WWF Raw, PPV's 1997 Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Champion: The Undertaker
WWF Intercontinental Champion: Owen Hart
WWF Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold Steve Austin & Mystery Partner
WWF European Champion: The British Bulldog

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 215
June 23rd, 1997
Detroit, Michigan

The NEW Nation come out, Ahmed has this amazing expert level fanny pack on with this XXS vest along with I LEGIT think it’s female tights or yoga pants. Vince McMahon joins them in the ring, he asks Ahmed WHY? Ahmed tells the fans to shut up or he’ll come out and kick all the fans asses. He says to Vince ask yourself why WHITE MAN. I did what I had to do, I came out and busted my ass to get to the belt for the people but they didn’t back me up. He says Vince nor the people didn’t back him up, it was his crew. When I came back from my injury I was supposed to get a shot at the belt, he then talks about a preach, a king and some other stuff that makes no sense. He tells Vince, he lost all respect for Taker because any man that listens to another man is a low down dirty slave dog. D-Lo says Ahmed is with the Nation because everyone turned their backs on him, Faarooq says the truth kills everyone and the reason he fired those punks because they couldn’t get the job done. He says seeing himself and Ahmed stand together is like seeing Martin Luther King and Malcolm X stand together. D-Lo says they are the 4 most dominate men in the WWF and theirs nothing anyone can do about it. Ahmed then threatens Vince saying if he ever crosses his eyes to anyone in the Nation again he’s gonna wish to GOD he was never born. Kama says he’s damn proud of himself for single-handedly beating Taker last week, he says he’s proud of all his brothers and he’s looking forward to seeing Ahmed take down the Undertaker. They're going to get the job done BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! Crush then comes out with Brian Lee and two bald useless cunts on motorbikes, they enter the ring and Crush says he was never fired because he quit. He then introduces DOA, The Disciples of Apocalypse. He calls them a real brotherhood………..And a huge brawl breaks out, I HATE THIS already! Cops, Officials, and refs break this up and the motorbike fags rev engines and drive away.

Tonight: Nation vs. Taker and Vader, LOD vs. Godwinns & Hunter/Goldust/Owen for the IC title.

Backstage: LOD cut a promo saying all hell will break lose and that’s just the way they like it.

Former UFC champion and current NWA champion Dan Severn joins commentary.

Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man) vs. Ken Shamrock
Solid Ken showcase, Ken applies the ankle lock for the win. Vince puts over UFC huge saying no one has died in the ring from it, unlike Boxing and Wrestling. After the match, Ken and Dan shake hands after a long “Intense” staredown.

Backstage: Henry Godwinn says they said it was an accident, but it didn’t feel like it. He says what they do to LOD won’t be no accident. The Godwinns will do things their way from now on.

Sable video package, as JR questions if Mero is jealous of Sable popularity. He then name drops Vince Russo and says he did a piece on it in the new WWF RAW magazine.

Tag Team Titles Tournament: The Godwinns vs. The Legion of Doom
So Henry is back in the ring, 2 months after having his NECK BROKEN :hm: The Godwinns throw the slop on LOD during their entrance with leads to a pretty sweet 20-second brawl. JR says Shamrock was attacked backstage by the Hart Foundation. Decent match, the usual LOD run through everyone and no-sell everything offense. Godwinns are still trash. Henry knocks Animal down when they try the Doomsday Device on Phineas, but Hawk hits a Flying Clothesline off the top for the win. After the match; Henry hits Hawk in the head with the slop bucket until it breaks, Animal then makes the save with a steel chair. But the Hart Foundation run down and beatdown LOD whilst Bret looks on from the top of the ramp.

Backstage: Undertaker and Paul Bearer are standing by, Paul Bearer again cuts off Taker and says it’s all about him. Taker grabs him by the throat, and Vader comes charging in but Taker grabs him too. Paul then yells “Remember the fire” so Taker lets go and storms off.

Backstage: Owen Hart says he’s disgusted, it’s a conspiracy and it’s a bunch of bull crap that he has to defend his IC title in a triple threat. He says it’s not fair that he doesn’t have to get pinned to lose his title, plus it’s one Canadian facing two Americans in the USA. He says he has a big surprise.

Paul Heyman joins commentary wearing this fuckin’ amazing Addidas/ECW jacket, that I’m 100% believe is fake.

Flash Funk vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
Really fun, 4-5 minute match. Showing that you don’t need 15/20 minutes to have a good match. Lots of great high flying and high-risk moves. At one point, Sabu brings out a table with gives Heyman the opportunity to shit on Eric “Bitchoff”, ECW and Public Enemy. The spots get crazier and they try to outdo one another. They fight to a double countout when Sabu puts Scorpio on a table. Sabu hits an Asai Moonsault onto the table, but it won't break. He climbs back up top and hits a Flying Legdrop, and the table just collapses. **1/2 - **3/4

Mankind comes out wearing an Austin 3:16 shirt and a “Pick me Steve” sign around his neck :mark:He grabs a mic and says he’s going to dedicate this match to a man he’s proud to call his friend. Stone Cold Steve Austin. PICK ME STEVE!

The British Bulldog vs. Mankind
Austin is on the phone and says he will be back from is small injury this weekend. He then says Mankind is showing tribute to the greatest wrestler in the world today, which is him. He still looks at Shawn as his partner but he is willing to defend the title by himself. He calls Mankind a kind man, but also a freak. Solid match, both guys do stuff but it was mostly here just for Austin to get some audio time. Mankind does takes some sweet bumps and Bulldog looks in the process. Mankind applies the mandible claw but Bulldog low blows to break free then nails him with a steel chair for the DQ. After the match; Bulldog hits him 3 times in the head with the steel chair, with the next shot being more vicious. BUT MANKIND IS STILL MOVING! Bulldog poses so Mankind again locks in the claw. **1/2 - **3/4

iaDugNg.gif
i7zi37j.gif

Backstage: Gorilla Monsoon is will all three men in the IC title match, Owen demands that Brian Pillman be allowed at ringside to even the odds. Monsoon allows it.

Video Package on some of the past Intercontinental Champions

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Goldust (w/Marlena) vs. Owen Hart (w/Brian Pillman) [Guest Referee: Pat Patterson]
I think this is the first triple threat match in WWF history, televised. It’s fun, lots of constant action. No one really knows what to do so we get some 3 man stuff before doing two in the ring, and one on the floor stuff. Owen and Hunter form an alliance for all but 20 seconds before Owen hits him with a spine kick taking him out, Goldust then hits Owen with the certain call and pins him but Owens' foot was on the rope. Pillman, Owen, and Hunter all argue the calls. Monsoon comes out as we go to a commercial. During the break, they show the replay and Monsoon restart’s the match. Damn WWF sure love that fuckery finish commercial break stuff :lmao More good stuff with all 3 men being in, striking one another and stopping the other in pin attempts. Owen hits a double dropkick off the top and hits Goldust with a spin kick but Hunter breaks it up, Pillman tries to get involved in an Owen Hunter brawl on the floor. So Pat stops him, that allows Chyna to hit a ‘rana on Goldust in the ring. Back in Owen hits Hunter with an enziguri, Goldust tries to break up the cover with an elbow drop but Owen avoids and Goldust hits Hunter. Owen then shoves Goldust away and covers for the win. **1/2

Vince McMahon is in the ring and brings out Bret Hart, who has Jim with him. Vince asks him about the 10 man match, Bret says LOD like to think they are the greatest tag team in WWF history, NOT! Right here is the greatest tag team in WWF history. Ken Shamrock, wants to step in and make a name for himself that fine by me. As far as Goldust and Marlena, I’ve got 4 sisters at home that would knock your socks off if you lay your hands on Bulldog. And as far as the captain. Stone Cold Steve Austin, this guy is nothing but the scum of the earth. He says justice is coming and the Hart Foundation are gonna pound him into the dust, he says they will not steal a victory and speaking of thieves he hears a guy out here that calls himself “THE HITMAN” Hitman Hearns, Vince points him out and Bret says there's only room for one hitman in Detriot and that him. So if he wants to prove himself he challenges him to get his ass in here. He calls him the “CHICKEN MAN” so Hearns jumps the rail and gets in Bret’s face. Jim then gets in hs face and Hearns drops him with a combo and gets in Bret’s face but Hearns people along with Pat and Briscoe get in between the two. So this was Austin/Tyson, before Austin/Tyson. Damn, I forgot about this.

Backstage: The Nation cut a promo but Savio busts in talking reckless so Kama and D-Lo jump him and Faarooq begins whipping him like he is his dad:lmao

Scott Taylor vs. Brian Christopher (w/Jerry “The King” Lawler)
TRASH! Lawler joins commentary and shits on ECW.

Tag Team Titles Tournament: The Nation of Domination (Faarooq & D-Lo Brown) vs. Vader & The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)
Vince reports Ahmed was injured in the brawl to start the show, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! JR says Ahmed is scheduled to face Taker at the Canadian Stampede PPV :lmaolmao:lmao Ahmed watches on from the back loooooooooooooooooooooool The DOA comes out to brawl at one point and Taker attacks everyone. They break it up and the match is restarted. Vader beats the shit out of D-Lo and it ruled, VADER’S AMAZING PUNCHES ARE BACK! Vader/D-Lo and Vader/Faarooq is all fun for a few minutes, Taker is disinterested and punches Vader which allows Faarooq to shouldertackle him and cover for the win. After the match; Taker and Vader get into it with Taker hitting him with the Tombstone. He goes after Bearer but Paul bails so Taker leaves, Bearer then grabs the mic and says “YOU HAVE MADE YOU CASKET, DEAD MAN. AND NEXT WEEK. YOU’RE GONNA LIE IN IT. BECAUSE I’M GONNA TELL THE WHOLE WORLD YOUR SECRET”

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't remember the Tommy Hearns stuff at all.

Also DOA 8D

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 216
June 30th, 1997
Des Moines, Iowa

Video recap of the history between The Undertaker and Paul Bearer, with JR doing the voice over.

Ken Shamrock vs. King Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
This is fine, Hunter is still making the transition to more aggressive heel and Ken is still green but he’s getting better. Ken wins the early exchange of holds so Hunter pokes him in the eyes. Hunter keeps stomping on him in the corner so Earl Heber grabs him by the hair, Hunter/Hebner feud :mark: Chyna gets involved throwing Ken into the steps, which leads to Mankind coming down the ramp. Hunter gets distracted which allows Ken to hit the belly-to-belly for the win. **1/4

So it’s announced that Ahmed tore his right knee in the brawl last week, we then get pre-tape comments from Ahmed right after the surgery. He says, Undertaker, thinks he really did something. He says you want to call them bikers, you think because I tore my knee that’s gonna stop me. He says he gonna take Taker and DOA out.

Backstage: LOD is with NEW Broadcast journalist Michael Cole. Animal yells no team has ever beaten LOD legally and we will go through the Nation, Hawk says when he gets down with the nation they’re gonna look like SHIT!

Semi-Finals of the Tag Team Titles Tournament: The Nation of Domination (Faarooq/D-Lo Brown) vs. The Legion of Doom
The usual LOD match, the Godwinns watch on from the stage. LOD hit the Doomsday device but the ref is distracted with Animal and Kama on the floor and doesn’t see Henry Godwinn hit Hawk in the back of the head with the slop bucket Faarooq covers for the win.

Faarooq calls Vince into the ring, Faarooq says if Ahmed is hurt and he’s a part of the NATION, then who should it be? It should be me. He asks why Vader was chosen, he says it’s because Vader is white. D-Lo says the on;y reason we didn’t get the shot is because we’re black. Vince asks them about Crush, Faarooq says as far as DOA they should be called Disciples of the Undertaker, because he knew Ahmed was gonna kick his butt so he sent him after Ahmed. Savio comes out looking like a bootleg Pablo in this all white wifebeater and White jeans. He says he wants revenge, Faarooq challenges his Jalapeno picking ass to come down to the ring and fight :lmao Savio then calls to the back and some gang comes down for another BRAWL! Refs and Officials break it up, but DOA come down and another huge fight breaks out.

Backstage: Michael Cole says he wanted to interview LOD but they left the building, so Savio and his Pablo’s come in. Savio says he brings his blood and they call each other Los Boricuas. You wanna mess with gangs, we are here to kick some ASS.

Backstage: The Undertaker is sitting in a dark room.

Scott Putski vs. Brian Christopher
This is pretty shit, but it’s Brian’s best showing to date he’s vicious on his head and neck work when he’s not doing Blue facial expressions and shitty taunts. Lawler who has been on commentary all night shits on Putski before leaving to help Brian win. After the match; Brian and Lawler beat down Putski, they hit a spike piledriver before being forced to leave.

Backstage: The Undertaker says all fans of the WWF you’re gonna hear a slanted version of the worst night of my life. The night which has changed me forever. Paul Bearer is gonna try and poison your mind, the results that I have had to carry for 20 years. All I ask for you is when he tries to poison your mind and heart, allow me the opportunity to tell my side, the truth.

Great Sasuke HYPE! And he’s facing TAKA on Sunday :mark:

On Shotgun Saturday Night, Pillman beat up a fan and has been fired from Saturday night. We then get a pre-tape of Pillman apologizing for his actions before says………HE APOLOGIZES FOR BEING THE ONLY WWF ATHLETE WITH ANY GUTS! He also says sorry for being the only guy to tell it like it is. He then says he’s gonna bite Mankind’s other ear off.

Brian Pillman vs. Mankind
Mankind comes out and hands JR and gift. IT’S A MANKIND HAND IN THE MANDIBLE CLAW pose :lmao Pillman jumps Mankind to start the match on the floor, he grabs the hand and tries stuffing it down Mankind's throat before going after JR too. Austin cuts a split screen promo basically saying the same thing from last week, as for the match it’s a little slow, in the beginning, as Hunter and Chyna watch on from the stage, Pillman nails Mankind with the ring bell before banging the earless side of Mankind into the ring post. HOLY SHIT! Pillman tries to stab Mankind in the ear with a pencil but Heber stops it. The match picks up tremendously as a pretty wild brawl, good bumping from Mankind and Pillman being sadistic. Mankind goes to work on Pillman’s bad ankle in return was great. Pillman sells it too, Hunter runs down but gets knocked down. He applies the Claw but Pillman takes his boot on and whacks Mankind in the head with it. Hunter accidently hits Pillman in the head with one of the worse looking chair shots ever. Mankind then grabs the chair and runs Hunter off, Pillman rolls into the ring and gets the countout win. **1/2 **3/4

Backstage: Paul Bearer says the moment has arrived and this is the beginning of the end for The Undertaker

Vince McMahon is in the ring as Paul Bearer makes his way down to the ring, SOME THOT JUMPS THE RAIL TRYING TO STOP IT BUT SECURITY STOPS HER FROM TOUCHING PAUL, that’s dedication right there. Paul Bear hen gets into the ring and says, we’re gonna have to go back a few years. 20 years, we’re talking about a funeral home. He says that family had two little kids. A little red headed punk and a sweet little kid named Kane. He says he worked under that red headed punk's father, and that punk was The Undertaker. He says Taker's dad taught him everything, but there was a funny look in that red head's punk eyes. THE LOOK OF THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! HE WAS THE DEVIL'S SEED! What was sad was poor little KANE followed everything the Undertaker did, Taker was his hero and everything Undertaker did was fine. He saw them misbehaving behind the garage all the time, smoking cigarettes and playing with chemicals. But one particular afternoon he saw was that red head devil seed Undertaker with his little brother, something didn’t seem right. So when I came back from school at 10pm. WHAT DO I SEE! I SEE FIRE TRUCKS! AMBULANCES AND THE HOME IN ASHES! SOMEONE BURNED DOWN THE FUNERAL HOME! Inside the home was this loving family, he looked over in the bushes…………THE UNDERTAKER! YOU BURNT THE HOME DOWN! YOU KILLED YOUR PARENTS! YOU KILLED YOUR FAMILY! UNDERTAKER……………..YOUR ARE A MURDER! YOU ARE A GOD DAMN MURDERER!

Backstage: Paul Bearer is with Vader, we then cut to Sable getting air time with Mero looking salty. He then walks in front of her as she has no idea what he’s doing and continues to sell this “Million dollar” giveaway fuckery.

Semi-Finals of the Tag Team Titles Tournament: The Headbangers vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Owen and Bulldog do what the can, bumping super hard and trying to make the Headbangers tolerable and watchable. Bret Hart is on the phone in Calgary, Vince asks why he’s not here and Bret says the smart thing is to get ready for Sunday night, he sells the Sunday PPV. Owen gets a jackknife pin to win. After the match; all 4 continue to fight as Jim Cornette comes out he says he’s got a new tag team. TWO HUGE FAT BLACK MEN JOG DOWN AND ALL 6 BRAWL! Bulldog gives no fucks and bodyslams one of the fat fucks, befoe he and Owen just walk away. The headbangers beat up the fat fucks and basically kill the debut and the tag team before they even get started :lmao Cornette finally has to get involved to give his team the edge and they hit moonsaults off the top.

Backstage: The Undertaker says it’s true, his mother, father, and brother burnt to death. But he thinks it’s important to have all the facts straight. Kane and I were playing with matches, but we were punched for it. I should have known better. After my dad punished me and sent me on my way to do my daily chores and as I was leaving the funeral home I look back and I saw Kane with the chemicals. It never occurred to me what he was gonna do, I thought nothing of it. And I live with that fact every day of my life. Kane was my responsibility he was my little brother. As I returned, I could hear the sirens and see the smoke. Without seeing I saw what happen. When I got to the home it was in flames, I ran to the front door and that’s when they grabbed me. THEY WOULDN’T LET ME GO IN! And as I stood there, I watched my home as my mother, father and little Kane burn down to the ground. And yes Paul I wasn’t at the funeral, but you didn’t care to explain why. Two days before, during the middle of the night, you dragged me to the neighboring funeral home, so I could see my family. Till this very day the image of my mother laying on that table. He says Bearer showed him the bodies and it made him sick. He says he draws strength from the spirits of the dead, especially those of his mother, father, and little brother, and with those spirits, he will strike Paul Bearer down.

Rockabilly comes down for a match with Vader, Billy then hits Vader in the back with the guitar but Vader no sells it and beats the shit out of him.The Undertaker comes out and brawls with Vader. On the floor Bearer has a mic and yells “MURDERER” So Taker smacks him and yells, to tell the truth, or he will KILL HIM! Paul Bearer says IT’S THE TRUTH! KANE TOLD ME! KANE TOLD ME! HE’S ALIVE! KANE IS ALIVE!!!!! KANE’S ALIVE UNDERTAKER IT’S THE TRUTH! Vader punches Taker allowing he and Paul Bearer to run away.

Jim Neidhart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
This is acceptable I was hoping for more of a brawl, but this is pre-broken neck Austin so he wants to wrestle. Which is completely fine if this was Owen or Bulldog but with someone like Jim I would want more wild brawling. What’s pretty funny, if I do ever review 1998 I’m pretty sure I’m gonna say I would like more technical stuff from Austin. Austin scoop slams Jim onto the steel ramp, we then cut to backstage…….BRET HART IS HERE TONIGHT! He beats up Ken Shamrock, as Vince says Ken is the only on from Austin’s team here tonight. LOD left after their match and Goldust isn’t here at all tonight. This goes a couple of minutes before Bret runs down and attacks Austin for the DQ.After the match; Bret applies the figure-four around the ringpost but Mankind comes down for the save. He applies the mandible claw to Bret but Pillman and the rest of the Harts run down and attack Mankind with chairs as RAW goes off the air. **

YAY! 6 months done. Mid-Year awards coming later tonight.

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Mid-Year AWARDS

Top 10 Matches Of The Year

10. Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley - WWF King Of The Ring ***
9. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels - WWF King Of The Ring ***
8. Mankind vs Sycho Sid - RAW March 3rd, 1997 ***
7. Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog - RAW May 26th, 1997 *** - ***1/4
6. Mankind vs. The Undertaker - WWF In Your House: Revenge Of The Taker ***1/2
5. Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - WWF In Your House: Revenge Of The Taker ***1/2 - ***3/4
4. Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog - RAW March 31st, 1997 ****
3. Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog - RAW March 3rd, 1997 **** - ****1/4
2. Vader vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker vs. Bret Hart - WWF In Your House: Final Four ****1/2
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WWF WrestleMania 13 *****

Mid-Year: Wrestler Of The Year: Owen Hart & British Bulldog
This one is tough because it looked like it was gonna be Bret but he got injured and was out 2 months. Shawn has been out 4 months and barely wrestled when healthy, Austin been in and out. Taker is special occasions. But Bulldog and Owen are the most consistent, you could argue Mankind though.

Tag Team Of The Year: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Once again, most consistent no other Tag team has stepped up or gotten the regular TV time or even had a good match outside Phillip and Doug.

PPV Of The Year: Hasn't happened yet. Next post tho

I'm going to take a few days off, see you Monday.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hating on the Headbangers brah

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Austin/Bret was hands down match of the year; glad you didn't have anything else at 1

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

JrPLDCb.gif

WWF In Your House: Canadian Stampede
July 6th, 1997
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Commentary: Jim Ross, Vince McMahon and Jerry “The King” Lawler

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Mankind
So this is really good, Mankind comes out the gate really strong. He hits the double arm DDT about 20 seconds in but instead of going for the pin, he does the Hunter curtsey pose. Mankind controls for several more minutes with Hunter taking some great bumps, in and out of the ring. Mankind blocks a sunset flip into the mandible claw but as the ref is checking on Hunter that allows Chyna to hit him in the head. They continue to brawl until Hunter whips Mankind into Chyna direction and she hip tosses him into the steel steps, his legs takes a nasty bump off the steps. That allows Hunter behind the refs back to nail the leg with a steel chair, before working on it in the ring. The knee work is very methodical and Mankind did a terrific job selling, Mankind hits a desperation piledriver for two, lol Piledrivers are so meaningless in 1997 and loooool kicking out of a piledriver in the opening match. Both men brawl onto the floor as both Chyna and Hunter take turns cheap shotting Mankind behind the refs back. They continue to brawl onto the floor and into the crowd for a double count out. After the match; they brawl to a penalty box and some more through the crowd until security, officials, and refs break it up. *** - ***1/4

rHFhChZ.gif

Clips of Bret at some fan fair along with other WWE wrestlers.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews the Hart Foundation but Austin who is being restrained by Patterson and Brisco tries to barge in on them. Bret says they don’t want 5-1 they want 5-5.

So after both Taka and Sasuke make their entrances we cut to Mankind and Hunter back into the crowd brawling, Hunter is cut open and both men are just teeing off on one another it’s pretty great. They eventually brawl to the back and the bell rings.

TAKA Michinoku vs. The Great Sasuke
This is AWESOME! We get some decent mat wrestling to start before it turns into a phenomenal striking and spot-fest. Sasuke absolutely murders TAKA with nasty kicks, one right to his face. TAKA catches one of the kicks and dragons whips him to the floor before hitting this amazing running jumping no hands springboard plancha to the floor. Sasuke then comes back with a sweet dive of his own. Both men begin trading moves and counters with high impact counters. Sasuke hits the Thunder Fire Powerbomb and a Tiger Suplex to win. Great showcase match for both. ***1/4

5ov9CWO.gif
wrxbcgE.gif

Hunter and Mankind are now brawling in the parking lot.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Vader and Paul Bearer, he says he doesn’t know how Taker can look into the mirror every day because he’s a murderer. He says Vader is gonna RIP him like he did at the Rumbler.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Vader (w/Paul Bearer) vs. The Undertaker
AWESOME! Brawl to start, Taker comes out hot with GOAT punches and shit, he does his usual Taker offense E.G. Old School and snake eyes. Vader tries to slow down the pace but Taker isn’t having any of it. Hilariously on the floor Bearer taunts Taker and keeps yelling “get up, murderer” He then hits him with his shoe and does this amazing cocky walk before yelling murderer :lmao This allows Vader to control the match, tons of strikes but he ever does the corner punch combo :( Real great moment with the fans getting hype that the camera’s start shaking and they helps Taker attempt to make a comeback. Vader low blows Taker to block the Chokeslam to which ref Tim White just allows it. Vader goes for the Vader bomb but Taker punches him right in the dick and hits the chokeslam off the middle rope for a very close 2 count. He hits another, and Vader again kicks out at two. Taker then hits the tombstone and covers for the win. A little long in the middle during Vader’s control but still overall really good. ***

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Team WWF, he questions if they can all get along and Goldust says he put this together. Shamrock says when he’s in his zone it’s time to get it on. LOD yell some shit about it being survival of the fittest. Austin just walks off.

Farmer’s Daughter sing the Canadian National anthem

The Hart family are shown at ringside.

Goldust, Ken Shamrock, The Legion of Doom & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Hart Foundation
Pillman comes out first and great a great pop, then Jim, Bulldog all get great reactions but it’s nothing like when Owen. But the reaction to Bret was fuckin’ beautiful just like the Taker come back the camera is shaking it looks like the building is involved in some sort of earthquake. Austin and Bret start and it’s the usual awesome hate filled brawl, but the crowd in this just make it so much better they cheer so hard whenever the Harts do anything that the camera shake most of the time but as soon as Team WWFUSA do anything the crowd just BOOOOOOOOOOO everything. No shitty crowd chants, no one trying to get themselves over it’s YAY! Cheers and Booooooo’s and the occasional “Austin Sucks” The first 10 minutes or so is a great feeling out process with tons of different matchups. The match breaks down and Austin nails Owen in the leg with a steel chair, he begins to banging it into the steel steps. Bruce Hart tries to get involved but Austin beats the shit out of him so Bret has to make the save. Owen is helped to the back and Austin is public enemy number one, even more, hated than before. Austin and rest of team WWF beat the shit out of Pillman but BRET GETS REVENGE AND TAKES OUT AUSTIN’S KNEE WITH A CHAIR TO THE KNEE AND HE APPLIES THE FIGURE-FOUR AROUND THE RINGPOST. Austin is hurt too and is helped out. Kinda weird that no one really gets isolated for a heat segment it’s just both teams trading guys in and out back and forth. I’m not complaining at all I wish we got more chaotic hate filled multi-man matches like this. Austin makes his way back down to rejoin the match. Owen would eventually come back too and stops Austin from applying the Sharpshooter to Bret. Austin and Owen brawl onto the floor before Austin TRIES TO GO AFTER STU :mark: Austin then beats the shit out of the whole family before Bret rolls Austin in and Owen school boys him for the win as everyone looks on. After the match; all 10 brawl, and some of the Hart men and I’m pretty sure a few fans try to get involved but Security, refs, and officials put a stop to that before things escalated. Team WWFUSA leave but as the Harts celebrate Austin runs down with a chair and attacks Jim but Austin gets swarmed it’s like 10 on 1 :lmao Security handcuff Austin and remove him from the ring AWESOME! Fuck that Bruce piece of shit for trying to stiff Austin while he was down. After Austin is taken away, the entire Hart family celebrate in the ring. Young Teddy Hart, young Nattie. Great feel good moment. It’s all downhill from here tho.

As for the match, it’s fuckin incredible it’s everything you want in a multi-man match or just a match in general. The crowd was insane. Tons of hate by everyone, psychology, revenge, callback spots. The one tiny thing that lets it down was the ending, I just think they ran out of time at the end because it happens just out of nowhere. Other than that. This is a classic, this PPV is top 10 all time for me. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 217
July 7th, 1997
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Vince McMahon is in the ring and introduces Bret Hart. Vince announces Bret will face The Undertaker at SummerSlam, August 3rd. But first, he congratulates Bret on the win last night. Bret thanks Canada for allowing them to still be their hero. He says a few weeks he was told “America, Love it. Or leave it” Bret says he’s been all over the world and he loves leaving America. He says no one is more proud to be a Canadian more than him, he says he’s not anti-American just pro-Canadian. He says American’s think they’re better than everyone but all you have to do is look at Donovan Bailey and see they’re not that great. He says Canada has health care and gun control, and not full or racism. He promises he will not let the Canadian fans down and will be the WWF champion for the 5th time. He then says if he doesn’t come back to Canada with the title and if he loses he will never wrestle on American soil ever again. He brings out Owen Hart and puts him over as the man who beat the great American scum last night and as the best technical wrestler in the WWF. Bret says he knows Owen is gonna destroy Austin at the SummerSlam, but he also brings out Bulldog, JR announces Bulldog/Shamrock for the European Title at SummerSlam. He says everything in WWF is American, but not tonight. He then demands the “Canadian Anthem” be played. While that is going on…………AUSTIN RUNS THROUGH THE CROWD AND NAILS THEM ALL IN THE BACK WITH A STEEL CHAIR! Austin quickly bails and laughs all the way up the ramp.

During the commercial, Bret says this is what he has to go through every night. He says he doesn’t mind that people over him or his family………….BUT, THEY WILL NOT WALK ALL OVER CANADA!

For FUCK sake, Brian Christopher joins commentary

Before the match, Sasuke cuts a promo in Japanese

TAKA Michinoku vs. The Great Sasuke
Lawler’s kid does a phenomenal job trying to ruin the match, his stupid laugh and his tough talk him laughing at King's jokes even when not jokes, all of it is just awful. Can we just get to 2000 already, wait I tried that. Nevermind. But once you get past that, this is a Fun, shorten version from last night. Sasuke hits this amazing somersault plancha 20 seconds in. Tons of cool dives and spots. Sasuke hits the Thunder firebomb for the win. **1/2 - **3/4

Fuckin’ DOA are revving engines like smurfs, oh god now we get a video packaging all the lame stable warfare shit. PLEASE END!

Savio Vega (w/Los Boricuas) vs. Crush (w/Disciples of Apocalypse)
This was a lot better than expected it was just a brawl all around, I liked that the other stables members tried to get involved. Ultimately it would turn into a huge brawl and the match would get thrown out.

Backstage: Paul Bearer says he will not apologize, he was not the one that did the killing. Taker should, he says KANE IS ALIVE! Yes he is, poor little Kane he’s so disfigured. He says the only hope Kane has is some day he will come face to face with his evil brother, pure hate is the strongest human emotion and that's what Kane feels for his brother. YOU'RE A MURDERER, UNDERTAKER! YOU’RE A MURDERER!

Tag Team Tournament Finals Match: The Nation of Domination (Faarooq & D-Lo Brown w/Kama) vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog (w/Jim Neidhart & Brian Pillman)
Kinda weird that have a heel vs. heel match, but seeing how they are two of the most over tag teams in the company I can kinda see why. Also, we are in Canada so that does make Owen and Bulldog the biggest babyfaces in the company. Backstage, Austin says he doesn’t give a damn who his partner is or who he faces next week for the titles. Vince asks about Mankind, Austin calls him a freak and he can get the job done but he doesn’t care. D-Lo/Owen interaction was great, I wish we got more. Faarooq and Bulldog have a real fun power back and forth segment. D-Lo/Bulldog was fun too, D-Lo’s just great man. The Nation iso Bulldog, it’s not the best but the crowd investment and pop every time they feel a potential Bulldog comeback is gonna happen is great. Owen has a brief great hot tag but Kama attacks him on the floor which leads to all hell breaking lose, everyone brawls but Owen rolls back in and wins by count out LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL After the match; Mankind comes out in an Austin 3:16 shirt and yells he will see them next week. **1/4

Backstage: Austin says Hunter is the 1997 King of the Ring, hell I’ve been there and done that. He says he’s gonna open a can of whoop-ass on him. He then says as far as Chyna is concerned he ain’t above punching anybody's lights out, and that’s the bottom line.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
This is fun, these two have great chemistry as Austin is slowly making the transition to straight up brawler. Hunter does his mid-card bumps which rule. We cut to a commercial, but when we return Hunter is in control, his stuff doesn't really lead to anything or go anywhere. Austin makes a comeback but Chyna trips him up and hands Hunter a chair, Mankind runs down so Hunter whacks him with the chair in the head, but when he turns around he walks right into the Stunner and Austin covers for the win. **

After the match; Austin grabs the mic and calls Mankind into the ring, he says he doesn’t like him one bit but he will go to war with him. All he has to do it shake his hand, Mankind refuses and asks for a HUG! SO AUSTIN HUGS HIM!!!!! Mankind then celebrates but when he turns around Austin hits him with a stunner and yells “D.T.A. YOU STUPID PIECE OF TRASH!” He says he will never be his tag partner because he’s a long haired freak and he sucks. Mankind then grabs the mic and says he just wanted some respect and was just looking for a friend, but you ruined it all. So it’s come clear drastic measure will be taken, and next week he will have to do something he never thought he would have to do again. Next week the WWF, Mankind and Steve Austin will never be the same AGAIN!

Sunny is the special guest ring announcer for the next match, she looks amazing and her cleavage is looking insane.

Eric Shelley vs. Brian Christopher
AWFUL! Christoper is so bad, he wins with a legdrop off the top. After the match; Lawler hits Eric with a Spike Piledriver.

Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out and joins Vince in the ring, JR teases us that he thinks Austin is gonna stun Vince here. Austin says the little handcuffs did nothing, he will continue to do what he wants and say what he wants. Vince asks him about the Stunner on Mankind, and Austin continues to say he doesn't care. Monsoon can do what he wants, Vince asks him about his IC match at SSlam. Austin says he wants this in the contract……….IF I CANNOT BEAT OWEN HART! I WILL KISS HIS ASS! I’ll kiss his ass if I can’t kick it, and that’s the bottom line.

Backstage: Goldust says it’s not about country against country, it’s just Bret vs. Goldust tonight.

Goldust vs. Bret Hart
This goes about 6-7 minutes, Bret tries to work Goldust’s back as Goldust connects with some GOAT uppercuts. For some fuckin’ reason, DOA comes out on their bikes looking like smurfs, the Harts then come out to look on because they have an actual reason to be out here. Shamrock and LOD now come out, I guess still butthurt about the ending of the PPV. Now, Austin comes out. The camera keeps switching between the action in the ring and showing up all the wrestlers on the floor for some reason. Bret then hits a roll up and wins looooool. The Harts then celebrate and that’s how we end the show? FUCK OFF! WHY? God damn 1997

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 218
July 14th, 1997
San Antonio, Texas

The Hart Foundation come down to the ring, Vince then joins them in the ring. Vince says this is a little different than the greeting they got in Canada last week. Bret says Canada is rat free, unlike San Antonio. He says most of the rats are in the back hiding from them because they know the Hart Foundation are a force to be wrecked with. He says Monsoon has granted his wish that his contract for SummerSlam is ironclad, and if he loses to The Undertaker, he'll never wrestle in the US again. Vince corrects him and says what he said was that if he doesn't win the WWF Title at SummerSlam, he'd never wrestle on American soil. Bret says that's fine with him because there is one thing Canadians pride themselves on and that’s keeping their promises. He says after SummerSlam, Taker will freefall like a dead star, because he's going to be the 5 time WWF Champion. Vince asks Owen about his match with Steve Austin, Owen says he doesn’t give a damn if it’s Austin or anybody else. He and Bulldog are winning those tag titles tonight and at SummerSlam, Austin will kiss his ass. Vince asks Bulldog about Shamrock, Bulldog says he’s the strongest man in the WWF and if he loses the Euro title he will eat a can of dog food right after the match. Pillman says if he loses at SummerSlam, he'll wear a dress the next night. Jim says if any of the Hart’s lose at SummerSlam he will shave his goatee off on RAW. Bret says they are commitment. He says Canada has prettier women, tougher sports, and tougher men. And the beer tastes better. He says it's going to be a Canadian summer, Stone Cold then comes out onto the stage, he takes off his vest. Ken Shamrock joins him……………………SO DOES THE PATRIOT! SID THEN JOINS THEM! Shawn Michaels comes out too, and Vince and JR wonder if any of them will be Austin's partner.

Jerry “The King” Lawler & Brian Christopher vs. Ivan Putski & Scott Putski
Terrible father and son duo match, way too much Putski kid and Lawler's kid, not enough of Jerry. Ivan pins Lawler with the Polish Hammer.

Backstage: Mankind is sitting in a dark room, Vince asks him some questions but Mankind refuses to talk and just rocks back and forth.

Backstage: Paul Bearer says the hell Taker claims to live in is nothing to what KANE life has been life. He says KANE is no longer a child and is alive and next week he will prove it.

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. TAKA Michinoku
YOUNG TAJIRI :mark: and he’s facing TAKA :mark: FUCK YEAH! DREAM MATCH! Good fast counter wrestling to start, TAKA busts out the running no hands plancha dive. He hits a belly to belly for two. Tajiri hits a cool kick before hitting this sweet sit-down powerbomb to take over. Tajiri follows up with some cool dives of his own hitting a great Asai Moonsault. Tajiri continues to have the best kicks I wrestling before we go into a strike exchange, full nelson dragon suplex gets two. TAKA hits a missile dropkick to the back of Tajiri’s head and finishes him off with the Michinoku Driver for the win. Great little match. **3/4

Backstage: Ken Shamrock says he isn’t Austin tag partner, he has his own match tonight.

Clips air of Los Boricuas all arriving together in a low rider

The Headbangerz vs. Los Boricuas
NO! GO FUCK YOURSELF! Boricuas win after some flashy rollup, that attacks the Headbangers after the match but the biker smurfs make the save. Everyone brawls it’s gay.

Backstage: The Patriot says he’s not Austin’s partner he’s just here to stick up for his country. He’s sat back and watched the Harts talk about American but as long as he’s here that all comes to an end.

Vince McMahon is in the ring and introduces Shawn Michaels. Vince asks if he’s still Austin’s partner. Shawn says he’s not 100% but the last time he and Austin tagged up they won the title and they weren’t 100% then too. He says he’s ready to go, he says when he was sitting at home he noticed Bret Hart tell the world that if he did not win the WWF title at SummerSlam he would not wrestler on US soil again. Shawn says he’s waited a long time to see Bret’s sorry ass leave the USA. He says he's not scheduled to be at SummerSlam, and that's not his decision (he gives Vince this hilarious side eye) Shawn says if he can appeal to Vince to allow him to just be a part of SummerSlam, he will set up the ring, he'll sell tickets if he wants, but he has to be there when The Undertaker buries Bret alive and see Bret get the hell out of here.

Savio Vega rushes out yelling about some backstage accident, instead of getting medical attention he drags a camera man to the back. In the parking lot, DOA and Los Boricuas brawl :lmao so Savio left his team to get the camera to record the crime SMH.

Jim Neidhart vs. Ken Shamrock
Pretty terrible and uneventful beginning, before Jim does way too much on offense in. It’s just shitty punches and face rakes/ Shamrock gets a Sleeper for a quick submission. Okay, then. After the match; Bulldog attacks Ken from behind, he and Jim beat him down and hit a spike piledriver. The Patriot makes the save.

Backstage: Mankind continues to sit in the dark.

The NEW Blackjacks come out for a match, LOD then makes their way out are attacked by the Godwinns with steel chairs. They beatdown LOD and throw Hawk into the steel steps, he has a nasty gash on the back of his head as a result. The LOD get helped up, and Hawk looks totally out of it.

Flash Funk vs. Vader (w/Paul Bearer)
So this is awesome, Vader is totally on here. AWESOME body blows and corner punches. Funk does a great job of sticking and moving, dropkicks and dives. Vader bumps on everything really puts over Funk. Funks hits a sweet moonsault for two, but Vader gets up and hits the powerbomb for the win. After the match; Vader hits the Vaderbomb just because. AWESOME SHORT MATCH! Finally, the undercard matches are delivering. **3/4

Backstage: Austin says he doesn’t care who’s involved in this match, the bottom line is, there's no way he’s leaving San Antonio without the tag team titles.

WWF Tag Team Championships: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
A
ustin doesn’t even wait for the intro or a partner he bull rushes the ring and fights both Owen and Bulldog, the bell rings so I guess this is a handicap match. This is great, tons of heat. Austin is super over. They take out Austin by throwing him into the steps, Owen begins waving the Canadian flag……………..BUT WE CUT TO BACKSTAGE! A pair of white shoes are tap walking to this weird disco music as we got to a commercial. When we return Austin has a brief comeback before Owen takes out his knee. Harts briefly work the leg then ditch it so Austin doesn’t sell during the comeback…………….SUDDENLY, on the tron, it’s DUDE LOVE!!!!!! Everyone is shocked. Austin’s facial expressions are great, Dude gets in and dances before tagging in. He does some things before Austin sneaks in a Stunner and Dude Love covers for the win. Cool angle match, super hot crowd made it better than it really is. After the match; Dude hands the tag titles over to Austin as 2 thots bum rush the ring and hug on dude :lmao Austin hands him the title and they shake hands. Austin leaves and Dude dances with THOTS as the show goes off the air. **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
97 telling us that even back then WWF/E fans don't give a shit about cruiserweights.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold Steve Austin & Dude Love

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 219
July 21st, 1997
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Tonight: The Harts vs. USA in a flag match, Shawn Michaels has something to say.

Vader (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Ken Shamrock
Very toned down version of the PPV match but still stiff af. Vader brings the amazing punches early trying to break Shamrock’s nose, and Ken would go to what worked for him in the first match which was submissions. But this was mostly Vader doing what he wanted and Ken who probably felt bad after the broken nose just allowing him to be rag dolled. Bearer gets involved so Ken punches him on the floor. Back in the Vader splash off the middle rope gets two. Ken would block the Vader bomb with knee and he begins his comeback. Vader throws him to the floor which allows the Bulldog to run out and powerslam him onto the steel rail, Vader has the ref distracted. Ken then is counted out, Vader wins and this is Shamrock’s first loss. **1/2 - **3/4

BRAKKUS! IS COMING

Vince McMahon is in the ring and introduces Canada’s own HART FOUNDATION! Bret says it’s nice to be home, it’s nice to be in GOD’s country. He says it was a nightmare last week in Texas, where they don't spit on people and throw stuff at them for telling the truth. He says the US is shaped like one big giant toilet bowl, and it's because most Americans are full of crap. Bret says all the American wrestlers in the back, they are all hiding. Bret challenges Undertaker to accept the Flag Match tonight, Bulldog says he doesn’t want to wait for SummerSlam he challenges Ken to the Flag match. Owen then challenges Austin too. Steve Austin comes out and says this isn't God's country, it's a living hell. Austin accepts to be in the flag match tonight! Bret then parades the Canadian flag around the ring.

Vince announces 8-Man Tag Match at SummerSlam, DOA vs. Los Boricuas

Brian Walsh vs. Brian Christopher
Another shitty Christopher showcase match.

Truth Commission NEXT WEEK!

Pretty much a Dude Love/Mankind/Mick Foley history video package.

The Legion of Doom vs. The Goodwin’s are announced for SummerSlam, fucking hell.

The Godwinns vs. The Headbangers vs. The New Blackjacks
GOD DAMMIT! NO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME! FUCK EVERYONE! Nice to know it’s 20 years later and the tag division is still washed.

JR is in the ring and brings out Shawn Michaels. His heat is amazing and to Shawns credit, IDK if he’s coked, drunk and pilled up but he plays it up tremendously. JR asks what is this huge announcement is. Shawn talks shit about the Canadians and Canada in hilarious fashion. The crowd attempts a “smurf” chant but Shawn no sells it. He says he does have a big announcement and says he's going to be the second man in the Flag Match. Shawn says he's not done yet, and last week, he begged to be part of SummerSlam. He says he went to Monsoon, and only one job was open. SO HE'S GOING TO BE THE SPECIAL REFEREE FOR THE MAIN EVENT! UNDERTAKER/BRET! Shawn says he's been told if he leans to anyone's side and doesn't call it down the middle, he ALSO cannot wrestle in the U.S. again! "BRET! BUDDY! PAL OF MINE...IF YOU CAN'T TRUST SHAWN MICHAELS, WHO CAN YA TRUST?!"

Backstage: The Patriot says Canada picked the wrong role models when they picked the Hart Foundation

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. The Patriot
The Patriot has the generic American stars and stripes theme, he has yet to steal Kurt theme even though Kurt would sign 2 years later. Anyway, this goes about a minute Hunter gets the cheers because The Patriot is a create a wrestler gimmick and is basic “Mr. America” Bret, Owen and Bulldog storm out. Bret and Vince get into this AMAZING argument about Shawn being the ref. Bret calls it a swerve. He slaps the headset of Vince…….Vince begins jawing back, Bret goes to leave but instead, his and Vince put hands on one another :mark: Patriot tries to get involved so the Harts beat him up before jawing with Vince, Hunter also gets a few shots in on the Patriot too. The crowd was red hot for this.

1hndSID.gif

Backstage: JR calls Paul Bearer a liar, Paul says you can tell by the Undertaker’s reaction that he isn’t a liar. Paul says he has proof and JR asks why he doesn't just show it, so Bearer yells in his amazing voice, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP” Bearer says as kids, Taker and Kane had one-half each of a whole statue of the Grim Reaper, and he pulls out Kane's half. JR says he wants to see Kane as proof, and Paul says not to push him, and you DON'T want to see Kane show up here.

Faarooq (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Goldust (w/Marlena)
This is fine for 3 minutes or so. During the match, Vince walks to the back and JR says he got word of the Harts leaving Shawn’s dressing room and Shawn has been injured again. The ref blatantly sees Kama attacking Goldust on the floor and allows it :lmao Faarooq hits the dominator but instead of counting the 3 he calls for the bell :lmao JR is dumbfounded as am I. Goldust wins via DQ.

Backstage: Shawn is a mess in the locker room, he shoves Pat, Brisco and some refs. He yells at Vince “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS PLACE? YOU’RE WEARING A SUIT HERE, YOU IDIOT” He then shoves Vince.

Flag Match: The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog) vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dude Love & The Undertaker
Before the match, Bret demands the Canadian national anthem be played. Steve Austin comes out, so does Dude Love………………….The bell rings and the Harts dominate but after a few minutes HERE COMES THE UNDERTAKER!!!!! FUCK YEAH! Not a bad match, they work it more a brawl match attitude era match but still keeping the tag rules. I personally would have like a no rules tornado match with everyone brawling and they do the 2 in the ring, everyone else fights on the floor. It’s hilarious watching them accidently going for covers when the only way to win is to climb the floor to capture the flag. Owen gets iso’ed and Austin’s heel for the night is awesome, low key a shame he got so over because his heel antics are amazing. Bret’s hot tag ruled, he tries to apply the figure-four around the ring post but Dude breaks it up, Taker then gets a hot tag of his own. Bret and Taker have a great interaction, as the match breaks down. It leads into a race between Taker and Bret. But Pillman crotches Taker which allows Bret to pull down the flag for the win. The Harts celebrate in the crowd while Taker, Austin, and Dude look on pissed. Hot match, really fun. **3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brakkus didn't show up for another year and didn't do anything but get punched in the nose by Savio Vega in the Brawl for all.