WWE Unifying All Titles Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

Reaction score
What's funny is that the Diva's Title is being unified... wasn't it just created a few years ago?

Reaction score
What's funny is that the Diva's Title is being unified... wasn't it just created a few years ago?

Which shows you exactly how hard the divas division has bombed as of late. There is NO diva division on the Smackdown brand and on the Raw show, The only divas that wrestle on a permanant basis are Melina, Alicia and Eve. 2 Years ago when the second belt were introduced, WWE had tons more talent (Mickie, Torrie, Serena, Beth Phoenix and others) but they don't have much at all now so going back to 1 title is a fantastic idea. The only question is whether any diva can appear on any brand or are WWE going to move LayCool, kelly and Rosa over to Raw.

WWE have too much talent and if they unified the WWE/World belts, There would be too much talent on the mid-card scene since people like Taker, Cena and HHH would want title reigns. The Undertaker/Kane storyline would never have the belt if it was unified. There's a reason why people like Sheamus and Kane can grab the belts now and that's because there's 2 belts now, not one.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Ending the brand split and unifying the titles is stupid shit unless they're planning on firing a lot of people.

Also, didn't read the thread but what they should do is unify the women's and world titles and save the IC/US titles to be the top belts on their respective shows while the world title becomes the top attraction and is more or less only defended on PPVs.

Reaction score
do is unify the women's and world titles and save the IC/US titles to be the top belts on their respective shows while the world title becomes the top attraction and is more or less only defended on PPVs.

That potentially could be good. There's two belts there that the current main eventers (That will be pushed down to mid-card) can look for. Except for a normal feud with someone, There'd be two chances for someone to get a belt and the belts would mean more since Miz has the US belt around his waist and it's not doing anything right now. If other wrestlers were to capture the belt and defend it often, Fans would be more interesed.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There's two belts there that the current main eventers (That will be pushed down to mid-card) can look for.

You don't push the wrestlers down to mid-card status, that devalues them. You raise the value of the IC/US belts and make them "main event caliber" while the World title is the "be all, end all."

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I think it is about time they unify the titles. There should never of been two of any titles in the first place. If there is just one title of each division then it adds value and prestige to it.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Negative.

Before the brand split wrestlers did not quit due to limited opportunities for a scripted television pro-wrestling championship. I don't mean to sound like Vince Russo, but the belt is a prop.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Yea but still, do you really think if they cut the competitors for each title in half by unifying them, people are going to get more oppurtunities and people are going to have long reigns? no.. i can't really imagine someone winning a title and then be happy about losing it a few defenses later just because theirs so many competitors..

Reaction score
WWE would lose alot of talent though just because guys would quit due to limited oppurtunity for titles...

Lol, No they wouldn't. Your telling me that wrestlers would quit the BIGGEST company in the world and leave their multi-million dollar jobs just because they weren't getting a title to hold. Wrestling is mostly money now, Evidenced by Ted DiBiase on Raw. He could move to WWP and be a major star, but he'd rather stay with the money and job to Morrison and Orton each and every week.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
MultiMillion dollar jobs... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME LMFAO? the normal wages a guy makes is like 100 grand a year plus PPV appearance bonuses and a 5000 bonus at WM time... MultiMillion Dollar my ass kid lmfao...and Ted DiBiase's money is from his father not WWE... i honestly thought you would be atleast smart enough to know that... Im sure even Albert is making more money in Japan atm then he ever did in WWE.... besides some guys wouldn't mind quitting for a little less pay just to be on the screen more... some of the younger ones have given up things like college and they don't want to waste their time being jobbers and shit... look at pope, hes in college now because he gave it up before to wrestle where he ended up being practically a jobber for most of his WWE career...

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
honestly they should just remove all the belts, focus on feuds and then reintroduce the titles when it's nessecary.

Sick of seeing feuds that are only focused around the title. It's extravagantly ggay when they try and say the lesser titles are of value

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The Divas title should have never been made in the first place. Has anyone actually taken that championship seriously? I doubt it. If you're the woman's champ, that means something, but that Divas belt looks like it was just made as a lame girly accessory instead of being made to have some sort of meaning behind it.

There aren't even enough talented Divas to have two championships, regardless.