WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
E! looks like it launched a solid Sunday partner for the Kardashians. WWE reality jaunt Total Divas opened to 1.3 million viewers last night, eclipsing every network opener in nearly a year.

The 10 p.m. broadcast of Total Divas took in 885,000 adults 18-49 and a 1.1 rating among households, making it the most watched premiere since Married to Jonas last August. This comes on the heels of lackluster launches for other Sunday fare such as What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and The Wanted Life.

Total Divas retained less than half of its lead-in from Keeping Up With the Kardashians, though the network flagship was near a season high with 2.8 million viewers. Keeping Up returned for its eighth season with 3 million viewers in June.

A midnight encore of Total Divas added another 700,000 viewers, 500,000 of them adults 18-49.

Total Divas scored 65,239 in social medial activity, trailing the Kardashians's score of 73,969, HBO's "True Blood," and CONCACAF soccer. The episode ranked #4 overall for Sunday night.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Hm that's a pretty damn good opening. I'm surprised. Watched the first episode and didn't think too much of it. Was decent but may get boring for me. The behind the scenes factor of the show is sweet to see tho. I don't see the number being consistent either but hey hope it sticks for WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He also didn't headline PPV's and his segments were stuck in the middle of TV shows.

Sure he ate up a ton of airtime, but he was never presented as a main guy, and the only time he was he drew the lowest ratings since the Dark Age of Bret Hart as champ.
Of course he was presented as a main guy, like you said he ate up tons of air time and was for the most part the centre of the damn shows. Yes he might not have been THE guy but that's neither here nor there, the point was made that people who don't draw don't get pushed when that quite clearly isn't the case.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Of course he was presented as a main guy, like you said he ate up tons of air time and was for the most part the centre of the damn shows. Yes he might not have been THE guy but that's neither here nor there, the point was made that people who don't draw don't get pushed when that quite clearly isn't the case.

Enough of this thread derailing counterpoints, didn't have shit to do with my statement on Bryan losing viewers, CM Punk got his push? Yeah, he did. Was he ever the main guy? No. Not much of a push if you ask me. Oh he had a title? So did Khali, not much of a point if you ask me, mistakes have been made before. Does it mean it justifies Daniel Bryan maineventing Raws? Fuck no.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hey, you're the one who made a ridiculous statement about anyone who loses ratings doesn't get pushed and has now back peddled all the way from it. But sure, I won't point that out anymore now you've changed your original stance.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Enough of this thread derailing counterpoints, didn't have shit to do with my statement on Bryan losing viewers, CM Punk got his push? Yeah, he did. Was he ever the main guy? No. Not much of a push if you ask me. Oh he had a title? So did Khali, not much of a point if you ask me, mistakes have been made before. Does it mean it justifies Daniel Bryan maineventing Raws? Fuck no.

And you act like Bret Hart wasn't a huge fucking failure either. The thing with him though is they gave him every chance to get over, during a hot time of wrestling and he was a flop. Kind of like that Nash guy. Punk was able to keep a constant fan base, during a not so hot time in wrestling, and he wasn't even the main attraction. His title reign didn't do much, yes, but it can't be seen as that big a flop either.

Tell me more about how Cena has skyrocketed the ratings since winning the title in April. God that guy is such a vanilla midget failure.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
When have I ever said that Bret Hart was a huge draw? and Wrestling wasn't hot when he became champion genius, WWF was in the midst of steroid hearings, McMahon was brought up on distributing charges and WWF was in the middle of Terrry Garvin and Mel Philips sexual harassment allegations. Darkest days of WWF, look shit up before you throw things out there.

Punks little bitchfest promo was supposed to be a game changer for WWE wasn't it? This is why he was given the ball to run for two years right? What the fuck did he do? Jack shit, the only time he ever drew ratings was when he was with Rock or Cena. Him and Daniel Bryan feud didn't draw shit.

What has Cena done? fixed the potholes that CM Punk left him. Brought credibility back to a title held by nobody for 400+ days.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Say what you want about Cena but he's never haemorraged viewers like Punk and Bryan did.

Is he gonna pull in a new audience? Probably not, but he sure as hell isn't gonna make a quarter million people change channel off during his segments like Bryan has.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Raw rating is in, and it dipped by around 250,000 viewers overall to last week's rating

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Getting reminded why I've always disliked the ratings thread. Dale getting responded to as if he was a hardcore Punk or Bryan fan, lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Hm that's a pretty damn good opening. I'm surprised. Watched the first episode and didn't think too much of it. Was decent but may get boring for me. The behind the scenes factor of the show is sweet to see tho. I don't see the number being consistent either but hey hope it sticks for WWE.
I think having the Kardashians as the lead in helps hugely for the company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If people want to discuss the drawing ability of certain wrestlers they should take the opportunity to create a thread in the WWE Discussion section. Let's try to stay on topic and actually discuss the ratings that WWE's various shows get.

PWTorch said:
The pre-taped WWE Raw on Monday, July 29 scored a 2.87 rating, down from a 2.94 rating last week, which was down from a 3.04 rating after Money in the Bank.

- Raw averaged 3.768 million viewers, down six percent from last week's show. It was the fewest viewers in two months dating back to June 3.

Hourly Break Down: 3.662 million first hour viewers (fewest since June 3), increase to 3.896 million second hour viewers, and decline to 3.746 million third hour viewers (fewest third hour viewers of the year).

That is actually a strong rating considering it was a taped show. Taped shows always lead to a drop in viewers and to only drop 6% is a good result.

PWTorch said:
WWE Smackdown on Friday, July 26 scored a 1.92 rating, up four percent from a 1.85 rating last week.

It was the highest Smackdown rating since April 26. Also, it's a significant jump from a 1.71 rating just two weeks ago.

Smackdown averaged 2.65 million viewers, up three percent compared to last week's viewership. It was the most viewers in two months dating back to June 7.

Smackdown rating ended up being a 1.92 thanks to RVD showing up. If only WWE made Smackdown more of an equal to RAW than it currently is, they could probably push RAW in the ratings.

Just on Total Divas it is a bit sad that on it's debut it was the third highest rating wrestling show on television.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pwpix - Monday night's replay of WWE Total Divas on the USA Network following Raw garnered 1.53 million viewers, which beat the 1.3 million viewers that the season premiere drew on E! on Sunday night.

That's a shocker. It did better than the Graceland replays in that slot

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This first episode has had a huge amount of viewers so far. 1.3 million for the premiere, 700k for the replay that night and now another 1.5 million for this replay. 3.5 million viewers in total so far!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah and is been placed On Demand. Its already off to a much more solid ground than the failed NXT divas season. I think they taped matches at some point iirc so it will be interesting to see how they add that component in, and if the showis still well perceived if they do