20 Year Old Man Kills 18 Month Old Child After Performing WWE Moves, WWE Issues a Statement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
According to PennLive.com 20 year old Scott Hoffman, who is from New Jersey, is under arrest after allegedly killing his girlfriend’s 18 month old boy after using wrestling moves on the child. The man claimed he used The Rock Bottom and The Last Ride, used by pro wrestlers The Rock and Undertaker, respectively.

The man claims he performed the Last Ride move on the child and he missed the bed, causing the child to hit the floor where he was knocked unconscious. The child was rushed to a local hospital but diagnosed with a collapsed lung and possibly broken neck and unfortunately passed away later.

WWE issued the following statement to The Patriot News in response to the story:

“There is no excuse for a 20-year-old grown man to assault an 18-month old child, no matter what. Using a flimsy excuse about emulating a wrestling maneuver does not absolve Brandon Hoffman of this abhorrent crime. The death of Bryson Shoemaker is a tragedy, and WWE offers its condolences to the child’s mother, Sierra Shoemaker.”

Source

What in the actual fuck?!

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Next year's recipient of the Warrior Award?

• Haha
Reactions: Bort

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Scary thing is that every time something like this gets reported, the perp is older.

If I remember right there was some teenager who did the same thing back in 2013. And now a 20 year old.

Fucking Christ.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Scary thing is that every time something like this gets reported, the perp is older.

If I remember right there was some teenager who did the same thing back in 2013. And now a 20 year old.

Fucking Christ.
Was it not some brother who did it to his younger sister or something along those lines?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds about right

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I like the commercials that say "don't try this at home or school.". But they never say anything about the workplace

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's sort of a cruel irony that a move belonging to The Undertaker called the 'Last Ride' is what killed the child...

Stopspot

Reaction score
It's not irony that killed this child. It's stupidity.

"I'm a full grown man but let's give an 18 month old an elevated powerbomb, what could go wrong!? Wrestling is fake!"

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's not irony that killed this child. It's stupidity.

"I'm a full grown man but let's give an 18 month old an elevated powerbomb, what could go wrong!? Wrestling is fake!"

I said the situation as a whole was somewhat ironic, not that irony was some magical force that possessed a grown man to use wrestling moves on an 18-month old kid.

• Haha
Reactions: Trip in the Head

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This is a horrible tragerty and I feel bad for the mother of the child. However, I have to be honest in saying that I've done tons of wrestling moves, on a bed or soft surface, to my nephews and nieces. More or less, just "play fighting" with them. Sure, I didn't go as far as to hit a last ride powerbomb, which was dumb of the guy to do, but I've done some mini slams holding them up and slamming them on the bed.

The point is that the guy shouldn't have been doing this and clearly he's an idiot. But, I don't think we need to make it seem like he's worthless and meant to kill the kid just because he did one wrong move that he shouldn't have done. An idiot? Yes, absolutely. A murderer? Technically. yes.

If the guy had record of previously abusing the child and having no regard for him, then yeah, I can see this situation being viewed as nothing but murder.

Either way, not trying to side with the guy at all as he's a Moron.... But just putting things into perspective.