• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Your unpopular opinions

CrayJ Lee

Champion
I'm a huge fan of AJ Lee and not because of her looks. She's the reason I got into wrestling last summer and I look forward to seeing her on my screen regardless of her role.

I wish the Divas matches were longer.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Since we're being pedantic here, reacting to an opponent's attacks in a manner that suggests to the audience that the attacks genuinely hurt would not be what Dolph is doing? By flopping all over the place, he's trying to convince the audience that what happened to him genuinely hurt.
But he doesn't sell in the long term, which is the traditional sense of selling. How am I to believe that a punch from a 7 foot giant really hurts if a much smaller guy like Dolph gets right back up?

swangirl

The Artiste
I don't like women's wrestling
I think Cena is overrated
I dislike Randy Orton
I love Tons of Funk
I like A.J
I think Big E lanston should be a face
Tna reminds me of wcw
A.J Styles is overrated

Rysenberg

Legend
I'd say HHH/Brock was easily the bigger sell for the PPV than Taker/Punk. Look at which build was more serious (hint: the one that involved Vince) and which build was half-assed. Taker's matches will always draw based on the streak, regardless of who the opponent is. Let's not forget the numbers they did for Summerslam, which is one of the main reasons why the match happened again in the first place.

I agree that Brock/Bryan could make Bryan look like more of a legitimate star but that's why I'd do it on a lesser PPV than Wrestlemania. I also wouldn't put Bryan over in a million years. I'd book it as Bryan putting up a good fight, maybe even locking a submission hold or two on Lesnar and getting him to scream in pain (would be cool to see Bryan break out some submissions we haven't seen from him yet) and keep on fighting despite the punishment he takes but in the end, he still falls to Lesnar. He'd be put over well enough just by hanging with someone like Lesnar that long. It is a dangerous (though if he wants to be taken more seriously, necessary) thing for him to get away from the comedy bits of his personality though, because it's the reason he's over in the first place.

I guess it's an unanswerable question, but I would say Taker/Punk sold more. The fact that the crowd were going absolutely apeshit throughout most of the Taker/Punk match, while during the Brock/HHH it was crickets suggests to me what match people cared more about (I'm gonna give HHH/Brock the benefit of the doubt and say it's because of having to follow up Punk/Taker). The Brock/HHH build was definitely bigger, but I don't think the 'E valued it much higher. Taker/Punk got to close out the last Raw before Wrestlemania. Oh, and with regards to how Bryan/Brock would compare, it would be absolutely fine IMO. Brock's similar to Undertaker (although to a lesser extent), in that he can be paired with anybody and get buys.

I sort of agree that Brock should be the one to go over. The whole ultimate underdog thing with Bryan going over is a little bit tacky as well. Although it would do D-Bry wonders obviously and it wouldn't hurt Brock that much I reckon. I guess to some extent it is a risk getting rid of the whole comedy gimmick - it's over as hell obviously - but it's a direction they're eventually going to be forced into taking. There's no better way to drop the gimmick yet stay over than fueding with a heat magnet like Brock.

Roi

Champion
I feel like you're the first guy to come out of the closet, and I'm the one who follows suit. Though I haven't hidden it, I am a pretty big fan of Orton's viper character, and am desperate for that heel turn. I highly rank his heel run as the viper in the top 10 heels ever. Now that's got to be unpopular.
This^^

Sadistic Orton :fap: