03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^I'd be upset too if that was the main event. It wouldn't feel right to not have a title match go on last. That's Wrestlemania tradition. Smart money tells me that they should've had another regular match here and the career vs. streak main event Extreme Rules.

Undertaker's WrestMania streak being on the line at Extreme Rules wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

seX-Power

^^I'd be upset too if that was the main event. It wouldn't feel right to not have a title match go on last. That's Wrestlemania tradition. Smart money tells me that they should've had another regular match here and the career vs. streak main event Extreme Rules.

lol, idiot.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Roflcopter.

Although seriously, this wrestlemania is stacked. Far better than last years build up in every way. The ONLY match I am not looking forward to is Showmiz Vs. The Palace Of Truth. Mostly because it's obvious that Morrison and Truth are just slapped together randomly to give Showmiz a bullshit opponent. The whole Morrison Vs. Miz stigma died off months ago. It's not a draw. But I enjoy Big Show (obviously) so I'm glad he has a high profile spot.

Otherwise this is looking like a great Mania set up.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yes, says me. There's nothing worse then a group of marks who refuse to acknowledge all logic when it comes to booking.

The final match this year will be either the World title match, or the WWE title. It makes sense, it's not bullshit in any way, it's the way it should always and will always be.

Taker/HBK 2 WILL, NOT, BE, THE, LAST, MATCH, OF, THE, SHOW. I guarantee it, I promise it, and I'd bet ANYTHING on it.

^^I'd be upset too if that was the main event. It wouldn't feel right to not have a title match go on last. That's Wrestlemania tradition.

First of all to the two of you, I'd like to remind you of WrestleMania 11 where Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow closed out the show and that most certainly was not for the title. So don't act like there isn't any kind of precedent for having a non-world title match go on last.

Secondly, I'm not saying it will go on last but regardless of what you think this is the biggest match on the card this year. No other match has the build up that this one does and to just out right dismiss the idea is ludicrous.

Further, don't forget that apparently they had also considered having Ric Flair/HBK to close out WM at 24 and that wasn't a title match either.

Fact of the matter is it could easily happen, so don't just dismiss it out of hand with no good reasoning.

xtremebadass

Although Taker vs. HBK is a highly anticipated match and has alot riding on it. A match of that magnitude is never the literal main event of WrestleMania. Like MS said, HBK vs. Ric was a HUGE match that everyone said could easily main event WM, but it didn't. Another one, Rock vs. Hogan. That match was single handedly the biggest match-up of the decade and peaked the interest in just about any and every fan, die hard and casual. That match was being promoted more than any other match on the card, yet it still wasn't the main event. The main event of WrestleMania is always a title match, it is an unwritten rule. Judging from both title matches, it is pretty easy to say Batista vs. Cena will main event. The two biggest stars in the company for the WWE title...I am sorry but the streak does not outweigh the belt. Maybe to the Undertaker, but not to anyone else.

I am not dismissing the idea of HBK/Taker main eventing the show, I am just saying it is unlikely.

straight_edge76

It's almost 100% certain that Batista/Cena will main event. Like a few other people said, Taker/HBK is one of, if not the single most highly anticipated match at Mania but the title takes priority every time. More often then not the title match is outshines by a non title match, the big ones have all been touched on, Flair/HBK, Rock/Hogan and even in some ways Austin/Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Many people knew that it could have very well, as still is Austin's last match. The fued building up to the match was brilliantly done, honestly that match not the Angle/Lesnar WWE title match is what I remember from Wrestlemania XIX.

But titles draw, without any doubt. I would argue that if a non-title match was headlining Wrestlemania nowadays Wrestlemania would not draw nearly as much as it does today.

xtremebadass

It's almost 100% certain that Batista/Cena will main event. Like a few other people said, Taker/HBK is one of, if not the single most highly anticipated match at Mania but the title takes priority every time. More often then not the title match is outshines by a non title match, the big ones have all been touched on, Flair/HBK, Rock/Hogan and even in some ways Austin/Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Many people knew that it could have very well, as still is Austin's last match. The fued building up to the match was brilliantly done, honestly that match not the Angle/Lesnar WWE title match is what I remember from Wrestlemania XIX.

But titles draw, without any doubt. I would argue that if a non-title match was headlining Wrestlemania nowadays Wrestlemania would not draw nearly as much as it does today.

I don't think the WWE reminds fans of how good Angle/Lesnar really was. They really stopped mentioning Lesnar altogether after WMXX so they never mentioned their classic WMXIX match after that. If he was still around the WWE would always talk about it the same way they talk about other classic matches. Plus Angle isn't there either. That's why people don't really remember it that well, it is never really talked about enough.

What Divas match do you think will happen at Mania, if there is one?

Beth, Kelly, Eve, and Gail vs. Maryse, Michelle, Layla, and Vickie G. I think.

maty619

Reaction score
I think it will be a ten woman with Tiffany and Alicia Fox added into it. With the current storyline it would seem odd to leave Tiffany out of the match (plus it is always nice to see Tiffany, as long as she gets some new ring atire) and Alicia is the only other heel diva I can think of. They might just go for the Miss Wrestlemania again.

xtremebadass

They better bring out Santino again to get him on the card atleast, he sure as hell wouldn't win. I would just like to see him try to pull the same shit from last year but fail miserably.

Double J

Reaction score
So do you think this will be worth ordering? Wouldn't mind watching it but not sure if the line up is worth the money.