WWE wants to build African American babyface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There has been a call internally for WWE to try and create an African American babyface. The idea is to create him both to attract that demographic and to sell merchandise, similar to the role Rey Mysterio has played with the Latin community.

Wrestlinginc

Out of the ones on the WWE payroll now I'd say Langston or Xavier Woods have the best chance at being a long term investment. Xavier edging out Big E for me personally.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Put the tag-team titles on the Prime Time Players after a face turn for them. That could work.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Put the tag-team titles on the Prime Time Players after a face turn for them. That could work.

^ Just what I was going to say. Don't even have to turn them face, give the belts to PTP.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Xavier > Titus in my opinion. More charisma in Woods and a more entertaining style to him. Plus Woods has age on his side and he has a damn doctorate. HHH is high on the boy.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
I'd pick some African guy to be honest. Maybe Kingston or Gabriel. Gabriel is playing a babyface role right now so it's a plausible option + he was great when he was with Nexus.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'd pick some African guy to be honest. Maybe Kingston or Gabriel. Gabriel is playing a babyface role right now so it's a plausible option + he was great when he was with Nexus.
Gabriel isn't African American (A black guy). He's South African, probably of colonial roots.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score

By African American they mean black. It's just a politically correct way of saying it. Gabriel would not fit into these plans.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
9e98d94f330f13c9f357d8d7539f1204.jpg

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Gabriel isn't African American (A black guy). He's South African, probably of colonial roots.
Actually, African American is a person who lives in American and speaks English but his ancestors are from Africa. As almost every single person in Africa is black they consider African American people black guys.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
As far as the current roster goes, Titus O'Neil is the only option I can think of. He's also entertaining enough and he has a good look to him. Plus, that barking lol.

His age I don't feel would work against him either and the last I checked, Vince was said to be 'high' on him a while back.