WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I am amazed that Total Divas actually managed to increase it's viewership and that it is drawing more than 1.5 million viewers. How many episodes are they running of it?

I read something the other day that Anvil said about it, he mentioned 8.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWTorch said:
WWE Smackdown on Friday, August 9 slipped to a 1.90 rating, down from a season-high 1.99 rating last week. Smackdown was also down from a 1.92 rating the previous week.

Smackdown averaged 2.490 million viewers, down nearly 10 percent from a season-high 2.746 million viewers last week. It was the fewest viewers in one month.

Smackdown was hit hard in the key male demos and among overall viewers. Smackdown dropped to one-month lows in adults 18-34 and males 18-49, and a two-month low in males 18-34.

On cable TV Friday night, Smackdown fell to #8 in overall viewers, #8 in m18-34, and #5 in m18-49.

On the year, Smackdown has averaged a 1.91 rating - placing Friday's show right at the yearly average - and 2.658 million viewers - placing Friday's show about 170,000 viewers off the yearly pace.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
For the third straight week, the audience for the WWE Total Divas show has risen. The 8/11 show did 1,671,000 viewers. That is up more than 100,000 from last week and 328,000 from the debut episode. Generally, audience drops after the debut. More and more it looks like WWE has a hit on their hands.

I'd say the chances of a 2nd season are looking good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kind of had to have some sort of idea that a new concept based reality show would catch on. Seeing as the current crop are pretty muchthe same nowadays. All I know is my woman likes it and she hates wrestling.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I like the show myself, think it's pretty entertaining. While some of the situations may have been pre-planned it does feel quite real and it's quite cool seeing how some of the people actually are outside of their TV persona.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What makes me laugh about the show is how they make Daniel Bryan look like an awkward dork and Cena like a trick.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well Bryan Danielson is an awkward dork. He was one before he got there with an even worse look, who was always known for not having a TV and living a semi remote life. Cena on the other hand is like Brie summed him up, a guy who lives the life of a rapper, hangs out with guys like Snoop, has cars, jerseys, the gold cd, bling, and a show off house. Its always been said Cena has no problem showing his wealth and sharing his time, being noticed, its why he's the Make a Wish guy, the gold abum recording artist, the kids choice award guy, and is on fruity pebbles ... He ain't bashful

If you watched the recent celeb wife swap episode, Cena and Flair are alike in their flashy lifestyle while Bryan is like Piper regardless of who he portrays

I will say I've been presently surprised to see the Funkadactyls show more personality

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE's deal with SyFy for Smackdown is meant to be up within a month so it is good for them that they are drawing good numbers, helps to add a few different names on the show to liven things up a bit.

Incredible that the Total Divas keeps growing in viewers, gold mine for WWE and there is no way they won't get a second season out of this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
PWTorch said:
WWE Raw on Thursday, August 19 scored a 3.24 rating, up ten percent from last week's 2.95 rating leading into Summerslam.

It was the highest rating since a 3.45 rating the night after WrestleMania on April 8.

Raw was strengthened by a 25 percent increase in the males 18-34 demographic, registering the highest m18-34 rating since March 25 before WrestleMania. Also, Raw scored the highest males 12-17 rating of the year.

- Raw averaged 4.298 million viewers, increasing five percent compared to pre-Summerslam viewership.

Hourly Break Down: 4.076 million first hour viewers, 4.485 million second hour viewers, and a drop-off to 4.333 million third hour viewers.

- Last year's Raw after Summerslam scored a 3.14 rating and averaged 4.478 million viewers, placing this year's post-Summerslam Raw in-between the two metrics.

Good bump after SummerSlam, the finish to the mainevent would have got people interested in tuning in to see where this storyline goes. Still can't get away from that third hour drop, three hours is too long for quite a few people.

PWTorch said:
The fourth week of WWE's "Total Divas" show on E! averaged 1.349 million viewers, according to TVByTheNumbers.com, down 20 percent from last week's peak audience.

Up against WWE's own Summerslam PPV, Total Divas dropped to about the same level as the first episode on July 28, which averaged 1.343 million viewers.

A drop but still a good number since it went against SummerSlam. Shows that a substantial number that watch it aren't wrestling fans and are simply reality tv fans.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
SD Rating:

PWTorch said:
WWE Smackdown on Friday, August 23 following Summerslam scored a 1.90 rating, up from a 1.83 rating the previous week. The show was even with the same 1.90 rating two weeks ago.

Smackdown averaged 2.572 million viewers, up seven percent from 2.400 million viewers leading into Summerslam.

On cable TV Friday night, Smackdown ranked #7 on cable TV, #4 among males 18-34, and #2 among males 18-49.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Total Divas rating:

PWInsider said:
The 8/25 edition of Total Divas did 1,460,000 viewers, which is up from last week's show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So SummerSlam was what took away those viewers last week.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yep and that's pretty good to have a loyal audience. I wonder what the replay got as they haven't reported it this week or for one after summerslam

pwtorch.com

Monday's Raw episode scored a 3.07 cabled TV rating, down from the previous week's 3.24 rating. The show averaged 4.190 million viewers, down from last week's 4.298 million.

Raw did 4.129 million viewers the first hour, 4,291 million the second and 4.151 million for the final third hour.

On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #2 on cable TV, trailing "Longmire" on A&E. Raw ranked #1 in key demos of males & adults 18-34, males & adults 18-49, and adults 12-34.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Following the same pattern of the third hour dropping from the second but being a little higher than the first. Good that they stayed over 3.00, but barely.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker