WWE Killed Umaga's Character

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It seems as if that the WWE has killed Umaga's character. At first, I was really feeling his character; he was an unstoppable Samoan monster; he was undefeated and almost untouchable in his matches. Now, he is a jobber to WWE's top talent, therefore his character serves no purpose, anymore and loses all its flavor. Also, one big minus on WWE killing Umaga's character is that they took away his mouth piece Armando Alejandro Estrada, which added a lot of personality to his character and was a personal hypeman. I feel that at this point, Umaga doesn't really have that big a future in the WWE and it wouldn't surpise me, if his whole character becomes stail and dies out altogether.

Christian

Reaction score
wasnt he supposed to become wwe champ when he went to SD.

oh wait, hes injured. i just remembered that

The Rated R CMStar

The end of his Raw tenure was pathetic, but a guy like Umaga, give him some dominant matches and he'll be back on board as a credible unstopable monster. And he was on a right track on SD, squashing Mr. Kennedy and others.

He isn't anymore on a main event level, but like I said, he's one attack to The Undertaker away from a main event feud

Ballin

Reaction score
His career wasn't going to well on RAW anyways.

But what I think they should do with him is return him as face [seeings how SD has a lack of faces] and he enters the ring sporting his official "Umaga" shirt with Super Crazy as his maneger (he's all I could think of Maneger worthy on SD).

Thoughts on that? I know Umaga/Super Crazy sounds kinda bad but Super Crazy would only be the speaker and Umaga as the fighter. Plus, I've always wanted to see Umaga as face.

Great One

Um.. no, his character was never intended to last. Honestly, what TRUE MONSTER character has ever lasted in the WWE? Kane? That's about it, and the WWE 'ruined' his character too. Umaga's good in the ring, but he bored the shit out of me and was useless for the past year.

Reaction score

But what I think they should do with him is return him as face [seeings how SD has a lack of faces] and he enters the ring sporting his official "Umaga" shirt with Super Crazy as his maneger (he's all I could think of Maneger worthy on SD).

Thoughts on that? I know Umaga/Super Crazy sounds kinda bad but Super Crazy would only be the speaker and Umaga as the fighter. Plus, I've always wanted to see Umaga as face.

Umaga suddenly turned face around SummerSlam 2008 and then suddenly turned heel, again.

Cenaspinner84

Reaction score
i second on seeing him turn face... start laying the smackdown on all the bad guys lol...

C4

You have the opposite. That's where everything was going good... on RAW, as soon as he shifted to Smackdown, everything went down the drain and Umaga became a jobber.

But don't worry guys, he is going to be back and they are going to save his character and aren't going to leave him as a jobber.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
he's one attack to The Undertaker away from a main event feud

Sure, pick up a win, get squashed at Wrestlemania and go back to doing nothing.

He's bound to speak to save his career though

It didn't save Kamala's career. I doubt speaking will do anythng but kill any mystique his character has left.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Give him time he's injured at the moment. Wait til he comes back and has a big feud with HHH or Jeff Hardy possibly costing someone a title match maybe. He is the Samoan Bulldozer and will come back strong you have to wait and see....

Airfixx

Umaga v HHH or Jeff is hardly gonna get me trembling with excitement since we saw both numerous times last year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
^ i 2ND that we have seen umaga v HHH or Jeff loads last year. Id much rather see him dominating in mid card against ppl we haven't seen him go up against. And not jobbing, Maybe getting US title run.

Reaction score
^ i 2ND that we have seen umaga v HHH or Jeff loads last year. Id much rather see him dominating in mid card against ppl we haven't seen him go up against. And not jobbing, Maybe getting US title run.

I think that if Umaga had a title run with the US title than his credibilty would go up and he'll probably become better than Shelton Benjamin with his star quality winning of him winning the United States Championship.

BigDaddyVDrop

Reaction score
well if they rebulid as unstoppable Samoan monster they should send him over to ECW brand