03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

What's the face MITB route? Punk was a face when he won it but he still cashed it in and didnt turn heel until after winning the belt

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Edge is over as hell as a face. So is Christian but since coming to RAW, he hasn't been getting the same reactions

He was one of the only guys worth seeing on ECW, so he was always going to get big pops there. Seems to me that WWE are at least trying to keep him over by having him commentate when he didn't have a match last week, unlike the other RAW guys to have previously qualified for MITB, showing they're trying to at least get him on screen.

xtremebadass

The front runners to win MITB no doubt are Drew, Christian, and maybe this 10th guy which is most likely Kofi.

Like BKB said they put emphasis on Christian when he isn't in a match. Do you see them doing that for guys like Swagger or Bourne? This would lead one to believe Christian is definitely a favorite besides Drew who has an actual storyline going into this thing.

If Drew loses Vince is going to "expunge" his loss anyways and hand him a Vince McMahon certified contract for a world title shot anyways lol

Moonlight Drive

Christian doesn't need MITB, so him winning it would be pointless and taking it away from someone who does. I suspect Drew will win, since they seem intent on pushing him.

xtremebadass

If WWE decides to give Drew the belt, hopefully they will do a better job on him then they did Sheamus. I would love to see Drew and Sheamus switch brands. I heard Sheamus was going to SD which means Drew can move to Raw. Only reason I say that is because I don't want to sacrifice Drew's push by being associated with Edge's horrible face run. Face Edge can make anything suck.

Technically no one should "need" MITB, I suppose. If they're good enough to get to the main event they'll do it with or without the briefcase as a catalyst. I just agree with Pat when I think Christian is over and has readymade feuds waiting anyway to the point where that catalyst is basically useless.

After talking with Catsa last night I actually like the idea of Drew winning. The main thing I have against him is that he isn't really over at all, but I guess they can consider that a work in progress. He looks to have the talent, so all they need to do is push him right.

Mister J

Reaction score
Edge turning face is one of the best decisions WWE has made in a long time. He can now feud with guys like Jericho and CM Punk. Drew McIntyre is overrated.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't think that Christian needs it, but at the same time he's the one who will get the most out of it.

As it is he's generally well received by the fans but there is still the question of whether they perceive him as being able to hang in the main event as opposed to being the mid carder he has always bee.

Moonlight Drive

There's your catalyst for the feud right there though, Christian wanting to prove he can hang with the big dogs. MITB would be a waste on a guy who's one, maybe two feuds from being a legit Main Eventer.

Qwake

I'm still shocked that Morrison isn't in MITB, I thought for sure he'd be winning it this year to finally move him to the Main Event like everybody has been wanting.

I really don't think Drew will win and I really don't want him to win, he's been going well on Smackdown and I don't think overpushing him up into the Main Event right now would be a good idea. He's still in his first year, give him more time and he'll reach main event status without the briefcase if he continues with what he's been doing.

I really want Ziggler to win but that's just because I'm a fan of his, Christian definitely deserves it more then everyone else, but like others have said he doesn't really need it, if Vince wanted he could make Christian a Main Eventer in no time, he's pretty much already there, winning MITB would be the easier way of getting Christian a title match though.

Mister J

Reaction score
The MITB match is perfect for John Morrison. They needed a reason to get Kane on TV though.

I get that Drew perhaps isn't over enough to win, because that's what I was thinking before, but really they can take the time to build him up with the briefcase. He doesn't have to cash in right away - in fact, no one ever does. The earliest it's been cashed in is June, and if McIntyre wins, WWE would be stupid to have him cash it in that early.

xtremebadass

Last year nobody thought CM Punk would win. Everyone was hung up on either MVP or Christian. They can be doing the same approach this year. They know Drew and Christian are favorites, so who knows they might finally be pushing Swagger, which would be great if they do it right.

I remember they couldn't even keep his Undefeated Storyline going late last year, the guy only ended up winning 4 matches or so lol.

I hope they don't have Swagger win. As much as I like the guy, it was only a month or so ago that he was being embarrassed by Santino.