WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 4/29 edition of Smackdown did a 1.96 rating with 3,057,000 viewers.

Slight increase but just below that special number 2.0. Hopefully next week with Christian as champion the rating will increase again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 5/2 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.73 rating with 2,438,000 viewers.

The 5/2 edition of Raw did a 3.45 rating with 5.2 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.59 and 3.3.

The Tough Enough replay that aired after Raw did a 0.93 rating with 1,394,000 viewers.

The 4//30 edition of AM RAW did a 0.54 rating with 615,000 viewers.

The 4/30 airing of Tough Enough, which preceded AM Raw, once again did a better rating. I did a 0.68 rating with 799,000 viewers.

The ratings remain steady for both RAW and Tough Enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 5/6 edition of Smackdown did a 1.74 rating, with 2,793,000 viewers.

Good to see a big rating drop for the show where Christian lost the title to Orton. Hopefully next week's rating remains low.

pwinsider said:
The 5/9 edition of Raw did a 3.2 rating with 4,942,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.09 and 3.27. Obviously, that is down from recent weeks.

The 5/9 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.64 rating with 2,471,000 viewers.

The replay that aired after Raw did a 1.14 rating with 1,631,000 viewers.

The 5/7 edition of AM Raw did a 0.47 rating with 632,000 viewers.

The repeat of Tough Enough that preceded it did a 0.59 rating with 728,000 viewers.

Poor rating for RAW, they just can't maintain that 3.5+ rating.

Tough Enough rating remains consistent and I definitely see them getting a second season.

Seak

Reaction score
Good to see a big rating drop for the show where Christian lost the title to Orton. Hopefully next week's rating remains low.

WWE says that the proof is in the numbers, well there you go. Orton can't draw for shit. When he was Champ on RAW they were doing low numbers, and now Smackdown gets its lowest rating of the year on an episode that fans tore apart as soon as spoilers hit and found out Christian was dropping the belt. If they can't admit that the rage from the fans and this low rating are connected, this company is either blind or Blue.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They will give it another week because they might try to claim that the drop in numbers was due to Christian being champion coming into the show. If ratings remain similar this week then clearly it is Orton and WWE have to see it for what it is. People don't want him as champion. Right now WWE is in a quiet period so this is the perfect opportunity to give someone like Christian an opportunity as champion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's not anyone winning in this situation, it just showing WWE brass that Christian is a marketale top star.

It's not a slamdunk that Christian will get his title back, just proves that Orton isn't the draw they thought he was.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I know that Deezy, it's just saying for the people who are boycotting Smackdown. Their presence has been felt by the poor ratings.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Smackdown isn't being boycotted.....that's just childish marks thinking there tough because they're not going to watch the show, yet they still do.... Christian would've done worse carrying the show as champ then Orton is doing, face it guys, whether Christian deserves it or not, his popularity is never on par with Ortons

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The ratings speaks for everything, Christian losing the title turned off 12% of the audience.

Christian is a draw, he proved it in TNA and ECW. To ignore that is just putting your head in the sand.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Christian is a proven draw in ECW and TNA so you can't say that he is less of a draw than Orton. WWE really needed to leave the title on Christian for a month to see what happened to the ratings during that period. Currently it is showing that Orton as champ is a turn-off since normally Smackdown's rating doesn't go that much lower than a 1.95.

pwinsider said:
The 5/16 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating with 4.7 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.05 and 3.12. The post-WrestleMania blues strike again.

The 5/16 edition of Tough Enough did a 1.6 rating with 2,442,000 viewers.

The replay of Tough Enough that aired after Raw did a 1.14 rating with 1,641,000 viewers.

The 5/14 edition of AM Raw did a 0.56 rating with 668,000 viewers.
The replay of Tough Enough that preceded it did a 0.77 rating with 951,000 viewers.

RAW continues to post RAW ratings. Like the news bit mentions it is again that post-WM decline that happens every year to WWE. Not a good sign.

Tough Enough is still pulling great ratings, not just the new episodes but the replays as well.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Christian is a proven draw in ECW and TNA so you can't say that he is less of a draw than Orton. WWE really needed to leave the title on Christian for a month to see what happened to the ratings during that period. Currently it is showing that Orton as champ is a turn-off since normally Smackdown's rating doesn't go that much lower than a 1.95.

RAW continues to post RAW ratings. Like the news bit mentions it is again that post-WM decline that happens every year to WWE. Not a good sign.

Tough Enough is still pulling great ratings, not just the new episodes but the replays as well.

The show with Christian as champ did a 1.72 I believe, and I reckon barely any of that was boycotters because true fans woulda watched as it was a good match. Christian is no where near as popular as Orton, ECW only stayed popular as he was the only face willing to carry it, it coulda been Mysterio, nothing woulda changed.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The show with Christian as champ did a 1.72 I believe, and I reckon barely any of that was boycotters because true fans woulda watched as it was a good match. Christian is no where near as popular as Orton, ECW only stayed popular as he was the only face willing to carry it, it coulda been Mysterio, nothing woulda changed.

What are you talking about? This is a direct result of boycotters. ECW was a thrid tier show and Christian gave it its best ratings since its launch. Don't try and downplay the fact that Christian is a proven draw, the facts speak for themself. Mysterio as champion wasn't getting Smackdown the ratings Christian got ECW. Invalid argument there.

Even the casual fans I told about this were not watching Smackdown because they were pissed that Christian lost the title. It's not even about Orton taking the title, it's about fans wanting Christian to be a champion since 05 and they had it taken away in less than a week. It's not even about the bigger angle that would result formt his, it's just about people who were wanting to see the image of Christian having a World title around his waist forever and when they did, it was gone an hour later. Leaving a sour taste in the cololective mouths of every Christian fan.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I've said it time and time again, Christian should not of had a sniff of the belt till a few months down the line, and though I've got lots of heat for it I stand by my decision. It seems like it was thrown on him just to make Edge have his moment with his long life friend, and that's what pisses me off as a Christian fan, the fact that he was given the title for such a stupid reason other than him deserving it...I stand here as a Christian fan saying he needs more build, and hopefully this storyline will give it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've said it time and time again, Christian should not of had a sniff of the belt till a few months down the line, and though I've got lots of heat for it I stand by my decision. It seems like it was thrown on him just to make Edge have his moment with his long life friend, and that's what pisses me off as a Christian fan, the fact that he was given the title for such a stupid reason other than him deserving it...I stand here as a Christian fan saying he needs more build, and hopefully this storyline will give it.

Bret Hart got the title because Ric Flair was leaving, Even Edge got the title because people were getting sick of Cena. Chris Jericho got the Undisputed Title because Rock and Austin were planned to face the nWo. All future HOFers, to act like it's terrible to get a title from happenstance is just wrong, atleast there is an angle happening from this. This isn't like when Kane won the title from Austin and was left high ann dry a day later. Christian deserved the title no matter what the circumstances.