Your wrestling pet peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Roll-ups being this amazing, incredible move that can put someone away! So powerful!

That's all i got so far.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
When The Great Khali appears, I instantly hate everything on screen. Even the babies in the crowd, even if my favorite song is playing. Even if Tupac himself was there.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I hate when a wrestler completely changes his wrestling style simply because he becomes a face. And I am not talking about cheating.

In 1994 and 1995 Shawn Michaels was gaining popularity as a heel. Yeah, he cheated, but not always. He was putting on excellent matches even at house shows. I'll never forget being at a house show at the United Center and these two huge guys who looked about the size of Harlem Heat were sitting in front of me. The moment Michael's music hit, they got up and started dancing like crazy. It was wonderful.

Then, they turned Michaels into a face and completely changed him. He became a Hulk Hogan clone of getting his ass beat in the match only to have the inevitable super comeback. It never made sense to me why they do this because he was gaining popularity due to his wrestling and character, so their solution is to make them a face, change their wrestling style and then change their character. Idiotic.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Matches where wrestlers take turns kicking out of finisher after finisher after finisher... I think kicking out should happen once on very rare occasions.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
The blatant time-consuming slow climbing in ladder matches and slow walking through the door during steel cage matches. Seriously, is it really the best idea to calmly walk away the cage, even if your opponent is down? That's probably not your first rodeo, dammit.

Reactions: Red Rain

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Actually, scratch that. Just get rid of the "walking through the door" shit as a whole. There's no way you can sell this shit without looking awful, just make climbing the only gimmicky way to win and be done with it.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
"Shit how do I walk through this door? Better spend ten minutes remembering how to!!!"

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
There are many for me but 2 stand out the most:

1)So many matches won by roll up pin.
2)And matches won by distractions.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
How about in no DQ matches when a wrestler in a submission hold gets to the rope, the ref calls for a break and the aggressive wrestler actually breaks? Rope breaks are completely nonsensical in no DQ matches.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
In multi man elimination matches when one wrestler breaks up a pinfall. It's an elimination match- you should be happy with somebody getting eliminated, it's kind of the point.