• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I doubt he'll win, but they could put the belt on him just for a test run. Cena is going to smash him

noumenon

Well, as I said in another thread. It's interesting when you think about it. It's almost as if they've taken the picks for the next big face and next big heel and given them to Cena and Orton respectively to train and put over.
I'm not too sure Cena is gonna run over Sheamus, at this point I think the guy is too important to Vince's long term plan of building young stars.
I'm sure most of us expected Orton to have destroyed Kofi by now, but it still hasn't happened. I'm not saying I'm fully convinced that Sheamus is going to be picking up the title from Cena at TLC. But factoring in that he doesn't need to pin him, only put him through a table, it could happen. By doing this they're also keeping Orton away from the title for now.
And assuming they're going with Cena/Undertaker for Mania, I don't see either of them going in to Mania with the Title. We're due for a major first WWE Title win at Mania this year and I'm thinking there's a pretty damn good chance it'll be Kofi (my pick for the Rumble this year).
Even if Cena and Sheamus do a title program for the next 3 months or so with Sheamus getting at least a nice 2 month reign I don't see the harm in that at all.

straight_edge76

Wow... I never thought of a 1st time WWE Champion being crowned at Mania. Kofi would be I think the only possible person to do that.

straight_edge76

I think he could be a legit RR contender and it would be about time a not already established star wins it

LKP

I think Kofi needs to talk more and get a little bit bigger. And new music.

straight_edge76

New music is needed lol but he is being pushed just about as fast as somebody can

noumenon

LOL, seriously... calm down, he's in the process of a major push. Getting bigger is the idea. And yes, no more palm trees and reggae for Kofi.

straight_edge76

Yeah, I think the music and the being billed from Africa will be slowly faded out I think a heavier less happy-go-lucky theme would fit Kofi nicely.

noumenon

Don't doubt WWE sticking him with that theme for quite a while. Look at how long they stuck Orton with that horrible Mercy Drive theme which he hated before they gave him some fitting music.

straight_edge76

Yeah that is true, but imo it fir his character in the Evolution/Legend Killer era. lol didn't he have Punk's "This Fire Burns" Theme for like a day?

noumenon

Yeah, Orton requested the song. So Vince went out and got the rights to it, and then didn't think it fit Orton so he wouldn't let him use it. He then gave it to Punk and Orton was pissed..lol. True story, he's said it in a few interviews. He expressed his hatred for his old theme many times, he even said he hated Voices when they first gave it to him but it grew on him... he wanted a metal song for his theme.

straight_edge76

Yeah I heard about him hating that "Burn In My Light" song and The KsE song didnt fit him and honestly It doesn't fit Punk's heel character "Even through the darkest day this fire burns always" not heelish imo. Don't get me wrong "This Fire Burns" is kickass but it doesn't exactly scream heel.

"Voices" fits him perfectly imo

xtremebadass

Don't doubt WWE sticking him with that theme for quite a while. Look at how long they stuck Orton with that horrible Mercy Drive theme which he hated before they gave him some fitting music.

HEY!

Burn in My Light was one of the greatest theme songs EVER

Damn I loved that song