WWE Signing More Indy Talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think the IQ went down when Cork entered this thread...I just don't care much for as a person after some of those last comments. If wrestling is fake then get the fuck out of a wrestling thread. No one wants you here then.

I totally agree with Deejay. If there was no Indy Scene, then WWE and wrestling in general would have died off years ago. Its like the minor leagues for any other major sport. If there's no minor leagues, where is the new talent coming from?

And I would like to know what Indy scenes you've watched Cork. 120 pounds? Wait, you've probably never even giving indy scenes a chance. You just condemned them all because you're an ignorant prick.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
And yes, I would have prol bullied Danielson at school and threw him in a locker while robbing his dinner money. Wrestling is fake btw.
But what does that have to do with the present? Mark Henry was bullied aswell, so can you not take him seriously either because you would have likely bullied him too?

TKK

Reaction score
It's not just the fact they are Indy wrestlers, its that they look more like fans than wrestlers. When you watch wrestling you can suspend your belief a bit but why would I even care about people I can beat up fighting each other?

Plus, Indy wrestlers don't even know how to work a match. I watched that Adam Cole against Bill O' Reilly match and what a shit tip off that was......it was a bunch of kicks and chops ffs. If that is one of the matches of the year then people really need to start watching Dolph Ziggler matches.

How can you make such a statement when you have stated that you don't watch independent wrestling? Believe it or not, watching one match isn't enough to make a statement on the whole of independent wrestling. That's like saying nobody in TNA can put on a good match after watching Hogan vs. Sting, it makes absolutely no sense. You're just spewing out your assumptions as fact and it makes you sound idiotic to be honest.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cork, where exactly do you expect WWE to get their talent from now on if the Indies aren't the place to go?

Listen man, I don't have a problem with ALL indy wrestlers, that's just a blanket statement. It just so happens that most indy wrestlers are trash, can't work a match without going all puro and trying to be like MMA, and they have no charisma.

I even said I liked Chris Hero in the nXt thread!

It's just a personal preference. I don't get all shitty when you guys spaz out over John Cena winning a match but I don't get the same courtesy applied here for saying Davey Richards or Hugh Givesashit sucks. EOR seems to take it to heart like I've murdered his family or some shit.

But what does that have to do with the present? Mark Henry was bullied aswell, so can you not take him seriously either because you would have likely bullied him too?

Mark Henry is a 300+ powerlifter now, not a 120lbs vegan nerd.

How can you make such a statement when you have stated that you don't watch independent wrestling? Believe it or not, watching one match isn't enough to make a statement on the whole of independent wrestling. That's like saying nobody in TNA can put on a good match after watching Hogan vs. Sting, it makes absolutely no sense. You're just spewing out your assumptions as fact and it makes you sound idiotic to be honest.

Derp.

Read the sentence below which you bolded.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'd pay decent money to watch Daniel Bryan kick the shit out of this Cork tool. He's on my ignore list with Hatred but man based on people quoting him, this tool won't shut up.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Cork, where exactly do you expect WWE to get their talent from now on if the Indies aren't the place to go?

WCW, wait no. I know a clowning machine i know Vince has the money for it.

I'd pay decent money to watch Daniel Bryan kick the shit out of this Cork tool. He's on my ignore list with Hatred but man based on people quoting him, this tool won't shut up.

NAW Crock would take his lunch money and stuff him in his locker, All that MMA training doesn't mean shit in a real fight 8D. Crock takes bigger shits then Bryan.

TKK

Reaction score
Derp.

Read the sentence below which you bolded.

I did. You just shitted on Cole/O' Reilly (I thought it was pretty good). You said that their match doesn't compare to Dolph Ziggler matches, am I right? Want to tell me about how big WWE guys (since you're an 'E mark) like Titus O' Neill and Percy Watson are better than indy darlings such as Daniel Bryan and CM Punk?

Raid every strongman competition in the country, Cork will be very satisfied.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I did. You just shitted on Cole/O' Reilly (I thought it was pretty good). You said that their match doesn't compare to Dolph Ziggler matches, am I right? Want to tell me about how big WWE guys (since you're an 'E mark) like Titus O' Neill and Percy Watson are better than indy darlings such as Daniel Bryan and CM Punk?

Punk has been in the WWE for 6 years, I think its time you stop claiming him as an indy wrestler.

Also I never compared WWE jobbers to indy main eventers, so IDK where that came from. But given the choice hell yeah I would rather watch PTP than Rhett Titus or Stiff Jap Jobber, because they know how to work a match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Titus O'Neil has no clue how to work a match, just saying.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

THANK YOU! For the info on the ignore list. I didn't even know about that, Such a noob haha. But that makes threads so much more enjoyable now.

I think we've swayed from the topic here. Is that Cruiserweight show going through? Cause with all these new signings, it seems like it. Also, it said WWE is looking to sign top Indy talents? Who else can you see being signed? I'd love to see Adam Cole and O'Reily get a try out match at least. But I also don't want to see WWE deplete the RoH roster.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
not a 120lbs vegan nerd. .
Way to act like Michael Cole. Given how into MMA you are I do find it pretty damn hilarious you don't mention all the training he does in mainly MMA practices.

Also, I really don't understand why you buy into all this shit about 'Well this guy is *insert size* so he's bound to be *insert generic reference to their size* as if it's a simple fact. How many times have you read backstage stories about different guys punking each other out? Joey Styles and JBL ring a bell? Jericho and Goldberg?

You watch lots of MMA, the tallest, the muscliest, the strongest etc guys don't always win. Now that's a fact.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Way to act like Michael Cole. Given how into MMA you are I do find it pretty damn hilarious you don't mention all the training he does in mainly MMA practices.

Also, I really don't understand why you buy into all this shit about 'Well this guy is *insert size* so he's bound to be *insert generic reference to their size* as if it's a simple fact. How many times have you read backstage stories about different guys punking each other out? Joey Styles and JBL ring a bell? Jericho and Goldberg?

You watch lots of MMA, the tallest, the muscliest, the strongest etc guys don't always win. Now that's a fact.

I'm not into the guy at all so didn't know he's MMA trained or whatever.

As for the MMA comparison - MMA has clearly defined weight classes with 10/15lbs between them, it's not like Khali vs Hornswoggle. If Daniel Bryan was put into a Cruiserweight division with other 5ft slim guys then I could buy that and would maybe even take an interest, but as it is he is being presented as a mega nerd while still going for the HW Title, it makes no sense to me.

For example, him beating Big Show and Henry was ridiculous tbh.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well you should definitely look into his training and from what i've seen on Twitter he actually watches events when he gets the chance.

I understand what you mean about the weight classes and how him beating Henry / Show is kind of ridiculous but those are what I would call the rare examples of where you do truly have to suspend your beliefs. I have no problems with him beating the likes of Cena/Orton/Sheamus though except for actual kayfabe credibility.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Cork, we're talking about WWE's signings, smartass. Therefore we're talking about opinions on WWE wrestlers, and overall discussions. If the masses on the forums like the indy guys, or just the indies n shit, you'll hate them. If everyone likes Punk and Bryan, you'll hate them. Everyone expects good, nice, well done, technical matches, you expect it'd be boring. That, my friend is when someone hates things because they're 'too mainstream'. Ain't it?

Therefore, you're a hipster, atleast forums-wise.