Xbox discs not playing :(

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

This is essentially what i did. You'll want to get to the magnet inside of the top part of the dvd cover. You can do it however you want, but it will only be a temp fix. Time to start downloading games, buddy.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
So am i getting that sweet blue color, or what?

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
Basically a lot of my discs are not playing/taking ages to work on my Xbox. I can't get on to GTA at all, which has kinda pushed me over the line.

I've tried pretty much everything they tell you to, unplug the back, blow in places that need to blown, clean the disc etc and it hasn't worked. So I typed the error code into google (06-2e-00) and one thing led to another until I get to this website: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

So I follow all that shit until the end, and all of a sudden after I click on hard drive I don't get these options:

6d90554363b29330651123671966c966.jpg

I get this shit instead:

4cc3468b866fce463f5458639a6befa5.jpg

Help please :sad:

I'd say junk it for an 3-DO system.....or wait till WWE and NFL come out in PC format for Windows 7.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/show...-problems-How-to-POT-Tweak-Xbox-360-DVD-Laser

What's up buddy. If your box isnt broken yet, get your dad to get out his tools and give this business a shot. It worked for my rough xbox (that already has the dvd case off it)

Cheers man, but it's a lost cause now, I fucked it up trying to turn one of the screws that changed the laser that scans the disk. I've bought myself a new one, would rather have not had to spend £50 but once I'd done that there was no going back really.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Give me an update when you get time, fuckface. I have 4 RROD 360s, and i just bought a big fix kit on a deal that can fix 12.

im sure a few will require this, so ill try to remember to make youtube videos with me talking shit about your horrible accent and how much more i like you as a normal user again. If you have any issues or any other links post here or PM me. Posting here looks pointless on paper, but the odds of a random google search linking here that can help us is decent at the very least.

If you go to fix your drive and get rrod, i can help. If you arent sure what works best for thermal paste/new screws for your hd/a flash kit for your disc drive (yes, you might end up with a badass 360 you cant play online but can download games to try for) i will be able to help.

The first thing you need to do now is good how to tell what kind of Xbox dvd drive you have. Hitachi, Benq, lite-on, etc.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Cheers man, but it's a lost cause now, I fucked it up trying to turn one of the screws that changed the laser that scans the disk. I've bought myself a new one, would rather have not had to spend £50 but once I'd done that there was no going back really.

.....so you should do exactly what i labeled as worst case scenario, jack.

take 2-3 days and drop 30$ and you have an xbox to play emulators, use as a shit pc, and try out games you arent sure of. At the very worst, fix it and sell it for 10x what you would get otherwise, unless you parted it out.

There is a ton to gain from having your dvd tray softmodded/flashed. You can play USB files, and a lot of them will still work on certain non-xbox servers. PM me for those, im not posting links to that frowned upon stuff here. Fix your xbox before i give you links.

Reactions: Rysenberg