WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I've said it time and time again, Christian should not of had a sniff of the belt till a few months down the line, and though I've got lots of heat for it I stand by my decision. It seems like it was thrown on him just to make Edge have his moment with his long life friend, and that's what pisses me off as a Christian fan, the fact that he was given the title for such a stupid reason other than him deserving it...I stand here as a Christian fan saying he needs more build, and hopefully this storyline will give it.

I see it as perfect timing. Yes it wasn't planned but a great opportunity presented itself to WWE and they took advantage of it, for a couple of nights. Christian was going to be feuding with ADR after Edge finished with him, since it seemed clear that ADR would win the title before Edge had to retire and the draft took place. Because of that WWE had a choice and they decided to continue the theme of celebrating Edge by giving Christian his first World title win.

But now that he had that first title reign and that he had to drop it so soon he can build on that. Edge's first title reign lasted around four weeks even though the ratings for RAW went through the roof with him as champion. Edge kept going and from there he went on to become a ten time champion as the fans wanted more. That same thing can happen with Christian, he can be built up as a huge threat in the coming months and then get back the title and have a proper run.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 5/20 edition of Smackdown did a 1.92 rating with 2,889,000 viewers

Moved back up but still not at the level it was before. It needs to get back over the 2 rating.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think the initial backlash will wain and Smackdowns ratings will climb above 2 this week. Really depends on what the spoilers indicate I'm willing to guess.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well the mainevent for Smackdown this week is a triple threat to determine the number one contender.

pwinsider said:
The 5/23 edition of Raw did a 3.4 rating with 5.1 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.44 and 3.36.

The 5/23 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.64 rating with 2,562,000 viewers.

The replay of Tough Enough that aired after Raw did a 1.03 rating with 1,481,000 viewers.

The 5/21 edition of AM Raw did a 0.39 rating with 548,000 viewers.
The replay of Tough Enough that preceded it did a 0.49 rating with 632,000 viewers.

Slight increase in the RAW rating and the Tough Enough rating remains stable.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
RAW and Tough Enough continue with strong ratings....will be interesting to see Smackdown's next rating but the storm will eventually blow over.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure WWE would like to see RAW closer to the 4 rating, I think that 3.5 is the pass mark for the show. For Smackdown I think that the storm will be over this week and that the rating will be up over 2.0 which should be the pass mark for Smackdown.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Sad thing is Smackdown can do threes, I mean I've always found it the better show, but feel WWE don't push it enough....sure Raw is Vince's baby, but in the tv market, don't you want both your shows at the top?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It makes no sense to me either. I thought that it would be best to have the two shows competing with each other to get the best ratings then they could really create some brand rivalry. If they locked the wrestlers onto the one brand, other than the tag team champions and the divas champion, and then put as much effort into both shows it would be great. Smackdown is regularly a better show than RAW and does deserve to be seen by more people than RAW.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Vince seems to given up though, just throws lacklusture shows together now when he knows Smackdown has fantastic talent.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No one gave up on Smackdown, it's foolish to think a promoter would give up on a lucrative show and praise the other one. It's not boredom its just a fact of being out of touch. No one gave up on Smackdown, writer burnout happens when you have PPVs so close together.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He hasn't given up but he has certainly indicated that RAW is the number one show and Smackdown is number two rather than making them even which many fans would prefer.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 5/27 edition of Smackdown did a 1.86 rating with 2,980,000 viewers.

The 5/30 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating, with 4.7 million viewers. The show did hours of 2.98 and 3.16.

The 5/30 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.74 rating with 2.4 million viewers.

Replays of Tough Enough that aired after Raw did:
At 11:06 did a 0.78 rating with 1,077,000 viewers.
At 12:06 did a 0.49 rating with 621,000 viewers.

The 5/28 edition of AM Raw did a 0.56 rating with 663,000 viewers.
The replay of Tough Enough that preceded it did a 0.61 rating with 733,000 viewers.

The RAW and Smackdown ratings dropped slightly whilst the Tough Enough rating increased slightly.

Next week's Tough Enough final is live so I am going to predict that it gets very close to a 2 rating.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Those figures for Raw and Smackdown are not really good enough, and the gap between the shows are just too wide. Am not suprised that Tough Enough has done well overall, because of the star power WWE booked for the show, and because there is a novity factor to it right now, weather it has been enough of a hit to justify another season, I don't know.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They both really should be rating at least 1 point higher. 4 for RAW and 3 for Smackdown would be better ratings for WWE but to get that they need some better writing. Tough Enough I think has done well enough for another season, the initial showing has a good rating at around 1.7 plus the replays pull good ratings throughout the week. It wouldn't be that expensive to produce so I think that they will give it another season. I think that it would be best if it was shown on another night though. Three hours of wrestling in a row can be a bit much and showing it on tuesday on USA might be a better move.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 6/3 edition of Smackdown 1.79 rating with 2,660,000 viewers.

The 6/6 edition of Raw did a 3.2 rating, with a shade under 5 million viewers. Nielsen tracked the beginning of the show as being 9:06, so that helped the Tough Enough rating. Raw did hours of 3.27 and 3.15 so they lost viewers in hour two.

In finale of Tough Enough did a 1.95 rating with 2,860,000 viewers.

The replay of Tough Enough that aired right after Raw did a 1.08 rating with 1,541,000 viewers.

The Raw replay that followed did a 0.81 rating with 1.1 million viewers.

The 6/4 edition of AM Raw did a 0.44 rating with 494,000 viewers.

The 6/4 replay of Tough Enough that preceded it did a 0.68 rating with 783,000 viewers.

Poor rating for Smackdown which dropped again and also a poor rating for RAW. Tough Enough finished on a high with a very good rating surely that will be enough to give it another season.