WWE Signing More Indy Talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cork is the only guy here with an opinion that makes any sense and is worth listening to imo itt.

Reactions: 2 people

TKK

Reaction score
Punk has been in the WWE for 6 years, I think its time you stop claiming him as an indy wrestler.

Also I never compared WWE jobbers to indy main eventers, so IDK where that came from. But given the choice hell yeah I would rather watch PTP than Rhett Titus or Stiff Jap Jobber, because they know how to work a match.

He began as an indy wrestling, he developed his character as an indy wrestler and he's had some of his best work as an indy wrestler.

Titus O' Neill can work a match? O RLY?

[video=youtube;9yD4MuHD_lM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yD4MuHD_lM[/video]

I'll take Rhett Titus vs. a Stiff Jap Jobber over that any day of the week.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Cork , it's kinda weird that even though you watch mma , you are still saying that Daniel Bryan is not credible enough . First of all , here we are talking About PRO.WRESTLING . So Size doesnt really matters . Look at Benoit , Eddie , Mysterio , Flair , Shawn , Jericho e.t.c.. these all are SMALL GUYS . All what matters is proper booking . If you book a wrestler properly , no matter how small the guy is ( excluding midgets ) , he will look intimidating , scary and Credible enough to hold the title. 2nd thing is about Bryan . 1 can bet a million dollar on this , BRYAN DANIELSON can beat the shit of Cena , Orton or CM PUNK in a real Shoot fight .

He began as an indy wrestling, he developed his character as an indy wrestler and he's had some of his best work as an indy wrestler.

Titus O' Neill can work a match? O RLY?

[video=youtube;9yD4MuHD_lM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yD4MuHD_lM[/video]

I'll take Rhett Titus vs. a Stiff Jap Jobber over that any day of the week.

How the hell did these 2 managed to pass FCW ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Cork is the only guy here with an opinion that makes any sense and is worth listening to imo itt.

Not really when all of his opinions are based solely on size alone. And the fact that because Daniel Bryan is a nerd takes away any credibility of his wrestling skills. Bryan is one of the best technical wrestlers I have seen in a long time.

Pete

Reaction score
:eek:fftopic:

So Cork just admitted to being a bully?

.......okay.

Back on topic: I present, for your delectation...indy wrestling - where matches are boring and no one can work.

[youtube]60PDX__Jx3g[/youtube]

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
I don't mind seeing Indy talent come flooding in. They're guys who can wrestle great because that's what the Indy's are all about. Their mic work is generally lacking but if you get the dime in the bunch (CM Punk) they're generally a great package before they even make it to the WWE.

I still wonder how guys like Samoa Joe and Nigel McGuiness would have went in the WWE. Both have great mic skills, great looks and presence and great wrestling ability.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I like they they are signing some established Indy talents. Majority probably don't make the roster but you need to take that chance to find the ones who can. I am a big indy supporter but this argument is ridiculous. There is a lot of trash on the Indy scene so love of any Indy guy is ridiculous but also a lot of talent has come from the Indys and a lot is still there so you can't write those guys off either. Looking forward to NXT if they put all these guys on it though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Corks opinion on size makes sense, can anybody say that Pacqiao(sp?) or Jose Aldo are credible threats to JDS or Klitschko?

This is why suspension of disbelief in pro-wrestling now is ludicrous to say the least. Daniel Bryan beating a Big Show or Mark Henry isn't very credible if you take into account the size differential, sure the smaller guy would have a better skillset, but that doesn't mean the bigger guy wouldn't destroy them.

Also, Johnny Kickpadz is right as well, most indy guys are indistinguishable from the other guy, and most come off as marks in their matches.

Also, everyone taking the time to single out one person, even though they admitted to being a bully, is doing the exact same thing. Hypocrisy people, let's learn it.

And Eddie and Benoit were small only in height, both were built like tanks.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Corks opinion on size makes sense, can anybody say that Pacqiao(sp?) or Jose Aldo are credible threats to JDS or Klitschko?

This is why suspension of disbelief in pro-wrestling now is ludicrous to say the least. Daniel Bryan beating a Big Show or Mark Henry isn't very credible if you take into account the size differential, sure the smaller guy would have a better skillset, but that doesn't mean the bigger guy wouldn't destroy them.

Also, Johnny Kickpadz is right as well, most indy guys are indistinguishable from the other guy, and most come off as marks in their matches.

Also, everyone taking the time to single out one person, even though they admitted to being a bully, is doing the exact same thing. Hypocrisy people, let's learn it.

And Eddie and Benoit were small only in height, both were built like tanks.

What about when Mysterio did it and everyone was okay with it? It's safe to say that all the Indy guys WWE is signing are going to be bigger than Mysterio, and he got clean wins over much bigger opponents.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What about when Mysterio did it and everyone was okay with it? It's safe to say that all the Indy guys WWE is signing are going to be bigger than Mysterio, and he got clean wins over much bigger opponents.

What are you talking about? There were massive outcries when Rey was on his road to the title. Do you not remember the Chicago crowd clearly rooting for Angle and booing Rey at Mania?

This isn't a new concept...........Vanilla midgets have been used since 96.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What are you talking about? There were massive outcries when Rey was on his road to the title. Do you not remember the Chicago crowd clearly rooting for Angle and booing Rey at Mania?

This isn't a new concept...........Vanilla midgets have been used since 96.

Only outcry I remember was them making it seem like divine intervention from Eddie was helping Mysterio win the title, but that was 6 years ago, can't remember exactly to be honest, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Once again I have to ask though, if the indies are not the place WWE should get their future talent, where exactly should they look?

Pete

Reaction score
^TNA. All their best wrestlers and their legends are there now anyway.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Only outcry I remember was them making it seem like divine intervention from Eddie was helping Mysterio win the title, but that was 6 years ago, can't remember exactly to be honest, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Once again I have to ask though, if the indies are not the place WWE should get their future talent, where exactly should they look?

Probably he want WWE to hire failed NFL players or Body Builders who have no interest in Pro.wrestling .