Xbox One

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
554d1370208299-1527_482404835174679_733338653_n.jpg

This pic made me sketch right out, probably not true, but ya never know.

Attachments

• 1527_482404835174679_733338653_n.jpg
    1527_482404835174679_733338653_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
Well, the Xbox one looks a sorry state of affair... Quite literally one of the biggest invasions of privacy ever from what I've seen... No way am I buying it after reading half the shit this thing will do...

Probably going to get a PS4 *if* anything.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'll be getting a PS4. Microsoft know where they can stick their goofy Windows 8 tiled interfaces and shitty web shows.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I doubt that picture is legit, otherwise people would have to sign shit, and it's an invasion of privacy. Seems a tad bit illegal. Why the fuck would the Government need to rely on a company that makes gaming consoles and shit? Pretty stupid. Don't believe the picture.

Reaction score
I'll be getting a PS4. Microsoft know where they can stick their goofy Windows 8 tiled interfaces and shitty web shows.

Speaking of shitty web shows, if you've watched the Xbox One official release video, you'll notice the Skype conversation, the guy on the screen, had his part recorded beforehand, and it's too obvious.

[video=youtube;IqA-SJGUlNY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqA-SJGUlNY[/video]​

(start at 5:15 if you want to see the Skype conversation.)

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
You know speaking of prices, a thought occurred to me the other day in relation to that. As many people would expect, a console is generally made to conform to a particular price range. Generally that's why a lot of mid-range computers or laptops as well as why a console like the Wii U (having received criticism) have some of the decent parts they contain being mixed in with some not so ideal or top of the range parts - with other considerations such as power usage etc of course also.

Given that the original Kinect wasn't exactly "cheap" in the first place and for the technology IT had, part of me wonders what kind of effect this new Kinect has on the pricing and design choices of the new Xbox One. I mean I'd imagine either (in order to bring costs down) they perhaps brought down or made certain allowances with some of the chosen hardware, or the price itself is brought up that much higher in order to include the Kinect. It's annoying enough that the damn thing is forced (potential security issues, inconvenience, unsightly-ness, added power consumption etc), but just how much of a factor is it in ultimately negatively affecting the consumer (particularly price-wise and based on some of those suggested RRP's?)

Given that they're kinda promoting the whole "Cloud gaming" aspect of the console (which if heavily used or pushed could be an annoying factor in regards to why always online is required), it's possible that they stopped the Xbox One actually BEING as good as it could be in order to allow for the Kinect (with the view that "cloud gaming" is meant to make up for that). Maybe i'm wrong about all that because i'm clearly not an expert, but it'd be pretty stupid and make the Kinect that much more crapper in my eyes if Microsoft actually went that far just to have it mandatory and included.

Of course, Microsoft promoting the "all in one" aspect could be their way of further justifying a potentially higher price I guess too (in that when buying the Xbox One "you're buying more than just an Xbox" - precisely the problem of many people in the first place really).

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Online Retailers List Xbox One and PS4 Pre-Orders - IGN

^Rumored Xbox One and PlayStation 4 prices.

Amazon UK is listing the Xbox one at 599 pounds, approximately 912$, and Amazon Germany lists it at about 780$.

Zavvi lists both consoles at around 600$.

What. the. fuck.

I know it's just a rumor but still.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I hope it's true cause after the first year the price drop would be fucking crazy. After a year not being able to sell they'd cut costs to make it almost the same as the Xbox now.

Matthew

Reaction score
Any thing over $500 is way too much. Anything over $400 is too much. If it is $600 people just aren't going to buy them. Ask Sony about the Playstation 3 at launch and how that went.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
How game licensing works on the Xbox One (yes, it supports used games)

You will be able to give your Xbox One games to your friends, but only once and only to friends you've known for more than a month. That's according to the new rules shared today about Xbox One game licensing by Microsoft.

All games will be available new in both disc or digital form, and will need to be installed on your Xbox One while logged in. From there, you'll be registered for the game on the cloud, so you'll be able to play it wherever you're logged into an Xbox One, even if you happen to be at a friend's house.

You will have the option to resell that game back to a retailer, but that retailer will have to sign up with Microsoft to allow you to do so. Microsoft won't charge fees to do that, but it does say that "third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers." You can give the game away, but only once and only to someone who's been on your friends list for that required 30 days.

Microsoft also says that the ability to loan or rent games "won't be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners." All of the information about game licensing on the new console can be seen on the official Xbox One site.

How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One

It goes into a bit more detail if you read the Xbox linked article at the bottom. Hmm this has given better information about it and it sounds better than it did before. I don't have a problem with how it works. Yeah the old concept was better, but this will work and is quite smart on MS's part.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Any thing over $500 is way too much. Anything over $400 is too much. If it is $600 people just aren't going to buy them. Ask Sony about the Playstation 3 at launch and how that went.

It's a fucking x86 PC with an AMD processor meant for netbooks dude.

PS4 and Xbox One's AMD Jaguar CPU examined | Games industry news | MCV

AMD's desktop processors lag far behind Intel's in the performance department, and the Jaguar CPU inside this thing is even weaker than AMD's current top end Bulldozer offering.

As I said, the argument for this generation is specious at best, they better offer some good fucking exclusives or people are going to wisen up and realize that the PC is a better long term investment. "All-in-One." Yeah, right. Let's not forget that consoles are meant for GAMING, and GAMING first. If people wanted an HTPC they can assemble one for dirt cheap and hook it up to their HDTVs easily, what's stopping them? Add in a wireless remote and a free copy of Xbox Media Center and they could probably assemble it for around 300-400$, capable of 1080p videos and everything. I can see it selling for 400$-450$. 600$ is way too much.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
It's a fucking x86 PC with an AMD processor meant for netbooks dude.

PS4 and Xbox One's AMD Jaguar CPU examined | Games industry news | MCV

AMD's desktop processors lag far behind Intel's in the performance department, and the Jaguar CPU inside this thing is even weaker than AMD's current top end Bulldozer offering.

As I said, the argument for this generation is specious at best, they better offer some good fucking exclusives or people are going to wisen up and realize that the PC is a better long term investment. "All-in-One." Yeah, right. Let's not forget that consoles are meant for GAMING, and GAMING first. If people wanted an HTPC they can assemble one for dirt cheap and hook it up to their HDTVs easily, what's stopping them? Add in a wireless remote and a free copy of Xbox Media Center and they could probably assemble it for around 300-400$, capable of 1080p videos and everything. I can see it selling for 400$-450$. 600$ is way too much.

As long as people continue to like trash like Call Of Duty, consoles will thrive... regardless of whether they're worth it or not.

PCs are better, they just don't have the marketing behind them to reach their potential. Assembling a decent PC also takes a little thought, people aren't willing to do that, and as such, choose consoles.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
How game licensing works on the Xbox One (yes, it supports used games)

You will be able to give your Xbox One games to your friends, but only once and only to friends you've known for more than a month. That's according to the new rules shared today about Xbox One game licensing by Microsoft.

All games will be available new in both disc or digital form, and will need to be installed on your Xbox One while logged in. From there, you'll be registered for the game on the cloud, so you'll be able to play it wherever you're logged into an Xbox One, even if you happen to be at a friend's house.

You will have the option to resell that game back to a retailer, but that retailer will have to sign up with Microsoft to allow you to do so. Microsoft won't charge fees to do that, but it does say that "third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers." You can give the game away, but only once and only to someone who's been on your friends list for that required 30 days.

Microsoft also says that the ability to loan or rent games "won't be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners." All of the information about game licensing on the new console can be seen on the official Xbox One site.

This still sounds like crap. So now I will have to subscribe to XBLive for over a month, if One of my friends wants to borrow my game. Fees. Or, is it in order for my games to install I have to subscribe to XBLive?

The whole "Third party developers may choose" sound a whole hell of a lot like "We are passing the blame in an attempt to bring our stocks back up, after the announcement of this console fucked us". The ones who are aware realize that MS wants to make money off of used games, they will be the ones adding fees for their "exclusives", EA has already revoked any & all online passes so you can play your sports game for free on their servers if you buy used. I will find this out soon enough, the owners of my LCBS where I buy my used games will keep me informed on anything detailing the resale aspect, and fees to the retailer.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I throw hundreds of dollars at strippers on Tuesday nights, these prices are no problem for me.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
The whole "Third party developers may choose" sound a whole hell of a lot like "We are passing the blame in an attempt to bring our stocks back up, after the announcement of this console fucked us". The ones who are aware realize that MS wants to make money off of used games, they will be the ones adding fees for their "exclusives", EA has already revoked any & all online passes so you can play your sports game for free on their servers if you buy used. I will find this out soon enough, the owners of my LCBS where I buy my used games will keep me informed on anything detailing the resale aspect, and fees to the retailer.

I also see that potential use of the blame game as a way to minimize or attempt to diffuse the potential criticism from gamers further down the track. They're not stupid. Microsoft and companies like EA know us gamers aren't supportive of these policies, but they're out for biggest profit they can make and they're not above making unpopular decisions or rubbing us the wrong way if they know they can get away with it. A lot of people give these companies the benefit of the doubt (especially the dedicated Xbox fans), but at the end of the day Microsoft have shown time and time again they're a business first and foremost and they'll only relent when they have to and/or it's in their best interests (in EA's case they only revoked the online passes for older games IIRC and at a time when the next gen is more or less here and with these no policies in place - no skin off their nose).

I'm guessing they'll hide behind these obscure or messy policies long enough to wait for people to simply cave in and simply accept it (happens a lot in the gaming industry). Quite a gamble particularly on a console that's still months from release but then perhaps they're hoping that the line up of games (particularly based on the supposed E3 leak) will also make the difference or soften the blow. If that supposed list is true then I could totally see people changing their tune or at least reluctantly go along with this crap.