WWE Holding Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night in August

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Shawn didn't help the company? He was half of DX, a key raw brand figure, and main evented the most bought mania there was until this one in 23. Heck even when injured he still worked for them as an ambassador. I'm not denying he was a dick, but he did help the company and help build some talent especially in his feud with HHH and evolution as he helped Randy and Dave work the kinks out when they were green

Got_Swag

Reaction score
Helped himself? He put over so much of the talent when he returned in 2002. He didn't want to be the World/WWE Champion, when on numerous times Vince wanted to drop the belt onto him, but he wanted the younger talent to carry the title.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Come to think of it Shawn worked with a lot of young or inexperienced/green talent in the second tour
- Masters (masters best match of his career was on ppv vs him)
- Carlito
- Cody
- Ted
- Randy
- Batista
- Shelton (lord knows he lived off that match and the win over HHH to get hyped for his potential)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I remember them advertising an appearance last year around this time on the Roulette Show where Punk did his epic shoot, but even on that one, he was in a few backstage segments and Superkick a few people, that's it. People complain a lot over petty things.

And you think that's not what this will be?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Shawn didn't put over anyone that wouldn't have got over without him. Dave and Orton were established by association with Hunter and Flair, not Michaels. Carlito was only over once in his entire WWE career and it was right after his win over Cena, not Michaels. Cody and Ted owe their careers to Orton, not Michaels. Shelton owes his to Kurt Angle. Psych, by your logic anyone who's ever had a match with Michaels was ESTABLISHED by Michaels which is just plain stupid.

You also don't need to give me a history lesson on the guy, I wasn't born yesterday. The only time he was even in a position to help WWE was 96-97 and aside from the 6 months he was in DX, he was a total flop. WCW murdered WWE the entire time he was their top guy and only blind HBK marks can't admit that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm an HBK mark and I basically agree with We Are Legion, other than the fact that from 2003-2010 he never held a world title, I'm sorry, but how was that selfish of him? I won't disagree with anything you say about pre-2002 HBK, he was a power-hungry dick, even though he did put on some great matches.

Got_Swag

Reaction score
From Montreal I see, spoken by a Bret Hart fan I see! Now that would be enough said about how you feel about HBK!

Anyways to stay on topic, The Rock had his appreciation night, but I do not think we'll see the confettie with HBK much like The Rock did, even though that was his birthday celebration

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Shawn didn't put over anyone that wouldn't have got over without him. Dave and Orton were established by association with Hunter and Flair, not Michaels. Carlito was only over once in his entire WWE career and it was right after his win over Cena, not Michaels. Cody and Ted owe their careers to Orton, not Michaels. Shelton owes his to Kurt Angle. Psych, by your logic anyone who's ever had a match with Michaels was ESTABLISHED by Michaels which is just plain stupid.

You also don't need to give me a history lesson on the guy, I wasn't born yesterday. The only time he was even in a position to help WWE was 96-97 and aside from the 6 months he was in DX, he was a total flop. WCW murdered WWE the entire time he was their top guy and only blind HBK marks can't admit that.
Cody and Ted owe their career to Orton? DX made those two credible. Do you not remember the feud, the mic time, or the three match series on ppv that got them taken seriously because Hunter and Michaels were the first ones to actually make them look like they could legit kick ass in non gang up situations. Cody and Ted were tackling dummies alongside Randy to start, got no mic time, and weren't taken seriously to DX

I never said Shelton was established by Michaels. I said he lived off that match and the win over HHH, as a singles wrestler. That is what got his potential talked about. He got his start with Kurt but was just a tag guy, nothing more and had nothing else until Hunter put him over and people hyped the hell out the michaels gold rush match.

All I ssaid was Shawn spent a lot of time working with young and green talent in the ring in Carlito, Masters, and others in his second stint in 2002.

The rest is just Bret wank. I said he was a dick, but I stand by the fact he did a lot for the company in the ring and financially especially in the 02 return stint. No matter howmyounfeel about him his motpnth run on Raw was highly rated, as was him chasing the non draws Jericho and Orton, and he still headline the most bought wrestling ppv for years which is someon Austin can and Hogan can't boast. The guy is a top 10 draw of all time thanks to longevity

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
EffectsofRaven's head is gonna explode if he watches this shit :lol: Might be kinda cool but might be annoying with how much they'll put storylines on hold to jock Shawn the whole show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I still would pay to see shawn heel it up for a segment like he did Montreal and Hogan

His performance against hogan at SummerSlam alone deserves a tribute night by itself
[video=youtube;XyN5sAShqOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyN5sAShqOA[/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE looking to pop a rating. Have no issue with it since all it will be is Michaels will be there for the show and we will see some classic clips throughout the show. He is a big enough name so it makes sense for him to have a show like this.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They have had 'Appreciation Nights' before for Austin (when he buried the shit out of Taz) and Vince.

Also, couldn't disagree more with Legion. Michaels was working with a ratings cancer in Bret Hart during that whole time, he didn't stand a chance.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
From Montreal I see, spoken by a Bret Hart fan I see! Now that would be enough said about how you feel about HBK!
First of all, I am not Canadian, as I only moved here 3 months ago. I'm actually Texan... you know... the state where Shawn Michaels is from? Just clearing that up so you can acknowledge you have no clue what you're talking about.

Secondly, it's pretty ridiculous you assume that all Montréal fans are Bret Hart fans and anti-HBK just because of an incident way back in late 97.
Cody and Ted owe their career to Orton? DX made those two credible. Do you not remember the feud, the mic time, or the three match series on ppv that got them taken seriously because Hunter and Michaels were the first ones to actually make them look like they could legit kick ass in non gang up situations. Cody and Ted were tackling dummies alongside Randy to start, got no mic time, and weren't taken seriously to DX

I never said Shelton was established by Michaels. I said he lived off that match and the win over HHH, as a singles wrestler. That is what got his potential talked about. He got his start with Kurt but was just a tag guy, nothing more and had nothing else until Hunter put him over and people hyped the hell out the michaels gold rush match.

All I ssaid was Shawn spent a lot of time working with young and green talent in the ring in Carlito, Masters, and others in his second stint in 2002.

The rest is just Bret wank. I said he was a dick, but I stand by the fact he did a lot for the company in the ring and financially especially in the 02 return stint. No matter howmyounfeel about him his motpnth run on Raw was highly rated, as was him chasing the non draws Jericho and Orton, and he still headline the most bought wrestling ppv for years which is someon Austin can and Hogan can't boast. The guy is a top 10 draw of all time thanks to longevity
Michaels, a draw? :lmao Oh please, give me a break. Michaels was never... ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER a draw. You have seriously got to be shitting me. Even in the prime of his career, he couldn't sell out the friggin Alamodome in his home town at the 97 Royal Rumble. 60,000 is still about 20,000 short of that building's capacity for a wrestling event. And being near 3 other major cities, that had to hurt.

And no... none of the wrestlers you mentioned were "put over" by Michaels. Where are Benjamin and Masters now? What did they do? No one ever talks about those matches or the wrestlers you mentioned anymore. And Ted and Cody had one match against DX... so what? Ted isn't doing anything anymore either and Cody would be right where he is now without that match because of his feud and Wrestlemania match against Mysterio and his singles feud against Orton which were realistically his two biggest moments. The DX match didn't elevate his career at all, as he was still a "lacky to Orton" as you put it... even though his tenure in Legacy did a lot more for his career than even you seem to give Cody credit for. Cody owes a shit ton more to Orton than he will ever owe to Michaels.

And piss off with the "Bret wank" nonsense ffs, I haven't posted anything warranting that crap. Bret definitely put over a lot more people than Michaels, including Michaels himself and his entire clique, but that's not what we're talking about and I honestly don't give a crap about Bret.
Also, couldn't disagree more with Legion. Michaels was working with a ratings cancer in Bret Hart during that whole time, he didn't stand a chance.
If Bret was a ratings cancer, explain to me why WWE didn't start losing the ratings war until Bret and two wrestlers he put over immensely (Hall and Nash) left after WM12. The internet hate for Bret Hart and his name being dragged in to every thread involving Shawn Michaels is ridiculous. It's truly a tell-tale sign of someone's cluelessness when they assume any critic on earth still has a side of the fence between those two because of Survivor Series 97 which is childish and idiotic in every sense of the words. I love both wrestlers immensely, but Michaels could have never done what Bret did because Michaels wasn't doing it when he was still relevant. Michaels hasn't been relevant since 1998 and the only people he put over were his friends, Vader to an extent, and Austin (against his will). A very welcomed addition since 2002 definitely, unquestionably the best Wrestlemania matches every year he participated at the event... but not relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

BDC

Reaction score
WOW! Shawn has come to grips with all that happened. He's changed. I think Brett has gotten passed Michaels.

Aw! but the fan rage goes on and on....