Your Favourite TV Show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Lmao for the most part I'd agree with you but I love sarcastic comedy.

Also Monty Python is one of my favorites, has anyone seen that? Although that is mainly British humor too.

R Albin have you seen The Office? (UK)
Somehow you strike me as the type who would like it.

Nope, never seen an ep, although I've been half tempted to watch it.

Anybody seen Not Going Out? Such an underrated program, Lee Mack is hilarious.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
These were really bad. I watched the entire first video and couldn't take the second one.
The only UK comedy that I enjoyed was Mr. Bean and that's when I was a kid.
Like I said, it's British humor lol, I really like just stupid humor like Airplane and Naked Gun, Monty Python is very similar.
I also like clever humor but teen comedy bores the shit out of me.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo raves about INbetweeners, so that makes sense lmfao.

I agree though, community is much deeper and funny for better reasons than fart or wanker jokes. Then again I do love Pierce's gay jokes so idk
It could be Pierce's delivery or that his father raised him that way. Remember the Gay Party episode for Harthownes?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Like I said, it's British humor lol, I really like just stupid humor like Airplane and Naked Gun, Monty Python is very similar.
I also like clever humor but teen comedy bores the shit out of me.

I guess so. There is just a serious disconnect between me and British humor. I've given it a legitimate chance a few times. I remember watching a couple of eps of The UK OFfice when I had Netflix and it just felt dry.

but at the same time I love Airplane! which you compare to British humor. So beats the fuck out of me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It could be Pierce's delivery or that his father raised him that way. Remember the Gay Party episode for Harthownes?

I've seen it but for some reason it is not coming to me. Is it from S3? I need to re-watch S3 as I've only seen it once and many were watched in block segments where I watched 4-5 eps at a time

wait wait wait.

the Hawthorne wipes being popular with gay people? I think I remember it

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
I guess so. There is just a serious disconnect between me and British humor. I've given it a legitimate chance a few times. I remember watching a couple of eps of The UK OFfice when I had Netflix and it just felt dry.

but at the same time I love Airplane! which you compare to British humor. So beats the fuck out of me.
Lol I know, it's kinda just silly humor, it's all jokes that you know are coming and you can tell exactly what is going to be said but it's funny anyway, I've only met a few people outside Britain that actually enjoy British humor lol, although I enjoy a lot of American humor, some of it is dreadful but on the whole I prefer it to British.

Leslie Neilson was absolutely fantastic at what he did as well.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I've seen it but for some reason it is not coming to me. Is it from S3? I need to re-watch S3 as I've only seen it once and many were watched in block segments where I watched 4-5 eps at a time

wait wait wait.

the Hawthorne wipes being popular with gay people? I think I remember it
It's the debut episode of Pierce's dad.
I haven't watched any episodes twice unless I really enjoyed it.
For example:
Halloween (Zombie), Dungeons and Dragons and some more.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's the debut episode of Pierce's dad.
I haven't watched any episodes twice unless I really enjoyed it.
For example:
Halloween (Zombie), Dungeons and Dragons and some more.

The timeline episode, surely?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lol I know, it's kinda just silly humor, it's all jokes that you know are coming and you can tell exactly what is going to be said but it's funny anyway, I've only met a few people outside Britain that actually enjoy British humor lol, although I enjoy a lot of American humor, some of it is dreadful but on the whole I prefer it to British.

Leslie Neilson was absolutely fantastic at what he did as well.
Yea Neilson was the man.

I'm not even sure you can classify a specific "American humor" because there is just so much of it. We have the clever humor, but we also have tons and tons and tons of 'dumbed down' humor. Maybe it's easier to peg "American humor' from an outsiders perspective, idk

Yo Christian what is Canadian humor like lol

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Yea Neilson was the man.

I'm not even sure you can classify a specific "American humor" because there is just so much of it. We have the clever humor, but we also have tons and tons and tons of 'dumbed down' humor. Maybe it's easier to peg "American humor' from an outsiders perspective, idk

Yeah I even liked him in Superhero Movie which he wasn't really in that much, he just had the delivery of a proper comedy actor, kind of like what Jim Carrey had at the start of his career.

Yeah it's kind of the same with British humor, when I think of it I think of some really good stuff like Extras and The Office but then at the same time shit like Inbetweeners and Lee Nelson.

The one Canadian comedian I've seen I really like, he's my favorite comedian although coincidentally I don't know his name. He just delivers one liners and is very tall with brown hair if anyone can help me out.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No. lol
This isn't the episode, can't seem to find it.

Timeline episode is the GOAT imo

edit: so many great lines in that 33 second clip. "Unseasonably tanned" and 'You're basically Fins!"

lawd

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yea Neilson was the man.

To the world, Hockey.
No I jk.
Uhh, I don't know considering I don't watch Canadian shows at all.

I'm guessing Just For Laughs, Corner Gas, Trailer Park Boys, ect. Nothing too funny.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Timeline episode is the GOAT imo

edit: so many great lines in that 33 second clip. "Unseasonably tanned" and 'You're basically Fins!"

lawd

I liked the episode, but the best? Maybe for that season.
One of my favourite episodes was when Jeff was gonna fight that dude.