Your wrestling pet peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How about in no DQ matches when a wrestler in a submission hold gets to the rope, the ref calls for a break and the aggressive wrestler actually breaks? Rope breaks are completely nonsensical in no DQ matches.

I always felt this way as well, but they put an end to this sometime ago, I believe. I was watching a match not long ago (I forgot which match it was, but it was one that happened either this year or last year, I think) where someone trapped in a submission hold tried reaching for the ropes and the commentators pointed out how it would do them no good since it was a no disqualification match and rope breaks didn't count.

Along those lines though, something else that irks me is when the manager/bodyguard/apprentice/etc. of a heel interferes on his behalf in a No DQ match and gets thrown out by the referee for it. Take Diesel at WMX, for example. He attacked Razor Ramon during his ladder match with Shawn Michaels, the referee ordered him to go to the back, and rather than tell the referee off, Diesel stomped off to the back in anger anyway as if he had no choice... despite it being a no disqualification match.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I always felt this way as well, but they put an end to this sometime ago, I believe. I was watching a match not long ago (I forgot which match it was, but it was one that happened either this year or last year, I think) where someone trapped in a submission hold tried reaching for the ropes and the commentators pointed out how it would do them no good since it was a no disqualification match and rope breaks didn't count.

Along those lines though, something else that irks me is when the manager/bodyguard/apprentice/etc. of a heel interferes on his behalf in a No DQ match and gets thrown out by the referee for it. Take Diesel at WMX, for example. He attacked Razor Ramon during his ladder match with Shawn Michaels, the referee ordered him to go to the back, and rather than tell the referee off, Diesel stomped off to the back in anger anyway as if he had no choice... despite it being a no disqualification match.

Its still happens. I've seen it happen a few times already this year, which is why it's fresh in my mind. And not just in WWE, I've seen it a couple times in TNA this year and actually two days ago in Lucha Underground.

Sometimes even the ref will make the break and one of the commentators will mention that he shouldn't have to.

But you're right in that there are times when it doesn't happen.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Last edited:

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I hate how a guy who can be completely brutalized in an hour long match and come out standing somehow manages to knocked unconscious by something silly in another circumstance.

Women who feel the need to shove their crotch at the camera as they step through the ropes.

That I'm not married to Sheamus... oh, wait,that's something else. Never mind.

Reaction score
I flipping hate the damn "Knee raise" when a high flying move is just about to land, apparently it is so powerful it can change the momentum in the freaking match, also i hate dramatic rope breaks and most importantly Finishers out of nowhere. Ok the RKO and Sweet Chin Music work for it but when Cena out of nowhere picks a guy up and delivers an AA. Just seems unrealistic.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of Sheamus, if he banged a black chick, would the kid still come out white?

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
That may be the best response to that ever.

He might not be the hottest guy on the roster but he seems like he'd be pretty nice, and then there is that accent. I'm not saying I wouldn't like a night with Seth Rollins but pretty boys are a tad too high maintenance in the long run. And then there's that accent...

Speaking of Sheamus, if he banged a black chick, would the kid still come out white?

Well, usually I think it would be the recessive gene but in his case, I think so. Very very white.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
But if they didn't have the "escape the cage through the door" gimmick then how we would get all those awesome "slam the door on his head" spots guys!? /sarcasm

Yeah, it bugs me when someone gets a roll up pin off the tiniest distraction. "oh I'm so distracted I can't kick out! Now I'm going to act all surprised that just happened." Gimme a break.

One thing I'm getting tired of is how they "hide" the small trampoline thing that the Lucha Dragons use to jump in the ring. I know it's there. Those guys aren't jumping that high from the floor on their own. Yet it rarely shows up on camera. It's not major I guess, but it bugs me.

Oh, and the whole winning a last man standing match by putting something over your opponent so they "can't get up". I hate that shit. It was interesting the first time it was done (Mankind vs The Rock iirc?), but now it happens WAY to often for my tastes.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This one for me is more WWE centric than wrestling in general: How most falls count anywhere matches still always end in the ring. You're the WWE . You hve multiple camera crews, well set up light rigs and run well set up big arenas on a weekly basis. If any company should be able to pull of a finish outside of the ring that all the fans and viewers can see clearly it is you.

Reactions: Green Jesus

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Stolen threads. jk
Crossbody "I'll take the same bump as if the move hit but since I bounced and did I flip I won't sell" reversals.

Reactions: Green Jesus

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Stolen threads. jk
Crossbody "I'll take the same bump as if the move hit but since I bounced and did I flip I won't sell" reversals.
Woo Woo Woo, u know it

Reactions: Leo C

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I hate how basically only heels and face jobbers tap-out. I dislike how losing to a submission hold is some sort of shameful display in the wwe. Last time I saw a credible face losing due to tap-out was in Brock Lesnar vs Triple H, and brock had to kayfabe break his arm in order to do it.

I get babyfaces have the "don't give up" attitude and all, but them never ever tapping out to dangerous submissions takes away a little of the magic of "OMG IS HE GOING TO TAP?" moments when 99% of the times he's not going to.

It also hinders Heels that have submissions as their finishers, as they usually have to either do a rollup or get a new finisher altogether in order to win(Del rio)

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
That may be the best response to that ever.

He might not be the hottest guy on the roster but he seems like he'd be pretty nice, and then there is that accent. I'm not saying I wouldn't like a night with Seth Rollins but pretty boys are a tad too high maintenance in the long run. And then there's that accent...

You must be American. Seems like you guys love our accents over here.