WWE Raw 22/7/13 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The thing I'm most interested in isn't even up there and that's the start of the build for Cena and Bryan's WWE Title match.

We know the Bella twins are gonna get involved, but the question is, how much emphasis are they gonna put on that compared with what the main focus of the feud should be, which is building up to that special moment when Bryan finally completes his journey from wrestling in the Indies (and in high school gyms, from what I've seen) to winning the most coveted prize in all of wrestling? There's a lot of interesting things they could do for this feud like having Vince doubt Bryan's ability to truly defeat "his guy" John Cena, the man who has represented his company for nearly the past decade. You could have Triple H talking about how he believes that anyone with the right determination can eventually rise to the top. You could have Shawn Michaels make an appearance on Raw on the go home show and tell him that this is it, this is the moment that Bryan's whole career has been building towards, which all started from the very moment that Michaels himself started training Bryan way back when. HBK could recant what achieving the "boyhood dream" at Wrestlemania 12 felt like and how Bryan has the chance of a lifetime to do the same this Sunday by defeating one of the greatest of all time to become WWE Champion. He could also warn him of how tough of an opponent John Cena is as well.

I'm just hoping that the Bella Hoes and the whole soap opera aspect of them being involved and each taking the side of "their man" isn't the main thing that the feud revolves around. I'm pretty certain it won't be because I don't see how they could build an entire program over just that for the next four Raw episodes.

I can't see it just being about the Bellas. No way. They can't take the spotlight completely off Bryan and Cena. Obviously they're high on Bryan and want him to succeed, and they definitely know exactly what they have in him. Crossing fingers that they get the storytelling right and keep it simple though. Sure they can use the McMahons for a rub as long as they don't overshadow this at all. Great call with Michaels, hope he'll be out there.

The Bellas can go catfight and plug Total Divas in their own segment we can all happily mute.

Either way, the 5-Point Preview made me less excited for Raw.
-Lesnar and Punk should be good, but will it be a letdown after last week?
-What will Big Show do? Will he stay heel? Will he set up some young talent he can job to?
-Is Mark Henry really face, and what will change about him?
-CENA AND BRYAN!
-Will Bray Wyatt get the mic, and will Kane appear?

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just a note to everyone that tonight's Raw will be taped and next weeks Raw will be taped tomorrow and Smackdown will be taped Tuesday and the next weeks Smackdown will be taped Wednesday as all talent are going overseas to do the shows in Australia and China

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Just a note to everyone that tonight's Raw will be taped and next weeks Raw will be taped tomorrow and Smackdown will be taped Tuesday and the next weeks Smackdown will be taped Wednesday as all talent are going overseas to do the shows in Australia and China

Source or its bullshit. Btw tomorrow is Tuesday so it sounds like bs.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Going to be here tonight again, hoping for a good showing as they've been doing.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
No you said tonight as taped, That was bullshit. stfu.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
*Slow clap* You learned to read from dirtsheets congratz.

Reactions: Snowman1

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I was right with the shows being taped though and them all touring overseas

They also aren't "all" touring overseas. The entire roster will not be there. Some are doing house shows in the states (like Punk) while others are going overseas for shows (like Cena). Quit stating easily-proven BS as facts. All you have to do is go to www.wwe.com/events to check the cards and see that not every wrestler on the roster is going overseas. Ugh.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
In other news....... not overly thrilled or excited for tonight's show, but whatever. Maybe it'll be better than I expect. I figure odds are I'll be here regardless.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Nah, The preview always looks shit. Their on a roll and I wouldnt expect that to stop now. Please give us Ziggler Vs Del Rio again. Please!