WWE Money in the Bank Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Let the discussion begin..........

Personally I'm looking foward to the PPV. Nobody seems to be totally sure as to who will win either MITB match which I think is great. The cage match for the WWE championship I think will turn out top notch and again the Nexus stuff really interests me.

Airfixx

Reaction score
These matches will be unrecognisable compared to their WM incarnations of MITB (See the horrific DX/Jerishow TLC match or the HIAC-lites we were served up at last year's PPVs of the same name).

Also, prepare yourself for the sight of Nexus invading the cage and giving us a non-finish to Cena/Sheamus... (i.e. a cheap way to keep the belt on Sheamus without Jonny C taking one for the team)

Looking forward to Rey v Swagger tho'.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also, prepare yourself for the sight of Nexus invading the cage and giving us a non-finish to Cena/Sheamus... (i.e. a cheap way to keep the belt on Sheamus without Jonny C taking one for the team)

I'm actually expecting Nexus to aid Sheamus in retaining the title, running with the old divide and conquor story.

Looking forward to Rey v Swagger tho'.

I am too, but only because I feel like Rey will retain by some miracle only to have the SD briefcase cashed in right after the match.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Could be wrong about the cage match, but considering a chair swingin' Sheamus came to Cena's aid on Monday night, i'll stick with my prediction.

Rey/Swagger: As long as they're not intent on sellling Rey's ankle 'injury' too heavily, I think these two will work a great match.

Agreed, there will be some kind of cash in on the night though (they blatantly haven't got the balls to do this at Mania and it's begging to be done)...

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
Sheamus will retain when Nexus somehow enters the cage. What's to stop them from climbing over? It will be revealed that Sheamus coming to Cena's aid was just a setup.

This will free up Cena to take on Nexus fulltime and get him away from the belt for a while.

As for the Raw MITB, there will be a face winner. Probably Morrison. This sets up Sheamus's next feud, which will probably amount to a few squash matches over Morrison leading up to a feud with Orton over the belt.

CMS

Reaction score
Doubtful about Morrison though. If anything, they'll continue with Bourne's push.

noumenon

Reaction score
Bourne's push is the most appealing option by far at this point. Morrison is nowhere near ready for a main event push with his absolutely atrocious mic skills... MAYBE as a heel... definitely not as a face. Bourne however has the Jeff effect where he really doesn't need to speak, he's over enough with his move set alone and the under dog factor to really carry him through. I sadly get the feeling though that we just may see Orton win the briefcase in a rather underwhelming and obvious outcome.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I'm not to sure who's going to win the RAW MITB, I'd hope for Bourne due to his recent push, then we have Orton who doesn't really need to win it but they may give him it just because he's so over atm and because they need a reason to get him back in the M/E which would be lazy booking. There's also Edge who could win yet another briefcase, I could see him screwing Orton over somehow and then winning which would continue their feud and put the briefcase and maybe title into their feud too. I think it could be good for Jericho to win as well, it would give him something to do besides get Bourne over and I'm sure I read somewhere that the MITB match was Jericho's idea so maybe they could repay him by letting him win one.

Smackdown MITB is like a real MITB, its all uppermidcarders/midcarders trying to win themselves a title shot whereas RAWs you have guys that have already Main Evented alot, SD just has Big Show and Punk if you count him. Big Show is not winning. You wouldn't think Kane would although he's been awesome lately. CM Punk really shouldn't win due to him winning two already and he has alot going on right now. You'd think Christian or Matt Hardy have the best chance of winning, I'd prefer Christian and I'm sure most others would too, hes done pretty much nothing since his move to SD so it would be good for him. I'm not sure if they're gonna give Matt another shot or not, a real long shot to win would be Ziggler imo, Vickie may get involved somehow, I think he'd do well with it, he'd need alot of building after winning before he cashed in but it could work.

Cena Vs Sheamus should be a good match, hopefully they get some good time before Nexus interfere and do whatever. Also, is the new RAW GM being announced at the PPV, he may have something to do with the Main Event, he better not send a stupid email during the match!

Rey Vs Swagger should be good but as someone said, I hope they don't have Rey sell the ankle too badly through the match, I don't wanna see Swagger dominate him and continuously hurt the ankle then Rey get a suprise roll up for the win or anything. If they don't do that it should be good and I could see Rey retaining and continuing the feud with Swagger until the SD MITB winner cashes in.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Could be wrong about the cage match, but considering a chair swingin' Sheamus came to Cena's aid on Monday night, i'll stick with my prediction.

Like 54 said below, I'm thinking that Sheamus is just setting Cena up. On Raw Nexus didn't even touch Sheamus or attempt to run him down, that's kinda why I'm leaning towards Nexus playing nice with the heels, keeping them out of the picture while they take on Cena/Orton etc.

Rey/Swagger: As long as they're not intent on sellling Rey's ankle 'injury' too heavily, I think these two will work a great match.

Unfortunately that is exactly what I see. Swagger works over Rey's ankle throughout the entire match, finish comes with Rey reversing the ankle lock into a roll up for the win.

I hope not. I don't want to see any of the SD MITB guys as champ, except maybe a nasty monster heel Big Show.

Big Show would be nice but I'm thinking Kane takes the belt and holds it until Undertaker comes back.

CMS

Reaction score
There's an scenario I was working on back when I had a BTB and I would like it for WWE to use it now. And I think it fits.

Randy Orton and Edge after MITB are pretty much left high and dry after this PPV, and you know they will be in a high profile match going into Summerslam. What I would do is to have Randy Orton win the MITB Ladder Match, then have Edge challenge him for the briefcase at Summerslam. That way, you keep both guys a little longer out of the title picture (don't want to see Orton/Cena or Cena/Edge right now, and I dont think I never want to see Sheamus vs Orton again), leave Cena if titleless free for his match against Nexus and leave Sheamus free for his midcard WWE Championship match against Bourne or Morrison.

Anyways, at Summerslam, you finally have Edge and Orton put a good match, put the 15-20 minute match they were slated to put at Over the Limit, and Edge wins the briefcase by cheating. Then, at the end of the night, either on Rey or on the winning Evan Bourne/John Morrison, you have Edge cashing in his newly won briefcase.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Personally, I would really like to see Kane with the Smackdown MitB match. He has looked rather godo lately and I feel that next to Show he is by far the most deserving person on the roster of a run with the strap. Not only could it potentially further the Undertaker storyline but also freshen up the main event scene of Smackdown. He could play the tweener role nicely, feud with guys like Punk, Swagger, Rey and Show right off the bat, with potentially a match with a younger guy like Drew or Kofi to put them over as main eventers. Even though I am not a fan of either of those two in particular I think that they are the next two to be called up to the main event. Kane has made a carrer of helping put others over. It would not onlt reward him for all his hard work but it could also help the WWE build for the future (Kofi and Drew are sure fire main eventers in teh future, no doubt)

Montana

Reaction score
This is actually a WWE PPV i have a little interest in. Not too trilled about the 2 divas matches, but 2 ladder matches, and 2 title matches is a nice combo.

I'd like to see Swagger win the belt back, BUT i have a feeling Rey is holding the belt, until SummerSlam where it will be back around CM PUnk's waist.

No one seems to have any faith in John Cena in his match against Shaemus. Guess he'll continue to fued with Nexus.

Drew Mcintyre seems to be a lock for the SD MITB, and i'd liek to see a suprise in teh Raw MITB. Perhaps Wade Barrett or something.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I am all for Punk winning the WHC again, but I am not sure that I want to see him and Rey involved in ANOTHER program, towards the end of their previous one felt kind of meh. I see Rey retaining and entering a feud with the SD MitB winner (McIntyre, Kane, whoever) and Swagger going off and facing Show again.

On the Raw side, I see Sheamus winning with some kind of Nexus involvelent, furthering the Cena/Nexus program with a potential Cena/Barrett match at Summer Slam, I see wither Orton or Miz winning the SD MitB, but Bourne, Jericho and Edge are all possibilities as well, if Bourne wins (which is highly unlikely), I see a RVD type of Cash in @ Summer Slam, I am however expecting one of two things to happen with the MitB cash ins, there is going to be a same night cash in, which the WWE has I think wanted to do for awhile, but they are too pussy to try it at Mania Or one of the winners is going to fail to succesfully cash in, with all the talks of the succesful cash ins I see a failed cash in, particularly on the Raw side.

The Diva matches and Tag matches I am having a hard time getting into, I see the Harts and Layla retaining and Fox losing to most likely Eve.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Anyways, at Summerslam, you finally have Edge and Orton put a good match, put the 15-20 minute match they were slated to put at Over the Limit, and Edge wins the briefcase by cheating. Then, at the end of the night, either on Rey or on the winning Evan Bourne/John Morrison, you have Edge cashing in his newly won briefcase.

1. Edge doesn't need to win anymore MitB matches.
2. Edge doesn't need to be World champ for a long time
3. Edge needs to stay the hell away from winning any world titles.