• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm sure he would need to get permission. I mean, he can't just show up at the WWE HOF whilst under contract to TNA. That's a breach of his contract and he would likely end up being sued by them. And with his money problems, a lawsuit is something he doesn't need.

I'm sure in the end he'll get permission from Dixie to go. He got permission last year to go to the HOF when Shawn Michaels got inducted.

Yeah but being in attendance is different to doing a speech on stage at the rival company, but Dixie is a pretty kind person and will probably allow him anyway if he was to ask. And wait can I even call TNA a rival of WWE? They're nowhere near WWE and never will be.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
You're right, they're no rival to WWE. Their ratings aren't exactly around the same with what WWE gets for Raw or even SD for that matter each week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that Flair would care if he was fined by TNA for appearing on the show. Vince would probably offer to pay the fine for Flair as well to get him to appear. His contract must be near the end as well so maybe he won't look to re-sign and is happy to be dropped from his contract with TNA.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly can't figure out why he went to TNA he had a job with WWE which he could basically sit on his ass I'm sure if he wanted to be on TV they'd have let him do the same shit he does on TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty sure that the talk at the time was that he wasn't happy that he couldn't take outside deals. In the end $250k for doing promotional work for WWE plus the occasional tv appearance is a great deal and he should have taken it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The following is a new interview with soon-to-be WWE Hall Of Famer Edge, during which he speaks on his upcoming film "Bending the Rules."

Edge also reveals who he wants to induct him into this year's Hall of Fame by saying, "They asked me who I wanted to induct me and I said Christian, because to me that's the no-brainer. That's the last thing I've said about it. I don't know what they've decided, but that's who I want it to be."

[video=youtube;2Xi20bS6phs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Xi20bS6phs[/video]

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Devon Nicholson, the independent wrestler currently suing WWE, is planning to start a new wrestling promotion with Lanny Poffo, Randy Savage's brother. Nicholson won't be wrestling for the group but Poffo will. No word yet when Hannibal Pro Wrestling will launch.

Well this isn't going to help Randy get into the HOF anytime soon.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not the brightest guy to side with Hannibal. What may work out for him is that I highly doubt that this promotion will even run one event. So many people talk about starting promotions but few ever get off the ground.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE finally mentioned Mil Mascaras on wwe.com. I didn't see anything about it on RAW but they have the announcement up on the website but they don't have much of a story to go with it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Was apparently cut from the show due to time constraints. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see it announced on SmackDown.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope so because it would be disrespectful of WWE if they never mention him on television. Would annoy most of the Mexican fans as well since it makes it look like WWE don't care about one of their greatest.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Bret Hart Addresses Rumor Regarding Yokozuna/WWE HOF
A rumor began online a few days ago that Bret Hart would be inducting Yokozuna in this years WWE Hall of Fame. WZ was the first to report on January 10, 2012, that Yokozuna would be inducted in this years Hall of Fame and the belief was The Rock would be inducting him.

Hart said the following on Twitter:

53s6qp.png

If Yokozuna is inducted this year, they should get either Mr. Fuji or The Rock to do it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that they should get The Rock to do it this year with his match the next night, the timing just isn't right. I fear that his storyline would distract from the induction since knowing how feral some WWE fans are they will probably start chanting "Cena Sucks" or "Boots to Asses". Bret Hart would have been a great choice and he may still do it. They could always delay Yokozuna until next year if they are running out of spots.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I doubt fans at the HOF ceremony would go out of their way to ruin Yokozuna's moment with Cena/Rock chants. I'm sure Rock would have the crowd in the palm of his hand and be able to steer them to a more sentimental view of who he is inducting instead of the match he has a night later. At least he's related in some form to Yokozuna, the only reason Hart would induct him is because of the fact they had WM matches back to back years. I'm not even sure if they were even that close.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I watch the HOF, or at least the shortened version that they show here, every year and the fans chant all the time. If they see The Rock I have no doubt that they will break out in those chants that I mentioned before, the fans can be pretty feral I mean they don't even have a dress code at this event which is poor. It should be a high class event and not some regular WWE event.