WWF Raw, PPV's 1997 Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Champion: The Undertaker
WWF Intercontinental Champion: Owen Hart
WWF Tag Team Champions: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
WWF European Champion: The British Bulldog

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 208
May 5th, 1997
Green Bay, Wisconsin

Recap of the Hart Foundation/Austin awesomeness.

The Hart Foundation make their way down to the ring, god bless Owen he has all 4 belts and his 2 Slammy awards with him too. Bret is wearing an oilers Jersey under his sweet HART Foundation jacket. Bret says, first of all, he just wants to say thank you to all my fans around the word for their support, he wants to thank Brian Pillman for his heartfelt words, he wants to thank Owen for dedicating his IC title win to him. He thanks Bulldog for thrashing Taker in the name of the Hitman. Jim Neidhart for coming up on that stage, while Steve Austin was only seconds away from throwing him off the side. He says America would love it if Austin got his hands on him because they're a violent and awful society. People boo, so Bret says they can dish it out but not take it. He says the great American scum Steve Austin probably isn't even here tonight because he hasn’t got the jam and he’s nothing more than a stinking hyena. All you American wrestling fans hate me, but that’s okay because I hate you and I know you’re all jealous of us. We got all the gold, Anvil even has gold in his teeth. He calls this group his dream team and says now that they got rid of Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels is next.

Backstage: The Hart Foundation are walking

Ahmed Johnson vs. Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man)
Ahmed is wearing sweatpants, this is awful Billy just uses punches and kicks and Ahmed is even worse than usual. Ahmed smashes the guitar over Billy’s head for the DQ.

Backstage: The Hart Foundation bust into the jobber's locker room looking for Shawn, Owen claims he’s in the ladies room.

Ken Shamrock video package with a sit-down interview.

Vader vs. Goldust (w/Marlena)
Ken Shamrock joins commentary, this is good. Vader uses the power game early but Goldust brings the awesome uppercuts and strikes, shades of 2002 Goldust :mark: Outside of that this is a total Vader squash, he hits the Vader bomb and covers for the win. After the match; Vader challenges him to get in now, and spits at him. Ken gets in and takes him down but Mankind makes the save but so does Goldust and the heel retreat. JR announces Paul Bearer is back next week.

JR sit down interview with Dustin Runnels and Marlena. Dustin says his dad was everything he wanted to be, but as time went on it sold old and he wanted some of this attention. He says he never got a chance to step out of his dad’s shadow, so he had to reinvent himself. Finally, when he got to do something new, he never got the respect he deserved. He talks about Razor refusing to work with him, and how much that hurt. JR asks if he’s finally gained his dad’s respect he says he doesn’t know he hasn’t spoken to him in 2 years but hopes he has and the people can learn to respect him. Part II next week.

Backstage: Hart Foundation are waiting outside the men's locker room and jump a man, it’s not Shawn but they continue to beat him up anyway.

The Nation of Domination are in the ring, Faarooq says he’s got 3 of the baddest men and Crush is gonna pick them apart.

Crust (w/Nation of Domination) vs. Jobber, Jobber, and JOBBER
Crush dismantles the first two geeks, then 3rd comes out and it’s clearly Ahmed in a Packers jacket but he has the female tights over his head :lmao He hits the pearl river plunge and covers for the win. He then unmasked to reveal himself as Ahmed Johnson, and the Nation are shocked, confused and dumbfounded.

In the parking lot; The Hart’s are still looking for Shawn they are looking underneath cars :lmao

Vince introduces Shawn Michaels. He says he doesn’t know of care where Steve Austin is. If Austin thinks can fight a pack of wild dogs like the Hart Foundation, good for him, but he's coming after them too. Not to help Steve Austin, but to hurt them. He says the in thing in wrestling seems to be to insult the fans, but the thing is I don’t follow trends I make them so looks like I’ll be sucking up to the fans. He says the search is on for him, but he’s not hard to find. He says they might run in a pack, but the Clique runs in a herd. Vince asks Shawn when he'll be back in the ring, Shawn says he will return to action at the King Of The Ring in one months time. Vince talks about Bret and Shawn’s bitter hatred, Shawn says “wouldn’t it be something different to see him get beat up” Shawn says he’s heard him cut down the American public each week but he has no problem collecting those American checks. Shawn says if he doesn’t like it he can leave and says if he has to, he'll run through every Hart Foundation member to get to Bret. Bret appears on the Tron, he says Shawn found his smile and doesn’t think his knee was even hurt. So if he has the JAM take on Jim Neidhart tonight. Jim comes out and they get into a brawl but Owen and Bulldog run out for the 3-1. LOD make the save and the Hart Foundation bail.

Backstage: Shawn Michaels grabs a chair and goes on the hunt for Bret.

Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon vs. The Legion of Doom
This goes for a few minutes it’s nothing to write about, just here to fill time. Owen and Bulldog come out to distract LOD, Owen hangs Hawk up on the middle ring allowing Doug to pick up the win.

Backstage: Shawn is trying to fight Jim and Pillman………BUT AUSTIN IS HERE AND HE FIGHTS OFF THE HARTS.

The Undertaker comes down to the ring, I should note they’ve mentioned it all night but someone has stolen the WWF title out of Taker locker room. Taker says he is the WWF champion, the belt belongs to the creatures of the night. The belt someone has stolen from me, well, understand this, you may have the belt, but you are no champion. What you are doing is playing a deadly game, a game you cannot win. He says his patience is wearing thin with Steve Austin, he has chosen a bad time to cross his path. He says by the end of the night the soul that stole the belt will pay and pay dearly and as far as Stone Cold is concerned he respects him but it will be a cold day in hell before he becomes the WWF champion.

Rpreq2l.gif

Sunny comes out in an Austin 3:16 shirt to help sell it, DAMN she looks amazing tonight.

When RAW went off the air last week, Austin kicked and screamed off the stretcher and refused help.

The British Bulldog vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Nice hot brawl to start before it noticeably slows down. Bulldog works the head, neck, and occasionally back after last week's fall of the stage which is smart. Out of the 8 or 9 minutes, I swear 4 of them was spent in a Bulldog headlock. The two commercial timing also didn’t help, but they never took it out of first or second gear really. Austin never really has a comeback he just hits the stunner outta nowhere for the win. After the match; Owen and Jim run out with the stolen WWF title and begin hitting Austin with it. LOD again make the save, Doug and Lafon to maybe save but instead LAFON and Owen start fighting :lmao Shawn Michaels comes out to help, and The Undertaker then comes out. The babyfaces clear the ring, and Austin uses the WWF Title to run Owen off. Taker grabs the belt from Austin, and they stare each other down before they start brawling to end the show. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF in Your House: Cold Day in Hell
May 11th, 1997
Richmond, Virginia

Commentary: Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler

Flash Funk vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Kinda out of the blue, but I ain’t mad at it. Funk works the arm early as just something to do I guess, it doesn’t mean anything as the match progresses. JR announces the Hart Foundation has purchased 5 front row tickets for tonight's show. Hunter baits the ref in allowing Chyna to attack Funk from behind allowing Hunter to take over. He begins working the head area, he gets aggressive and shows shades of his Triple H ’99 main event style. At one point Hunter knees Funk off the apron and he goes face first into the steel part of the ramp. Hunter goes up top but takes too long which allows him to make a brief comeback, he then heads up top but Hunter knocks him off and finishes it with a pedigree for the win. After the match; Chyna picks up Funk and drops him ball first onto the top rope. ** - **1/4

JR Interviews Ken Shamrock, he says he’s focused and in his zone. So earlier today Mankind and Vader attacked him in the locker room. He says not even the attack will break him out of his zone.

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Rocky Maivia, he asks did success came too soon for him. Rocky says yes maybe it did but at the same time he’s learned a lot, this isn’t about his destiny it’s about his determination.

Mankind vs. Rocky Maivia
They show early signs of chemistry and it by far Rocky’s best match to date. Mankind is super aggressive and is methodical in his beating. Rock finally starts showing a mean streak and does the famous talking smack before hs dishes punishment. He does the not named yet “Rock Bottom” on the steel grating of the ramp for two. Mankind takes some awesome bumps really goes above and beyond in trying to make Rock look tough. The match ends when Rock makes the mistake of going up top for the crossbody but then he connects Mankind rolls through and applies the mandible claw for the win. **1/2

VJBOEdJ.gif

Backstage: Todd Pettengail interviews Ahmed, Ahmed says the odds are always stacked against him and if Faarooq was any kind of man he would go first but he knows he’s not but he knows someone is going to the end.

The Nation Of Domination vs. Ahmed Johnson
Before the match, Monsoon comes out and kicks all the other Nation members up to the ramp way and even the other members up the ramp to ensure it stays one-on-one. Crush comes in first, it’s terrible. Why do all black wrestlers do the scissors kick? This goes about 6 minutes and it’s just shitty moves, shitty strikes and rest holds. I think Crush might be Blue he hits a piledriver and then tries to signal for the Nation to come down for help. Once Ahmed gets up he hits a spin kick for the win. Savio who allegedly hurt his ankle limps down, they do some stuff and it’s shit, Savio picks up a chair and hits Ahmed in the throat for the DQ. He continues to assault Ahmed with the chair and Faarooq comes down, he toys with Ahmed for a bit but almost gets pinned with a schoolboy. Ahmed hits the Pearl River plunge but is too worn down to cover right away so Faarooq kicks out at two. He then hits the dominator for the win, and now Ahmed must join the Nation.

Clips air of the Vader/Shamrock brawl on RAW.

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Vader, he asks him about the attack earlier and Vader says he was just playing with the boy, and with his mind. ABC calls him the most dangerous man they said nothing about the WWF. Vader says Ken knows nothing about pain or Vader's pain game because it’s time IT’S VADER TIME!

No Holds Barred: Vader vs. Ken Shamrock
The rules are, No Pinfalls, win by submission or knockout. You can also have a standing Knockout. The feeling out process to start is great, Ken delivers some stiff kicks but Vader throws on insane right hand that if Ken didn’t duck would have murdered him. Ken is still having trouble adapting and is no holding back at all, and Vader is coming to the end of being “VADER” It’s weird seeing Vader having to retreat and needing a breather, bailing to the floor every 20 seconds. Vader finally gets a stiff shot of his own with a sweet clothesline. The real problem is every time this gets going Ken would go for a submission and slow it down. He does take a nasty bump to the floor with a Vader front suplex. Vader control is awesome, he uses his body as a weapon and just beats the shit out of Ken. Vader misses the moonsault and begins his comeback he begins kneeing Vader in the face and one caught him right in the nose his nose was already bleed but this one damn…………..BUT NEVER MIND THAT VADER FUCKIN LIGHTS HIS ASS UP WITH A PUNCH HOLY SHIT! Ken then locks in the ankle lock out of nowhere for the tap out.After the match; The ref helps Vader to the back. STIFF BRUTAL MATCH! **3/4

N4AfNSU.gif

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Stone Cold Steve Austin, Austin says he doesn’t care about the Hart Foundation being at ringside. All that means is once he gets done whipping Taker ass he’s gonna send all 5 of them back to Calgary in wheelchairs. He doesn’t know if Taker saw the weather, because Hell is about to freeze over, and that's the bottom line.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker
Before the bell rings the Hart Foundation come down the ramp, wait they bought tickets and get to come down the ramp? SHIT! I should get that treatment when I turn up to those bogus house shows. Like I’ve said before they two have awesome chemistry at everything except when the bell rings. IDK What it is, but it never clicks this is possibly their best match ever but it’s still not the greatest. LOL About a minute in Austin stops fighting Taker just to roll to the floor to starting beating up Owen. Taker then takes a few shots at him and Bulldog :lmao They brawl for a few minutes which gets me and the crowd super hype but then ruin it by trying to work a wrestling match, I don’t want to see two of the best brawlers and punch throwers exchange side-headlocks. I WANT A FIGHT! Esspessilly after the Vader/Shamrock, I want the violence to continue, they then go to Austin working the knee in very Bret Hart-lite assault. Taker sells during the work then just forgets and moves onto his own knee segment, don’t get me wrong it smart to work on both men’s weakness but cmon if neither are you are gonna sell it what’s the point? They go back and forth with both guys connecting with low blows, Taker hits Austin with a chokeslam but Austin rolls to the ropes so he doesn’t get pinned. Austin then hangs him on the top rope and connects with the stunner. Pillman hopes the rail and rings the bell, everyone is confused and Taker sits up. He then hits the tombstone and covers for the win. After the match; Owen, Bulldog, Brain and Jim all hop the rails and attack Taker. Austin sees Bret alone, he tips Bret over out of the wheelchair and grabs a crutch he then makes the save in the ring before hitting Taker with a stunner, Taker sits up and Austin bails as Taker storms to the back after him. **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shamrocks promos show us why they hired writers.

That match was dope tho, I really liked the contrast to the rest of the wwf style.

Austin and Taker just didn't mean at all.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 209
May 12th, 1997
Newark, Delaware

The show opens with the Hart Foundation coming out on the ramp, Bret says he’s surrounded himself with the best the WWF has to offer. He would take these men into the mouth of death to face the devil. WE ARE THE HART FOUNDATION! Last night, the more I think about it. It’s pathetic that all you people paint me as the bad guy. If you really wanna know who the bad guys are, take a lot of yourselves. You like to cheer scum. Stone Cold Steve Austin, now there's a real hero, full of worn over Texas clichés with barnyard overtones. This guy is nothing but a stinking hyena, it’s fine for him to jump everyone from behind but as soon as it happens to him you guys are screaming for justice. What kind of hero would pick on a guy in a wheelchair? The fact of the matter is, Stone Cold is a loser. Bret says as far as the WWF title is concerned, Taker shouldn’t get attached to it because it’s coming home. He says he has a big surprise, but people won't stop yelling at him, so he has them wheel him out.

Tonight: Undertaker/Savio Vega

Ei6MG4M.png

King Of The Ring First Round Match: Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Ahmed Johnson
Ahmed is super over tonight and seems to be motivated now that the Nation feud seems to be behind him or that Hunter mid-card bumping is back. Ahmed goes shoulder first into the turnbuckle which leads to a pretty uneventful Hunter control period, anyway Ahmed hits a huge spine buster but Chyna comes in hits him in the back for the DQ. Hunter and Chyna try to run away but Ahmed catches them at the ramp and they brawl. *1/2

Vince McMahon is in the ring and Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out, Vince says last night was one hell of a match. Austin says he doesn’t want or need him kissing his ass right now. Austin says he’s not gonna make any excuses Taker dumped him on his head and won the match. But this is the point, Steve Austin will be the world champion. Austin who has a crutch with him and says if Bret has any guts he would take it from him, he calls Bret a liar and a complete piece of human trash. He says he knows all about snakes, and you kill a snake by chopping the head off the snake. But he's not going to chop the head off this snake, he's going to have a little fun with it. He's going to start at the snake's ass, without question that's Brian Pillman. He says he carried his ass in the bush leagues, but right now, his ass is his, and that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Leif Cassidy vs. Scott Putski
Putski is Ivan Putski’s son, they try to hype him up but he’s trash as hell and Leif is shit too, it’s all shit, NEXT!

The Legion of Doom vs. The Nation of Domination
FUCK yeah, Faarooq picks PG-13 for the match :lmao they get absolutely murked. Doomsday Device gets the win. The Nation walked out on PG-13.

Mankind comes out on the stage, he says he brought a great flame to the Undertaker and his goal was to permanently scar him, but his goal was completely successful and he tried to finish it at In Your House. If he has a problem with what I’ve done, I’m a big boy, take it out on me. But instead, you took the cowards way out. You took a man who loved you, uncle Paul you ruined him for the rest of his life. Uncle Paul is here tonight, but he’s self-conscious so I’m asking you all to show some respect when he brings him out. He brings out Paul Bearer, with his face all bandaged up. Mankind says he knows Uncle Paul has some news that will shock the world, Paul yells THE FIRE THAT SINS MY FACE! THE PAIN! THE BOND WE HAD HAS NOW BEEN SEARED! He says he'll give Undertaker one more chance to join him or he'll tell the world a secret that only they know, come back or I will hurt you.

Vince McMahon is in the ring and out comes Faarooq, Vince announces that he is the #1 Contender to the WWF championship HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THIS FUCKIN COMPANY! Faarooq says it feels great, he says it’s his time to become champion, he asks when was the last time the WWF had a black man champion. NEVER! That’s right you’ve had token blacks be IC champs, you people don’t feel a black man is worthy to be world champion but you do feel a black man is worthy to clean your car, clothes and raising your kids. You see we are no longer complaining we are taking over. Vince says this has nothing to do with being black, Faarooq says it has everything to do with him being black when was the last time a black man even got a shot at the title. He says he'll make the white savior The Undertaker is a dead man, Vince says these comments are racist and Faarooq says he didn’t come out here to be a role model but some little black kid is sitting at home watching this and feels my pain, we are taking things into their own hands now. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! :lmao

Savio Vega (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. The Undertaker
This is pretty meh, Savio works the knee Taker doesn’t sell. He hits the Tombstone but the Nation runs in for a DQ. After the match, it’s a 5-1 beating and Faarooq starts whipping him with a leather belt.

OH SHIT! ROB VAN DAMN! AND THEY HAVE THE ECW THEME SONG!

Lawler is in the ring and says he is the only one that has the guts to tell everyone how terrible ECW is, RVD says ECW is low budget and low on talent. Lawler calls him MR. Monday Night.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
RVD showcase and Jeff bumping is awesome as usual, RVD hits the five-star-frog splash then the split legged moonsault for the win.

Part II of JR’s interview with Dustin; JR asks what’s next, Goldust says he just wants to have fun and entertain the people. Goldust’s goal is to turn it on and put on a show. He says family comes first, and he has to let go of the past and has to because of his daughter he tells a story of him seeing her in the crowd and how much that meant to him. Dustin talks about if his dad is watching, he wanted to be just like him but when he got the chance to become a wrestler he did but the shoes were too big. But now he’s Goldust and no one does Goldust like he does. He just hopes his dad is proud of him.

The Undertaker is on the tron, he says he wants to take the time to address Paul Bearer. He says certain events are better off not seeing the light of day, and as for Faarooq, he must now go into his vault of souls and recover a demon to help him do battle with the Nation of Domination.

4 Team Elimination Tag Match: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog vs. Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon vs. The New Blackjacks vs. The Headbangers
This is a mess, a minute in Windom clotheslines Lafon and pins him. Then during the commercial break, Doug and Phil hold Bradshaw’ leg and the Headbangers pin him. Owen and Bulldog do what they can with the Headbangers but it isn’t good at all they do that false pin with Owen’s leg being on the rope as he counts to 3 so the match continues. Headbangers get way too much offense in, like way too much. Bulldog wins with the Running Powerslam. *3/4

After the break, the Hart Foundation is in the ring. Bret tells everyone to shut up. He asks the Hart Foundation to go to the back because he wants to do this on his own. Time for him to be a man, and do it by himself. He says he knows Steve Austin is in the back, and if he comes out here, he’ll have his pack of lions rip him to shreds. He says he wants that gutless little poser Shawn Michaels to get his ass out here. Shawn comes out, Bret says there was a time when I could just stand you but now when I look at you, I realize I hate your guts. The reasons why you make me sick. Shawn starts taking off his shirt and jacket, so Bret says to make himself at home since he's used to being hot and cold. He says it finally hit him, all of Shawn's arrogance and confidence, that's what all these Americans love and symbolize. They think they're better than the rest of the world and look down on every other country, but it's not true. He says Shawn is rotten and corrupt, just like America, and just like America, Shawn hates anyone who tells him the truth about what he is. He says he's never gotten over Shawn screwing him out of the title, just like the WWF and the fans that helped him get away with it, and when he came back, Shawn you never had the guts to face me as a man. You were too busy posing for girly magazines, dancing and kissing all the girls. SHAKING YOUR ASS AND MAKING YOURSELF A HORSES ASS! Bret calls him a degenerate. But the biggest thing that upset him was that Shawn didn’t have the guts to face him at WrestleMania. The million dollar question, that’s all it was Shawn it shouldn’t concern you how much I get paid or what I do with my family. What should concern you if you believe in your heart if you think you are as good as me……………RAW GOES OFF AIR?!!?!?! Or to another commercial cause when we return Bret is still talking but now he’s standing and Shawn superkicks Bret takes this great bump over the wheelchair. That Hart Foundation comes out and beat the shit out of Shawn on the ramp. Austin comes out just in time as Bulldog was gonna throw him off the ramp.

AWESOME! WWF Main Event scene is amazing, just a shame the rest of the show and angle are the WOAT!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You trying to say Scott Putski wasn't one of the all time goat midcarders?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 210
May 19th, 1997:kane2:
Mobile, Alabama

Recap of the Bret/Shawn superkick after the show.

Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out; he joins JR in the ring. Austin says he wants to address his actions from last week, first he doesn’t give a rat’s ass about Shawn Michaels the only reason he came out last week is because the Harts turned their backs on him. Shawn is lucky I came out because he got his ass kicked. He will go through the pack with or without Shawn and if you think for a split second……….Out comes Shawn. Shawn says it wasn’t too long ago he did the same thing for him; he didn’t do it to save him. He did it because he hates the Harts just as much as he has. Shawn says he has been thrown off ladders and cages long before Austin got here. Austin tells him he better leave before he kicks his teeth down his throat, Shawn says he might just stun him and stomp his guts in……….AND THEY Begin BRAWLING! Referees and agents break it up. Suddenly, on the Tron Owen says their idiots and stupid for fighting the same cause and one another, he then issues and open challenge Shawn/Austin vs. He and Bulldog for the tag titles next week. Shawn says accepts but he says he will find his own partner, Austin then says he will find some piece of crap who is 75lbs our 75 years old to be his partner because he doesn’t need a partner. They go back and forth some more before another brawl breaks out.

JR says it will not be Vader vs. Crush tonight, Vader is here but he has broken nose in 4 places in the match against Ken Shamrock.

Crush (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Jerry Brisco says Hunter was not told the rules properly so to avoid legal terms he was allowed to take this match with Vader being out :lmaolmao this angle That was the highlight because it’s all downhill from here, terrible heel vs. heel match, it lacked direction and was just slow and uneventful. The match ends when Savio accidentally kicks Crush after Hunter ducks the kick and covers for the win lol. After the match; Savio and Crush get into a shoving match, but Faarooq rushes down to smooth things out.

Owen Hart (w/The British Bulldog & Jim Neidhart) vs. Bob Holly
LOL BEFORE THE MATCH THEY INTERVIEWED SOME REDNECKS CHEERING ON BOB HOLLY! Lawler then shows his own interview and he picks the most redneck/hillbilly man and his son ever, he then asks the dad if you got divorced from your wife would you still be brother and sister and the guy waited for about 10 seconds, and said yeah only when Lawler had to make the save :lmao Bulldog and Jim go to the top of the ramp for some odd reason. Owen carries this, it goes about 4 minutes or so he plays the over cocky heel which allows Bob to roll him up for the upset win.

Recap of Takers comments about Paul Bearer threatening to snitch.

Video Package of Sunny blasting Jim Cornette with a super soaker.

Backstage: Shawn Michaels is with Ken Shamrock, JR Asks if Ken is his guy. Shawn says this is a dangerous environment we’re in so you pick the most dangerous man in the world. Ken says he’s honored to be Shawn's partner given the lack of experience and he will take care of Bulldog you can count on him. Shawn says all he needs Ken to do is be himself, the world's most dangerous man.

The lights go out and JR says it’s some technical problems due to the huge storm their in.

Jerry Lawler shows highlights of RVD’s match last week and says Paul Heyman has now blocked him from coming back.

Leif Cassidy vs. Scott Taylor
Scott is still green and Leif is nowhere even close to being good enough to carry someone, he does take an awesome bump off the Alabama slam. Leif then goes for a suplex but Scott rolls through for another roll up upset win.

Backstage: Stone Cold Steve Austin busts in Sable room and as she’s half naked with just an Austin 3:16 shirt to cover her tits. He asks if she wants to be his partner, then says no lol. She says to close the door so Austin closes and then opens it again pretending he didn’t hear :lmao

Backstage: Bret is here :mark: and is talking with the rest of the Hart Foundation.

Vince McMahon now joins commentary for the 2nd hour.

The Hart Foundation come down to the ring, Bret is no longer in a wheelchair and is in full jeans and not in jean shorts anymore GOAT COMING BACK SOON! Bret tells the fans to do him a favor and shit up, it’s not too much to ask for. Americans love this freedom of speech but last week Shawn Michaels wouldn’t even allow him his free speech, it’s typical that all you rednecks and the rest of the American scum won’t allow him his free speech. Last week, your great American hero proved he no better than Steve Austin. That he has to take it upon himself to hit someone in a wheelchair, but I guess that what makes him an American hero. Bret says he doesn’t think anyone wants to team with Shawn. Everyone wants to know what his big surprise is? Shawn Michaels the boy toy, he’s announced he’s recovered from this “knee injury” and he will be at the King Of The Ring. Shawn Michaels, somebody else a real hero, and a real man will be back at the King Of The Ring. AND THAT’S ME! Against everybody's considerations, Bret then issues an open challenge to Shawn to a match at the King Of The Ring. If he can’t beat him in less than 10 minutes, he promises to never wrestle in the USA ever again. Shawn shows up on the Tron and says Bret couldn't even beat him in 60 minutes, so he'll probably just have his gang help him out and he wants them all at ringside. Shawn says he one stipulation all of the Hart Foundation are handcuffed to ring posts. Shawn says Bret can't go 10 minutes in ANY situation "AND EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE HAD SOME SUNNY DAYS LATELY, YOU STILL CAN'T GET THE JOB DONE!" :hm:

Goldust (w/Marlena & Dekta) vs. Rockabilly (w/The Honky Tonk Man)
LOL, they gave the kid a live mic and she bumbles and fucks up all her lines. And the shit matches continue. Billy is so bad, Goldust’s antic are super turnt up tonight clearly trying to scar his kid. Lawler shits on him for it the whole match it’s hilarious. Honky tries to use the guitar, but Goldust takes it and hits him with it for a DQ. Even though he wasn’t even in the match WHAT THE FUCKIN SHIT!

Backstage: Ahmed Johnson says he’s gonna say the truth, first Faarooq is a liar, racist, and a cheat. But you know, what, what he said last week was the truth. When was the last time a black man got a shot at the title? But he’s not going there, a racist is an ignorant. People love him because he tells it like it is, and he will be the first black champion in WWF history.

Backstage: Steve Austin tells Harvey Whippleman to stand on the apron and be his partner since Gorilla says he needs one. Brooklyn Brawler runs up and yells at Austin to pick him, so Austin beats him up and forces Harvey to be his partner.

Rocky Maivia vs. Faarooq (w/The Nation of Domination)
Awesome foreshadowing as Faarooq tries to get Rock to put his fist up embracing the Nation but he refuses. This goes about 2 minutes, it’s probably the best match on the show but it’s still trash. Rocky still finding himself, he’s added the Rock Bottom but it’s just a false finish, signature move at this point. Faarooq hits the Dominator for the win. After the match; Crush and Savio want to beat on Rocky, but Faarooq stops them and orders them to the back and away from Rocky.

Backstage: The Hart Foundation is beating up Bob Holly.

Vince McMahon is in the ring and brings out The Undertaker, Vince asks him about last week and Paul comments. Taker says he would take this time to talk about Faarooq, last week he played the race card. Well, I’m not the white savior I’m not white, I’m not black what I am is the reaper of wayward souls. And when it’s all said and done, and your wondering why you’re not the champion it won’t be because you’re black it will be because you can’t beat the Undertaker. Vince again asks him about Paul Bearer and Taker says this is not the time. Paul Bearer appears on the Tron, he says to remember when they buried his parents, and he promised he'd never let that secret out. He says that fire has opened up some old wounds and now it's his time to burn him. Taker asks him to wait and Paul says he'll open up Pandora's Box, and Taker says to give him time. Bearer says he'll give him 7 days, and if not it will all be over. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Jim Neidhart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Cool 20-second brawl before the Hart Foundation come out, Pillman joins commentary. The match goes about a minute or 2 before Austin goes after Pillman so Pillman breaks the wooden crutch over Austin back. It’s a 4-1 assault until Shawn makes the save with a steel chair. Bret Hart comes out on the stage to watch, and JR gets into the ring. JR tells them that it will be Owen/Bulldog vs. Austin/Shawn next week for the tag titles. Both men argue about it before getting into another brawl. YEAH! And that's how we end the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is RAW: Episode 211
May 26th, 1997
Evansville, Indiana

Tonight: Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog for the Tag Titles & Undertaker/Paul Bearer

Stone Cold comes down to the ring, Shawn Michaels follows and is in the San Antonio attire :mark: JR then joins them and asks if they can put aside their differences and coexist. Austin saying he is the captain and if Shawn follows they will be alright. Shawn says they don’t have to like one another all they gotta do is kick some ass. LOD come out and challenge them to a tag title match if they win. Shawn accepts.

The Legion of Doom vs. Brian Pillman & Jim Neidhart (w/The Hart Foundation)
Bret isn’t in a wheelchair or on crutches, but he is walking with a slight limp. Not long now till the GOAT is back in the ring :mark: This isn’t the best, Brian bumps well but he’s clearly not the same Brian from a few years ago before the car crash and Jim, well he still looks pregnant and doesn’t do much. LOD do the usual run through everyone offense and no-sell everything. LOD go for the doomsday device but Owen and Bulldog attack for the DQ. After the match; Austin and Michaels makes the save. Michaels goes for a baseball slide but accidently hits Austin leading to them brawling again.

Backstage: Paul Bearer says he’s not stupid and has all his bases covered. If anything happens to him the secret still be exposed, and this evening, Undertaker the clock is ticking you either come back with me or the secret will be revealed.

D-Lo Brown vs. Bob Holly
Faarooq joins commentary; he talks about racism the whole time. As for the match, D-Lo bumps well before squashing Bob. He wins with the Liger Bomb.

Backstage: Undertaker tries to cut a promo but no audio so Vince has him cut it again :lmao He says he’s got 2 weeks to worry about Faarooq but not he has an hour to make the biggest decision of his life which could affect him for the rest of his life.

Backstage: Jerry “The King” Lawler cuts this amazing promo, he says it seems our sissy friend is having a little identity crisis. First, he was Dustin, now he's Goldust, and he's trying to be King of the Ring now. We all saw you with tears running down your face, wondering why your old man, Old-Dust doesn't love you anymore. Well, I know Dusty Rhodes, and he told me why! It's because you married the biggest gold digger in Georgia, then you put on a women’s' wig, THEN YOU RUN AROUND KISSING MEN LIKE A FLAMING FAG! Well, let me tell you something their all gonna have tears running down their face tonight. Bring that gold digger to the ring, and bring that brat Dakota with her, because they'll all cry tonight. “What'd you name that brat? Dakota? SHOULD HAVE NAMED HER TARGET, BECAUSE EVERYONE IN ATLANTA HAD A SHOT AT IT!" HOLY FUCKIN’ SHIT!

King Of The Ring First Round Match: Goldust (w/Marlena) vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
This is fuckin’ great, the best raw match in like 3 weeks. Tons of hate by both men. This also has some of the best working punches by two of the top 5 punches in wrestling history, Lawler hits a piledriver but Goldust no sells and comes back with one of his own. Lawler slows the pace down, slowly picking Goldust apart with chokes and punches. Goldust’s comeback is good but it last like 15 seconds, on the floor Marlena slaps Lawler then In the ring, he suckers Goldust in befoe sweeping the legs and putting his feet on the ropes for the win. After the match; Goldust chases Lawler up the ramp and punches him down the ramp, Lawler takes this hilarious roll bump all the way down and Marlena steps on him as she walks up the ramp. ***

Backstage: Stone Cold and Pillman brawl, but it was a trap as Owen and Bulldog jump in. They beat him down before Pat Patterson and officials break it up.

Backstage: Stone Cold barges into Shawn’s room and Shawn looks like he got beat up or is on pills. They argue about looking out for each other's backs.

Flash Funk vs. Rocky Maivia
This happens for a few minutes, it’s nothing special. Some nice counters before those fuckin idiots the Headbangers come out and join commentary UGH! The match ends when the Headbangers start beating up both Funk and Rocky but the ref doesn’t call for a DQ, Then one of the Headbangers hits Funk in the head with a boombox allowing Rocky to hit the crossbody for the win. After the match; Rocky and Funk talk about what just happen before hugging.

Backstage: Bret Hart says Shawn Michals got what he wanted, the Harts handcuffed and a 10 minute time limit. He says 10 minutes is all he needed to show him just how real he is. Pillman says a true friend knows everything about you and Austin I hate your guts, And I;m gonna do what should have been done years ago pull your head out of our ass. Bulldog says Austin put 15 stitches in his eye the other night. But tonight I put this title down your throat, Owen says they will expose them for the losers they are.

Ken Shamrock comes out for commentary.

Vader vs. Ahmed Johnson
So let me get this right one week ago Vader’s broken nose stopped him in his KOTR match, but this week he’s cleared to wrestle even though the first round matches are still going on? Couldn’t they just reschedule the match? They try to make up some bogus storyline that Vader has challenged Ahmed to this match and if he wins he gets Ahmed’s spot in the semi-finals of the KOTR :lmao HOLYSHIT! Ahmed has found the baby oil, Water but added the white tapped fists gimmick. The trash talking and pie facing to one another start the match was fun, they have a couple of nice sequences like Ahmed ducking and dodging Vader punches, but, it’s just a shame Ahmed’s punches look like complete shit. Vader does some stuff but runs into a spinebuster and Ahmed covers for the win. **

Backstage: Paul Bearer says like sands through the hourglass Undertaker, so are the days of your life. The secrets is burning a hole inside him. He’s had it on his conscience for so long now. It’s got to come out. In just a few words he will do what no giants, warriors, and immortals could do. He will bring him to his knees. It won’t be long.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Rockabilly (w/The Honky Tonk Man)
Another lackluster heel vs. heel match, no direction. It’s just two guys doing moves and shit Honky tries to get involved but Chyna slams him on the floor, then in the ring Hunter hits the pedigree for the win.

Backstage: The Undertaker says sometimes in life, we are forced to make decisions that we do not want to. But we have to. So, Paul, you do what you have to, in turn, I will do what it is I have to.

Sable comes out with one of those blow-up King Of The Ring chairs, Vince then tries to sell it like this is QVC. $59.99 + $11.00 S&H :lmaolmao:lmao

WWF Tag Team Championships: Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog (w/The Hart Foundation)
Shawn wastes no time by hitting a sloppy dive through the middle rope to Bulldog as Austin and Owen get started in the ring. Shawn and Austin control the pace as Shawn shows his insane freak of nature self by having no ring rust at all in the ring, insane speed, and strikes. The crowd pops for everything. Owen cheapshots Austin in the back and drops him chest first onto the steel rails leading to a Hart isolation period as we go to a commercial. All that shown is a side headlock before Shawn gets the hot tag but after about 10 seconds Bulldog press slams him and drops him crotch-first onto the top rope. Bulldog and Owen, not iso him it’s a lot better than the Austin one, one because it goes longer and two Shawns bumping is phenomenal in this plus the crowd popping and cheering everything Shawn does anything offense, or counter wise is awesome and the way the air goes out the building anytime the heels would cut him off was even better. At one point, they do the tag behind the ref tag which he doesn’t see as Owen has him distracted. Austin eventually gets the hot tag and cleans house, the match breaks down and as Earl is telling Owen to leave the ring Shawn hits Bulldog with a super kicks and Austin falls on top for the win. After the match; The Harts minus Bret attack Shawn in the ring as Austin watches it, he sees Bret alone on the ramp and attacks him. He begins hammering at his leg until the Harts make the save. I think this was the first real hot, almost borderline great tag match on raw? Where the crowd was in it from bell-to-bell and the pace was super fast throughout even in wear down spots. Great stuff by all 4. *** - ***1/4

Backstage: Stone Cold is in his locker room, he says you ain’t gotta say a damn thing. Not only did he win the tag titles and got his hands on Bret but he did it all by himself. Shawn then busts in and says it takes two. I knocked out Bulldog. They argue some more and the camera cuts away.

Paul Bearer comes down to the ring, Vince then leaves commentary and joins him in the ring. Bearer says Takers time is now up, he gave him 7 sunsets and it’s burning inside him for years when Brother Love brought me into the WWF. He didn’t bring me off the streets, I’ve known you and your family for years. You know the secret. On that morning, on that cold drizzling morning. When I was standing over the graveside of your mother and father, I was the mortician that day. There wasn’t two graves. No. THERE WAS THREE!!!!!!! Taker storms to the ring, and says Paul I hate you with all that I am. I loath you. I despise you for what you’ve done to me and what you’re forcing me to do tonight. And although the hounds of hell may bay at the secret that your attorney will reveal because you’re not gonna be able to. I only hope the ones that love me. The ones that loved me in the past will be able to forgive what I must do tonight. HE GRABS TAKER BY THE THROAT………….BUT TAKER DROPS DOWN TO A KNEE IN THE OLD POSE AS RAW ENDS!

Last 30+ minutes of RAW WAS AMAZING!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Tag Team Champions: Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin

RAW is WAR: Episode 212
June 2nd, 1997
Huntington, West Virginia

Recap of last week’s Tag Match, with Vince doing the voice over.

The Undertaker comes down to the ring as Vince leaves the commentary to join him, he asks Taker to explain himself for last week. Taker says it’s very simple yet very complicated. It’s all about blackmail, not to protect himself but to protect the ones he loves. He will admit when he had Paul; by his fat next, he would have felt great to break his neck. But in reality, it wouldn’t have helped. He knows he won’t be going to hell because he’s living it now. Last week, innocent people from his past almost got hurt so he must take the path of Paul Bearer as his manager and he knows full well no one will understand and he is willing to accept that from his creatures of the night, but there is one thing…….Paul Bearer when your world comes to an end, I will make a deal with the devil to make sure you burn and burn in hell. Paul Bearer comes out and says Taker talks too much, maybe he should do some talking. He calls Taker his personal instrument of destruction and how dare he sneak down here and talk behind his back. He does what he says to do, whether he likes it or not. He says they will go one-by-one through the whole WWF roster and when they destroy them all HE WILL BE THE RULER OF THE WORLD……………….SID THEN MAKES HIS RETURN :mark: He says first of all FAT MAN! You don’t rule nothing, see I rule the world. And I rule the WWF until Mania when Taker beat him. He says there's no sense for asking for a rematch because Taker worse that belt with honor and pride, but see I had to lose some respect because if you’re gonna leech onto this fat no good leech and do what he says that makes you no better than him. So I WANT MY REMATCH! TONIGHT! Taker says he dropped him on his head once and he will do it again, he accepts the match. The Nation come out and Faarooq says this time next week a black man will rule the WWF and let me tell you this anybody that sells out to blackmail the way you did don’t deserve to be called champion and I will Punk you out at the king of the ring. Taker storms out the ring and stalks the Nation to the back.

Tonight: Michaels/Austin vs. LOD for the tag titles.

Backstage: Ahmed Johnson says he’s gonna be a player hater and he’s gonna take him out. Wait. wasn’t the stipulation at the last PPV that if Ahmed loses he would have to join the nation?!? What was hat whole 4 months build for?

Faarooq (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Ahmed Johnson
Jesus Christ, this gets a fuckin video package documenting the whole feud. They didn’t add that promo from south Africa when the challenge was issued that if Ahmed doesn’t win he will join the Nation, thanks, WWF. As bad as Ahmed is he really tries and he goes for it really aggressive but he’s just bad and awkward looking. Faarooq control is slow and boring, Taker runs out and beats up the Nation. Ahmed also joins in, Taker accidently sends Faarooq into Ahmed who goes head first into the steel steps. Faarooq smartly rolls him in and covers him for the win. After the match; Taker chases after Faarooq and the Nation run to the back, in the ring Ahmed and Taker have words and Taker chokeslams him before leaving.

Vince McMahon is in the ring, with the entire Hart Foundation. Bret is back on crutches :( Vince then brings in Austin and Michaels on the tron in separate rooms. Bret says it’s funny all these guys from Texas with their bad legs and excuses, he says Austin is the reason why he’s back on the crutches. Bret says the match at the KOTR match is off, he tells Michaels to blame that scum partner of his. Shawn says Austin left him last week in a 4-1 beating, and he can live with that but he took away the one chance he had to get rid of Bret. Austin says he doesn’t give a rats ass, and he will jump Bret everytime he sees him. They begin to argue again, Austin challenges to find and Shawn goes in search for him and finds him, but no brawl. Back in the ring, the Harts have a meeting of the minds and Pillman says they’re enjoying this some much that out of the goodness of his heart he’s willing to let the boy toy take his place in his match against Austin at the KOTR. Austin accepts the Shawn replacement match, but only if he gets to whip his crippled, raspy, hoarse voice ass on Raw the night after.

Backstage: Shawn calls Pat Patterson an idiot lol

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Bob Holly vs. Owen Hart (w/The Hart Foundation)
This goes about 3 minutes, Owen carries this to the best of abilities, this doesn’t do anything for me at all nobody sells it’s a bunch of moves the match ends when Owen blocks the ‘rana into a powerbomb and applies the Sharpshooter for the win.

Backstage: Shawn Michaels accepts the Austin match, he says he’s not doing this for Pillman he’s doing this for his partner and Pillman can have what’s left of Austin on RAW.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Goldust (w/Marlena)
JR announces that the winner of this gets a shot at Bulldog and the European title right here on RAW next week. The usual stuff here, the moves and striking are all fine but the feud lacks that heat and hate, like the Lawler match from last week, had. The match ends when Hunter accidently knee’s Chyna off the ring apron allowing Goldust to roll him up for the win. After the match; Chyna throws the ref out the ring.

Backstage: LOD says they will kick Shawn's teeth right down Austin’s throat.

WWF Tag Team Championships: The Legion of Doom vs. Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold Steve Austin
So before the match, Austin and Michaels are already arguing so LOD takes the time to snatch the belts out of their hands and pose with it. Well, that gets Austin and Michaels back onto the same page as they snatch the belts back and that’s that I guess. Should have gone right into a brawl. Shawn and Hawk start, Shawn bumps like only he can before Austin gets in leading to a big sweet brawl, LOD clothesline them out and the crowd now are hot :mark: just before we go to a commercial the Hart Foundation come down to watch on. When we return the Hart Foundation are gone, and we have some Animal/Austin interaction. The match is back and forth with neither team really able to maintain control for long periods of time. Austin and Shawn doing a phenomenal job working together showing that if they do put aside their differences they would be the best tag in the world. At one point Animal accidently hits the ref, and behind the refs back Austin his Hawk with one of the tag titles but Hawk kicks out at two. Animal gets the hot tag as the Foundation come back out, with Austin staring down the Harts, Austin grabs Shawn by the hair and they begin fighting again. All of a sudden the match is thrown out, as refs and officials run from the back to break it up. Apparently, it was ruled a count out smh. Other then that best LOD match in years could have been so much better with time and all the outside fuckery not existed. **3/4 - ***

Jerry “The King” Lawer comes out to join commentary

King of the Ring First Round Match: Savio Vega (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Mankind
Mankind comes out and the people pop, then all get on their feet cheering. AWESOME! Mankind takes some insane bumps which include the hair pull backdrop onto the steel ramp way. Savio then proceeds to take over on offense. Cactus clothesline as Lawler spends the entire match shitting on Mankind calling him a freak, so Mankind tries to fight him. Back in the ring Mankind applies the claw but as Crush tries to punch him Mankind moves Savio into the way and Savio gets hit, that allows Mankind to cover for the win. After the match; Savio and Crush get into another shoving match, but this time it leads to blows. Faarooq comes out but then turns around and goes to the back because he’s got a WWF title match to worry about.

King Of The Ring HYPE!!
King Of The Ring - Second Round Matches: Ahmed/Hunter & Jerry Lawler/Mankind
Taker/Faarooq
Owen/Bulldog/Jim vs. LOD and Sid
Austin/Michaels

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sycho Sid vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)
We get entrances before a commercial, once we return the match is already underway. This goes about 6 minutes, lots of striking. Taker kicks out of a Sid chokeslam before unleashing his flurry. Sid then resorts to this shitty under the chin rest hold he’s basically just holding his chin, Taker fights out and hits the flying clothesline then the Tombstone for the win. After the match; The Nation of Domination beat up both men and leave them laying as RAW goes off the air. *1/2

Go home shows still suck.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

9uaad8j.gif

WWF King Of The Ring
June 8th, 1997
Providence, Rhode Island

Commentary: Vince McMahon & Jim Ross

King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match: Ahmed Johnson vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Ahmed is super over tonight :mark: And the way Vince gets excited and yells AHHHHHHHHHHMED JOHHNNNSON! Is so awesome and corny at the same time. This isn’t the best, it wasn’t that good in the first initial match on RAW and it’s still not the best here. But, it is watchable and they tell a good story. Ahmed dominates early with the power so Hunter has to resort to stalling and illegal tactics to take over. Hunter heat doesn’t last long so Ahmed no sells and has his usual comeback, which includes the most awkward scissors kick. He hits the spinebuster and signals for the nd but Chyna gets on the ring apron, Ahmed is distracted which allows Hunter to hit the Pedigree for the win. After the match; Ahmed chases them to the back. *

Before the match; Mankind grabs a mic and says with Uncle Paul gone he would like this to be the biggest moment of his life, but Paul Bearer has more important things to do. I’m not about to let that stop me on my quest to be King of the Ring.

Backstage: Todd Pettengail interviews Jerry Lawler, Lawler calls him a moronic idiot. He says all he needs to do is take care of some business. On his way to the ring, he calls everyone some pee-on’s and rips people in the crowd.

King of the Ring Semi-Finals Match: Mankind vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
Nice brawl to start but it didn’t have that heat and hatred that the Goldust/Lawler match had. Mankind goes for the mandible claw early by Lawler bails and stalls for a bit, as the ref backs Mankind up Lawler goes into his tights and puts something around his finger. He connects with two punches and begins to takeover. Lawler punches away and even bites at Mankind’s half ear just to be a dick which is great. Lawler again continues to go into his pants for IDK if it’s a ring or like a bolt but he keeps hitting Mankind with it, Lawler gets more vicious as the match proceeds and Mankind takes nastier bumps. E.G the hair pull back bump, then the piledriver on the floor. In the ring, Lawler hits another piledriver but Mankind kicks out at two. Mankind makes a nice, comeback really selling the effects of the punches and the neck from the piledrivers. The match ends when Mankind backdrops Lawler out of a Piledriver attempt and applies the claw for the win. Solid. ** - **1/4

Finals: Hunter vs. Mankind

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Brian Pillman, he asks if Pillman is responsible for the match tonight and he says hell yes. He reeled that sucker right in, and he’s here tonight to give his support to his family and to see the boy toy violates Austin……….. Austin is waiting for him, though, he beats him into the bathroom and throws his head in the toilet bowl as we get toilet cam.

Crush (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Goldust (w/Marlena)
IDK why this is here, I really don’t care for it at all, Goldust is great when throwing punches but sadly it’s most Crust and his shitty stuff. He tries to work the kidneys it isn’t believable at all. All his punches look like his shitty Heart punch finish, so IDK I don’t care. Goldust wins with a DDT.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Sid & LOD, Hawk says revenge is a dish best served cold. Animal yells so much and I legit have no idea what he said. Sid says they don’t need to worry about him. BECAUSE, BROTHER. I AM THE MAN AND THE RULER OF THE WORLD.

Backstage: Todd Pettingail is with the Hart Foundation, Bulldog says they've beaten LOD and theirs no reason history won’t repeat itself. Owen says LOD may walk out with pretty little makeup on and funky little Halloween costumes, but that doesn’t cut it. We are family and it takes more than Sid to beat us. Jim says if Sid thinks he’s crazy he hasn’t seen anything yet. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! (Jim laugh)

The Hart Foundation vs. The Legion of Doom & Sycho Sid
These Hart Foundation jackets are so dope, I want one. Babyface team dominates for a good 5-7 minutes of the match to start, they beat on all 3 members of the Harts. Hawk goes his usual no sell a piledriver, before tagging in Animal. Thankfully after a chair shot from Jim on the floor the Harts takeover.it’s solid, I love the dynamic of Owen being the workhorse but whenever he gets into to trouble he tags out to the enforcer Jim or the powerhouse Bulldog. LOL Hawks tag lasts 7 seconds before Bulldog takes over again, he no sells everything and tags Sid in. The match breaks down and out of nowhere a botched sunset flip by Owen on Sid connects and he covers for the win. *3/4

Recap of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the 1996 King Of The Ring.

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Mankind, Mankind says Hunter better be driving a train and better be willing to run me over because I’m not going down for anyone, he says he just can’t wait to be king. HAVE A NICE DAY!

King of the Ring Finals: Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
I’ve probably said this like 20 times because that’s the number of times I’ve watched this, so I think this makes 21. But this didn’t need to go 20 minutes. Neither guys chemistry it at that point to where they have enough to fill out 20. Don’t get me wrong, it’s entertaining but if they would have trimmed out 3, 4 minutes maybe 5 it would have been a perfect. This takes a while to get going, solid back and forth control by both me but the crowd are super dead for it. Foley takes the head in between the ropes bump that looked so nasty, Hunter then begins working the back of the head and neck and it’s super vicious, shades of MAIN EVENT HUNTER! Mankind selling is phenomenal I think he botches a few times but JR and he cover it up as “equilibrium damage” They brawl onto the floor and Hunter is backdropped onto the concrete floor, he follows up with the diving elbow. Back in and Mankind connects with the double arm DDT but Chyna distracts the ref, Mankind then applies the claw but this time Chyna pulls him by his hair to the floor as the ref was busy asking Hunter if he gives up. Mankind begins to take some insane bumps, Hunter begins to get more vicious and enjoys the beating. Hunter HITS A FUCKIN’ PEDIGREE THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE! But Mankind gets to his feet he slowly climbs the up the ring apron, where Hunter has the ref distracted which allows Chyna to absolutely kill him with a SCEPTER shot to his back of his head………BUT HE STILL ON HIS FEET! SO HUNTER KILLS HIM WITH A FLYING KNEE AND MANKIND TAKES A BACK BUMP TO THE FLOOR AND HE LANDS ON ONE OF THE Photographers. Hunter rolls him back in and covers, but Mankind kicks out. He picks him up and connects with a pedigree for the win. Last 7 minutes or so was brutal and awesome. Mankind looked LEGIT and indestructible, Hunter looked vicious and such an asshole. Everybody wins.***

After the match; Hunter forces Todd Pettingail to present him with the robe and crown. Hunter then begins hammering the back of Mankind head with the crown until he stays down. Mankind begins moving and crawling his way up the entrance way, Hunter then stops Chyna and brings her to the back. AWESOME!

The entire Hart Foundation come down to the ring, Bret tells the crowd to shut up and says it’s just about that time. I will no longer be a cripple, not someone that can be bullied. The time is coming. He says he’s surrounded himself with the best the WWF has to offer. He says July 6th, the Canadian Stampede. That will be the time he makes himself available. He challenges 5 WWF wrestlers to a match that night. BRET CALLS IT IN YOUR HESE……….HOUSE! PAYBACK IS COMING :lmao Bret then joins commentary. FUCK YEAH! lol @ both Vince and JR offering Bret to take their place :lmao Brisco then comes out and forces Bret and the Foundation to leave. Damn.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Steve Austin, Austin says Shawn knows he is the captain of the team. He says he wants to keep Shawn around just for the belts because the belt comes with money. Austin begins walking and bumps into the HART Foundation who is being restrained by officials. Austin flips them off and says he’ll fight them once he gets back.

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews Shawn Michaels, Shawn says he knows what the Harts are doing one one hand he wants to rip Austin’s head off but on the other, he doesn’t want to because the Harts are making him do it. Shawn then makes his way to the ring wearing my 2nd all time favorite attire. It’s the black and white zebra one with the red. That shit looks amazing, really gay but amazingly gay.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels
About a minute in some mentally Handicap fan hopes the rails, Shawn attempting to be a good guy goes to check on him but Austin being the amazing asshole while Shawn’s back is turned Austin attacks him from behind :mark: Security has a hard time moving the kid, so Shawn stops the match again to help bring him to the back. Really good feeling out process to start, Shawn tries to outwrestle Austin to stop the brawling and that’s great way to not get punched in the face. At one point, Austin hits this sweet back elbow and does the Shawn pose :lmaolmoa but the dumb ass Cameraman would rather focus on the back of Austin’s head smh. Shawn continues trying to stop all of Austin’s momentum by resorting to wrestling holds, which end up frustrating Austin more. Shawn’s bumping and selling in this is tremendous, and Austin being a dick and the full heel by default is just great. Match has a lot of good back and forth to it, The match ends when Austin hits one ref and Shawn hits another when they try to maintain order. Earl Hebner then runs out and calls it a double DQ. GOD DAMMIT EARL. The 20 minutes flew by unlike the Mankind/Hunter match but just like that match they left you wanting more. After the match; Austin and Shawn both argue about the finish as they leave together but they don’t take their eyes off one another just incase it goes down. ***

Backstage: Todd Pettingail interviews Faarooq along with the Nation. Faarooq says they are looking at the first black WWF champion “Undertaker, don’t worry about Paul Bearer’s BLACKMAIL, you worry about this BLACK MALE” IT’S ALL ME! HOLY SHIT! THAT LINE :mark:

Backstage: Dox Hendricks interviews The Undertaker, Dox kisses Takers ass. Taker is about to speak but Paul cuts him off telling him to mind his own business, he says Taker will do what he says when he says.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Faarooq (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)
Ah shit. Microsoft Word did some weird delete thing that would allow me to undo, so I lost the full review. Nothing happen. The match was pretty shit, outside Taker’s placha from the old school position. Taker hits the tombstone and covers for the win. After the match; Paul Bearer keeps telling him to Chokeslam Faarooq, or he'll tell his secret. He does it many times, and Ahmed Johnson runs out. He yells at Taker to get it together but then hits him with the Pearl River Plunge. Ahmed leaves, and Taker soon sits up. He glares at Paul, and then just leaves as the show goes off the air. 1/2*

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Todd Pettingill was the woat and I'm glad you didn't spell his name right the entire review.

This is the start of Triple H, Mick Foley should be given a Christmas bonus for his entire life from GOD.

And Austin/HBK used the same superkick/stunner sequence at mania 14.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
the way Vince says it, he always pronounces the A. I didn't know it was gill :lmao FUCKIN' 5 months in deep i ain't changing.

Also, Word auto-corrects Hendrix's to Hendricks, and I can't be bothered to keep changing it back so I leave it.

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 213
June 9th, 1997
Hartford, Connecticut

Ahmed Johnson & The Legion of Doom vs. The Nation of Domination (Faarooq, Crush & Savio Vega)
So I guess Ahmed joining the Nation was scrapped then. This is the usual, everyone sucks. LOD no sell and run through everyone. This is mostly and angle to put over the dissensions between the Nation members. E.G. Mason has a convo with Crush and Savio as Faarooq tries to tag out so they miss it, Ahmed then hits Faarooq with the Pearl River Plunge for the win as Crush and Savio don’t help they just walk away.

Tonight: Austin/Pillman & Sid/Owen

Up Next: Bulldog/Goldust for the Euro title.

Vince McMahon is in the ring outcomes King Hunter Hearst Helmsley with Queen Chyna. Vince asks him why he did what he did to Mankind? Hunter says a year ago, you know and I know this should’ve happened then, I should have been the king of the ring a year ago. But because of you and your politics?!?!?! :lmao I never got my shot. No, why because of your game, your politics. What I did las night was take my career into my hands, out of your hands because you couldn’t get the job done. It’s my turn, no one in the WWF is ever gonna stand in my way again. This ring is my house, my backyard and if any WWF star wants to step in the door is wide open…………….on the Tron, Mankind is yelling “Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock” :lmao Mankind says he’d like admission to his house of pain and yells for a rematch. Hunter says he loved everything second of beating him down last night, Chyna says Mankind should come down and kiss her ass. Mankind says it’s her lucky day because he’s a good kisser. Mankind then comes down, as Mankind rolls in Hunter quickly jumps him and begins smashing his crown over his head. They leave, but Mankind is up quickly. He puts the crown on as he rocks back and forth sitting up, and Hunter is freaked out and leaves.

Sunny shows off the RAW is WAR t-shirt

WWF European Championship: Goldust (w/Marlena) vs. The British Bulldog
This is fine, no real story or anything just both guys slugging it out. They do the fake win finish with Goldust hitting the DDT but Bulldogs foot is on the ropes during the count, Goldust celebrates like he’s won after the 3 count and his music plays. The ref waves it off as we go to a commercial when we return the match is still going on but now it’s Bulldog back in control. Goldust makes a nice comeback but they brawl on the floor which leads to a double count out. After the match; Marlena slaps Bulldog twice which pisses him off so he grabs a chair. Marlena tries to shield Goldust until Ken Shamrock runs down to make the save. He and Bulldog has a staredown until Bulldog leaves. *1/2 - *3/4

Backstage: Faarooq leaves the Nation’s room pissed, he says he’s got something to say and he’s going to the ring. Dox then asks Savio what’s going on and Savio says he’s going back to the Puerto Ricans. Crush says the Nation is fine lol.

JR is in the ring with Faarooq, Faarooq says he created this Nation he wanted people in this group who would watch his back, and he took Savio from nothing to join this Nation. Faarooq fires Savio's ass right now. He says Crush wasn't going anywhere before he joined The Nation, and he's fired from The Nation too! He then fires everyone but D'Lo Brown, Faarooq says this is new Nation, and he challenges The Undertaker and Ahmed Johnson to fight them next week on Raw.

In the crowd, Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman make there was down the steps.

“The Most Exciting Tag Team in the History of the WWF” Doug Furnas & Philip LaFond vs. The Headbangers
This is enjoyable when Doug and Phill are on offense, Handbangers continue to add absolutely nothing to the show and the world. The match ends when Doug goes for a splash off the top but one of the Headbangers moves and Doug hits Phill by mistake, the other Headbanger covers for the win. Awful finish.

Backstage: Jerry Lawler is with Rob Van Dam, Lawler says he can’t believe he let Heyman and Trash Dreamer in. He says if Heyman gets involved it will be hell to pay.

Vince McMahon is in the ring and brings out Stone Cold Steve Austin. Vince shows footage of Autin beating up Pillman at the PPV last night. Austin says he's proud of it, and his only regret is that the toilet bowl didn't have some stuff in it. Vince asks about the match tonight and Austin says he's going to kick his ass until he sees fit, he's going to hit the Stunner, pin him, and finish up with him in the back. Vince then brings up Bret’s challenge of 5 on 5 at the next PPV. Austin volunteers to be the first man on the team, He says he'll stampede all their asses by himself if he has to, and if Gorilla tries to stop him, he'll beat his fat ass like he would Bret Hart's, and if it comes right down to it, he'll take pleasure in beating up Stu and Helen too. And that’s the bottom line because Stone Cold Said SO.

Lawler joins commentary but he has no voice, he blames it on Mankind mandible claw saying he got an infection from it. AWESOME!

Rob Van Dam (w/Jerry “The King” Lawler) vs. Flash Funk
This goes about 4 minutes so it’s way better than the ECW matches, cool moves, high flying. Some great offense by both men, RVD kicks out of a moonsault then hits the Split Legged Moonsault for the win. Good stuff. After the match; Heyman jumps the rails so Lawler absolutely beats the shit out of him. Some of the best STIFF punches ever. Dreamer gets involved and leads to a huge brawl. Officials and refs do their best to break it up. **1/2

6noknRF.gif

Ken Shamrock comes down to do commentary

Owen Hart (w/Jim Neidhart) vs. Sycho Sid
This is fun, Owen does everything to stick and move in the early going but Sid is too powerful. Owen uses Jim’s distraction to begin targeting Sid’s knee, to which Sid no sells. Ken keeps complaining about interference, and eventually gets up and takes out Neidhart with a belly-to-belly on the floor. Back in the ring, Sid chokeslams Owen for the win. *1/2 - *3/4

Sable comes out on the stage and helps sell the RAW is WAR t-shirt, she looks a million times better than Sunny did in it. Marc Mero comes out after and brings/drags her to the back. IT BEGINS!

Rockabilly (w/Honky Tonk Man) vs. Bart Gunn
FUCK OFF!

Backstage: The Hart Foundation is forming a plan, Bret not here tonight :(

So during Stone Colds entrance, the Hart Foundation jump him from behind.It’s a 4-1 beating until Mankind makes the save, officials, manage to pull the Harts off as Mankind rolls into the ring and takes Austin’s place in the match. Austin is also helped to the back, but also is confused as he looks on.

Brian Pillman vs. Mankind
So Vince says Bret and Shawn have both been kicked out of the building because of behavior and disorderly conduct. This goes about 4 minutes or so before the Hart Foundation runs down for the DQ. They all beat on Mankind, but Steve Austin runs out to fight them. Ken Shamrock runs out too, and they clear the ring. Austin then hits Shamrock with a Stunner, just because I guess. **1/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This ecw invasion really doesn't age well.

Lawlers shovel is strong here.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

WWF RAW is WAR: Episode 214
June 16th, 1997
Lake Placid, New York

Vince announces last week prior to RAW a fight broke out between Bret and Shawn, JR says Shawn will be out 4-6 weeks, and Bret did suffer some injury to his knee but he still will be ready to go at the PPV. Vince then says the tag titles will remain with Austin, but there will be a tournament and the winners will face Stone Cold and a Mystery partner of his choice.

Stone Cold comes down to the ring and calls for Vince to come in and interview him, Austin says the bottom line is this he doesn’t care if Shawn is his partner because he doesn’t need no partner. Mankind appears on the Tron, he says last week when Austin gave him the finger he felt the bond between them. So he wants to be the man. He wants to help Austin set the tag team scene on fire. Austin says he doesn't need no freak watching his back, Mankind says he can put an earring through his one ear and can shake his ass. Mankind says he knows Austin has a lot on his mind, so he’ll let him think about it. HAVE A NICE DAY! Vince then asks him about last week the beat down before his match, then the Stunner on Shamrock. Austin says Pillman is gonna get his ass whipped. Vince says it's Austin/Pillman tonight with the Foundation handcuffed to the posts, Ken Shamrock comes out and says he didn’t come out to help him……he just doesn’t like bullies and to him, he’s no different than the Harts. He says Austin will pay and he challenges him to a match TONIGHT! NO, Let's DO IT RIGHT NOW! Austin says when he gets though beating up Pillman he will kick the hell out of him too and that’s the bottom line.

Tonight: Austin/Pillman & Ahmed/Taker vs. Faaroow & ???

Backstage: Brian Pillman says Right when the HART’S let the fans know what they are all about, you Vince has the audacity to handcuff my comrades like common thieves. But the problem is you didn’t cut the cuffs on the convicted fallen.

Tag Title Tournament: The NEW Blackjacks vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Before the match, both tag teams cut generic split screen promos about winning the match and tournament. Pretty average and short heel vs. heel match, Blackjacks beat up Owen to start but Owen targets Bradshaw’s knee brace knee and tags in Bulldog who abandoned it and just does power offense. The match breaks down and Owen hits a spin kick behind the ref's back allowing Bulldog to cover for the win. *1/2

Video replay of the Nation’s breakup.

Backstage: Vince asks Taker about this new Nation and the differences he has with Ahmed, Paul Bearer cuts of Taker and says it’s not what he (Taker) wants, it’s what he wants. ME! ME! ME! He says as long as he holds that secret over his head he will do as he says, and if Ahmed knows whats good for him he will do what he says too.

Backstage: Ken Shamrock says he can’t wait to get his hands on Austin, it’s time to knuckle up.

Phineas Godwinn (w/Henry Godwinn) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna)
Huge sack of shit, poor Hunter he deserves so much better. Hunter wins with the pedigree after Phineas makes out with Chyna. After the match; Henry is pissed and blames Vince for this and his “broken neck” :lmao

Backstage: Vince asks Faarooq to tip his hand on this new Nation, Faarooq says did you say tip? Or pick? You know, I can bet you one thing. When they come together with me, you want me to say they’re cotton pickers, but they’re not :lmao He says we will see 2 new members tonight, right here on RAW.

Paul Heyman is on commentary, Sunny then comes out to do the ring announcing.

Interpromotional Match: Brian Christopher vs. Chris Candido
USWA vs. ECW! Fine 3-minute match, both men bump great for one another. JR baits Heyman into outing Brain as Lawler’s son, he begins to go on a rant which leads to Lawler and RVD coming in and attacking Candido for the DQ. It’s a 3-1 beat down until Dreamer with a steel chair makes the save.

Backstage: Ahmed Johnson says for the sake of us, I hope we can do it the easy way.

Backstage: Jim says he doesn’t like being handcuffed and doesn’t like being treated like a common criminal. He says he’s gonna show Goldust that crime pays.

Jim Neidhart vs. Goldust (w/Marlena)
This is a few minutes, nothing really happens. Bulldog comes out to stalks Marlena, she does go slap him but Bulldog sees it coming and grabs his hand, Goldust attacks Bulldog on the floor before in the ring he hits the drop down uppercut for the win lol.

Backstage: Austin says he’s got Pillman along with the Harts right where he wants them. He says he will run through them one by one, he says then he’ll rock Shamrock's world lol.

Brian Pillman vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (The Hart Foundation are handcuffed to the ring posts)
Bret isn’t here tonight after last weeks fuckery, Austin has this amazing grin during his entrance he’s like a kid in a candy store, he doesn’t know what to do. He taunts the Harts before going into the ring and brawling with Pillman. Austin dominates and does a good job carrying broken Pillman. I’ll tell you what, what Pillman lacks in skill he sure makes up for it in his bumping. Austin not only beats up Pillman but he takes the time to beat up every Hart member too. Pillman eventually gains some sort of break after using a cable cord to choke Austin with. Blood is flowing down Pillman's nose after Austin kicks a chair back into his face, so it looks like a broken nose. The match is a great hate brawl, at one point the ref says something to Austin so, Austin hits him with a stunner. Pillman busts out the shitty tape fist fuckery and hits Austin with it, but only gets two. The ref that was by Owen makes the count so Owen goes into the original refs pocket who ate the stunner and pulls out the key. He unlocks himself and hands it, Jim, Owen then attacks Austin for the DQ. 4-1 post match beatdown until Mankind, Goldust, and Ken Shamrock make the save. Everyone fights on the floor beside Shamrock and Austin, and they fight! LOD and Goldust run down to put a stop to it. Goldust grabs a mic and yells at Austin that this is what they want him to do. He says this is not the time or the place, he says looking in this ring we are the 5 that will challenge the Harts. Austin says he'll team with them one time because Gorilla won't let him do it by himself. **3/4

Backstage: Owen says the mystery is over and they are gonna treat them like the American scum they are.

Sable comes out to ring announce the next match, lol WWF just trollin this Sable/Sunny potential feud.

Bobby Fulton vs. Tommy Rogers
I have no idea why the fuck this is on RAW! This is fine, but just like the 205’er this year it’s hard to give a fuck about a match when you know nothing about the match or the two guys, JR tries his best in the 3 minutes they got to tell us any and everything about these two. But by the time he finishes the match is over. But just judging the match, it’s really fun. Both guys are crisp and everything is hit cleanly. It’s clearly the 2nd best match on the show so far, Rodgers hits the unprettier for the win. **1/2

Marc Mero comes down looking salty, Sable soaks in the cheers and makes Mero wait like the bitch that he is.

Tag Title Tournament: The Headbangers vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler & Rob Van Dam
Heyman and Dreamer again show up in the front row to watch on. Nice little Lawler and RVD showcase. The match breaks down and THE SANDMAN! HOPES THE RAILS AND HITS LAWLER IN THE DICK WITH THE CANE, allowing the Headbangers to hit some shitty front suplex off the top for the win. After the match; RVD brawls with Sandman and Dreamer.

Backstage: Ahmed, Taker and Paul Bearer are all standing by, Vince asks if they’re ready and Ahmed said he was born ready. Paul says he is the leader of the team, Ahmed says he respects Taker but if Paul gets in his way they will have some problems.

Everyone makes their way down to the ring and………………KAMA MUSTAFA is the Nation’s new member

Ahmed Johnson & The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. The Nation of Domination (Faarooq & Kama)
Right from the jump the Nation control and beat on Taker, Ahmed looks disinterested. Taker also doesn’t want to tag out, so it’s pretty much 2-1. Ahmed jumps off the apron and randomly shoves Paul Bearer to the floor, then in the ring, Kama hits I think it’s a side-belly-to-belly and pins Taker. After the match; Ahmed has a face off with the NEW Nation. The Nation leaves but AHMED HITS TAKER WITH THE PEAL RIVER PLUNGE AND CALLS HIMSELF A FAKE!!!!!! HE THEN WALKS UP THE RAMP TO THE OTHER NATION MEMBER AND DOES THE FIST!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!

JcRQ26j.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock