Xbox One

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If that E3 list is supposed to make people change their tune, then the only change they are getting out of me is that instead of constant criticism, I can laugh now too. League of Legends they will probably charge for, its a free game on PC. Banjo hasn't sold since it was on N64(Microsoft even had to bundle the last one with Viva Piñata and a controller for $60) , Killer Instinct is way too late to the party when Capcom(who own SNK for those keeping score) & Netherealm have taken control of the 2D fighter market, and Namco is the only name in 3D fighters that matters. Halo, Forza, Fable were all expected to be announced, FPS games should never be a shocker, and did anyone even care about the first Mirror's Edge?

Only game on the list I even care about is The Witcher 3, and I can honestly say, it is not going to make me want a XBOne.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Let's Clear Up The Issues: Used Games, Kinect Privacy, and Other (What Most People Seem to Have Missed, An Explanation) : xboxone

some key things in that Post

"Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games."

What can we take away from this? Easy. If you bought a disc based game, you can sell and trade it to any participating retailer. It means that game publishers will work out deals with retailers in order for the developers and publishers to take a cut of used games sales. Microsoft will not receive any money from these transactions.

DRM--WHY?

As we saw above, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray.

This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would be absolutely crumble game sales.

The drawback to this is not being able to game offline. Microsoft has said that the final decisions to this issue have not been final. I believe if they allow you to play offline with the disc in the disc tray, this would become a non-issue.

If This^ is announced everyone without internet can stfu

AFTER-THOUGHT: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The big change in the Xbox Live system is the feature to allow all users on one console to have gold by just one user having it. For example, if I have Xbox Live Gold and my brothers also use the same console, they will also be able to use all the perks of a Gold account. They will have access to all the games on the console even if it was installed through my account.

In short, one Gold account subscription per Xbox.

Just think of everything that can be developed for the Kinect. For example, Dead Rising 3 will have a feature where it will listen outside of the game through the Kinect. If you make a loud sound while playing, the zombies will hear you and they will come after you. This is the kind of thing Microsoft is looking for with the Kinect, innovation.

thats just plain fucking cool

Post was tweeted by Xbox Emp Raymond Glomgold; not all official information but promising future for Xbox One.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Well shit, my Xbox Live account, which I've been using for five or six years and have over 85,000 gamerscore and over 100 games attached to, was blocked yesterday because Microsoft can't verify my two hotmail accounts it's linked to. They're old, I used 'em in high school when I first got my 360 and only made a new email account two years ago. I just remember the address and passwords for them, but MS can't help me because I actually couldn't tell them the names of my last email recipients and email topics I sent from accounts I haven't used for years and can't get into, despite handing over EVERY other bit of information I can provide.

Microsoft's solution? Fill out the forms again and try harder this time, or create a new account.

Thankfully I can still play games on my Live account offline with the ethernet cable detached so I have basic functionality, but this whole sudden, unpleasant experience has reaffirmed why I won't be getting an Xbox One. I can't imagine how furious I would be if this happened on a system that demanded online check-ins, because Microsoft don't trust me enough. I fail to see exactly what I get back from this, either.

At this rate the only way I'll be convinced about the Xbox One is after it's been out for a while and users themselves can confirm that the console is actually convenient and friendly. Until then, I can't wait to be rid of this bullshit when the PS4 arrives.

... All I wanted was to download a Backlash arena for WWE 13.

Last edited:

Kassidy

Reaction score
never heard of that happening ever. My sister actually used someone Else's email address and was able to talk to them and get it switched to her new email. Also I have hotmail, and they have never asked for those two things to verify me; Birth date, security questions, other email, code set to my phone.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One :

Don Mattrick, President of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, has made a blog post with an update on Xbox One.

Here is an excerpt from his post:

…today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

· An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

· Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

I encourage you to read the entire post for additional details and how Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.

Thank you for your continued support of Xbox.

Xbox One By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

permalink: Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One :

tumblr_mnbc78ollK1s113xlo5_500.gif

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Now I think Xbox may edge ahead. Hopefully the stupidity of what they did doesn't still have a backlash. As they could theoretically turn that shit on whenever they felt like.

Weez

Reaction score
Honestly, to change this like it is, is a BIG infrastructural change. I'm calling BS on the entire thing. It was a ruse. Microsoft legit teased a heel turn then won over babyface support by "caring about what the fans have to say."

Checkmate, Sony. Thanks for playing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly, to change this like it is, is a BIG infrastructural change. I'm calling BS on the entire thing. It was a ruse. Microsoft legit teased a heel turn then won over babyface support by "caring about what the fans have to say."

Checkmate, Sony. Thanks for playing.

Think so? Seems like it could be done with a minor software tweak.

Weez

Reaction score
Think so? Seems like it could be done with a minor software tweak.

Yeah, possibly. It's not like they don't have the coding available to continue doing it the way they've already done it. But to change company wide these policies, like the "retail partners" reselling, the "always on" and "streaming updates" that were to be going on, cloud saving, cloud streaming. To add in the online check, go with a a bulk patch for these games they can't stream updates to, create a physical network of computres to handle these bulk updates or rework the streaming ones they have. It's not a small process.

If going with the used game policies and always online check streaming cloud based shit they said was legit and this is a real change, it's not exactly a LITTLE bit of work. It's a HUGE undertaking, and not just on the coding side.

Poor Legal :( lol

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
True and it seems like agreements would have been in place. It didn't matter much to me. I still wonder how the whole thing will effect them a lot of people got up in arms about it. Some people are still bitching about the Kinect "spying". Like thats an issue after the NSA FBI scandal 8D

Weez

Reaction score
True and it seems like agreements would have been in place. It didn't matter much to me. I still wonder how the whole thing will effect them a lot of people got up in arms about it. Some people are still bitching about the Kinect "spying". Like thats an issue after the NSA FBI scandal 8D

Also INB4 "OMG I HAVE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ONCE TO SETUP MY XBOX ONE????? FUCK THAT SYSTEM, GIVE MEH A PEE-ESS-FOR!"

THE PS4 has a camera. Anything connected to the internet could conceivably transmit data. All these cellphones we have with speakerphones could easily be picking up our conversations and transmitting them. I'm not a criminal fuckhead, I couldn't care less lol.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Honestly disappointed by the change, we lose some features this way, Features I wanted.

Weez

Reaction score
Honestly disappointed by the change, we lose some features this way, Features I wanted.

Family sharing is all I've seen lost thus far. Was that it or what feature is gone?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Also INB4 "OMG I HAVE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ONCE TO SETUP MY XBOX ONE????? FUCK THAT SYSTEM, GIVE MEH A PEE-ESS-FOR!"

THE PS4 has a camera. Anything connected to the internet could conceivably transmit data. All these cellphones we have with speakerphones could easily be picking up our conversations and transmitting them. I'm not a criminal fuckhead, I couldn't care less lol.

[video=youtube;0zX1aUtuCXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zX1aUtuCXQ[/video]

AF.

Reaction score
I seen this coming and I'm glad they did it. It helps even out the console war (slightly, although PS4 will still smash them) and makes those that were Microsoft fans in the past restore a little faith in the company.

Good news. Makes my decision a little tougher now, whereas before I was adamant in getting a PS4.