WWE Unifying All Titles Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
- As noted before, WWE will be holding a Unification match for the Divas and Women’s Titles at Night of Champions. The talk Monday was that WWE is planning to unify all the titles in the next year and have one World Title, one Tag Team Title, one Intercontinental/US Title and one Women’s Title. The idea would be to do the WWE and World Title Unification match at WrestleMania 27.

Source - WrestlingObserver.

NO!!!!!!!! You can not do that, WWE. WWE has far too much talent on the roster only to have 1 world championship where two wrestlers would be fighting. I assume those two would be Cena and Barrett which would leave tons of talent (Orton, Sheamus, Edge, Kane, Undertaker, Mysterio, Jack Swagger and many other talented wrestlers) who are in the current WHC picture. It's not fair on them and I'm not even mentioning what would happen to them (Possibly moved down to the IC picture) which would also make the IC picture huge. WWE has tons of talent at the moment and it would be impossible for this to happen.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah. Too much talent makes this a kind of crappy idea. If all titles were unified, we would see alot less of some really good performers due to the focus of the shows being on the same guys with the straps. The World title being merged with the WWE title is the only thing I can see truley happening and if its a match at mania, looking at the current rosters, the only WM main event title unification match that I can see happening is Taker vs Cena which would still be kinda shitty because Takers a storyline all byhimself and Cena could actually help a young talent out this yr instead of getting himself another rub. Barrett looks good for that. If it were up to me looking at the current rosters I honestly dont know who i would even put in a match that big.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Maybe there ending the brand extension soon than. I like this idea because the roster is to small to have all these championships.

The roster has been sized down big time and if 1/3 of your roster is a champion it makes the belts less prestigious. Heres the top main event guys going for the championships:

Cena
Edge
HHH*
Undertaker*
Swagger
Barrett
Sheamus
Jericho*

*Guys who will probably start winding down and not get anymore championship runs. So really they need to just unify the brands again, the roster is already trimmed and for the extra guys through them into a tag team.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I was almost tempted to delete this thread as I call major bullshit on the possibility of this happening. But hey you posted a source and it's got some discussion value to it so have at it.

I would like them to have all the divas on one brand, all the tag teams on another, and keep both mid card titles on each show. The one main title might make sense when you think about it. Smackdowns got nothing left, nobody credible on that brand that can hold the title for long. Kane is obviously being a placeholder for The Undertaker, who is running down hill and out of shape in the first place. Rey Rey is being taken out by Del Rio apparently, and SES has a neverending feud with The Big Show happening with nothing be done for Jack Swagger. So there really isn't anybody on Friday nights believable as a champion anyway right now.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^SD champs: Christian, MVP & Matt Hardy?

:sarcasm:

@ The Answer: You forgot about the current Mr Money In The Bank. ;o]

Quintastic One

Reaction score
You know as well as I do that we as internet wrestling fans would love to see some sort of push for Hardy, Christian or MVP respectively. But it just isn't happening. All three of them have largely served as mid card jobbers to the likes of Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre & Jack Swagger for the past couple of months. None of them are getting the proper crowd reactions or mic time needed to develop a renewed push that the audience will buy. And with the Kane Vs. Undertaker storyline obviously leading to another Undertaker title run, chances are the only pushes we're gonna be seeing is that of a new heel feud to feed to The Undertaker like McIntyre or Del Rio. If a face gets pushed to the top it's obviously gonna be Rey Rey again due to his merch sales and occasional need to be made happy by creative.

I just don't see anything fresh happening to smackdown once this Kane Vs. Taker feud dies down.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I just now saw the sarcasm remark. Damn you and baiting me into detailed wrestling discussion that wasn't needed. lol.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. But if it does happen, I see the brand extension ending. Not like they really went by their own rules anyway. They said they were going to enforce the extension last draft and 3 weeks later, SD guys were on RAW. It made it not special when they would meet at a ppv or when they had special events because "insert Raw wrestler here" was just on SD 2. Him going back and having a special match on SD ain't the same when he was just there 2 weeks ago. Back on topic though, if this does happen, it's going to be the same guys all over again.:yawn:

Reaction score
I hope not. I really hated when they made the decision to give HHH his own belt (coincedentally and coveniently the RAW after Brock Lesnar's Summer Slam championship win back in 2002), but with the brand extension and the ridiculous amount of main event caliber they have on the roster, keep two heavyweight titles.

Reaction score
I hope not. I really hated when they made the decision to give HHH his own belt (coincedentally and coveniently the RAW after Brock Lesnar's Summer Slam championship win back in 2002), but with the brand extension and the ridiculous amount of main event caliber they have on the roster, keep two heavyweight titles.

Firstly, The addition of HHH as champion was a perfect move for Raw. It's fair to say that WWE has more talent now than then and right now, It'd be a horrible move to unify the belts due to the amount of talent in the company. Cena would clearly always be in contention for the belt which would be the same old thing and it would get old really quick.

HHH being given the belt was a good move. It made Raw a seperate brand and really set off the future of WWEs brand extension. I loved it how Bischoff gave it to HHH (Which would become HHHs gimmick where he cheats to grab the belt).

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I was almost tempted to delete this thread as I call major bullshit on the possibility of this happening. But hey you posted a source and it's got some discussion value to it so have at it.

I would like them to have all the divas on one brand, all the tag teams on another, and keep both mid card titles on each show. The one main title might make sense when you think about it. Smackdowns got nothing left, nobody credible on that brand that can hold the title for long. Kane is obviously being a placeholder for The Undertaker, who is running down hill and out of shape in the first place. Rey Rey is being taken out by Del Rio apparently, and SES has a neverending feud with The Big Show happening with nothing be done for Jack Swagger. So there really isn't anybody on Friday nights believable as a champion anyway right now.

So yeah I was just going to ignore this but going to shot anyway. That has to be one of the dumbest excuse to delete a thread in a section called News, RUMORS, Spoilers. Just because you call bs on it doesn't denie the fact that it is still a rumor as well as news.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I just now saw the sarcasm remark. Damn you and baiting me into detailed wrestling discussion that wasn't needed. lol.

LOL... Didn't think anyone got caught by the.....

...gag anymore. ;o]

Reaction score
Firstly, The addition of HHH as champion was a perfect move for Raw. It's fair to say that WWE has more talent now than then and right now, It'd be a horrible move to unify the belts due to the amount of talent in the company. Cena would clearly always be in contention for the belt which would be the same old thing and it would get old really quick.

HHH being given the belt was a good move. It made Raw a seperate brand and really set off the future of WWEs brand extension. I loved it how Bischoff gave it to HHH (Which would become HHHs gimmick where he cheats to grab the belt).

No. The E had way more talent, both established and young talent then. Not even close.

pumpt73

Reaction score
This wouldn't bother me one bit. I think you'd see guys having to work their way up the ladder a little longer instead of winning championships within their first 6 months in the show. Back in the 80's and 90's they only had 3 championships and it worked pretty well with a pretty stacked roster. I wouldn't have a problem with this at all. If it were to happen, I see the US and WHC titles going away. I highly doubt WWE would drop the IC or WWE titles as their secondary and main titles. Again, that's IF this even happens.