2 explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
2:50 pm eastern time, there were 2 explosions being described as bombs (not 100% confirmed) that went off at the finish line and one block back of the finish line at the Boston Marathon..... These explosions took place some 3 hours after the winners had crossed but during the time when a great deal of the non pro runners would be finishing.... The Boston police are reporting 23 injured and 2 dead at this time but judging from the video I've seen you can expect those numbers to go up.... I know this shit happens all the time and all over the world but God it's always a bit heartbreaking..

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah this shit just started flooding my news feed on FB. No idea what drives someone to bomb a marathon of all things aside from the simple love for killing. And it's going to be hard to track whoever's responsible down considering these bombs were likely planted for quite some time.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Police are now saying there was a 3rd explosion at the JFK library nearby where the first 2 explosions took place, there was also another device found which Police disposed of in a contolled explosion... Apparently this is still ongoing and there may be more bombs out there that have yet to be found....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
3 deaths, 36 injured is what I heard earlier, but the numbers I'm seeing now is 2 and 23.

Crazy fucking shit.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cell phone service has been suspended in Boston and no flights are being allowed out of Logan airport.

That's crazy shit honestly, I really don't know what to think about that.

AJ.

Reaction score
My eyes have been glued to the tv since I got home. So sad to hear about this.. My thoughts and prayers go out to all in Boston affect in the families..

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hopefully they find the douche bag who is doing this before this gets even more widespread than it already is. Only good thing so far is that the death toll is very small though it is a shame anybody had to die or get hurt.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've seriously never heard of them grounding air traffic for something completely unrelated to an airline catastrophe. Makes me wonder if the feds have any fucking clue what they're dealing with. Are they posting up road blocks on the interstates out of town too? I really don't get that.

I understand the cell phone thing at least since they're probably trying restrict incoming calls from all over the world, blowing up the phone lines, but the airport thing has me a little confused.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Them shutting down the airports is probably just a knee jerk reaction that they feel is necessary because they have no leads and no idea why these things happened... Wouldn't want to find out the hard way that these bombings were just the start of something much bigger... Seems a bit overboard to me too, but I guess better safe than sorry.... or, they know something we don't

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I've seriously never heard of them grounding air traffic for something completely unrelated to an airline catastrophe. Makes me wonder if the feds have any fucking clue what they're dealing with. Are they posting up road blocks on the interstates out of town too? I really don't get that.

I understand the cell phone thing at least since they're probably trying restrict incoming calls from all over the world, blowing up the phone lines, but the airport thing has me a little confused.

They are being very cautious and not taking any chances with anything. Shutting down the air service could mean one less way for the motherfucker who did this to get far away quickly, not to mention it's just smart. It's not like airplanes haven't been targeted before. I can't blame them one bit for being overly cautious.

There are conflicting reports as to whether cell networks have been shut down or not. If they have it is likely to prevent the remote detonation of any further devices.

There also may be a person of interest in custody.

Also, something that I read on reddit that bears repeating here: if you are looking to donate do not donate to any of these asshole facebook groups popping up. These morally bankrupt pieces of shit are just trying to profit off of this. Donate directly to the Red Cross.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Most people affiliate bombs with planes. In all honesty, it wouldn't be that surprising if someone planted a bomb or 2 on a plane. The Ottawa Senators, the hockey team to my home city are there right now and were scheduled to play tonight. That games has since been cancelled and their hotel is 15 minutes away from the explosion. Reports now say at least 90 injured and a good chunk seriously injured. Just sickening, and it honestly gives me more reason to hate people. There is also some guy(I didn't catch the name) that was quoted as saying he relishes in the sight of seeing blood on American streets. Just despicable.

I certainly hope no member here if they happen to be in Boston has lost a loved one or knows someone that was injured. Truly tragic.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
US still has no idea who did this. I wonder what leads, if any, they will even have to go off.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I guess they still have this person of interest, a Saudi kid in Boston on a school Visa but he is not yet considered a suspect.... If it is just some nut out to kill people, he might never be caught and that is scary cause what stops him from doing this again and again in city after city

hadn't seen your post [MENTION=3342]monkeystyle[/MENTION]..... hopefully some good news comes of those reports

Last edited:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler