WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Latest on Flair/WWE HOF
The latest on Ric Flair's WWE Hall of Fame status, according to The Wrestling Observer, is that both TNA and WWE are negotiating a deal so that Flair can appear at the ceremony.

While terms of the deal are being kept secret, the one detail that has leaked is that TNA wants the company name to be mentioned or featured in some fashion at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

How the fuck does TNA expect to get their company name said on a WWE show? TNA have nothing to do with The Four Horsemen anyway.

Vivido

Reaction score
It would be easy enough to mention that Ric Flair is currently still active as apart of TNA. Good luck to them thou.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Flair will show up no matter what TNA say, he isn't going to miss out on the Four Horsemen being inducted in the HOF. What are TNA going to do if he does show up? Fire him? WWE will then probably give him the WWE promotional deal that they offered him back before he joined TNA. WWE should mention TNA on the broadcast because it will mean nothing to most of those watching and it won't increase TNA's viewership.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Flair will show up no matter what TNA say, he isn't going to miss out on the Four Horsemen being inducted in the HOF. What are TNA going to do if he does show up? Fire him? WWE will then probably give him the WWE promotional deal that they offered him back before he joined TNA. WWE should mention TNA on the broadcast because it will mean nothing to most of those watching and it won't increase TNA's viewership.

If he showed up without permission doubt anything would happen to him but WWE would be liable for showing someone under contract to another company on TV.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Flair's been given permission by Dixie to appear at the HOF.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nodq.com said:
WWE has confirmed that Ric Flair will be appearing at the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony this Saturday in Miami.

We reported last week that TNA was open to Flair appearing, and wasn't asking for much in return from WWE. It's unlikely that WWE will plug TNA's product, but there may be some form of compensation for TNA allowing WWE to use Flair.
I'll say they are just gonna pay TNA to use him. Them actually plugging TNA would shock the hell out of me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
They told TNA they would be releasing Darren Young and a bunch of other jobbers once Mania is over, so for allowing them to use Ric Flair, WWE will not add in a 90 day no compete clause 8D

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
The deal between WWE and TNA for Ric Flair to attend this Saturday's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony was completed just yesterday, according to a WWE source.

I was told that the issue was not Flair attending but Flair as a contracted TNA talent appearing on WWE broadcast of the Wrestlemania PPV, Hall of Fame highlights on subsequent WWE broadcasts and the DVD release.

Flair attended last year's Hall of Fame ceremony but was not specifically shown or focused upon during the broadcast or DVD release.

The WWE source was not privy to what the negotiations entailed or whether TNA would be mentioned on the Hall of Fame broadcast. There will be no TNA representatives or officials at the Hall of Fame itself.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Right decision in the end made by TNA and if they can get some money from WWE for this then all the more power to them. Flair truly loves events like this and it would be a real shame if TNA went against his wishes and didn't let him appear. Sanity prevailed and everyone gets what they want.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Good move by both, I expect TNA will just recieve cash although I did here they wanted their product mentiond by Flair/WWE when Flair is announced/on screen etc. If they both agreed I imagine it will just be a banner or something

Andy

Reaction score
I think it shouldn't be a matter of money. Stupid move by WWE, honestly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter today:

lt2EaE.png

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just read through all the speeches and they were all fantastic. Would be a great night to attend and it is a shame that they can't broadcast the entire event on television for all the fans to see.