WWF Raw, PPV's 1997 Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
When Hunter and Chyna get silly, who got the willy?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Champion: The Undertaker
WWF Intercontinental Champion: Rocky Maivia
WWF Tag Team Champions: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
WWF European Champion: The British Bulldog

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 202
March 24th, 1997
Rockford, Illinois

Apparently, Mankind is the number one contender and will face The Undertaker at the next In Your House Show WAT?!!?

WWF Tag Team Championships: The Headbangers vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Just by the entrance alone of Owen and Bulldog trying to upstage the other by trying to walk in front lets me know this match is just here to further tease the potential breakup. Vince announces in April LOD will face the winners; oh goodie we then get a LOD promo full of yelling and nonsense. This gets a shit load of time and it doesn’t feel like a tag match at all just feels like this is the first time Owen and Bulldog are teaming so it’s a bunch of one on one interactions. For some reason the Headbangers have a heat segment on Bulldog, at one point Bulldog accidently runs into Owen, and Owen has had enough and leaves as we go to a commercial, when we return Owen is back but he reluctant to tag in. After a somewhat uneventful Bangers heat segment Owen hot tags in but only hits a two spin kicks before tagging Bulldog back in, they continue to argue but when Bulldog tries to help Owen but they shove the ref away for the DQ, After the match; they get into a shoving match and FINALLY IT COMES TO BLOWS :mark: Refs and Officials run to the back to break it up, and finally the crowd is alive. Owen leaves the ring and grabs the mic, he says he’s sick and tired of Bulldogs crap. He sick of carrying the team, and everyone knows he could have beat him for the European title because he is the captain of the team. He then challenges to a title match. Bulldog accepts.

Mankind is in a dark room somewhere, Mankind says he’s gone. Don’t you understand? He left me, I can beat the Undertaker and in less than a month I’ll be the WWF Champion and I will be the day because Uncle Paul is gone. He’s left me, I need my family. Uncle Paul please come back, don’t make me find you.

Bret Hart is on the tron, he says he wants to say something right now to get some things off his chest, he asks Vince to please give him the time. No abusive language. Vince says it’s okay.

Bart Gunn vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Hunter does what he can, Bart is trash. At least in a year, he’ll be knocking people’s heads off. During the match Goldust cuts a promo, he says there are no more words just actions then he proceeds to cut a promo lol. He says Marlena is not here tonight and his pain will be deafening. Vince gives Goldust his rematch with Hunter. Hunter hits the pedigree for the win after Chyna rammed him into the ring post.

El Mosco, Hysteria & Abismo Negro vs. Venum, Super Nova & Discovery
Bret is in the locker room and is crying for his time, his air time. Vince says he will just give it time. This is probably the best AAA match on WWF so far, but it’s still a mess. Just flips and spots. I legit have no idea who is who, so I can’t write anything, I don’t think Vince, JR or King do so they just talk about everything else on the show and promote a bunch of stuff lol

Earlier Tonight; JR interviews Rocky and his Dad, Rocky Johnson said he bought his own ticket and flew himself to watch his son because Vince didn’t. He wanted to surprise his son, he’s so proud and he couldn’t hold back watching 3 men jump his son, he promises to never interfere in his matches again.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Honky Tonk Man is on commentary again.

Flash Funk vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
NO!

Ken Shamrock is on the tron, Vince asks him why he stopped the match. Ken says he asked Austin several times if he was okay or wanted to quit but Austin was unconscious so he stopped it, to protect his body. Ken admits he didn’t hear Austin say he quit, but when Steve passed out he could no protect himself so that why I stopped it.

Rocky Maivia vs. Leif Cassidy
FUCK YEAH! Bret comes down and joins commentary; he says he hasn’t snapped he’s just opened his eyes. This gets split-screen of Shawn being helped into the trainer’s room and Bret on commentary, NO FUCKS GIVEN ABOUT THE MATCH! Vince asks him why he’s gone bad and Bret says if you wanna talk about wickedly bad, he’ll show you wickedly bad so he jumps Rocky after the match, he targets Rocks knee before leaving and giving a kid the middle finger AWESOME!

Ahmed Johnson vs. Savio Vega (w/The Nation of Domination)
Vince says Faarooq separated his shoulder and punctured his lung in last night’s match, so he won’t be here tonight. No, pass, fuck off. The nation pulls Savio out of the ring before he can get hit with the Pearl River plunge for the DQ. After the match, Ahmed grabs the 2x4 and the mic, he says this has gone too far, and he’s gonna make a deal. If he can beat one of them, you guys leave the WWF. The Nation put up the fists, so I guess if he loses he joins the Nation?

Vince McMahon brings out the Undertakers; Vince congratulates him on winning the WWF title. Taker says we are now in the dark days of the WWF, and the title now belongs to his creatures. Taker says Sid was the man, and it took courage to step foot in the ring with him. And when you’re time is due, he will give him his rematch. Taker says his first reign was short because he lost his edge, but with challenges like Mankind he must stay sharp and makes him a better gladiator. Paul Bearer comes out, and says if you still feel the need to beat him up, he has to do what he has to do. But first just listen to him. Mankind yells for UNCLE PAUL, and Paul starts to talk. JR yells that they're out of time....and the show ends.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bret Hart goat status arriving :mark:

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 203
March 31st, 1997
Peoria, Illinois

WWF European Championship: Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog
FUCK YEAH! Owen doesn’t even wait for Bulldog to get into the ring, he hits him with a baseball slide and begins beating him up on the floor. He rams him back-first into the ring post before rolling him back in. Crossbody gets two, and Owen proceeds to control and is super aggressive, he switches between working the back and the head. I love Owen being one step ahead, due to the pre-match beating and he was able to weather Bulldog’s powermove storm before suckering him in with a counter to take over again. Again they do a fuckin’ piledriver to take us to a commercial spot, LIKE WHY? Holy shit, we get a replay and during the commercial, they show that the piledriver lead to a 3 count but Bulldog had his foot on the ropes spot, seriously who Okayed that for a commercial? Owen maintains control and it’s pretty dope, Bulldog has some real nice mini-comebacks but Owen steals the show with his crafty counters and moves. Bulldog’s big comeback is fun, Owen bumps big, Earl Hebner gets bumped when Owen leapfrogs Bulldog and he gets run into, Owen tries to bring a chair but Bulldog counters and grabs the chair. Bret then comes down but before Bulldog can hit Owen with it Bret takes him down and begins choking him with it….But he also shoves Owen away. Bret gets in the middle and finally calms both men down.

Bret grabs the mic and says this is what all these people want. Family values, they’ve had us fighting for years. What are you fighting for? For what to satisfy a bunch of people that doesn’t know the first thing about family values. Listen to me, I NEED YOU! Yeah, USA. You’re talking about a country that’s based its entire history on brother against brother. Talks shows about family airing out because they all hate each other. And, they’ve taken out family and turned us into a bunch of haters. Look what they’ve done you YOU AND ME (OWEN) I was the one that brought you into the WWF. They push us against one another; they’ve driven a wedge between us. Owen, I’ve know you since you were a baby. I dressed you for school; I was the one that made sure you made the school bus. Remember school when that teacher was picking on you, I was only 13 years old I went to that school and I set the teacher straight. WHO WAS THEIR FOR YOU MORE TIMES THAN I WAS? Who was the one that talked you to get into wrestling? Americans don’t understand family. They don’t give a damn about family, Owen, Davey I’m asking for your help. Because I need you. Owen, I LOVE YOU! Owen begins to cry FUCK YEAH! AND THEY HUG! GROUPE HUG!!! How is this now shown in every video package ever, I got teams…………because of the allergies.

RXTqcjD.gif
xt1A3uy.gif
mImTWh2.gif

So I guess the match was thrown out, still was pretty great. ****

Sunny comes out to join commentary, she looks fuckin’ phenomenal tonight. WOW!

El Mosco vs. Super Nova
Typical AAA match, tons of spots and counters. Commentary just uses the time to hype up future shows and talk about the other stuff on the show tonight. Sunny then leaves commentary and joins the Spanish team lol, she begins speaking Spanish and I am turned on. Masco hits a split-legged moonsault for the win.

JR is in the ring and the Legion of Doom comes out, JR asks now that Owen and Davey seem to be stronger than ever do they still think they can win. Animal yells a bunch of pro-USA stuff and sports talk. Hawk promises he and Animal are gonna kick stuff out of Owen and Bulldog. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WHAT A RUSH!

Honky Tonk Man comes out for commentary, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Jessie James comes out singing “Baby tonight” and he has some kid with him.

Jessie James vs. Jerry Fox
JJ Showcase for like 2 minutes, after the match; Honky comes into the ring and says he’s impressed by him and offers James the chance to be his protégé and hands him his precious guitar. Jessie is almost speechless, but he says he knows what to do, and he breaks the guitar. He says it's a little out of tune for him, and leaves.

Savio Vega & Crush (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Rod Bell & Adam O’Brien
SQUASH!

Shawn Michaels is on the phone and says he wasn’t healthy last week, and he sure isn’t better after last week. He calls last week a setback. He says he will address Bret Hart live next week in person, not over a phone.

Next Week: Ken Shamrock in a no holds barred exhibition.

Recap of last week’s Raw when it went off the air of Paul Bearer asking/begging The Undertaker to take him back, while Mankind screams from the tron “Please, Take me back. Uncle Paul”

Paul Bearer comes down to the ring and gets on the mic, he says Undertaker I made a mistake, but he did it for him. He let him become his own man and find himself. Now he’s the WWF champion, where he should have been a long time ago. If t wasn’t for him, he held him back. I’M SORRY! I NEED TO COME BACK HOME! Undertaker, I know you’re in the building please come face me. The Undertaker comes down, there’s a casket that just randomly appears at ringside now. Taker is weary of it some he locks the casket just encase it’s a trap UnderSMARTaker. Taker says betrayal is something I can never forget. But it is something I may be able to forgive, for one week’s time. My thoughts have been consumed. We took on the WWF for years, and we layed many people to rest and for that I owe you. Taker hands him the WWF title but then punches him :mark: Paul falls to the floor and Taker begins stalking him and grabs the urn. BUT FROM UNDER THE RING! Mankind comes out and throws a fireball in Takers' eyes. FUCK YEAH! Mankind and Paul hug, and Sycho Sid comes out and chases them off through the crowd. Taker is blinded so he begins fuckin up the ringside area.

xO7CbGN.gif

Backstage: Sid says this is a message to you Mankind if you wanna mess with fire you’re messing with someone that knows exactly what to do with fire. The problem is you’re messing with the Undertaker, just like Bret Hart who messed with me, and that was his problem. No, I’m gonna say at Mania Taker was the better man. But only on that night and you are gonna play with fire. You will play with fire against the Undertaker and you will burn in hell.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Goldust
Both valets are barred from ringside, even though Marlena is not here tonight so that just means Chyna is barred. This is just like the Mania match, it’s got some real fun stuff but not great. Goldust is super aggressive and Hunter is his usual mid-card resilient heel. Slowing the pace and being methodical. Chyna comes out on the stage to watch on, and then comes down the ramp WHA THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF BARRED FROM RINGSIDE IF THE PERSON IS JUST GONNA COME DOWN?!?!?! Anyway, Goldust hits the certain call but Chyna breaks up the pin for a DQ. Hunter and Chyna work over Goldust until refs and officials break it up. Hunter keeps shoving Pat Patterson away but PAT makes a big comeback until Chyna hits him in the back, they double him until Goldust makes a recovery and runs them off.**1/2

Vince is in the ring and brings out Stone Cold Steve Austin. He asks him for his viewpoint on Mania, Austin says let me clear the air I NEVER EVER SAID I QUIT! Bret Hart says he beat him to a bloody pulp. Well that the biggest bunch of BS I ever heard, because I knocked the hell out my head on the rails. On your best day, which was WrestleMania you never got the job done. You hooked you're little sharpshoot. The only reason you won was because my head was pumping out more blood than my heart was giving. You’re the biggest piece of trash that I’ve ever met in my life. You talk about making a big comeback because the people needed a hero. You talk about being what you thought the people needed, well that’s the biggest BS ever. The bottom line is I ain’t changing for nobody; you put me in that ring. If you put me in against a “good guy” and the people booo the hell out of me, or against “bad guy” and they cheer me it doesn’t make a damn. All I set out to do, it to whip somebody’s ass. Bret if you're in the back and you ain’t crying or quit the Federation again, put on a clean pair of panties and get your ass out here so I can beat the hell out of you. Bret appears on the tron, he says he kicked his ass and everyone knows it. You can talk about how your head got busted it was me who threw you into that rail and I beat you from pillar to post and I beat your ass and I’ll do it again, again and again. I’M FINISHED WITH YOU! Austin says NO! YOU HAVE TO KILL ME, TO BE FINISHED WITH ME! :mark: the next time we get in the ring you will look ten times worse and one of these days he'll be looking at Bret's grave as it says "Here lies Bret Hart, the biggest piece of crap on the face of this Earth and the reason he's laying here is because Steve Austin whipped his pink and black ass" AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

AMAZING!!!!!!

Vince announces Bret/Sid for the next InYourHouse

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Bret Hart vs. Rocky Maivia
Another of those dream matches that if only the Montreal fuckery didn’t happen I wanted to see because nobody gives a fuck about this Samoan White meat babyface, but IDK if Rock would have been Rock with Bret gone. Still, this is a year too soon. Bret trying to offer the handshake even though he tried to jump Rocky and even attacked him last week :lmao They do some mat work and counter work early with Bret carrying but Rock isn’t even close to been good at it so it’s really bad. Bret control is really “Bret like” Methodical, crisp but the crowd gives so little fucks about Rock it just didn’t work, and Rocks comeback is dry, he just rips off his dad's comeback even the motions are ripped off, it’s like he watched a tape before the match and practiced in the mirror and went this should get me over because it worked for my dad. Bret locks in the figure-four around the ringpost and refuses to break so Earl Hebner calls for the bell. After the match; Steve Austin runs down and attacks Bret which brings Owen and Bulldog out for the 3-1. LOD make the save as Hart Family bail into the crowd. *3/4 - **

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hart foundation time :proud

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 204
April 7th, 1997
Muncie, Indiana

Tonight: Sid/Mankind, Ken Shamrock exhibition, and Shawn Michaels gets a load off his chest PAUSE!

Owen and Bulldog come down to the ring and Owen gets on the mic; he says it’s a tragedy what these people are trying to do. But thank god for Bret, because without him they would hate one another. But now our family is filled with love. One last thing, he understands HBK wants to vent well HBK one thing you better not do is say one bad thing about my loving brother Bret. Because we will destroy you.

Fuckin’ Hell Honky Tonk is on commentary instead of King.

Owen Hart & The British Bulldog vs. The Godwinns
This isn’t good, mainly because the godwins are just awful; this is one of those something to air while we talk about the rest of the show and have split screen interviews. E.G. Shawn Michaels trying to hype up his “Vent” promo later, then one of LOD’s clusterfuck promos, oh and during the split screen the match ends when Owen jumps off the top rope knocking one of the godwins in the head and covers :lmao Great job WWF. After the match; LOD come out on the stage and the Godwinns cut them off making it a weird Legion of Godwin's sandwich, they throw the slop bucket but Owen and Bulldog duck and they accidently hit the LOD with it. They being to brawl allowing Owen and Bulldog to bail.

Backstage: Owen and Bulldog are watching on, Owen says at the IYH LOD will be humiliated even worse when they step into the ring with them. He calls both teams a joke and watches the tape again. Owen says only in America would they do this not in Canada or England because they’re civilized. To the side, referees hold back Steve Austin, and Bulldog yells that this is their interview time, and Austin walks off.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Billy Gunn
Honky Tonk Man comes out with Billy Gunn, he keeps talking to Billy but Billy ignores him and acts like he’s not even there, boy I wish I could do that. Austin is great; he just picks apart Gunn and stays one step ahead for the early going. And even though Austin is a tweener but now borderline face, he continues to toe the line with thumbs to the eyes. Owen and Bulldog do a promo in the back saying Austin ruined their high after their big win, and if he's got a problem with them, they're not hard to find. Gunn heat is awful, but thankfully it doesn’t last long and a Stunner ends it. After the match; Honky tries to talk Gunn into being his protégé but is smacked in the face and Gunn leaves.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks shows off this awesome Undertaker Door banner, it is $29.95 +S&H

On the stage, a guy says he is a Commandant. Commanding officer of the truth commission from South Africa and the next Raw is War will be in South Africa. He says he and his Truth Commission will teach the sissy American liberals the true meaning of democracy, even if they have to beat the truth into you. He then shows an interview with Bret Hart, the audio is so shit. He talks his usual about Austin, Sid, and Shawn all being losers.

Vince is in the ring and brings out Shawn Michaels for his interview. Vince asks him how the attack 2 weeks ago set him back, Shawn says he wants to use his first amendment rights to tell everyone how he is. He says him running his mouth and getting beaten up seems to be a regular thing now, now. Was it a setback? Yes. Bret Hart has come out time and time off his chest but now it’s his time. Everyone asking why is Bret now a bad guy. Shawn says he and Bret Hart loathe one another, not only in the ring but in the back too. Bret Hart has always been a bad guy, he comes out here and talks about how there are now family Values in America and how the WWF “exploited” his family. Bret Hart was the one that asked his family to be on TV, the WWF only exploited his family for Bret’s finical gain. If Bret can make a buck, he would sell his mother. Bret Hart has an obsession with me and the WWF title. Last year I won the WWF title fair and square, but it goes beyond that 6 years ago when I became a single and won the IC title was around the same time Bret won the WWF title. I ran support to him, I told everyone I would be number 2 for him and that’s what a man does when it comes to business. But when I came to Bret to return the favor he did it kicking and screaming along the way, then Bret took time off just to see if Shawn and the WWF would fall face flat without him, but in fact, the WWF did the best business it’s done in 6 years. Vince says he’s right, Shawn then says Bret told everyone about his faults. The whole time I don’t say anything, Bret talks about his loyalty to the WWF. Well, that’s a load of HORSESHIT! The reason Bret returned to the WWF was using a rival organization for leverage, for the money, not for his fans. Shawn says now we’re all wondering why you are obsessed with the WWF title, it’s because he was born into it. Even when he goes home he’s still Bret “The Hitman” Hart, you’re a mark even when in your personal life. He says the fans can yell for whoever they want, and he's not a role model. Shawn says Bret's hate for him and obsession with the WWF Title will ultimately be his destruction :hm: Shawn then begins to dance, Owen and Bulldog come down but Shawn grabs a chair, and they tease getting but instead they leave.

The Headbangers vs. Freddie Joe Floyd & Barry Horowitz
Headbangers squash, terrible.

MMA Exhibition: Vernon White vs. Ken Shamrock
This is what it is, Ken does a bunch of MMA throws, strikes and submissions it’s mindblowing listening to Vince on commentary saying UFC by name and even saying some of the fighters names. IDK if this was supposed to happen but White gives Ken this nasty kick to the chest then not even 5 seconds later Ken has him on the mat punching his nose off his face and the kid has no choice but to tap. He’s just pouring blood out of his nose, HOLY SHIT! JR comes in for an interview afterward, Ken says he got a little carried away and lost his temper :lmao no shit. Vader the comes out :mark: and they go face-to-face, but refs all run down to stop it before it escalates

What a terrible debut, so he breaks his sparring buddies nose and has a huge puddle of blood in the ring, then after the fight he admits to the other wrestlers in the back, hey, sorry I lost my temper. Shit if I was working for WWF at the time and this fighter just said sorry I lost my temper so I broke the guys now. I’m telling Vince, look dog you better give me Bret money if you want me in a program with him.

Vader (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Frank Stiletto
VADER SQUASH!

Backstage: Vince announces Sid is yet to arrive at the building, so he brings in Monsoon for answers, Monsoon says there are rumors going around that he missed his flight or in a car accident. He says he’s running out of time and the only person that he believes that would be a suitable opponent for Mankind is…………..STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN! He says he will make that match; Austin comes in and says he’s already wrestled once tonight and is not here to save your little show. He says he’s not doing it; he says he will wrap this knee brace around his fat head if he thinks he’s gonna bully him into wrestling again. Austin then says Sid has a match with Bret at the next IYH, well if you give me the match again Bret and I’ll take this match. Monsoon says if Sid doesn’t make it tonight he’ll grant him that match.

Mankind comes down to the ring, JR then enters the ring for an interview. JR asks him why did he burn the Undertaker, was it greed or revenge. Mankind says it all seems like such a shame, we engaged in some of the most brutal matches ever, but when it was all said and done he can’t help but feel the Undertaker didn’t know him at all. I know him, with his fancy cars, posh hotel rooms, but do you know me? Do you know what it feels like with the stench of your own charred flesh in your nostrils for 14 hours? I do, do you know what it feels like to walk in your own home and your wife says what’s that burning, AND IT’S ME!!!! I did it to introduce you to my life, and for those people that find it hard to believe that someone like Mankind could’ve received holy matrimony, I can only say to you turn off your damn tv sets. Because I am dealing with reality or real life issues, where my children wake up to the gunfire or white trash bombard my house with rocks and chant “Die, MANKIND, Die” when my 3-year-old girl says to me, keep me, safe daddy, I look into her eyes and say can’t do that because daddy is on the road. 300 nights a year, working on his 17 concussion. Being spit on by vile scum in Undertaker t-shirts, wrestling main events for half the money that pumped up pretty boys making the opening match. When you’re Mankind, you only need reasons. JR asks him what kind of match can we expect at IYH. Mankind says if you thought the fireball was bad, don’t order the PPV because I won’t be held morally responsible. And this very well might be my last match, but I have my reservation in the emergency room and I’ve gone through the trouble of making one for you. Because we are going to look like twins. Bearer pulls out a Mankind mask, as the Undertakers theme hits. Taker's voice is on the tron, no picture. He says Mankind will feel the heat and he will sentence him to internal damnation. He will never be through with him, he will spend eternity paying for his crimes. You see Bearer you think you know the darkness, you have no idea. When it’s all said and done, you will know even hell have no fury like the Undertakers’ revenge. AWESOME! FUCKIN’ AWESOME!

Next Week: Raw from Johannesburg, South Africa

Mankind (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Real fun brawl, it’s a prelude to the amusingness of this time one year later in 1998.Owen and Bulldog get split screen time ranting about how it’s not fair to have Bret/Austin at the IYH show, they would eventually come out into the crowd to watch on from the crowd. Mankind takes some real good bumps, but the middle section with the rest holds both men did kinda hurt the match, it’s not that it was bad or took away from the match, but their brawling and fighting was so good I just wish they would have done that for 12-15 minutes. On the ramp, Mankind goes for a piledriver but Austin shoves him off and Mankind takes his fall back bump hitting the rails. They brawl back to the ring with Owen and Bulldog making their way through the crowd down to ringside, but LOD comes down and stalks them around the ring. Vader comes down and inadvertently hits Mankind for the DQ. They begin brawling and everyone leaves, Paul Bearer gets in the middle and begs for peace as RAW goes off the air. **3/4

wRuONaI.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And here I thought Vince didn't know anything about or wanted anything to do with MMA.

"Victor" Belfort :lmao

I wonder what would've happened if Bret outed HBK as the junkie he was back then?

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 205
April 14th, 1997
Various Locations.

So this is split into two shows kinda, Jim Cornette and Vince McMahon are in the USA. But in South Africa, Jim Ross is with the Honky Tonk Man.

In the USA.

The Legion of Doom vs. The Godwinns
So it’s only right after last week’s slopping they these two would fights, for fuck sake 20-30 seconds in, HAWK no sells a fuckin’ piledriver, just hopes right up and clotheslines Phineas to the floor. This is so bad, it’s all punches and kicks and a bunch of shitty power offense, on one sells and they just waste time doing a bunch of nothing. Owen and Bulldog come down, and Bulldog hits Animal in the back of the head with one of the tag titles allowing the Godwinns to cover for the win. 3/4*

In South Africa

Jesse James vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
IDK what's wrong with the commentary like it goes dead for several minutes then JR and Honky says a line to two before going dead. As for the match; The mat work is passable, but seeing how it’s neither guy's strong suit it looks filler. It just feels like a house show contest, just go out there don’t overdo it and that’s it. It lacks heat and bunch of other things. Hunter’s heat is good, but it’s usually good. The problem is James is not over at all so the crowd doesn’t bite on his mini-comebacks, or him doing his shucking and jiving stuff. Honky leaves commentary and trips up James allowing Hunter to hit him with the pedigree for the win. After the match; James gets on the mic and says Honky may think he evened the odds, but not for long. See he’s heard that Honky has found a mystery man gunning for me at IYH. He’s not waiting and challenges him to a fight right now, Honky teases going in but in the end, doesn’t.*1/2 - *3/4

Rocky Maivia vs. Savio Vega (w/The Nation of Domination)
18 minutes, 18 FUCKIN’ MINUTES! EIGHT-TEEN. WHY!?!?! Savio is still so bad now and Rocky is not even watchable yet, he’s still trying to find himself at everything. The audio is so bad too, we get an Ahmed backstage interview he botches every 2nd word out his mouth then threatens Honky :lmao Commentary just use this match to talk about everything else going on in WWF and not about the match, Savio rest holds are hilarious, he uses this claw move just to grab the side of his neck and shoulder blades and having to watch Rock sell it for like 3 minutes :lmao Rock’s comeback is still not even close to good, but he does debut the ROCK BOTTOM but it’s a transition move so Savio Kicks out at two, Rock then heads up and nails the crossbody and instead of going for the pin he goes for the shoulderbreaker but Savio rolls through and grabs the tights for the pin. After the match; The Nation attack Rocky until Ahmed and the 2x4 make the save. *

Back in the USA.

Vince brings out Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vince says Austin got what he wants a match with Bret. Austin says it’s about time, you or Monsoon can’t hold him down anymore. Vince says talent can’t be held down, Austin says you damn right, and you can’t deny that I’m the baddest SOB in this ring when the bell rings. He says he got the match he wanted and leveraged the match HE wanted. Bret comes out and says oh, WWF screwed him, Monsoon screwed him, Vince Screwed him. Bret, you ain’t been screwed by Steve Austin and you bet your ass that’s what's going to happen. And you can bet your bottom dollar that I’m gonna whip his ass.

In South Africa

The Sultan (w/The Iron Sheik) vs. Goldust
This is joint in progress, after Goldust’s entrance. We see about 3 minutes until Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Chyna runs down and attack Goldust for the DQ. Both bump well for one another, Sultan did this awesome gutlift Piledriver for two. Nothing major outside that. After the match, it’s a 3-1 beating and Hunter assists the Sultan on a spike Piledriver.

zu6QECk.gif

In Kuwait.

Bret Hart cuts a promo on the USA, and the American fans.

In the USA

The Headbangers vs. Vader & Mankind (w/Paul Bearer)
Vaders’ corner punches look washed tonight, he might be done at this point. This might be the most selling I've seen Vader do in 1997, for some reason his contempt with letting the Headbangers get their shitty offense off on him. The match breaks down, into an all out brawl Mankind then gets in the ring and the ref allows it with no tag. This allows Mankind and Vader to iso Mosh, but when he gets knocked to the floor he goes under the ring and puts something I his mouth. Once he returns to the ring he spits some liquid into Mankind's eyes blinding him, Mankind is blind so the ref calls for the bell. Vader tries to console him but instead, his gives him the claw because I guess he thinks it’s one of the Headbangers. Bearer gets him to break it, but the damage is done. *

In South Africa

JR and Honky begin to talk about the damage that could be done to Mankind and how this affects his title match, but the lights begin to flicker. Taker’s voice comes on the loudspeakers and says this Sunday Mankind, will come face to face with the fire that is the rage of The Undertaker. And when it’s all said and done, and you lay at my feet. I will unleash the souls of all the demons to torment you. Mankind you can never rest in peace. But you will burn in hell.

Ahmed Johnson vs. Crush (w/The Nation of Domination)
The usual awfulness.

After the match; Faarooq grabs the mic and challenges Ahmed to a match. If he can beat Savio, Crush and then himself all in one night he will relinquish the whole Nation.

InYourHouse HYPE
Taker/Mankind
Austin/Bret
LOD/Owen&Bulldog
Rocky/Savio
Jesse/Honky's GUY

worse, WORSE RAW EVER!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hawk always no sold the piledriver.....Some gimmicky bullshit about his traps, even did that in a Kane beat down.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Cornette said it was because his neck muscles, i was watching like :rock

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

sbVRsmL.gif

WWF In Your House: Revenge Of The Taker
April 20th, 1997
Rochester, New York

Commentary: Vince McMahon, Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler

WWF Tag Team Championships: The Legion of Doom vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Usual hot LOD start tons of power offense, it's goes on far too long though like they beat on both Owen and Bulldog for a good 6 to 7 minutes before Owen hits his enziguri on Hawk before isolating him. This feels pretty mediocre stuff by both guys, I usually expect by this washed version of LOD and Bulldog to some degree but Owen is just meh tonight, anyway late in the match during the hot tag Animal hits Bulldog with a body of slam off the top and covers for the win. But as they celebrate another ref runs down and says Owen was the legal man, not Bulldog; so match restarts. Owen and Bulldog try to get counted out before the ref says if they don’t make it back to the ring before the count of ten they lose the belt. They do some stuff, passable at best. At least Owen seems to be turning it on. This time Hawk gets the hot tag and cleans house before the match breaks down, LOD hits Owen with the Doomsday Device, but Bret runs down and attacks LOD for the DQ. *1/2

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Owen and Bulldog, Owen says it was no luck at all. Dix says Austin is here and Owen says that must be a mistake because there are a lot of bald guys walking around. Bulldog says Austin is going down.

Backstage: Brian Pillman and Sunny are in the .com area

Backstage: Kevin Kelly interviews Rocky, he says the past is the past, and tonight is tonight. If tonight I lose the title, hey, lady luck has been on my side since I’ve been here. But to get this title, Savio you’re in for one hell of a fight.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Savio Vega (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Rocky Maivia
Faarooq comes out to join commentary; Pretty bad, not as bad as that fuckin’ 18-minute match, essentially it’s the exact same match just shorten to 8 minutes. Savio works the same shitty claw to the shoulder blade heat stuff and they do the same Rocky comeback, I did like they did the callback with the crossbody from the first match with Savio holding the tights on the roll through but this time Rock kicks out. The match ends when Savio side steps Rock and he falls into Crush, then on the floor Crush hits him on the floor with the heart punch and he gets counted out HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA! What a bunch of blueberries, So Savio sees him laid out on the floor and allows the count, and Crush is dumb enough to let him lay on the floor. Faarooq tries to make sense of this but he stumbles around and comes off Blue. After the match; Crush and Savio argue about who is more Blue, and Vince calls them all stupid for allowing that finish to happen. Faarooq gets everyone onto the same page and gets them to beat on Rocky until Ahmed makes the save, in his blood sweatpants and short sleeve shirt. Ahmed grabs the mic and accepts Faarooqs challenge of if he beats Savio, Crush and Faarooq all in one night the Nation disbands but if he doesn’t he’ll join. *

Backstage: Dox Hendricks is with Sable and Mero, he asks Sable what’s it like to be a 2x Miss Slammy winner as Mero looks on like a smurf. Sable thanks the fans and says this is our year, Mero says the knee is fine and he’ll be back before the Summer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Austin walks past, and goes into the room behind them, we hear some banging and as refs and officials rush in…………….But fuck that Owen and Bulldog come out and they have this amazing SHOCKED Face to see the camera’s it’s like getting caught red handed look:lmao they try to run away like we never saw them, Dave Hebner runs out snitching saying Davey Boy and Owen attacked Austin and he needs help.

4fbxEB1.gif

Honky Tonk Man comes out and introduces his protege…………..HE USED TO BE BILLY GUN, BUT NOW HE’S ROCKABILLY! Jim Ross tries to interview Honky trying to make sense of this and Honky says Billy is the roughest and toughest man in the F and he had to get him.

Jessie James vs. Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man)
Really lame, thank god they would find one another as tag partners later in the year because this sucked. Jessie wins then avoids a guitar shot from Honky after the match.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks again tries to sell the amazing Undertaker door Banner.

Backstage: Kevin Kelly is in the locker room with Steve Austin and Gorilla Monsoon, he asks Austin if he's in any shape to wrestle tonight. Austin says you ain’t gonna keep him from that damn ring tonight, he told Bret he will have to kill him before he’s finished with him. Austin says he doesn’t need medical attention, but Bret will when he gets done with him and his fat family. Monsoon says he’s gonna buy him some time so Taker/Mankind is up next.

Backstage: MOTHERFUCKIN’ CUM STAIN Lance Wright is with the Hart Foundation, he asks Owen and Bulldog why they attacked Austin and Bulldog says he started it, he and Owen were in the bathroom celebrating their victory tonight when Austin tried to attack Owen, Bret says you know what the bottom line is? Who’s crying now?

Awesome Mankind/Undertaker video package

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Mankind and Paul Bearer, Mankind says tonight will be the greatest night of his life and Takers screams will be music to his ears. HAVE A NICE DAY!

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Mankind (w/Paul Bearer) vs. The Undertaker
Mankind comes out with a fire extinguisher, either to troll Taker or to send a message that he plans on burning Taker again. Taker comes out and has side of his face bandaged up. Mankind doesn’t even wait for the bell before charging at him as they do the usual great back and forth brawling. Mankind continues to take some nasty bumps, he takes the rail bump just like the Austin gif but this time it’s Taker shoving him that way into the steel rails. Taker who face is still fucked up tries to end this early he goes for either the tombstone or the snake eyes but Bearer climbs onto the apron to distract him, which works and Taker drops him as he tries to grab Bearer. That allows Mankind to hit Taker in the face with the urn and takes over working the face/eye area. JR says Vader isn’t here because he’s in Kuwait waiting for a judge to review his case, then Lawler says “HE’S DOING TIMMMMMMMMEEEEE! HARD TIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMEEE!” :lmao AWESOME MOMENT! Taker starts making a comeback so out of desperation Mankind grabs a glass of water and smashes it in Takers' face, but he’s not done Mankind then hits him with a steel chair. Vince questions why the ref has not called for the bell, but fuck that. DIVING ELBOW TO THE FLOOR! Mankind goes back to the face and rips off the bandages exposing the discolored flesh, Piledriver gets two. Taker begins to mount a comeback, as the ref gets bumped Mankind applies the mandible claw as another ref comes down Mankind gives him the claw. Mankind then brings the steel steps in, BUT TAKER FUCKIN’ DROPKICKS THEM BACK INTO HIS FACE! He’s not done, he absolutely kills Mankind with a chair shot to the head. He then goes to throw Mankind out but he does the “Foley” bump catching his neck in between the ropes, Taker goes to shove him off but while doing so pulls his mask off. Mankind gets onto the apron but TAKER HITS HIM WITH THE FUCKIN’ STEEL STEPS AND MANKIND GOES HEAD FIRST INTO THE SPANISH TABLE HOLY SHIT! Back in the ring, a chokeslam gets two, so Taker hits the Tombstone for the win.
After the match; Taker goes after Paul Bearer and brings him into the ring, Mankind goes for another fireball but that Taker moves and the fireball spot is botched. They try to do it again and again the fire doesn’t go off :lmaolmao So Taker improvise and beats both men up before grabbing the lighter and plays with it for about a minute and finally gets it to work before throwing his own fireball right into Paul Bearers face. Fantastic match, awesome REVENGE SPOT, even of it was botched and looked fake but Taker made it work by just throwing it in his face. ***1/2

C5roCqq.gif
EaWPGKe.gif
AS4BAOB.gif

WWF In Your House, May 11th

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews the Hart Foundation, Bret says this is WAR! He doesn’t know who's more unforgiving he or the American fans. He says he’s going to make an example of Stone Cold, he’s already beaten him twice but that’s not good enough. He’s gonna cripple or maim him tonight. Then I’m gonna destroy everyone else in the WWF.

Bret Hart comes down with Owen and Bulldog, but refs rush down and send them to the back.

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Ahhh the forgotten Bret/Austin match, great fight to start it’s not as good as the Mania one but it’s really good. Austin wins the brawl as Bret tries to grab anything to buy time, he tries to introduce a chair but Austin grabs it away, he goes to use it on Bret now but Bret dropkicks him into the ref knocking him out. That allows Bret to use the chair on Austin’s injured knee wearing it down before targeting it. Bret’s vicious and relentless, and Austin does a great job selling. They do two of my favorite heel spot in a matter of seconds, 1st the figure four around the ring-post. Then using a steel chair to hit the injured leg while it was still wrapped around the ringpost. Sadly fuckin’ Austin no sells it, until Bret kicks away at the knee, Bret smartly takes off the knee brace exposing the knee for more punishment, go back and forth, Austin continues to show heart but he gets too easily distracted with the ref count or something else which would lead to Bret kicking out his knee again. Cool spot Austin goes for a piledriver but his knee gave out on him, he falls back correctly but Bret doesn’t land on his head more on Austin’s leg and Bret goes back to work on it. As the match proceeds to move along he forgets the knee, which is sorta disappointing as it’s like 80% of the match. Bret hits a superplex off the top but when he goes for the Sharpshooter, Austin whacks him in the head with the knee brace and locks in his own Sharpshooter. Owen and Bulldog rush down which forces Austin to break the hold, refs try to hold Owen and Bulldog back as again Austin has the sharpshooter applied but this time Bulldog gets in and absolutely nails Austin in the back with a steel chair for the DQ. After the match; Bret brings in the ring bell but Austin hits him in the leg with the steel chair and again applies the Sharpshooter until refs and officials pull Austin off. Bulldog and Owen pull Bret out and help him to the back, as Austin celebrates in the ring. Great hate filled fight, obviously not on the level of SSeries or WMania but still a great way to end the trilogy. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That Foley bump was insane and what could've been a classic was botched with that flash paper that wouldn't light, I think Taker burnt his hands on that too. Why it wasn't mainevent really isn't helping Taker on a ppv that bares his name.

Bret's knee was already fucked by this point.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 206
April 21st, 1997
Binghamton, New York

Vince McMahon is in the ring and brings out Stone Cold Steve Austin; King announces that later tonight it will be Bret/Austin in a street fight. Vince then announces on May 11th it will be Austin/Taker for the WWF Championship. Austin tells him to shut his stinking hole; it’s not about the PPV. It’s about Bret Hart, last night the whole world say me whip his ass with his own Sharpshooter. So, all he wants tonight it for Bret to come out. Don’t worry about your crap attire, it’ not about wrestling. I just want to beat your ass back to Canada. He gives him a minute to come out, we even get a clock countdown on the tron lol. Austin says he knew Bret never had the guys, but Bret, Owen, and Bulldog appear on the tron. Bret says he’s learned one thing and that’s his family is too good for the American public. The American wrestling fans just care about blood; he then accepts Austin’s challenge. He asks how Austin gets a title shot, but says he'll send him straight to Hell. Austin says if he's going to Hell, Bret's coming with him, and Austin walks off.

Tonight: Ahmed/Sultan, Ken Shamrock challenging Mike Tyson, Vader being hostage in Kuwait (day 9 :lmao) & Undertaker/Hunter

Backstage: Austin walks around looking for Bret, While Bret is pacing back and forth in his locker room.

The Sultan (w/The Iron Sheik) vs. Ahmed Johnson
Ahmed found the baby oil again, but this time mixed it with water. Dude is looking glowed up like a motherfucker. AHMED HITS AN AWESOME Scissors kick; Sultans control was pretty meh I hate how the Piledriver means absolutely nothing. Like he hits a dope one and Ahmed looks dead but instead of going for the cover he does some shitty taunt then waits another 10 seconds befoe covering. Ahmed’s comeback is fine, a couple of powermoves but he gets distracted when the nation come out on the ramp, Ahmed grabs his 2x4 when he sees them coming down. He hits the Sultan with it for the DQ. And continues to beat him with it after the match. *3/4

Backstage: Austin is now pacing back and forth in the hallways, he then finds the Hart Foundations room and Austin tries to kick it down but it’s locked. Pat, Jerry, and Dave or is it Mike Hebner keep it shut.

Vince announces that Ken Shamrock will take on Vader, No Holds Bared on May 11th :mark: Ken also joins commentary.

They show clips of Vader attacking a Kuwaiti reporter for asking if wrestling is fake; lol @ Taker just watching as this shit happens :lmaolmao Ken says he doesn’t like bullies, and he has a problem with Vader and on he will put an end to him. WAITWAT?!?!?! Is Ken on the reporter's side? King asks him about Mike Tyson, Ken says he always gets the question “oh who would win a fight between you and Tyson” Ken challenges him, to a fight and says that hard time he’s doing in prison will be nothing compared to a hard time he will be in if he gets in the ring with me.

Street Fight: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart
Bret’s slowly makes his way down the ring, with an obvious limp. He stalls a bit which allows Owen and Bulldog to come through the crowd to attack him. It’s 3-1 until Shawn Michaels runs down with a steel chair he swings but Bret avoids, but he connects with Owen and Bulldog and chases them to the back leaving it 1-on-1. Good slugfest, Bret is clearly hurting so it’s a punch heavy, he does however hit a piledriver before going to the floor and grabbing a steel chair. Bret puts the chair around Austin’s knee and goes for the PILMANIZE! But Austin moves and begins teeing off on Bret’s knee with the chair. He puts him in the Sharpshooter, and I guess the match just sort of ends with referees pulling Austin off of it. I don’t think the bell ever rang to start the match nor to end the match, so I don’t think this was an actual match or more of an awesome fight segment? Still dope and clearly the best feud on the show if not in wrestling in 1997.

After a commercial break; Owen and Bulldog are back in the ring screaming for help as Bret is in pain. Medics come out to tend to Bret.

Backstage: Austin and Monsoon get into a shouting match, Monsoon tells him to get out I guess kicking him out of the building for the night.

Tiger Ali Singh vs. Salvatore Sincere
LOOOOL Win the Kuwait cup and get hyped up for 3 weeks and have a jobber entrance then split screened because we care more for Bret’s knee injury and him being helped in the back more than you. Debut match :lmao Bret is being on a stretcher and is being tended to, even Vince asked to cut to that, I didn’t watch the match. I know Tiger won, though.

Backstage: Bret is now being placed into an ambulance, Owen screams to watch his knee. They close the door but the camera cuts to Austin in the driver's seat he begins attacking Bret, Owen, and Bulldog before being restrained :mark: The ambulance finally leaves with Bret in it and Owen and Bulldog say he’s gonna pay for this, BULLDOG SAYS THEIR GONNA KILL HIM! :mark:

Backstage: Owen and Bulldog go looking for Austin

Jesse James vs. Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man)
Out of all the matches that happen at the PPV, this one had to get the rematch smh. This goes on far too long and it’s equally just as shit as the PPV match. Can’t we just get to more Austin already?

Backstage: Austin and Michaels’ yell at one another as Monsoon tries to get them to calm down.

Backstage: Mankind is is in a boiler room, he says he flesh is hanging from his handsome face, held there by his very own hands. As we mad our way to the sanctuary, I could smell the stench of burning skin. And when he pulled his hands away, his face melted. But not one whimper was heard from Uncle Paul. Not then or later on at the burn unit. He never cried, he was so brave. BUT NOW! Thanks to the Undertaker he’s disfigured like me. Get well soon, Uncle Paul. I miss you.

The Undertaker vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Really long boring TV match, nothing really to write home about. It does pick up once Hunter goes to work on Taker’s injured burnt up face. This does go on for a long time, like 20 minutes and we only see Goldust with no paint on and Marlena sitting in the front row, wait have they been sitting there the whole night? Or just the past 20 minutes :lmao Mankind comes out with a FUCKIN’ BLOWTORCH! And he has the flames on, Taker looks scared and Vince drops the headset, Taker goes to fight him but Mankind hits him in the throat with a (gas tank, fuel tank) whatever it’s called. He continues to hit Taker with it. Mankind goes to turn it on, but it won’t light……………SUDDENLY TAKER GRABS HIM BY THE THROAT! And they brawl through the crowd to the back. Marlena begins attacking Chyna and Goldust attacks Hunter until refs break it up.

Vince is back in the ring, and out comes Stone Cold Steve Austin again for another interview. Vince says this has been a pretty eventful 24 hours for him, he must feel pretty good about himself. Austin says he told the world he would send him back to Canada and that’s what he did, the thing that gets me is I don’t see why everybody is so happy. Because none of you helped me do a damn thing I did it by my damn self loltweener Austin says you waive all your little signs Austin 3:16, he yells at Vince for jumping on the Austin bandwagon because there's money to be made and says he won't hesitate to knock him out. He says Bret Hart's done because of him, and there's still 2 to go, Owen and Bulldog has hell to pay. Vince tries to bring up The Undertaker, and Austin says Taker will have the coldest day in Hell on May 11th, and tells him to show up with his stupid little creatures of the night, and tells him to shine up that belt, because he's handing it over to Steve Austin. He says if anyone thinks he'll be a role model, they've got another thing coming. Owen and Bulldog come through the crowd and attack Austin, it’s 2-1, Vince tries to break it up but is shoved on his ass :lmao Shawn again with a chair makes the save. Shawn leaves, and Austin slowly pulls himself up, BUT BRIAN PILLMAN HOPS THE RAILING AND ATTACKS AUSTIN IN THE RING! He brings a chair in and just starts destroying Austin with chair shots. Referees get in, but Pillman chases them off. Pillman wraps the chair around Austin's ankle, but Shawn Michaels AGAIN runs back out with the chair and Pillman bails to end Raw.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Should just rename this RAW is STONE COLD! I swear out of the hour and a half, Austin got 30-40 minutes of air time.
tVmF89K.png

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That "organic" Austin push. 8D

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 207
April 28th, 1997
Omaha, Nebraska

Recap of RAW is Stone Cold last week, they even added the time to all of Austin’s antics e.g the Street fight happen at 8:32 pm then at 8:42 pm he attacked Bret in the ambulance, anyway the whole recap is like 3 minutes long.

Brian Pillman comes down to the ring; he already has a mic in hand. He says, he knows there’s a lot of preconceived notions about who he is. And he knows people think he’s crazy, but he’s here to tell you. There’s a sensitive side to him. He’s also deeply religious, and after replaying the carnage of raw over, and over in his mind. He’s become deeply disturbed. He didn’t know what he did was right, but thankfully the spirit of truth has guided him to pray and to pray for all our misgivings. And right now, he wants to ask everyone to join him in prayer; bow our heads, close our eyes and join him. “I’d like to pray for Bret Hart, that he may have a speedy, quick and successful recovery. I’d like to pray for all those people that enjoyed last week’s brutal show, and I’d like to pray for all who exalted in the devious actions of Stone Cold Steve Austin. May you be forgiven as well, and I’ll like to pray for the million across the world that savior for the bloodthirsty violence that pervades out society.” Lastly, he prays for the complete destruction of Steve Austin and that he may be stricken down tonight so that he may never again practice his evil. Brain then says he wants everyone to open our hearts and minds and let Bret Hart in and calls him the savior of the WWF. Austin then appears on the Tron and says, he hasn’t got much to say and not even Bret Hart can save him. Brian then sticks his ass out and says an eye for an eye :lmao Austin then comes out, but Owen and Bulldog try to sneak him from behind but Austin sees it coming and avoids everyone before leaving through the crowd. Pillman asks for a moment of silence as their prayer continues! He says the family that prays together stays together, and they get on their knees. Austin comes back down the ramp with a wooden axe handle, and all 3 now run off. Looooooooooooooooooooooooool Brian couldn’t get over the rails so Austin did that chase him and caught him but pushed him over so it looked like Brian managed to escape.

Backstage: Brian is still praying that Bret doesn’t get injured anymore tonight as he’s on his way to the arena to see Owen/Rocky for the IC title and Bulldog/Taker in a none-title match.

Flash Funk vs. Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man)
This goes a couple of minutes, it’s not bad because Funk is really good at flying around before bumping for a minute or so. The match ends Honky tries to get involved but instead, Funk sends Billy into him knocking him down, he then hits a ‘rana with a pin for the win. After the match; Bill smashes the guitar over Funk's head.

Backstage: Owen, Bulldog push Bret in his wheelchair.

Vince McMahon is in the ring, he announces that this past Wednesday Bret Hart had knee surgery. But he has something on his mind so he wants to come out and speak to us. Owen and Bulldog wheeled him out to the stage, Bret says e says he knows where Pillman is coming from, and he respects the hell out of him, but no matter how much any of them pray, every once and a while, a slimy good for nothing hyena gets through and kills the top lion. Well hr just wounded me. But all of the praying in the world won’t help. But he doesn't just blame Austin because hyenas hunt in packs, so he blames all of America too. He says around the world, other wrestling fans still appreciate heroes, and American wrestling fans are a laughing stock. He says he didn't deserve what happened last week, and they want blood dripping and bones snapping because they're a sick and depraved society. He says he had to lower his standards to prove that he is the best, and asks if America is sick of that one. They cheer, and he says that's how the rest of the world feels about America :lmao BRETGAWD! He says he’ll be out of commish for a while but he’ll be back. He says scum like Austin and Michaels will be in a hospital by the end of the night.

Clips air of the LOD breaking Henry Godwinn's neck on Shotgun.

Backstage: Austin is still walking with the ax he asks where the first aid room is.

WWF commercial with some old guy pretending to be Vader and Mankind.

Legion of Doom vs. Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon
In a pretape, Furnas and Lafon cut a promo about not knowing why they haven't been accepted by the WWF fans. Another short one so they run through all the spots with no bullshit. The match ends when LOD go for the Doomsday Device but Furnas dropkicks Animal knocking him and his own partner down, but that allows Hawk to come off the top with a clothesline for the win. After the match; JR interviews Doug and Phil, they say being in America LOD have the home-field advantage every night and getting tired of it, he then says he was the illegal man and they want a rematch.

On Shotgun Saturday, the Headbangerz try to run train on Sunny.

Backstage: Ahmed apologizes for his actions last week. But then says he should expect it as you expect me to go in against two guys by myself. IF YOU WANT A GANG FIGHT! YOU GOT IT! YOU WANT ME TO GET CRAZY I GET CRAZY! I’M A GANG MEMBER REMEMBER DAT! :lmao

Backstage: Owen, Bulldog, and Bret are plotting, the camera then cuts to Brian still praying but now he has Owen’s Slammy awards in hands.

Owen, Bulldog, and Bret come out, Owen then leaves them on the ramp and heads down to the ring. Owen then dedicates the match to his loving brother Bret.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart vs. Rocky Maivia
Rocky does some basic babyface work to start, Owens control isn’t much better he switched from working the head to the knee, but I’ll give him a pass cause the knee work was really good and brutal. Rock’s selling is terrible, he then just forgets about it and kills any hopes this match has. The match ends when Rocky goes for a superplex but Owen counters it into some sort of roll-up I think it’s the Oklahoma roll for the win. After the match; Bret holds the tag titles, IC titles, Euro titles and the two Slammy awards on his lap.

Backstage: Austin is in a wheelchair and is wheeling himself around.

Vince McMahon is in the ring and brings out Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin comes out he has the ax in one hand and the wheelchair in the other. Austin kicks Vince out of the ring and sits in the wheelchair, he says who wants to see a wheelchair match, and calls Bret out to fight him wheel to wheel. Wait, he takes that back I’m a liar I’ll probably come out the wheelchair and stomp a mudhole In your ass and walk it dry. He says this is all designed by the Harts because the last thing they want is Steve Austin as WWF Champion, but on May 11th, The Undertaker will see the coldest day in Hell, no matter how many Harts he has to go through, he'll whip The Undertaker's ass. You're looking at the next WWF Champion. Bret is on the tron and says, that ambulance that I arrived in, well your gonna be in it come the end of the night, all busted up in pieces and that’s the bottom line.

VADER IS BACK IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Shamrock video package.

Jesse James vs. Vader
Goes about a minute, Vader toys with him as JR rants about him being a bully. VaderBomb gets the win. After the match; JR then leaves to interview him. JR asks him if he has any remorse for embarrassing the WWF and his family for what happen in Kuwait? Vader says he went to do a job, a job he does very well so as far as regrets. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING! I APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE! JR asks if he over acted, Vader says he’s gonna finish that interview in Kuwait, right here right now. He will not stand here and be insulted. He moves in on him, but Ken Shamrock comes out and takes him down, and Vader leaves.

Backstage: Goldust tells Marlena to stay in the back because where he’s going is no place for a lady.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Goldust
Hopefully, this is the end of the feud because it’s not evolving or progressing at all. Chyna puts the boots to Goldust on the floor until Marlena comes out to watch on I guess. Vince says Mankind was suspended for a week for trying to use a blow torch. Goldust makes a comeback but again Chyna gets involved which leads to Marlena throwing power in her eyes, Hunter goes to check on her but she thinks It’s Goldust and chokes him out. I wonder if Hunter liked to get choked in the bedroom :hm: Hunter is counted out or Goldust is counted out because he and Marlena ran through the crowd. So bad.

The Undertaker appears on the tron, he says no man deserves to have the flesh burned off his face, but there is an old saying the one who covets the flame ends up being burnt. He says Austin may have some momentum but if he comes in distracted he will leave in a wheelchair.

Backstage: Brian is praying for Bulldog tonight.

Commercial of a Kid acting as Stone Cold.

The British Bulldog vs. The Undertaker
Bulldog dedicate this match to the man that introduced him to his wife and dedicates this match to Bret too. This gets maybe a minute or two, nothing really happens Taker chokeslams him but Owen runs down for the DQ. It’s a 2-1 until Austin makes the save, they run Bulldog and Owen off. Austin then grabs the WWF title and celebrates with it. He and Taker go face to face until Austin gives him the stunner. Austin begins to taunt him, but Taker recovers and chokeslams him. Austin pretty much no sells it and rolls to the floor where he sees Bret on the stage alone. Austin says he'll get Taker's ass later, and goes for Bret! Bret gets up on his crutches as Austin gets there, BUT JIM NEIDHART ATTACKS AUSTIN FROM BEHIND! Refs rush out to pull him off and Bret hits Austin with the crutch breaking it but more importantly, Austin falls off the stage and is out cold.

TJFmOrD.gif