WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE-Hall-of-Fame-logo.jpg

-----

Inductee #1 - Edge
20120109_edge_hof_l.jpg

The Rated-R Superstar will add another honor to his storied career when he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame the night before WrestleMania XXVIII.

Inductee #2 - The Four Horsemen

The Four Horsemen will ride again when Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard and JJ Dillon are inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on Mar. 31!

Inductee #3 - Mil Mascaras (yet to be announced on WWE tv)
20111017_mascaras_r.jpg

WWE COO Triple H has announced that Mexican legend Mil Mascaras will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame's 2012 class in Miami in April

20120113_hof_tyson_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No doubt Edge deserves to be in the HOF but it bugs me ever so slightly that he's going into the hall so soon after his career has finished.

Deuce

Reaction score
-- There are several reports going around the 'net today that Yokozuna will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. We're working to confirm/deny these reports.

It might happen and I think he could go good with this year's HoF class, plus he has been a pretty big in WWE's history.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I fear they're putting too many big names in at once. With Edge, Mascaras, and the Horsemen confirmed and Yokozuna and The Rock rumored they're taking out a lot of future inductions in one swoop. It's funny they announced the Horsemen because just the other day, I'm not sure why, but I was wondering if there was any way for someone to get inducted more than once. Hope Flair is able to be there, I imagine it won't be the same without him.

Call me crazy but I think they should hold off on inducting Rock now that they've announced Edge, I just don't want to see him get violently overshadowed. Edge, that is.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I also thought Edge got inducted a bit too early, I would have waited 2-3 years at least. But he deserves it, two big names already announced which was surprising but I fear Ric Flair will brag about being inducted twice now.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Very underwhelming list.

They need a big name to make people interested.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
^^ Like who? Edge and the 4 Horsemen are both very high profile and the induction of both of them appeals to both past and present.

Anyway, I like this so far. Edge... maybe should not be inducted so soon but that's not stopped WWE from inducting the likes of Flair, Michaels and Guerrero so soon after their careers ended so I shouldn't be surprised. I've never been a big fan of Edge but he deserves HOF without a doubt.

The 4 Horsemen just need no explanation. I only became a wrestling fan in 97 so I'm only familiar with the last incarnation of Benoit, Malenko, Flair, Mongo and Windham Jr. so I can't say I know much about the Horsemen, but EVERY wrestling fan has at least heard of them before. The group has a legacy.

Miscaras I think I've heard of but I'm completely unfamiliar, interesting choice though. Yokozuna would be a great choice, but I'll treat it only as speculation for now.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Flair (and I think Arn) was already in there, so its just a waste of a spot giving them it again.

Edge is solid enough, but not as the main inductee, just like Mr Perfect wasnt.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Edge isn't Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan big or anything like that but depending on who else gets inducted he's good enough to headline the class esp when you consider how relevant he is with this current generation of fans. This is just too early for him however in my opinion but guess they wanna make him the youngest HOF inductee ever.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I guess I'm just bitter Savage aint in there yet.

Genuinely pleased that Edge got in though, even if his last few years were god awful.

One of the greatest tag wrestlers of all time, and he had a short run where he was a legit top level heel.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I have never really taken the WWE Hall of Fame seriously as there are a lot of guys that have not gotten in yet that should now I know that Owen Hart won't be going in because he's wife will Sue the WWE on some crazy thing and that's the only thing that is stopping them, If they were going to add any others maybe some of the other Guerro Clan could be put in like Hector or Chavo Snr as both are still quite big names.

New Age Outlaws as a team would be good as well if they decide to go with that.

Has Vader been put in if not put him in.

And there is also Mick Foley he may as well be he's wrestling career is pretty much done.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was surprised to see Edge in the HOF the year after he retired but he deserves the recognition and he was going to be put in the HOF eventually so why not do it right now around the time his new DVD is released.

Good to see the Horsemen getting in there as well but I wonder what WWE will do about Flair since he is still working for TNA. Will they do it without him or will Flair randomly show up again.

Lewb

Reaction score
Edge is way way waaaaaay too early! Like ridiculously so. I can see him sticking round the business for a good few years to come, and if he had an out of ring role, then it could have waited for like 5 - 7 years.

Very happy with the horsemen.

Mil Mascaras is a nice addition.

If Savage don't go on its going to look bad on mcmahon, i dont think he can afford not to induct him tbh.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
WWE are in a lose lose situation if Savage is inducted its only because he died and he isn't then Vince looks like a dick he can't win in this situation I would honestly not involve him in it at least not for now until the heat dies off.