Your wrestling pet peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You must be American. Seems like you guys love our accents over here.

I'm not exactly sure where you're from so I can't comment on your accent, but she likes Sheamus a lot because of the Irish accent. She (and our mom though she sometimes denies it) has had a thing for guys with either Irish or Scottish accents. I'll never forget the story of the Scottish exchange student selling medical encyclopedias door to door and they bought them... and they sat on the book case for years....and years...and years... we all know why the books were purchased.

Edit: and you're right about the American but technically she was born in Italy.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where you're from so I can't comment on your accent, but she likes Sheamus a lot because of the Irish accent. She (and our mom though she sometimes denies it) has had a thing for guys with either Irish or Scottish accents. I'll never forget the story of the Scottish exchange student selling medical encyclopedias door to door and they bought them... and they sat on the book case for years....and years...and years... we all know why the books were purchased.

Edit: and you're right about the American but technically she was born in Italy.

I'm neither Scot nor Irish. English :okay:

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I'm not really sure about her thoughts on English accents... but I am sure she'll mention them when she inevitably shows up and gets mad at me for telling personal information about her.... but it's what I do :smilingimp:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

Wait, "our mom"? So you guys are siblings on the same forum? Nice

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wait, "our mom"? So you guys are siblings on the same forum? Nice

Yup, I get along very well with two out of my three siblings. The third one, should I ever see him again, will likely get an ass whipping the likes of which John Cena saw at the hands of Brock Lesnar... but I get along great with my older brother and sister.

(my apologies for sort of hijacking this thread to mention family stuff. however, if someone's wrestling pet peeve is that someone hijacks wrestling related threads, we can say I did them a service by giving a demonstration).

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

At least I admit why they were purchased. I also point out that I was only 15 or 16, very shy and naive, and Mom was a grown woman with a checkbook. She can't blame it all on me though she does try.

An equally melt-worthy accent, I assure you.

And just for the sake of not completely thread-jacking I present the "I'm so easily f*ing distracted" pet peeve. I love a good distraction and cheat but seriously, sometimes I wonder if these guys are capable of focusing at all. It's one thing if someone's manager or friend or whatever grabs you. That'd be a legit distraction, but when they're standing on the apron jumping up and down from across the ring going "Look at me, look at me!" do you really need Admiral Ackbar to tell you it's a trap?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Matches where wrestlers take turns kicking out of finisher after finisher after finisher... I think kicking out should happen once on very rare occasions.

Well let me expound upon this one: Matches that contain a huge move, but still have to end on a finisher.
Easiest example is the Zayn vs Cesaro Best 2/3, we all remember that insanely beautifully devastatingly awesometacular uppercut at the end, yet Cesaro still needed to hit a Neutralizer.
It's made it pretty hard to really build drama. Yeah Cena and Owens threw bombs at one another and it was a fantastic match, but it couldn't end without an AA/Pop up Powerbomb. Thus the kickouts created a whole lot of drama, but... Blah, lol

There's a bunch, I'd be here all day

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Another pet peeve I have is when a babyface that's weak at the mic and/or have a weak text trade insults with a well-spoken heel. It usually goes like this:

>Heel strikes babyface with really "ouch" kind of insults
>Babyface has no reasonable comeback and resorts to childish name-calling
>Heel acts as if he's just been burned out of his socks, pouting and losing his cool.

It kinds of breaks my suspention of disbelief a little when the heel is much better at the exchange of insults and still acts embarrassed.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
After writing and rewriting and rewriting again a big rant on the micromanaging of everything, I deleted it all and threw this shitty sentence together in five minutes or less and throw it against the wall and hope it sticks... much like WWE's promos

Reactions: EvilBlackCat

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think "Reasons Why Pro Wrestling Is Annoying" would have probably been a more appropriate thread title after seeing everything that's been posted in this thread.
:bischoff: