WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pwinsider said:
The 3/25 edition of Smackdown did a 1.96 rating with 2,987,000 viewers.

Steady rating for Smackdown. Not sure what to expect from the rating this coming week since it is a highlight package from WM Axxess.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The 3/28 edition of Raw did 3.8 rating and 5,838,000 viewers. The first hour did a 3.56 rating with 5,445,000 viewers and the second hour, which was really strong, did a 4.06 rating with 6,231,000 viewers.

Poor first hour, I really think they should have shown The Rock really early on in the show as well as at the end just to get more people tuning in. The second hour rating is great and I am a bit surprised that they rating wasn't over 4 for the entire show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A solid 4, finally. This is what happens when you actually advertise the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Exactly they need to regularly advertise ahead of time what will be on the show. Each week announce some major things that will occur next week and name at least one match so that people know what to expect from it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/4 edition of Raw did a 3.8 rating, with 5,600,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.71 and 3.93.

The Hall of Fame Broadcast a 2.36 rating with 3,362,000 viewers.

The premiere of Tough Enough did a 2.51 rating with 3,326,000 viewers.

The 12:09 replay of Tough Enough did a 0.97 rating with 1,140,000 viewers.

The 1:09 Tough Enough Replay did a 0.56 rating with 515,000 viewers.

That means about 5,000,000 people watched the debut on Monday. USA and WWE will be ecstatic with that.

The 4/2 edition of AM Raw did a 0.72 rating, 859,000.

Huge ratings for Tough Enough. 2.51 is an excellent number for the debut show. Granted it did get a lot of help from a 3.8 lead-in from RAW but it is great it held that well. The big challenge is if the ratings can remain high when Tough Enough is shown before RAW and doesn't have that huge lead-in.

Good rating for the HOF as well, I don't remember it being that high the last few years.

Seak

Reaction score
TE had a great debut, but like you stated, this coming episode will be what really counts. If the ratings drop it's a horrible sign. If they get a 2.3 or higher I think it will be a huge success since that's what the HOF did at the same time slot.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic ratings for TE but they have to keep it up. They need to make sure they keep the interest with lot's of promotion, but I'm not sure they can do that with no big PPV around for a while, surely a lot of those viewers came from WM watchers.

Seak

Reaction score
Fantastic ratings for TE but they have to keep it up. They need to make sure they keep the interest with lot's of promotion, but I'm not sure they can do that with no big PPV around for a while, surely a lot of those viewers came from WM watchers.

Their plan seems to be to have a different guest trainer per show. This coming week is John Cena, and they have advertised The Rock for a future episode. This is where they're probably hoping to keep the ratings high, and if RAW keeps pulling good numbers it should work out well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they announce the guest trainer ahead of time, which they have done for Cena, it will help keep the ratings up. The bonus for WWE is that this show is only an hour long so it should be easier to keep people tuned in for that whole time. They should get a good boost near the end of the show as well when people switch over to RAW who haven't been watching USA to begin with. I think that a 2 rating would be the minimum that they want to maintain. It is bound to drop next week since they are before rather than after RAW and a drop of around 20% would be okay.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I think it is best if they want good ratings for tough enough to have it after Raw. It is a good way for WWE to hype it up when it is about to air, that is just my opinion but yeah great job for tough enough. Just recently watched the first episode late last night. I must say it is pretty cool and I like what WWE has done with it so far. I can not wait until future episodes.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/8 edition of Smackdown did a 2.13 rating with 3.267,000 viewers.

I think that this is the best rating that Smackdown has done on SyFy. It is good that Smackdown's rating is growing since it is a quality show and should have ratings closer to RAW. It really needs to be on Thursday night though since Friday is a terrible night to do it. Still this is a great number and this week with Edge handing over his title I expect a bigger rating again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/11 edition of Raw did a 3.4 rating with 5,450,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.37 and 3.52.

The 8 p.m. 4/11 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.81 rating with 2,785,000 viewers. The 11 p.m. replay did a 1.09 rating with 1,657,000 viewers. A noon replay of last week's show on 4/11 did a 0.47 rating with 470,000 viewers

Note that the RAW rating dropped by 0.4 but only lost 150,000 viewers so overall it is pretty similar to last week.

Tough Enough dropped a lot as expected since it didn't get a lead in from RAW. The replay did a great number though and overall it is a 2.9 rating which is promising.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/15 edition of Smackdown did a 2.08 rating with 2,982,000 viewers.

The 4/18 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.53 rating with 2,196,000 viewers, so it dropped again. The replay that aired after Raw did a 1.16 rating with 1,568,000 viewers so the aggregate remained solid.

The 4/18 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating, with 4.7 million viewers, which isn't good compared to recent shows. To make matters worse the show had a drop in viewership as the night went on as house one did a 3.19 and hour two did a 3.06.

Another good rating for Smackdown, it is good that it is staying above 2.

Terrible rating for RAW. 3.1 is poor and something needs to be done. Hopefully the draft rejuvinates the brands and some good feuds and storylines start building the ratings up again. 4 should still be the target for RAW.

Not sure why Tough Enough's ratings keep dropping, it is a great show and it deserves more people watching it each week not less.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/22 edition of Smackdown did a 1.89 rating with 2,825,000 viewers.

Not good for Smackdown. It needs to stay above a 2. Next week's rating will be interesting because they have Orton, Henry and Sin Cara plus whoever they get in the supplemental draft.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/25 edition of Raw (which I have not seen yet due to being away but will be watching tonight and doing a hotline on tomorrow afternoon, along with full draft analysis and fallout) did a 3.5 rating with 5,200,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.51 and 3.43.

The 4/25 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.73 rating, with 2,452,000 viewers. The replay that aired after Raw did a 1.09 rating with 1,535,000 viewers.

The 4/23 edition of AM Raw did a 0.53 rating with 622,000 viewers.

Tough Enough had multiple airings on 4/23. Here are the numbers for each broadcast.
9 a.m. did a 0.27 rating with 317,000 viewers.
10 a.m. did a 0.44 rating with 554,000 viewers.
11 a.m. did a 0.6 rating with 784,000 viewers.
1 a.m. (before AM Raw) did a 0.76 rating with 936,000 viewers.

RAW and Tough Enough ratings both increased. RAW is back to an okay number and Tough Enough's numbers are really good especially when you see the ratings the replays are getting to go along with the initial airing.