WWE World Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

So, for quite some time now, since the brand extension the WWE has had two major titles. Now although it seems like the right thing to do with two main brands, I'm really starting to see what a horrible idea this is. I was just on WWE's official web site and was browsing through the title histories to remind myself of who was champ during the 90's. When looking at the WWE Title I noticed something pretty scary. Since 2005, the only people to hold the title have been Cena, Edge, Triple H and Randy Orton. I'm not even going to count the transitional reigns of Jeff Hardy and RVD. Thats FIVE YEARS with only four different champions?????
Now, how can we expect young talent to get over if they are never allowed near what is obviously considered to be the top prize in the company? The WHC is passed off to any young superstar they deem ready for a world title run. Don't get me wrong, some big names have held the belt, I'm not disputing that at all. But I'm just starting to feel as if the WWE title has become almost untouchable except for the four guys listed above. Edge even had the majority of his reigns with the WHC, not the WWE title.
I know I'm kind of pointing out the obvious with this, but don't you guys think it's about time some new names are circulated into the WWE title scene? How can we expect to create new mega-stars when all they're given is what is essentially the runner up title.

xtremebadass

HOLY SHIT

Cena
Edge
Cena

RVD
Edge
Cena
Orton
Triple H
Orton
Triple H
Edge

Jeff Hardy
Edge
Triple H
Orton

Batista
Orton
Cena
Orton
Cena

ROFL

Reaction score
Throw the Wigger Belt in the trash and bring back the WWF style belt.

Oh and get some fresh blood in there.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
HOLY SHIT

Cena
Edge
Cena

RVD
Edge
Cena
Orton
Triple H
Orton
Triple H
Edge

Jeff Hardy
Edge
Triple H
Orton

Batista
Orton
Cena
Orton
Cena

ROFL

LMAO!! That's rediculous. Just shows how much faith they have in thier other wrestlers. WWE has been in dire need of new main event talent for a long time though.

Reaction score
Too be honest that not too far removed from the attitude era

just instead add stone cold the rock hhh and mankind

Reaction score
just sayin

Big Show and Undertaker got a few in there though.

Kane had a one day run, which was always stupid. He should have reigned at the very least, 3 months back before they let him talk, remove his mask and become a jobber to the stars like they did in 2002.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Well those mentioned are the four biggest names in the company as far as selling tickets. What's unacceptable is it's only four guys, that's essentially one main event feud on each show for all those years. The brand extension was supposed to push new stars to the main event and looking at those four it did. We've got Edge, Cena, and Orton all established main eventers. I think sometimes myself and everybody is a little hard on the WWE in terms on young talent. I hate waiting but it's what has to happen.

Edge has been a solid in ring performer for years before he got his break. Let's call it 7 years before his first World title. Cena and Orton's came quicker but even Cena had a longer layoff from his days of being insanely over to winning the world title.

Things need to change but young talent has to be slowly brought up into the main event. Maybe it's too slow for us but it's the nature of the business.

LKP

Well lol at the list. I think one name should be added to that list Jericho.

Great One

Too be honest that not too far removed from the attitude era

just instead add stone cold the rock hhh and mankind
Kurt Angle had just as many reigns, then don't forget Jericho/Big Show who had it enough to be included. Undertaker was mentioned, Kane is not really worth the mention. The Attitude Era at least new fresh characters and constant renewals, twists, turns, changes, developments in said characters which is what people who bring up this correlation don't tend to realize.

straight_edge76

HOLY SHIT

Cena
Edge
Cena

RVD
Edge
Cena
Orton
Triple H
Orton
Triple H
Edge

Jeff Hardy
Edge
Triple H
Orton

Batista
Orton
Cena
Orton
Cena

ROFL

And their was Cena's 13 month long title reign... One of the low points in recent memory imo

straight_edge76

That's possible but I do not see it being a smart move for the long term.