WWE wants to build African American babyface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Actually, African American is a person who lives in American and speaks English but his ancestors are from Africa. As almost every single person in Africa is black they consider African American people black guys.
African American is the "Polite" way of saying "a black guy". Gabriel isn't black, ergo he cannot be the African American face of the company.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
African American is the "Polite" way of saying "a black guy". Gabriel isn't black, ergo he cannot be the African American face of the company.
It's another way to see it, but that's what I said. It's the polite way of saying a black guy because almost every single person in Africa is black. According to the dictionary the definition is something similar to what I said (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/american-english/african-american?q=African-American). I consider African American to every African guy or with African ancestors living in America

Stopspot

Reaction score
It's another way to see it, but that's what I said. It's the polite way of saying a black guy because almost every single person in Africa is black. According to the dictionary the definition is something similar to what I said (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/american-english/african-american?q=African-American). I consider African American to every African guy or with African ancestors living in America
But it isn't what WWE wants. They want a black, American male to fill the role Rey did with Hispanics. How could Gabriel, a white, African man fill that hole?

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
But it isn't what WWE wants. They want a black, American male to fill the role Rey did with Hispanics. How could Gabriel, a white, African man fill that hole?
Then Kofi can be a good idea too. He has everything, he's from Ghana and he's black. And he's the one in Night of Champions poster so he may get a push and he'll be the guy they're looking for.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd also pick Titus. Could see it being Big E, Woods or maybe even Kofi though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
WWE clearly has Big E in mind, for better or worse.

This news sucks tbh, makes me think Big e has a better chance of picking up a win vs DZ.

edit: Or maybe if I were being optimistic it means AJ could accidentally cost Big E the match and result in him leaving her/turning face.

#moreturns

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Have Titus keep his gimmick and put him over the heels,he'd most likely get over with the crowd.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Titus is old and a shitty wrestler lol. I get he is a dope boy but no way is he being built as the face of anything.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I thought they were trying to already do this with R truth... And failed horribly. :haha:

Stopspot

Reaction score

I still say this fly guy is their best bet. WWE already has him doing public speaking in regards to NXT.
TNA fans will remember him as Consequences Creed.