Wyatt vs Bálor is STILL going! GAH!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Balor's Gimmick I can agree with. And It suits him. But with Bray... Well, He's just plain creepy in his own way. Never cared much for him. And now this really creepy gimmick of his is worse. Was totally hopeing it would be someone else besides Wyatt himself....
The thing is though that Bray isn't creepy at all, he's cringey as fuck. Like to the point in which, if I was watching the show on the USA network, I'd honestly change the damned channel because I find it so bad. The only reason I don't is because I'm looking to make content off of all WWE stuff, even the really bad stuff like this.

And it's good to remember the bad, because when there's good stuff to see, you remember that you could be watching stuff that bad again.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'll say what I say in most Bray threads, can't wait for him to be Gift of the Gods Champion.

I bet Hulu Raw is FIRE right now. Keep the Shield stuff, Strowman squashes, Miz promos, battles for Asuka, and the Cruiserweights and cut out the meaningless midcard crap and Wyatt, this'll be the best Raw has been in forever

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'll say what I say in most Bray threads, can't wait for him to be Gift of the Gods Champion.

I bet Hulu Raw is FIRE right now. Keep the Shield stuff, Strowman squashes, Miz promos, battles for Asuka, and the Cruiserweights and cut out the meaningless midcard crap and Wyatt, this'll be the best Raw has been in forever
I sure hope ur right about that, Snow!

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
NO ONE IN INDIA CAN AFFORD THE WWE NETWORK...
HENCE WHY THE SOCIAL MEDIA NUMBERS ARE SO
FUCKING HIGH IN THAT COUNTRY!!!)

That's quite an assumption. I don't think it's anything to do with 'affordability'. Trust me, people have cash (not the majority, but neither is that the case in ANY country). The India you see on media is quite different to the one in reality.

The thing is, we get Live Smackdown and Raw + PPVs(delayed by like 12 hours which works for the timezone too) the network offers, via a cable channel that WWE has a deal with. So unless you're a super hardcore fan, no you're not getting the network. Because you just simply don't need to.

Social Media numbers are high because outside of China, India has the biggest population and since China has an iron curtain up as far as social media is concerned India's presence is much bigger.

That said, I do agree with your original point that it's a failed experiment, and the reason is simple. Wrestling fans in India (are generally) marks for the top guy. So have John Cena win the title off of Jinder, they'll love it. They're happy there's an Indian champion but at the same time, it's not a 'top' guy or a face. They take that shit seriously.

Like you wouldn't believe.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Outside of pure nationalism though I don't see why an Indian would cheer for Jinder.
For one that's like my American self just rooting for Cody over Okada because murrica. Nah
Second, Jinder's a heel lol. This isn't some roman reigns grey area nonsense everything he does is intended to get heat. The match finishes, the racial promos, everything. (To Techy's point why wouldn't he just be a babyface? It's an untapped market maybe but if you're going for that they won't be as "smart" as the hardcores they're left with in the states, right?)
Third I still think this title reign is supposed to be a joke and I wish the commentators and WWE would stop telling me it's not - it would work so much better anyway
Fourth there's the rest of the show which mostly had a second racial heel (Face of America Kevin Owens) and a show that doesn't cater much for Indians outside of the (canadian) world champ
Fifth he and this title reign both suck so lol @ drawing viewers
Sixth I was listening to Meltzer's podcasts when this started and he sounded really speculative on the thing, largely since it's such an anomaly with WWE's booking
Seventh PUSH RUSEV

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I hope Balor kicks Wyatt's Butt so bad that Abigal will be afraid of The Demon king and then hopefully this "Feud" would be over with.
IN MY OPINION!
-
*One can only hope so, Right?(

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
That's quite an assumption. I don't think it's anything to do with 'affordability'. Trust me, people have cash (not the majority, but neither is that the case in ANY country). The India you see on media is quite different to the one in reality.

The thing is, we get Live Smackdown and Raw + PPVs(delayed by like 12 hours which works for the timezone too) the network offers, via a cable channel that WWE has a deal with. So unless you're a super hardcore fan, no you're not getting the network. Because you just simply don't need to.

Social Media numbers are high because outside of China, India has the biggest population and since China has an iron curtain up as far as social media is concerned India's presence is much bigger.

That said, I do agree with your original point that it's a failed experiment, and the reason is simple. Wrestling fans in India (are generally) marks for the top guy. So have John Cena win the title off of Jinder, they'll love it. They're happy there's an Indian champion but at the same time, it's not a 'top' guy or a face. They take that shit seriously.

Like you wouldn't believe.
I don't mean to sound "racist" with my assumption...
and I don't know anything about India as a country
I'm just stating that a large portion of the population
of India can't afford the network even if they wanted it.

I find it funny that in some countries being the "hometown
hero" means nothing...yet in Australia the crowds show
nothing but love for Emma, Peyton Royce & Billie Kay...
heels or not.

Of course it probably helps that they are all smoking hot.

I wish the WWE would push the Network in Australia...
then Emma might finally get some solid booking and a
title reign.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound "racist" with my assumption...
and I don't know anything about India as a country
I'm just stating that a large portion of the population
of India can't afford the network even if they wanted it.

Proportionally a large portion of the population won't no. But, this is the thing, in one of the most populated country in the world, the 'small portion' of population will still be more in numbers than say 90% of the population in a smaller country.

That said, the network just doesn't offer anything special here. PPVs are free on TV if you have the same channel that airs Raw and SmackDown. So if they wanted Network to be important here, they would do something a bit more regional like they're trying with the UK base. So even if people can afford the network, which is a lot of people when you look at the numbers, why would you? Especially when you can get Netflix/Amazon Prime for just a little less. And catch all the PPV and shows (including NXT) on TV that you already pay for.

upload_2017-10-13_18-45-43.png

Pic from Netflix has a big battle ahead to win subscribers in India

And while India is patriotic about stars and stuff like that, the fan base here just isn't smarky enough to cheer a heel. I swear to god Roman would get more cheers than KO here. Can you imagine that? Heels would never be considered Hometown Heroes here, he'll get the local boy pop but the same fans will chant 'Let's go Cena' as Cena buries him 10 ft under.

To make it short, WWE's so called 'India push' was planned by someone who thought they knew India, but not someone who's ever understood how the people here work when it comes to WWE.

Oh and I never thought or implied you were racist btw. Emma fans can't be! ;)