WWE SummerSlam Viewing Party (Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm not certain either, but I think Owens will win. It'd be great for Cesaro if he got the win though. The match has potential to be a good one. I'm looking forward to it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
whilst I have access to a comp, may as well jot some quick thoughts down on the card.

- Man, two part-timers in the main event, an Undertaker appearance, 4 way tag match likely bumped to the pre-show, divas clusterfuck, celebrity wrestling. This truly is the Wrestlemania of the summer! :lol:

- Taker/Brock is, as many people have said, one of the more bizarre choices for a match. Borck has everything to lose here, and nothing to gain, it's a big match for the sake of a big match. It's bad enough WWE ended Lesnar's WWE title reign without him being pinned (something that would have likely helped Rollins reign tenfold), ending his monster unbeaten streak here would be booking suicide. As far as the match itself goes, I'm intrigued simply because of the potential outcome and what it'll be like without a concussed Taker

- Rollins/Cena. Potential booking mishap number two. Cena has enjoyed a great reign with the US title, and it could end not by someone pinning him and getting a huge career boost, but rather losing it too a guy who holds a far more important title. No sense whatsoever. On the other hand though, CENAWINSLOL and he either forfeits the US title (again, putting no one over) or it becomes the second most important title he holds. These two have had matches of varying quality in the past, hopefully with most of The Authority out though this one won't suffer from over booking

- As I said before, Cesaro/Owens fascinates me more than any other match. Yeah I'm a mark for a lot of the ex-ROH guys, but both guys are at an interesting point in their careers. Cesaro's had some great matches but is missing that one great win and show-stealer to put him over the top, and Owens is coming off a series with John Cena where he needs to prove he can matter without the number one guy in the company opposite him. Wins & loses aside, these two have all the motivation they need to go out and steal the show from everyone. Watch them get 5 minutes.

Also looking forward to how the Arrow handles himself, whatever they decide to do with the Divas match to give the division some direction & Wyatts/Shield.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Oh and for the record, IF MY DAMN BROADBAND was ready I'd seriously be considering getting the Network again for this. Decent enough card, throw in NXT Brooklyn and that's a pretty solid package for a tenner.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'll be in here live tomorrow evening, hope a few of you can join me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler