• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
I'm rude to everyone. Most people get it, the squares get butt hurt and take on a personal vendetta against me. It is an easy way to find out who is about what really quickly. You've come off to me as tight wad and a total "s"mark, but maybe I just brought out the worst in you.

I'll tell you what, I'll do something I don't ever do. I'll take you off ignore and we can just put our best foot forward from here on. Sound good?

Well, yeah. You prolly did bring out the worst in me.

But yeah, I remember we were on good terms before, maybe we can be again.

- Sounds great.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Bryan isn't great, but his average-ness, atm at least, I feel is better than Reigns' mic work. I do agree that the yes/no thing gets overdone, gets annoying, indeed, but from his other gimmick(s) we've seen some better stuff, which proves he can cut the WWE scripted promo alright. Reigns I find more boring than him in this aspect.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reigns right now is being asked to be this quiet calculated badass, which doesn't leave much room for exciting promos. If they want him to be like this it is fine, but you can't throw him out for extended promos all of the time and expect magic with this schtick. I think he has potential on the mic, but for what they are using him for now he shouldn't be getting exposed as much as he is because it is counter productive.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reigns right now is being asked to be this quiet calculated badass, which doesn't leave much room for exciting promos. If they want him to be like this it is fine, but you can't throw him out for extended promos all of the time and expect magic with this schtick. I think he has potential on the mic, but for what they are using him for now he shouldn't be getting exposed as much as he is because it is counter productive.
I agree. I think them scripting every word and having everyone cut a very similar style of promo hurts. Reigns does seem like he'd be great with the stick if he never spoke much and just had a few short lines here and there because he'd sound much more badass, but having him cut extended promos, yeah, it's bad. Not completely his fault.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal

To be honest, this was prolly the best promo Reigns has done. It wasn't super extended or anything. He just sounded badass. And this is coming from a guy who isn't Roman's biggest fan, but he'll eventually grow on me, as he's been improving in the ring since he came back and his movements in the ring while delivering promos aren't that robotic anymore.

Last edited:

HBK 3:16

Jobber
I don't hate Reigns or anything, I actually think he has immense potential, but I at this point feel that he is not anywhere close to being ready as a overall performer to be the top guy in any way shape or form; and I feel that he needs some more time in the mid card to rough out his edges before he ever gets anywhere near the main event.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
I don't hate Reigns or anything, I actually think he has immense potential, but I at this point feel that he is not anywhere close to being ready as a overall performer to be the top guy in any way shape or form; and I feel that he needs some more time in the mid card to rough out his edges before he ever gets anywhere near the main event.

My thoughts exactly.

They should let him conquer Rusev first, before his big push to stardom.

Orton wasn't ready for that brass ring back in 2004, now he's one of the best performers. The same thing could happen with Reigns.

Jobber
My thoughts exactly.

They should let him conquer Rusev first, before his big push to stardom.

Orton wasn't ready for that brass ring back in 2004, now he's one of the best performers. The same thing could happen with Reigns.

Agreed, I love Rusev but I think that defeating him (and getting the rub of his undefeated streak) and then going on a nice dominant run as United States Champion would be absolutely the best thing for Reigns to do, it allows him the time and freedom he needs to grow as a singles competitor and a promo worker in every aspect while still keeping him relevant in the eyes of the audience without having to throw too much on him too soon, while at the same time can work to restore credibility that the US title really needs, and if he improves his mic and in ring work (something he has already begun to do) to the point where he crosses the threshold into a main event talent then you push him; but if he were to fail for whatever reason then at least then you would have avoided a mistake.

Pushing him too soon, especially when the audience is clamoring for Bryan to get another run; is only going to hurt that potential.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Agreed, I love Rusev but I think that defeating him (and getting the rub of his undefeated streak) and then going on a nice dominant run as United States Champion would be absolutely the best thing for Reigns to do, it allows him the time and freedom he needs to grow as a singles competitor and a promo worker in every aspect while still keeping him relevant in the eyes of the audience without having to throw too much on him too soon, while at the same time can work to restore credibility that the US title really needs, and if he improves his mic and in ring work (something he has already begun to do) to the point where he crosses the threshold into a main event talent then you push him; but if he were to fail for whatever reason then at least then you would have avoided a mistake.

Pushing him too soon, especially when the audience is clamoring for Bryan to get another run; is only going to hurt that potential.

Correct. I agree with everything here.

Honestly, I just think it's a bit early to push the guy. Sure, he's so over. But, give him time to be even more over with the crowd. Let him crush The Russian Crusher first, and let him grow more as an in-ring performer and mic worker. Then, everything would be alright.

The potential is there, it's up to the WWE to capitalize on it.

Jobber
Correct. I agree with everything here.

Honestly, I just think it's a bit early to push the guy. Sure, he's so over. But, give him time to be even more over with the crowd. Let him crush The Russian Crusher first, and let him grow more as an in-ring performer and mic worker. Then, everything would be alright.

The potential is there, it's up to the WWE to capitalize on it.

Yep, he's only been a singles competitor for 4 months (thanks to his injury) and is one of he greenest guys in terms of overall experience on the roster, there is no reason to push him so early, It's not like WWE needs to immediately replace Cena or Bryan with a new face, so an extra year of development and time to grow more as both an in-ring performer and mic worker as well as get more over with the crowd is only going to help Roman long term; WWE is only going to hurt him if they give him too much too soon.

So yeah, the ball is in WWE's court here, and using the old proverb in a different way, it's their choice to either take the ball and run with it prematurely and get tackled by the defense (the fans), or do it smartly and score a touchdown in the process.

Crimson

To be honest, this was prolly the best promo Reigns has done. It wasn't super extended or anything. He just sounded badass. And this is coming from a guy who isn't Roman's biggest fan, but he'll eventually grow on me, as he's been improving in the ring since he came back and his movements in the ring while delivering promos aren't that robotic anymore.

Yes, this wasn't that bad than the others. Still think he was pointless there. Ambrose delivered the best promo of his WWE career right there.

Yes, it really was. One other problem with him, he don't know how to tell the promo to the crowd, he don't even know how to hold the damn mic.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Yes, this wasn't that bad than the others. Still think he was pointless there. Ambrose delivered the best promo of his WWE career right there.

Yes, it really was. One other problem with him, he don't know how to tell the promo to the crowd, he don't even know how to hold the damn mic.

I don't hate Reigns, but I don't love him either, but I think Reigns was pretty spot on there. He basically told us the future of his booking, he was coming for Seth's ass which he kinda did, he was gonna beat Orton, which he did, and he was gonna come for HHH, which should've happened, but got cancelled, obviously.

So... If they decide to roll with Bryan as the Rumble winner instead of Reigns, which I'd love, HHH should be the guy to put Reigns over, it'd be a huge step forward for his big push to stardom.

As far as Ambrose goes... He's just gold on the mic and the guy just oozes charisma.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
That's totally what I'm seeing as well. HHH is the perfect guy to put Reigns over. They can play the whole Batista angle and say he's the weakest link IDK but I'd prefer that over Reigns vs Lesnar.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
That's totally what I'm seeing as well. HHH is the perfect guy to put Reigns over. They can play the whole Batista angle and say he's the weakest link IDK but I'd prefer that over Reigns vs Lesnar.

In terms of match quality, Bryan vs Lesnar would be awesome.

Either way, if it's Bryan or Reigns or whoever ends up beating Lesnar for the title at WM 31, it's fine with me... As long as Rollins cashes in successfully on the new champ afterwards.
I don't see a better moment for Rollins to cash in than at Mania on the brand new WWE-WHC, whoever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.