WWE SummerSlam Viewing Party (Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
20150721_Summerslam_Match_TakerLesnar_LIGHTv3_HP.jpg

"The Beast" Brock Lesnar vs "The Phenom" The Undertaker

20150813_Summerslam_Match_CenaRollins_LIGHT_HP_v2.jpg

Winner Takes All - United States Champion John Cena vs WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins

20150806_Summerslam_Match_mizrybackbigshow_LIGHT-HP.jpg

The Big Show vs Ryback vs The Miz - WWE Intercontinental Championship

20150810_Summerslam_Match_tagteam_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Los Matadores vs The New Day vs The Primetime Players vs The Lucha Dragons - WWE Tag Team Championships​

20150721_Summerslam_Match_BrayLukeDeanRoman_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper vs Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns

20150813_Summerslam_Match_OwensCesaro_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro

20150810_Summerslam_Match_OrtonSheamus_LIGHT-HP.jpg

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

20150817_Summerslam_Match_RusevDolph_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Rusev vs Dolph Ziggler

zzzz20150810_Summerslam_Match_Divas_LIGHT-HP.jpg

Team PCB vs Team Bella vs Team B.A.D. - Elimination Match

20150810_Summerslam_Match_amellneville-starustbarrett_LIGHT_HP2.jpg

The Green Arrow and The Red Arrow vs Stardust and King Barrett

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Considering how big this card is, I can't say I'm particularly enthused about most of it. Here's some thoughts on the individual matches, including Sheamus/Orton and Rusev/Ziggler, which were added yesterday...

Sheamus vs. Orton - Sigh, same old shit. I don't even dislike either guy, but we just saw this last month ffs. No idea why it needs to be done again here other than to simply get these two on the card. Here's hoping it goes on the pre-show but it obviously won't because the higher up's LOVE these two.

Cesaro vs. Owens - This is more like it and, given time, I'll bet it has a good shot at stealing the show. That being said, I'm fully prepared for this to be relegated to the pre-show and get 5 minutes. Please prove me wrong WWE.

Tag Team Clusterfuck - The best candidate for the pre-show is this total mess of a match that only serves to prove how horrendous the tag division booking is. Just blow it up already, nobody gives a crap anymore.

Divas Elimination Match - This will only be good if they get rid of everyone except Paige, Becky, Charlotte and Sasha and have the four of them go at it, with Banks fighting off an entire team to take the win for team BAD like a BOSS. However, I'll just assume Team Bella wins to make this angle mean even less than it already has.

Ryback vs. Big Show vs. Miz - Well, Miz has looked like a bitch since this feud began, so guess who's winning the belt on Sunday?

Rusev vs. Ziggler - Unless Rusev just annihilates Dolph this is a total waste of time since they had everything set up for an intergender tag.

Arrows vs. Bad News Dust - Honestly, this is the match I'm most anticipating, if only to see how well Amell handles himself in the ring. It helps that I like Neville a lot and am happy he's getting this chance to shine on the big stage.

Ambrose/Reigns vs. Wyatt/Harper - This has some serious potential since three of the four guys involved are good and Wyatt works well with the Shield guys. However, I can't help but think they're going to do something really dumb like have Ambrose turn and join the Wyatt family, which will just kill his character forever. I guess that's what WWE wants though, since it would explain everything they've done with him since last year. Ugh.

Cena vs. Rollins - The only way this works is if Rollins wins clean. Since that's not going to happen, I don't see how it's going to work, regardless of how good a match it'll end up being.

Undertaker vs. Lesnar - I'm interested in seeing what a non-concussed Undertaker can bring to the match, but I don't expect it to be all that good. Assuming some smoke and mirrors, lot's of brawling outside and Heyman taking a punch or two.

Sorry for being overly negative but hey, that's what WWE has given me to work with so there's not much I can do about it. If you'd like to offer some counter to my comments, please feel free to do so.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Considering how big this card is, I can't say I'm particularly enthused about most of it. Here's some thoughts on the individual matches, including Sheamus/Orton and Rusev/Ziggler, which were added yesterday...

Sheamus vs. Orton - Sigh, same old shit. I don't even dislike either guy, but we just saw this last month ffs. No idea why it needs to be done again here other than to simply get these two on the card. Here's hoping it goes on the pre-show but it obviously won't because the higher up's LOVE these two.

Cesaro vs. Owens - This is more like it and, given time, I'll bet it has a good shot at stealing the show. That being said, I'm fully prepared for this to be relegated to the pre-show and get 5 minutes. Please prove me wrong WWE.

Tag Team Clusterfuck - The best candidate for the pre-show is this total mess of a match that only serves to prove how horrendous the tag division booking is. Just blow it up already, nobody gives a crap anymore.

Divas Elimination Match - This will only be good if they get rid of everyone except Paige, Becky, Charlotte and Sasha and have the four of them go at it, with Banks fighting off an entire team to take the win for team BAD like a BOSS. However, I'll just assume Team Bella wins to make this angle mean even less than it already has.

Ryback vs. Big Show vs. Miz - Well, Miz has looked like a bitch since this feud began, so guess who's winning the belt on Sunday?

Rusev vs. Ziggler - Unless Rusev just annihilates Dolph this is a total waste of time since they had everything set up for an intergender tag.

Arrows vs. Bad News Dust - Honestly, this is the match I'm most anticipating, if only to see how well Amell handles himself in the ring. It helps that I like Neville a lot and am happy he's getting this chance to shine on the big stage.

Ambrose/Reigns vs. Wyatt/Harper - This has some serious potential since three of the four guys involved are good and Wyatt works well with the Shield guys. However, I can't help but think they're going to do something really dumb like have Ambrose turn and join the Wyatt family, which will just kill his character forever. I guess that's what WWE wants though, since it would explain everything they've done with him since last year. Ugh.

Cena vs. Rollins - The only way this works is if Rollins wins clean. Since that's not going to happen, I don't see how it's going to work, regardless of how good a match it'll end up being.

Undertaker vs. Lesnar - I'm interested in seeing what a non-concussed Undertaker can bring to the match, but I don't expect it to be all that good. Assuming some smoke and mirrors, lot's of brawling outside and Heyman taking a punch or two.

Sorry for being overly negative but hey, that's what WWE has given me to work with so there's not much I can do about it. If you'd like to offer some counter to my comments, please feel free to do so.
If by counter, you mean me telling you that the tag match won't be a clusterfuck...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If by counter, you mean me telling you that the tag match won't be a clusterfuck...
No, since it obviously will be. I meant more that if you disagree with something, anything, then I'd appreciate seeing someone put a positive spin on things since I was so negative. I don't want to be negative, but that's where I find myself with the current booking.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No, since it obviously will be. I meant more that if you disagree with something, anything, then I'd appreciate seeing someone put a positive spin on things since I was so negative. I don't want to be negative, but that's where I find myself with the current booking.

My positive spin is that it won't be a clusterfuck :lol: all four teams know how to work so I don't see why the match would be bad. I'd like to think we'll see some great action.

As for sheamus/orton, idk what the problem is with doing it again. What feud have you seen that only lasted one PPV? The match will be solid so I'm good with it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As for sheamus/orton, idk what the problem is with doing it again. What feud have you seen that only lasted one PPV? The match will be solid so I'm good with it.
I get the continuing PPV feud thing, but what's the reason for them still feuding? Have they given one besides the usual "they don't like each other" excuse? Orton the face won the first match, so is Sheamus demanding this rematch to have another shot at beating him? For that matter, why shouldn't Orton be demanding a shot at the briefcase, seeing as he's already beaten Sheamus once? A little bit of booking would make this infinitely more interesting than just the usual, ho hum match.

Jay

Reaction score
rkHJ5RJ.jpg

WWE SummerSlam is just a few nights away and it's going to be a kick-ass night of wrestling. The matches are as followed:

Updated Summerslam PPV Line-up

- Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.

- WWE Title vs. U.S. Title match: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena.

- Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper.

- Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro.

- Randy Orton vs. Sheamus.

- IC Title match: Ryback vs. Big Show vs. The Miz.

- Tag Title match: Prime Time Players vs. New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores.

- Stardust & King Barrett vs. Neville & actor Stephen Amell.

- Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev.

- Women's match: Team B.A.D. vs. Team Bellas vs. Team Paige & Charlotte & Becky Lynch in a three-team, nine-Diva elimination match.

-Pre-show match: TBA.​

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think one of these matches will be bumped to the pre-show. This show is fuckin' loaded. Glad they went all out this year for SummerSlam.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tag team titles always get the pre-show.

But four hours.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Am i the only one that thinks Seth/Cena is going 60?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
banking on Taker getting broken into a million pieces

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I do think Undertaker is gonna end up in the hospital again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Still think this is booked like Anderson/Weidman 2 and Brock checks Takers lowblow and he gets his leg broken.