• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE RAW 1st August 2011 - LIVE Discussion

SoccerBoy

seeing that 7-11 commerical made me wish Houston had 7-11's but we dont. Hopefully there are some to where i go to for college.

I wish Ricardo said MITB in Spanish lol.

ADR is facing Bourne.

Andrew

Kofi isn't used on RAW tonight either... Wow...

Bourne vs ADR.

I see ADR going over, Bourne upset would be quite nice.

Troy

I am on fire. I mentioned Evan Bourne as a potential opponent and he is now coming out to face Del Rio. No doubt he will lose but still he is in the mainevent match on RAW.

Andrew

Bourne got a huge reaction, you see... Ryder, Santino & Bourne got some loud pops but they're hardly used on RAW.

This says something!

Troy

They call that WWE Superstars lol

I think they'd have enough to carry all the brands look at how many guys were on the roster back in the day when RAW and Smackdown had the same Roster. WWE keeps people on payroll purely to prevent them from going elsewhere.

But Superstars isn't even televisied in the US anymore so there is really no point to it and they never booked that show properly.

But back then they had all the big stars appearing on both shows therefore keeping the ratings extremely high. If they dilute the top stars again then the ratings will suffer.

Andrew

What happened to Jack Swagger? He hasn't been used lately on RAW and just realized that.

Troy

Bourne got a huge reaction, you see... Ryder, Santino & Bourne got some loud pops but they're hardly used on RAW.

This says something!

I think it says that they aren't too many faces on RAW. Most midcarders are heels so it is good to have someone to cheer.

Completely forgot about Kofi.

Troy

What happened to Jack Swagger? He hasn't been used lately on RAW and just realized that.

Another that is lost in the shuffle. So many potential stars that just aren't given time. Kofi, Swagger, McIntyre and Masters to name four.

Del Rio wins with the arm bar.

Andrew

ADR wins in 3 minutes.

1 single match - 3 minutes
2 Tag Matches - total of 8 minutes
Diva Battle Royal - 4 minutes.

So about 17-20 minutes of wrestling has been used tonight. Quite sad really.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Holy shit it's 1 hour and 44 minutes in the show and I just heard someone call a move. Damn!

Cole with a Cool Runnings reference awesome!

Troy I don't think you'd need to waste time building people up I think if you made a third brand right now people would watch and accept people getting shots at titles on the show eventually they would establish the classes and the WWE would be evened out. Think the big thing would be Production thats where you don't have the man power.

Andrew

After match ADR uses the armbar only for Kofi to come make the save.

This could set up Summerslam feud.

Troy

Del Rio locks in the arm bar again and Kofi Kingston runs out for the save. Kofi chant starts up. Good to see he hasn't been forgotten about and I wouldn't mind a feud between those two.

Andrew

Vladimir Kozlov pinned Primo. JTG came out for commentary and got a huge pop. Quite a few people were even standing. Unreal.

Jack Swagger beat Chris Masters. Three arenas in two weeks I've seen Masters work in. The crowd reaction is hot every time. Masters tapped to the ankle lock. Same spots as last night in Springfield except for the finish.

Jim Ross came out to a nice pop. Michael Cole came out with no music and a ton of heat. Jerry Lawler received a standing ovation. The Superstars taping is complete.

Superstar results.

So Swagger is now reverted to Superstars and Vladimir & Santino ends with no explanation? Righttttttt...

HHH coming out next.

Troy

ADR wins in 3 minutes.

1 single match - 3 minutes
2 Tag Matches - total of 8 minutes
Diva Battle Royal - 4 minutes.

So about 17-20 minutes of wrestling has been used tonight. Quite sad really.

Terrible how little wrestling there has been. But I would say that the first tag team match alone went for around 10 minutes.

Holy shit it's 1 hour and 44 minutes in the show and I just heard someone call a move. Damn!

Cole with a Cool Runnings reference awesome!

Troy I don't think you'd need to waste time building people up I think if you made a third brand right now people would watch and accept people getting shots at titles on the show eventually they would establish the classes and the WWE would be evened out. Think the big thing would be Production thats where you don't have the man power.

If it is a proper third brand I guess it could work but if they book it like they did with Superstars it will fail horribly. They need to really build it up and promote the hell out of it if they decide to go in that direction. I really can't see them bringing in another brand though. ECW, NXT and Superstars are all new shows that haven't worked and two of those were new brands.