WWE concerned with crowd reaction to Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There was a lot of concern among WWE officials over Ryback receiving a mild reaction from the Barclays Center audience for his entrance Sunday at WWE TLC, reports PWInsider. Management is blaming this on vocal fans who rooted for the heels, thereby drowning out his supporters.

Meanwhile, management was pleased with The Shield's performance in their match against Ryback and Team Hell No.

Well duh, put a guy, no matter how talented that is made to be marketed to casuals in front of a smark heavy crowd and you are bound to have them rooting for the heels/more talented performers.

Read more

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They expected a superstar built on pleasing the casuals to get a huge reaction in New York? That seems silly, I thought it was good. He turned the Goldberg chants into his catch-phrases, what more can you ask for?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Indeed. He got a good reaction from a smark crowd considering what he is

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You can tell the wrestlers, commentators and everyone else involved give an extra 50% when the crowd is as hot as Brooklyn. I wish WWE spent more time in cities like New York as it can turn a shit show into a standard show, and a standard show into a classic show when your crowd is into it.

Cena matches tend to be awesome in smark crowds as well, it's like he wants to just troll the haters constantly.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
You can tell the wrestlers, commentators and everyone else involved give an extra 50% when the crowd is as hot as Brooklyn. I wish WWE spent more time in cities like New York as it can turn a shit show into a standard show, and a standard show into a classic show when your crowd is into it.

Cena matches tend to be awesome in smark crowds as well, it's like he wants to just troll the haters constantly.
Can we petition that Cena's next shirt says "haters gonna hate"?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Gotta give Ryback credit on turning the crowd. He was definitely trying his ass off out there. All 6 guys put forth a great effort and it showed.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Senhor Perfect said:
Gotta give Ryback credit on turning the crowd. He was definitely trying his ass off out there. All 6 guys put forth a great effort and it showed.

Agreed. I think it's quite underrated how hard it is not to crack under pressure when more or less everyone in the stadium is attempting to mock you.

However, I do believe the chants of Goldberg now are more just routine than actual comparisons, or chants from habit instead of projecting their disdain at a young star being pushed. I'm only basing that on the fact that one minute they were chanting Goldberg, and when Ryback hit a couple of well-struck moves the crowd was chanting feed me more.

Reactions: AshtonRG

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
So WWE is going to place a full plant crowd from now on? :pity:

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The fact that he turned a Goldberg chant into Feed Me More right in the middle of it is impressive like others have said. The Goldberg chant is just a fun chant that has stuck. I like Ryback for what he is. However, he wouldn't make a very exciting champion.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I think it's better that it happened that way. If he can win over a NYC crowd in Brooklyn, he can overcome any crowd. Probably gave the guy loads of confidence.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Please the crowd by the end of the match were on his side he turned it round. Proof there is more to him than ppl think he's a good dude.

AshtonRG

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:

All those you can't wrestle chants made him pick up the pace. He needs criticism or his matches would all be boring. I don't hate John Cena, but he needs to change it up. I' bored with Super Cena and I don't care if his legion of teenie boppers get mad about it.

Stopspot said:
Well duh, put a guy, no matter how talented that is made to be marketed to casuals in front of a smark heavy crowd and you are bound to have them rooting for the heels/more talented performers.

Read more

That's exactly why I'm not concerned with people thinking Ryback is weak. I think he's proved that he's one of the strongest on the roster already. Even in his losses he dominates most of his ring time. The way that match played out was great for all parties involved.

Reactions: Crayo

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Stopspot said:

Read more

I thought the shield had all the talented performers on it