WWE SummerSlam Viewing Party (Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I get the continuing PPV feud thing, but what's the reason for them still feuding? Have they given one besides the usual "they don't like each other" excuse? Orton the face won the first match, so is Sheamus demanding this rematch to have another shot at beating him? For that matter, why shouldn't Orton be demanding a shot at the briefcase, seeing as he's already beaten Sheamus once? A little bit of booking would make this infinitely more interesting than just the usual, ho hum match.

I hate when they feud over the briefcase. Sheamus won the damn thing why should he have to put it up? As far as the reason for them still feuding.. Sheamus did cost orton the world title a week ago.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I hate when they feud over the briefcase. Sheamus won the damn thing why should he have to put it up? As far as the reason for them still feuding.. Sheamus did cost orton the world title a week ago.
Well, there's the answer to your question. He cost Orton the title so why shouldn't Orton demand a shot at the briefcase to effectively do the same thing to Sheamus? Jesus, it's so simple it practically writes itself.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well, there's the answer to your question. He cost Orton the title so why shouldn't Orton demand a shot at the briefcase to effectively do the same thing to Sheamus? Jesus, it's so simple it practically writes itself.

We'll the MITB briefcase guarantees a shot anywhere any time. It's quite different.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
We'll the MITB briefcase guarantees a shot anywhere any time. It's quite different.

If Orton had the match won then that's as good as the near guarantee of cashing in though. Seems pretty similar to me. Regardless, I'm not concerned about the match itself because they've got good chemistry, I just wish there was a bit more of a reason for it is all.

I also just saw that the Divas match isn't a Survivor Series style elimination, it's just one member being pinned/submitted to lose it for the whole team. I'd love to believe that they'd eliminate the Bella team first but I just can't see it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If Orton had the match won then that's as good as the near guarantee of cashing in though. Seems pretty similar to me. Regardless, I'm not concerned about the match itself because they've got good chemistry, I just wish there was a bit more of a reason for it is all.

I also just saw that the Divas match isn't a Survivor Series style elimination, it's just one member being pinned/submitted to lose it for the whole team. I'd love to believe that they'd eliminate the Bella team first but I just can't see it happening.

How would they have found time to eliminate all members of the teams :lol: probably team BAD is the first to go and PCB will take the victory narrowly. I can see one member of PCB forcing nikki to submit then getting a title shot next month.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
How would they have found time to eliminate all members of the teams :lol: probably team BAD is the first to go and PCB will take the victory narrowly. I can see one member of PCB forcing nikki to submit then getting a title shot next month.

I'd like to see Charlotte make Nikki tap out again to kick start a title chase for Charlotte heading into Night of Champions.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
How would they have found time to eliminate all members of the teams
It's a four hour show, I'm sure they could have given the women 15 minutes if they were really that interested in promoting them. That would be more than enough time to have eight eliminations, especially if you get rid of some dead weight by having Tamina and Fox get a double count-out near the beginning.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's a four hour show, I'm sure they could have given the women 15 minutes if they were really that interested in promoting them. That would be more than enough time to have eight eliminations, especially if you get rid of some dead weight by having Tamina and Fox get a double count-out near the beginning.

15 minutes would have just been rapid fire elimination which would have made them look like shit.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
15 minutes would have just been rapid fire elimination which would have made them look like shit.
Pfft, what are you talking about? The opener at Survivor Series 1988 went just a couple of minutes longer and featured nine eliminations, with nobody coming out of it looking like shit except Danny Davis. Since he was shit to begin with, that wasn't really an issue. Like I said, you get Tamina and Fox out within a couple of minutes, maybe even from a double count out brawl, and you've only got to deal with 6 more with a lot of time left. It's not rocket science.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Pfft, what are you talking about? The opener at Survivor Series 1988 went just a couple of minutes longer and featured nine eliminations, with nobody coming out of it looking like shit except Danny Davis. Since he was shit to begin with, that wasn't really an issue. Like I said, you get Tamina and Fox out within a couple of minutes, maybe even from a double count out brawl, and you've only got to deal with 6 more with a lot of time left. It's not rocket science.

Yeah but it's not the way to go when you're still trying to establish superstars.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah but it's not the way to go when you're still trying to establish superstars.

Yeah, instead you could potentially have some eliminated without actually being involved in the match. That makes SO much more sense.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah, instead you could potentially have some eliminated without actually being involved in the match. That makes SO much more sense.

If your teammate can't cut it...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If your teammate can't cut it...

I agree, but how does that help establish superstars?

Let's switch topics before we go nuts though. Who wins Cesaro/Owens? I'm sure the match will rule regardless but I'd think Cesaro may get the big face win. Too close to call though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I agree, but how does that help establish superstars?

Let's switch topics before we go nuts though. Who wins Cesaro/Owens? I'm sure the match will rule regardless but I'd think Cesaro may get the big face win. Too close to call though.

Owens will take it I think. Definitely not certain though

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Cesaro/Owens will be interesting for sure. Both guys are in a position where a win could go along way to defining their immediate future in the company.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk