WWE Killed Umaga's Character

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^I thought that BEFORE the draft.... Perfect for ECW champ (plus any 'rookies' come close to a win over a 'beastily' booked Umaga-like figure, that's a damn good rub!).

WCW Rules

Reaction score
This happens to nearly every monster character; they come in, are undefeated for awhile, main event a PPV or so, and then diminish in prominence. Umaga's character has been soiled, and I think it's beyond repair. He no longer captures the audience, as he used to do, and he's no longer a force to be reckoned with; he merely defeats jobbers and jobs to the big boys. That's his career, unfortunately.

Airfixx

Maybe they should just bring him back as another character altogether, have him talk and see if he can get over in another way (See Rikish from the ashes of The Sultan)... The guys great in the ring... Would be a damn waste.

Reaction score
If they moved Umaga to ECW, he'll probably get a run with the ECW Championship.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Umaga is bland and boring as shit...all of his matches are the same, same moves same everything. It wouldnt hurt me at all if Umagas WWE carreer ended sooner than later..The only feud I would like would be vs Big Show and vs Taker.

Airfixx

^^^It's not suprising that Umaga's matches have become overly 'samey' to some when you consider the matches he's been booked for.... Can't remember the last time I saw him go longer than 10mins. I'm sure if you saw him in, say, a 20min-er you'd see a bit more of what he's capable of.... They need to give him the opportunity to show tha savage animalistic side of his character, the kind of shit that only surfaces when you're back's REALLY up against the wall.

I do agree however, as a wrestler, Eddie Fatu is a victim of the scope of his character (or at least the formula that WWE adopts for such characters), and that even a Taker/Umaga fued wouldn't have a whole lot of mileage in it, but can you imagine how good a last man standing match between them would be (Especially if they held it inside HIAC! LOL)?

Moonlight Drive

Umaga matches are all the same? Like Airfixx said, when has he been given an opportunity to work a major PPV match to showcase his ability? All I can think of are

1-Cena vs Umaga-NYR 2007~Can't really comment since I haven't seen it

2-Cena vs Umaga-LMS-RR 2007~That match is fucking insane. Proves how great a worker Umaga is

3-Lashley vs Umaga-WM 23~In the grand scope of things, up against Bobby Lashley and with the weird-ass gimmick behind it, this was a very good match imo.

4-Umaga vs Batista-WM 24~This match plain sucked, although I do blame that more on Batista than Umaga, neither man really tried too hard though...

And Airfixx hit the nail on the head about his character. The solution for all this:

BRING BACK ARMANDO. Umaga was at least twice as good when he had Estrada by his side, Armando can cut a good promo and get the crowd into the character and into the match.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
He also really impressed me in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, he is a great monster, but i agree with -HBK- he needs a mouthpiece, and estrada is obviously the best choice for him but with him now signed on ECW's roster i don't know whether they will put them back together, shame really as it probably means he will continue to be a bit lost on return. Would like to see Umaga gets a title run at some point or at least feud for it, however we have seen Umaga-HHH and Umaga-Hardy far too often already so thats unlikely, was mentioned around the time of the draft that Umaga got screwed by it, and i guess its true. On a side note i liked his feud with Kennedy.

Airfixx

^^^Yeah the draft did fuck him up a bit.... He's fueded with most of the likely candidates already. (HHH, Hardy, Kennedy...)

Reaction score
He also really impressed me in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, he is a great monster, but i agree with -HBK- he needs a mouthpiece, and estrada is obviously the best choice for him but with him now signed on ECW's roster i don't know whether they will put them back together, shame really as it probably means he will continue to be a bit lost on return. Would like to see Umaga gets a title run at some point or at least feud for it, however we have seen Umaga-HHH and Umaga-Hardy far too often already so thats unlikely, was mentioned around the time of the draft that Umaga got screwed by it, and i guess its true. On a side note i liked his feud with Kennedy.

Wait..hold the phone..he had a feud with Kennedy lol. I did not know that. Also the reasoning for his match with Batista at WrestleMania 24 not working was because it was so random and it didn't have enough or hardly any build to it, so it became very bland because no one cared that they were fighting. A Raw VS. SmackDown! match isn't exciting, anymore. They happen all the time, so what was so special about that match? I think that match was made just so Batista could have a match at WrestleMania and he could get over another wrestler that he hasn't wrestled or defeated, yet who has credit to their name. I do agree on Umaga getting back his mouthpiece because I think that is one of the only things that can save his career and maybe getting a US title run before he comes into the WWE Championship picture and he has to be unstoppable again, meaning that he can't lose so easily to guys like Triple H and Jeff Hardy and even The Undertaker.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
^^ A feud with the undertaker has some good potential, i would quite like to see it, guess it will have to wait to after Take/Show/Vickie but i don't know when Umaga will be back anyway. And yes, his first mini feud on smackdown was with kennedy before both got injured, he started coming down after matches and spiking him etc, then squashing him in matches if i recall correctly...? was only brief but i thought it could have gone somewhere

Reaction score
They need to give Umaga a run with the WWE title, but first give him much more hype and Armando Alejandro Estrada as a manager, I mean Estrada isn't really doing anything in ECW, anyway.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
Shit i thought Umaga was Rosey, i can remember what his old name was