Xbox reveal discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't even get how the strictly gamers can be mad at this either. From a gaming only aspect, ignoring all the incredible features, we saw some incredible graphics and game exclusives... If you want to mark over the gaming aspect, watch E3, don't expect that from a first revelation from the console maker. This is them selling us the console, not the games, but from a gaming aspect the games + gameplay looked fantastic.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
From a gaming standpoint of view, they haven't showed much, but enough to make me purchase it. Those animations are fantastic and 300,000 servers? Holy shit, Xbox Live is going to be amazing.

Reactions: Crayo

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
From what I saw, it trumped Sony. But that's mainly because Sony told us jack all.

Reactions: Crayo

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There’s one feature of Xbox One from which we can infer quite a few conclusions: You can install any game from the disc to the console’s hard drive, and then play that game whenever you like without having to put the disc in.
Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.
What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.
Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.
But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.
And what of the persistent rumors that Xbox One games will be “always online” – that is, that single-player games would require a constant online connection to function? As it turns out, those rumors were not unfounded, but the reality is not so draconian. Xbox One will give game developers the ability to create games that use Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing service, which means that they might be able to offload certain computing tasks to the cloud rather than process them on the Xbox One hardware itself. This would necessitate the game requiring a connection.
Are developers forced to create games that have these online features, and are thus not playable offline? They are not, Xbox exec Whitten said to Wired — but “I hope they do.” So the always-online future may come in incremental steps.

Wired

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
b93c439063aba73164914e858f74b149.jpg

:fap: :fap: :fap:

Stopspot

Reaction score
In essence. If you want to borrow Fifa from a friend. You have to pay a fee to install it to your hard drive. You can not just borrow a game or buy it second hand.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
You need to read this bit:

Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.
What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.
But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
In essence. If you want to borrow Fifa from a friend. You have to pay a fee to install it to your hard drive. You can not just borrow a game or buy it second hand.
I'm pretty sure you can play it on the disc though, right?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Then buy your games and stop being a cheap skate :pity2:
But what if I want to try a game before buying it? Also you apparently need to have a constant internet connection to the system. So I cannot bring it to my cabin for a weekend for example. Plus the Xbox is according to wired always on.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
So say if I bought Fifa 14. I install it in my hard drive and I give my disc to Crayo. He has to use the disc while I can play on my memory?

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can play it on the disc though, right?
The disc is apparently only for installation. You are supposed to install the game with the disc, then play via hard drive