15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Twoussa deal has definitely been canned has it? Any word on a late move for Saido?
The Dembele deal fell on Fulham refusing to release him completely, they wanted him loaned back until the end of the season.
Saido rumors have been circulating since Newcastle pulled out. And according to the Swedish reporter outside of spurs HQ, there are still people inside and some "punk in a junk car" told him Berahino was coming. And after that a moped with 15 pizzas went into the building. But he also says the security guard swore on his mother that nothing was happening.

But spurs are known for last minute deals so you never know

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
At Hotspur way nothing new. At least in.

Pritchard to West Brom on loan
Fazio back to Sevilla on loan
The serbian I cannot spell to Werder Bremen

The dude is my age and 500K ain't a bad price.

Miloš Veljković is how you spell it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lots of good games in the Premier League tonight.

Arsenal vs Southampton, Leicester vs Liverpool, Norwich vs Spurs and Man. United vs Stoke, and hopefully Sunderland manages to pull off the upset against Man. Shitty.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1454550953699.jpg

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
@Crayo looks like pep guardiola has took the easy option like i thought he would and signed for city instead bit disappointed tbh would of liked him to gone to man utd would have been w much bigger challenge for him
Not surprised to be honest. The annoying thing is it's going to raise more questions than answers. He takes over a side already established as one of the best teams in the league with quite possibly the best squad. Furthermore, they have the most money in the league (world?) and the lure of Pep himself will attract top, top players. So he'll take over already the best team, add some incredible players, succeed, and then what? Is he now the best around because he's dominated three leagues? Where's the challenge there? Where is the "Pep magic"? Call him a top coach because he is one, but this ludicrous claim that he is the "best around by a mile" is nonsense. Simeone, Klopp at BVD, Mourinho, even Potchettino (not BITW, but one of the best around) - these are names that deserve that accolade as they've built and achieved; not inherited.

/rant over

I'm pulling for Mourinho to come in for Utd to reignite that Manchester managerial rivalry.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not surprised to be honest. The annoying thing is it's going to raise more questions than answers. He takes over a side already established as one of the best teams in the league with quite possibly the best squad. Furthermore, they have the most money in the league (world?) and the lure of Pep himself will attract top, top players. So he'll take over already the best team, add some incredible players, succeed, and then what? Is he now the best around because he's dominated three leagues? Where's the challenge there? Where is the "Pep magic"? Call him a top coach because he is one, but this ludicrous claim that he is the "best around by a mile" is nonsense. Simeone, Klopp at BVD, Mourinho, even Potchettino (not BITW, but one of the best around) - these are names that deserve that accolade as they've built and achieved; not inherited.

/rant over

I'm pulling for Mourinho to come in for Utd to reignite that Manchester managerial rivalry.
If Mourinho came in you could easily get Ibra this summer for at least a season. In part because he loves working with Jose, in part because he hates Pep

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Would Ibra fit the style United would want to play or would it be a Berbatov kind of situation? He's got the ability but I don't see him fitting with a fast paced style which Man U fans seem to want. Gotta love how Liverpool fans were bragging about Texiera only wanting to play for them then him bouncing to China a few days after :smirk2:

The whole situation in China is pretty interesting, apparently being good at footie will be a good way into college.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayo

Stopspot

Reaction score
China is making football a mandatory school subject. They are pumping a fuck ton of money into their league and training system. Their president has said he wants to make them a football superpower. And a Chinese lamp company bought the Portugese second league on order of the Chinese state.

When asked on it by reporters they said it was "only the beginning" *cue ominous music*

BTW. Going to merge this into the regular season thread to keep the discussion flowing.
Thanks for the banter this silly people!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bought the league? Like bought every club or what?
Ya know how the BPL is the Barclays Premier League? Like that. Chinese LED lamp producer Ledman has bought the name rights to the Portugese Segunda Liga. So it will be called the Ledman Proliga.

They are also working on putting a rule in place that would require all teams in the league to have one Chinese player minimum on squad, as a "overseas study plan".

Stopspot

Reaction score
Uefa needs to put together a crack team of European footballers to combat the Chinese threat.

Lionel Messi
Christiano Ronaldo
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Klas Jan Huntelaar
Wayne Rooney as the gruff veteran who dies mid movie to bring the team together
Lavezzi as the traitor since he's rumored to go to China
and introducing Dele Alli as the rookie

Stopspot

Reaction score
Gunners vs Bournemouth is an entertaining game so far. Hoping for a Bournemouth goal to make it more interesting in the second.
Also caught De Klassiker from Holland (Feyenoord vs Ajax) earlier this morning as well. That was a belter