WWE Unifying All Titles Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Lol, No they wouldn't. Your telling me that wrestlers would quit the BIGGEST company in the world and leave their multi-million dollar jobs just because they weren't getting a title to hold.

Batista quit because he didn't like the direction the WWE was going in.

OMG HE QUITE THE BIGGEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD, LOOLLLLLLL

It may have not been because of a title (though maybe he didn't like the direction the company was going because there wouldn't be a belt around his waist) but it isn't abnormal for people to leave big companies that give them nice paycheques.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Especially if that person is younger and sitting around doing nothing but house shows... They would want to be seen, its not all about the money for everybody.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I like it because it means since there are so many deserving people, feuds will be shorter. I don't like feuds to drag too long which WWE occasionally does when they do not know what the next big feud for that specific superstar is

TheAnswer

Reaction score
When was the last time the Miz even defended his championship? I know hes in a feud with Daniels but if it wasnt for Night of Champions when do you honestly think he would defend it next? When was the last PPV he even defended it?

Also the mainevent scene is about the same from 2002, except in 2002 they had a alot more over talent in the mainevent scene.

Lesnar, HHH, RVD, Hogan, Jericho, Benoit, Undertaker, Angle, Rey Mysterio,

One World title would not be the end of the world, but they really do need to just end the expansion. It served its purpose in 02 to start "competition" and give a bloated roster TV time, but now it serves no real purpose espicially with how much talent gets tossed around anyway.

Reaction score
honestly they should just remove all the belts, focus on feuds and then reintroduce the titles when it's nessecary.

Sick of seeing feuds that are only focused around the title. It's extravagantly ggay when they try and say the lesser titles are of value

Remove every belt? What's the point them being there? Every wrestler claims they are in the business to be WWE champ and headline WrestleMania. WWE Creative would have an extremely hard job if they were to book every match around a storyline not including the belt. I do enjoy storylines like the Ziggler/Kofi one where two stars are battling for the belt in an attempt to further ones legacy.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
To me the titles are meaningless. They have made the titles worthless by just handing the title over to someone to try and make them a star. IE Jack Swagger and Sheamus. Neither one of them DESERVED the World title at that time. They did not work as hard has Shawn Michaels did or as long as he did before he first won the world belt. And when he won it, it was a big fucking deal. Now though, the belt is just a prop. It really means nothing, they just give it to people who they want to be a star instead of the people who have actually earned it or deserve it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
True ^^ they give titles out to alot of people now a days. The IC title used to mean something back when it was like Michaels and Ramon fighting for it.. or Bret and Davey Boy Smith.. now Fucking Dolph Ziggler has the title -.-.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly don't see them unifying all the championships, but I wouldn't mind having the Divas on one show and the tag teams on another. Maybe even having one world champion. I honestly loved the 'Undisputed' championship idea back in 2002 and just have the IC and US titles as the main championships, and almost elevated to the level of a main event championship. Being the main focus of the show and having guys like Orton and Rey competing for them rather than just the world/WWE title.

I also feel that less titles would put more emphasis on the creativity of the WWE, or lack there of. They would have to focus more on non-title feuds. I kind of miss the days of mulitiple non-title feuds that people genuinely enjoyed. Over the last few years you haven't had many meaningful, non title feuds that were anything of note, mainly just lower card feuds with no real reason to get excited about, with the occasional exception (Orton/Taker, HHH/Sheamus, HBK/Jericho, HBK/Angle etc.) but with less championships there would be more of an emphasis on said style of booking.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I would like to see the unified titles being similar to the unified Tag titles. The champion(s) defend the belt on all the shows.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah Mike, I really loved it when the tag team champions (most recently) would appear on both shows. I used to love it back in 2002 when the Undisputed champion would at times wrestle on both RAW and Smackdown, and it was always a big deal which show was going to get the #1 contender for the Undisputed title at the next PPV

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Definitely. I liked the Undisputed title like you said. When they came out with that World Heavyweight belt it seemed like they just wanted to make another belt to give to HHH at the time.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Which really kind of ended the whole 'Top guy' feel that the WWE had at the time. Say what you want about 2002/2003 WWE, but the feeling of having one guy, who regardless of whatever brand he was on could walk onto any show he wanted, almost like he was 'above' the brand lines made for some cool television imo. It also made for a treu feeling of the brands being different companies almost, which is what I think the WWE wanted initally, but after the Undisputed title became the WWE title and the World title was brought back, all the cross branded stuff started and made the brand split pretty damn pointless (however, a few of the early cross-brand feuds were cool)