WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: Flyin' Brian & "Stunning" Steve watching WRESTLING

kevinsteendvdfinal.jpg

Disc 1

Kevin Steen vs. B-Boy - Do or Die IV 2/19/05 (ROH debut) *3/4
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico - The Homecoming 7/23/05 (first time on DVD) ***1/2
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe - FYF: Philly 2/17/07 ***1/2
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe - Fighting Spirit 4/14/07 ****
Steen & El Generico/Briscoes brawl from Respect Is Earned 5/12/07 :mark:
Kevin Steen vs. Mark Briscoe - A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07 ***
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw - Domination 6/9/07 ***1/2
Highlights of Steen/Generico vs. Briscoes street fight from Death Before Dishonor V Night 1 8/10/07 ****1/2
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (Steel Cage Match) - Caged Rage 8/24/07 ***3/4
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (Ladder War) - Man Up 9/15/07 ****3/4
Kevin Steen vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match) - Honor Nation 10/5/07 ***1/2

Overall: On this first disc it was more about the Evolution on Steen's weight then the Evolution of him as a wrestler 8D, I'm just fucking around. In all seriousness the first disc was great i've seen allot of people upset that the Steenerico/Briscoes were pretty much 3/4 of the dvd but can you blame ROH really. That whole feud got Steen over to have all the matches that we would see on disc two and is one of the top 5 feuds in ROH history. I should also remind you Steen wasn't wrestling that many singles matches in 07'.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: Flyin' Brian & "Stunning" Steve watching WRESTLING

takerdvd.png

Disc One

Documentary: Just a basic documentary about the STREAK which lasts 37 minutes and somes up all the matches in 37 minutes.

WrestleMania VII 24th March, 1991: The Undertaker vs. Jimmy “Superflyâ€￾ Snuka *1/2
WrestleMania VIII 5th April, 1992: The Undertaker vs. Jake “The Snakeâ€￾ Roberts *1/2
WrestleMania IX 4th April, 1993: The Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzalez 1/4*
WrestleMania XI 2nd April, 1995: The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy 1/4*
WrestleMania XII 31st March, 1996: The Undertaker vs. Diesel **1/2 - **3/4
WrestleMania 13 23rd March, 1997: No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship - The Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid *3/4
WrestleMania XIV 29th March, 1998: Brother vs. Brother: The Undertaker vs. Kane **3/4
WrestleMania XV 28th March, 1999: Hell in a Cell Match - The Undertaker vs. Big Boss Man 1/2*
WrestleMania X-Seven 1st April, 2001: The Undertaker vs. Triple H ***3/4
WrestleMania X8 17th March, 2002: No Disqualification Match - The Undertaker vs. ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair ***
WrestleMania XIX 30th March, 2003: Handicap Match - The Undertaker vs. Big Show & A-Train *1/2
WrestleMania XX 14th March, 2004: Brother vs. Brother II - The Undertaker vs. Kane *1/2
WrestleMania 21 3rd April, 2005: Legend vs. Legend Killer - The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton ***1/4 - ***1/2
WrestleMania 22 2nd April, 2006: Casket Match - The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry *
WrestleMania 23 1st April, 2007: World Heavyweight Championship - The Undertaker vs. Batista ****1/4
WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008: World Heavyweight Championship - The Undertaker vs. Edge ****1/4 - ****1/2

Disc Two

WrestleMania 25 5th April, 2009: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels ****3/4
WrestleMania XXVI 28th March, 2010: Streak vs. Career - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels ****3/4
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011: No Holds Barred Match - The Undertaker vs. Triple H ****1/4
WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2012: End of an Era Hell in a Cell Match - The Undertaker vs. Triple H ****3/4

Blu-ray Exclusive Content
WrestleMania XXIV: Undertaker & Edge History Package
WrestleMania XXVI: Streak vs. Career History Package
WrestleMania XXVII: Undertaker & Triple H History Package
WrestleMania XXVIII: Undertaker & Triple H History Package
The Streak in Pictures

Overall: The Documentary is fucking awful, it's bacilly 37 minutes of showing footage all the matches with current and past wrestlers talking about the match. If you were hoping for a Edge, Austin, Brett like doc you would be sadly wrong so if you was just gonna buy it for the Doc don't do it. As for the matches i have noticed as Taker gets older and the STREAK gets more important the matches get a hell of allot better, which is good cause the first 9 matches are fucking awful, the middle matches are awful or really good. But the last 6 are AMAZING. I would say to you ONLY pick this up if your a Taker fan or if you don't want to buy WM DVD's just want the Taker matches on Blu-ray.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
34rgbbq.png

Disc One

Documentary: This documentary is very cool but with allot of WWE doc' it's crazy shot like 1 hour half maybe 1 hour 45 minutes although it leaves more openings for future DVD titles if the WWE would decide to make them. In addition to telling the story of the Hart family, there is a brief bio about Stu, Helen, and each of their 12 children. These mini-documentaries take place at random intervals during the story and are in no particular order (So it would get confusing at times) The doc does give an accurate and unapologetic picture of the Harts and gave us good stories of each child as the DVD and do touch on the deaths as well. another disappointing thing about this is they just recycle old stories that we've heard a thousand times just to fill up the short amount of time, it's like they didn't want to give up those juicy stories. I will call it a much watch for any Wrestling fan.

Special Features

Keith talks about Stu’s distinguished athletic career early in his life.
Smith recounts Helen’s car accident, which left her with a shattered face.
Keith talks about Ted the Wrestling Bear.
Diana reads a letter from the late Dean Hart, written to his parents.
Did you know Stu once wrestled a TIGER?
Home video from the Hart Thanksgiving dinner, 1987.
Bret talks about Helen throwing in the towel at Survivor Series ’94 and totally ignoring son-in-law Davey Boy, who was unconscious on the floor :lmao
Bret discusses some of Owen’s incredibly detailed and meticulously executed pranks.
Chris Jericho talks about his regret at never really crossing paths with Owen, and relates the one time they did.
Harry Smith reveals that one of the Hart family members in the ring at Canadian Stampede was actually just some guy who snuck in.
Bret talks about his return to the WWE and getting over Montreal.
Following RAW on January 4, everyone comes out to celebrate with Bret and pay tribute.

Disc Two

Stampede Wrestling, May 1979 - Keith Hart, Bruce Hart & Bret Hart vs. The Kiwis & Dynamite Kid ***
Boston Garden, November 1, 1986 - Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs ***1/4
SummerSlam, August 29, 1992 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. British Bulldog ****3/4
Survivor Series, November 24, 1993 - Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Bruce Hart & Keith Hart vs. Shawn Michaels & His Knights **
Florence SC, January 11, 1994 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart & Owen Hart vs. Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner ****3/4
Royal Rumble, January 22, 1994 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart & Owen Hart vs. The Quebecers ***1/2

Disc Three

SummerSlam, August 29, 1994 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Owen Hart *****
Raw, November 7, 1994 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart & British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart ***
Raw, March 3, 1997 - Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog ****3/4
In Your House: Canadian Stampede July 6, 1997 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart & Brian Pillman vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & Legion of Doom *****
Raw, July 21, 1997 - Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Owen Hart & British Bulldog vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker & Dude Love ***1/4
SmackDown, December 25, 2009 - The Hart Dynasty vs. D-Generation X ***

Overall: This set features some of the best matches you'll ever see. The only problem is you've probably seen a lot of them before countless times on other DVD releases. This is one case where I would have happily sacrificed a Bret/Owen match for maybe something new that isn't 5 starts, just because I've never seen it. I have to say the matches selected seem to be Bret Hart heavey, but i guess if your a new fan this is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I just had that DVD come in today... and I also got tomorrow off so we'll see how it looks. I got expectations on this thing thanks to you so if it doesn't meet them... I will find you... and I will... I dunno what I'll do to you yet.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hate that in my country there is no wrestling DVD's.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
51uVa6gMzEL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

DISC 1
WCW Nitro 4th September, 1995 - WCW United States Championship Match: Sting vs. Ric Flair **
WCW Nitro 18th December, 1995 - Madusa trashed the WWE Women's Championship
12th February, 1996 - Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson **1/4
11th March, 1996 - The Steiner Brothers vs. The Road Warriors ***
6th May, 1996 - Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Dean"The Man If 1,000 Holds" Malenko **1/2
16th September, 1996 - WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera ***
30th September, 1996 - Eric Bischoff's Biggest Regret
9th December, 1996 - WCW United States Championship Tournament Quarter Finals Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett **1/2
21st April, 1997 - Kevin Nash patches up potholes
26th May, 1997 - Hollywood Hogan makes Sting worship him
2nd June, 1997 - Ric Flair vs. Scott Hall ***1/4

DISC 2
16th June, 1997 - Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman call out Lex Luger & The Giant
30th June, 1997 - Kevin Nash vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr. DUD!
7th July, 1997 - La Parka vs. Randy Savage *1/2
22nd September, 1997 - Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus *
6th October, 1997 - Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett *
3rd November, 1997 - Street Fight for the WCW World Tag Team Championship: Steiner Brothers vs. Public Enemy *3/4
10th November, 1997 - NWO sings "O Canada"
15th December, 1997 - Booker T vs. vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (w/Elizabeth) **
22nd December, 1997 - Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, and Hector Garza vs. Psychosis, Silver King, and La Parka ***1/4
5th January, 1998 - WCW United States Championship Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho 1/2*
9th March, 1998 - Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Sting, "Macho Man" Randy Savage & The Giant *1/2
23rd March, 1998 - WCW United States Championship Match: Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page ***1/2
20th April, 1998 - Raven's Rules Match for the WCW United States Championship: Raven vs. Goldberg ***1/4
4th May, 1998 - Birth of the Wolfpac

Disc Three
1st June, 1998 - Kevin Nash & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & The Giant *1/2
28th September, 1998 - Chris Jericho meets the real Goldberg
21st December, 1998 - Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero ***3/4
25th January, 1999 - Ladder Match for the Taser: Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Hall **1/2
8th February, 1999 - WCW United States Championship Match: Bret "Hit Man" Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper 1/2*
31st May, 1999 - WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: Perry Saturn & Kaynon vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Bam Bam Bigelow **
12th July, 1999 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Hollywood Hogan *
13th December, 1999 - WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Goldberg & Bret "Hit Man" Hart *3/4
15th May, 2000 - House of Pain Match: Sting vs. Vampiro *1/2
26th February, 2001 - Shane Helms vs. Shannon Moore **
26th March, 2001 - WCW United States & World Heavyweight Championship Match: Booker T vs. Scott Steiner **1/4

Overall: Disc 1 is as about of a solid disc of WCW i think WWE will ever release. With some fun matches and really Revolutionary segments, then we move on to disc 2 which started off as a disaster and a mess, thankfully whoever put this together ended phenomenally with the last 2 matches and the WOLFPAC. Disc 3 might be the worse disc in wrestling history and show just how the old guys didn't give a fuck about in ring matches the longest match might of been 9 minutes, what a mess. If your a fan a hardcore WCW fan this is not for you cause this is just a mockery but if you have 0 knowledge i say check it out. At lest they brought back the FUCKING GOD Diamond Dallas Page to host the DVD and he add some good insight and his thoughts on WCW every 30 minutes.

Blu-Ray Exclusive Content
11th September, 1995 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger *
18th September, 1995 - Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman **1/2
21st October, 1996 - J.L. vs. NWO Sting DUD!
16th March, 1998 - Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage **1/4
15th June, 1998 - Steel Cage Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Savage ***
14Th September, 1998 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Goldberg vs. Sting

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
311rtjs.png

Disc One

So before every match Bret goes into detail about the guy he wrestled and about the upcoming match that is featured on the DVD. I didn't realize just how in depth he would go in these interviews, though. he would shares some great stories for each match, and oftentimes gives nice justification for why each particular match is going to be included in the first place. I always like when DVD include pre-match mini interviews, oh and Bret wearing a blue shirt instead of Pink. WHAT!

Stampede Wrestling, 12/1978 - 2-out-of-3 Falls for the British Commonwealth Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
The match is joined in progress so it goes right into the second fall which is like 17 minutes in. It was a fun match to kick off the set, just watching these guy two great talents early in their careers. Some good counters and and leg work by Bret and Dynamite was on here too so it made it that more fun to watch. N/A I can't rate half a match.

Georgia Championship Wrestling, 9/1979 - Bret Hart vs. Buzz Sawyer
Another match that is joined in progress (I hope that's not the theme of the DVD) This was a fun but a short technical wrestling match, with some great chain wrestling from time to time. Bret was still in "midget" size here and i did pop when Buzz out worked him in this match cause lets be honest you don't see that everyday. The video quality isn't great, but that’s to be expected cause this wasn't the WWE. **1/2

Stampede Wrestling, 1/1983 - North American Heavyweight Championship Match: Bret Hart vs. Leo Burke
This match is also joined in progress. I liked the storytelling in this with Bret playing the underdog. But the match just wasn't fun to get into just like 7 minutes of average action. N/A

Capital Centre, 09/14/1985 - Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
This match is is 7 years after the first match on the DVD, and WOW! what a difference. Both guys have put some muscle on and just look nothing like they did in their earlier match. This match felt very ahead of its time. This is a great wrestling match with fast paced action and a lot of counter holds, this felt very much like a match you would see today with two nobodies just going out and trying to impress management for a contract in the opening match, but also not stealing the show. ***

Philadephia Spectrum, 03/14/1987 - WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Hart Foundation vs. The Islanders
A really fun match here, just a well put together match with a good story, the only thing holding it back from being higher was it needed more time and it got a little slowly at times.I would call it a Hart Foundation exhibition match to show you how great the Hart's were as heels, oh and Danny Davis messing around on the outside was hilarious. The Islanders are Tonga Uli'uli Fifita & Sam Fatu by the way. ***

Milan, Italy, 04/10/1989 - Bret Hart vs. Andre the Giant
Before the match Bret tells us that Andre was the one that wanted this match, and tells us about his realtionship with Andre. The video quality for this match is AWFUL, maybe the worse to ever be on a WWE DVD. I don't know Bret insists on keeping the foreign commentary for these match :lmao. Anyway. The match itself obviously isn't a classic as Andre wasn't very agile at all at this point in his career. But it’s still a nice hidden gem for me to watch. *1/2

Maple Leaf Gardens, 04/23/1989 - Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
It's Bret, It's Perfect what more can i say? Well. I will say this isn't one KOTR or SSlam level but still damn good for a 20 minute draw. But to their credit this is only their 2nd match ever together ever. The storytelling and selling in this was top notch, if you watch this and then watch the '91 & '93 matches you can see some of the spots they used which was cool to see. Just another great gem for me to watch. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc 2

Duluth Minnesota, 05/18/1989 - Hart Foundation vs. The Twin Towers
As Bret points out in the interview, for a match featuring two big men, it is a surprisingly fast paced match, but nothing like their matches with the Bulldogs or the Rockers. I will say 80-85% of the match is a heat segment on Bret. The hot tag finish was awesome, i wouldn't call it a classic but it's watchable and enjoyable to see. ***1/2

WWE / New Japan / All Japan Wrestling Summit: Tokyo Dome, 04/13/1990 - Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask II

MISAWA! :mark: It’s not a big surprise that Bret fit in well with the Japanese style of wrestling. The match just never picked and never kicked into that higher gear, they kept it basic and slow which and i have no idea why, it can't be because they didn't want to get gassed doing the 20 minute time limit draw did they? And all the rest-holds didn't help. NAW! I'm just gonna guess this was an off night and they didn't totally click, which is upsetting cause these two are in my all time favorites list. Bret's heel tactics with the faking of the leg injury is the highlight of the match, though. **1/2

New Haven Connecticut, 11/13/1991 - WWF Intercontinental Championship: Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair
I love the introduction to this match as well where Bret talks about Ric having no ring philosophy. But Bret only went along with Ric style cause he's RIC FLAIR!. I have to admit This is actually one of their better matches for two guys that have NO CHEMISTRY TOGETHER. Pretty decent with the time they got but the match never got to a level that you knew both guys were capable of. I also hated the use of the Figure Four & Sharpshooter with no build it's like watch Del Rio work. But it's still a rare match and i'm glad I've got to see it. ***

Madison Square Garden, 01/31/1992 - Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker
OH SHIT! Taker is still in Frankenstein, NO-SELLING gimmick here. It was still early in his career so when he pulled out the big moves that he's known for today (old school, flying clothesline, snake eyes into the big boot.) it got a huge reaction from the crowd and announcers, cause they can't believe a guy his size can do these moves, also Bret's selling and comebacks was amazing he really put over how AWESOME Taker was and could be if he was given the right opponent. And Bret showed us that he can hang with the big guys if given the chance. Hell even the finishing stretch was great and this would be Taker's best match until Foley came into the WWF in '96. Oh and i didn't even mention how hilarious Bearer was on the outside. ****

Milan Italy, 04/25/1993 - Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Once again, we have to hear the Italian commentators. I've seen maybe 3 to 4 few Bam Bam/Bret matches and they were always super fun. I always liked the story they they told with Bam playing the "Giant" that has surprisingly good speed and is very agile for a man his size vs. The crafty underdog who isn't afraid to after him. Anyway this match was great my favorie part was when Bret starts getting cocky when he makes Bam Bam fall on his face, so Bret decides to pose for the crowd which allows Bam Bam to get the upperhand. Bam's backwork was great but at times he really slowed it down which really hurt the match but i'm not complaining. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc 3

King of the Ring 1994 - WWF Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Diesel
Bret and Diesel always had great matches, i would say this was their 2nd to worse. Worse being that Cage match and the best was the Rumble match, wait or the surivor Series one. I should watch the Rumble on again. Anyway the match was fun Bret did a fantastic job of carrying Diesal who was just a manager a couple months prior to a hell of a match. Jim Neidhart made his return to watch Bret's back in ring, but then mysteriously gets him disqualified by interfering and hitting Diesel. He then just leaves the ring as HBK and Diesel pound on Bret in the ring. We understand later in the show why Neidhart got Bret disqualified. ****

WWF Monday Night Raw 03/27/1995 - No Holds Barred Match: Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart
Just a great, hard-fought match that like the Bret/Owen feud didn't need blood, chairs, tables or any other weapons cause this might sound corny but they used their hands as weapons. This match doesn't reach the heights of SSlam or WMX but still when your lowest match is a 3 and half star match i think that's still pretty damn good. But I'm not gonna lie if WWE added the 60 minute iron man match, i would of MARKED! ***1/2

WWF In Your House 3 "Triple Header" - Bret Hart vs. Jean Pierre Lafitte
If i remember correctly Jean Pierre Lafitte stole Bret’s jacket, cause he wanted it. IDK all i know was this was FUCKIN' AWESOME. Really hard hitting, physical match with some big bumps and lovely counters. I loves that Brew threw a new spin to the match with him not being able to get any of his signature offense in, so he had to make up new moves. My only real was Lafitte's lack of selling, but i do forgive him cause he bumped like a madman here. ***3/4 - ****

Sun City Superbowl, 09/14/1996 - Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
"HIDDEN FUCKIN' GEM ALERT" Austin's theme music is just as bad as his ring jacket. Just an excellent technical wrestling match with some beautyful matwork and counters, just like the SSeries match. Austin being a ASSHOLE late in the match and have all these different counter to the sharpshooter too was great. Oh Owen on commentary was brilliant. Man Austin/Bret matches are something special, granted this isn't SSeries Awesome or even WM perfect but still watching a "NEW" Austin/Bret match is great. ****

WWF In Your House 17 "Ground Zero" - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. The Patriot
Patriot's theme song is Kurt Angle's medals theme song :lmao. I don't think this should of made the DVD, not cause it's bad but It's not a rare or hidden gem match cause you can buy this on DVD already. I guessing WWE only wanted this on here to show Bret's heel work in this feud against America. But they added and i watched it and yes this told a great story as it starts slowly with mat work that went nowhere and then progresses to a fast paced and exciting match mainly cause Bret carried him for 20 minutes, IDK if patriot was nervous but he did seem limited on what he could do on offense. The match was pretty overbooked, the Vader & Bulldog interference was totally unnecessary. ***1/4

WCW Monday Nitro 01/25/1999 - WCW United States Championship: Bret Hart vs. Booker T
15 minutes of great free TV action. I loves Bret's leg work but Booker could of sold it better, I'm glad Bret put this on here cause I've never seen it before and i doubt i would go back to watch late WCW stuff again. ***1/2

WCW Mayhem 1999 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Semi-Finals Match: Bret Hart vs. Sting
What a mess. just watching this makes me depressed cause it got me thinking what would seeing Bret/Sting wrestle at the prime of their careers in the WWE would be like. Even in the late 90's Sting wrestled with a t-shirt on :lmao This match was just wired it was in Canada so Sting played the role of heel by default. The overbooking didn't help. This also had zero business being on here. But it's the battle of the Sharpshooter vs. Scorpion Deathlock. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Blu-Ray Exclusive

WWF Monday Night Raw 11/22/1993 - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna
No doubt about it this is the best Bret/Yoko match, it's not even close. Yoko was motivated here and i love that story that Bret wanted to end it early so in the early minutes Bret threw everything he could at Yoko leading to amazing Yoko selling and bumping. And when he survived that you could see Bret had that "OH SHIT" look cause he knew how tough it would to get another flurry of offense against him like that. Yoko's heat segment was great as he just punished Bret and to Bret's credit he sold it well. Bret's comeback was nice but that would lead him putting the Sharpshooter on, and Owen Hart comes down to celebrate. The ref deals with him for some reason, allowing Fuji to hit Bret with the salt bucket. Owen gets in now, and takes the bucket from him, and the ref is watching when Owen hits Yoko with the bucket, so he DQ's Bret. ***1/4 - ***1/2

Albany New York, 10/19/1994 - Bret Hart & The British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim Neidhar
A pretty solid stuff from four guys that know each other like the back of their hand, It wasn't anything memorable or special but it told a nice story of Owen being a dick from bell-to-bell was great. ***

WWF Monday Night Raw 07/24/1995 - Bret Hart vs. Hakushi
These two put on one hell of a television match for 1995 but if it would of happen in today's Raw it just would of been another match. But I will say this was very un-Bret like, lots of high flying and big spots. Shinzaki puts on a great performance and wows the crowd with his flashy offense. It's not as well put together of a match as IYH1. Bret doing the Terry Funk-style Vader Bomb to the floor onto Hakushi and Shinja was insane. ***

WWF Friday Night’s Main Event 08/29/1997 - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Vader
Before the match Bret speaks on how stiff Vader is and that he's not like Shawn for throwing a hissy fit and tried to get Vader fired. This happen on my 6th birthday :mark: Thank god i wasn't watching cause I would of been pissed, it never really has the chance to get going. But For the time it gets it's still fun because it's a VADER BEATDOWN and Bret was in "I HATE AMERICANS" gimmick here was was great too. *3/4

In addition to the 4 extra matches, the Blu Ray exclusives also have a 17 minute interview segments that is really enjoyable. You get to hear about stories from being on the road to Favorite TV, Actor, sport to his feud with Bob in '94 and the hilarious story of Bret's mom stepping over Davey when he was out cold. All the way to who he would love to face if he could go back in time and there's a cool piece about all his drawings.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
312ffco.png

Joey Ryan vs. Ryan Taylor
This is Ryan's 2nd to last final match before his farewell at Mystery Vortex as he leaves to do big things in TNA. 8D This was pretty below average and neither guy did anything remotely interesting in this. *1/2

Eddie Edwards vs. Michael Elgin
This is Elgin's first of two matches tonight. Very good match with Elgin continuing to be the BEAST that he is in PWG, what i loved was he did not pace himself like a man that has to wrestle another match tonight he just went ALL OUT. These guys gave it everything they had for over 15 minutes, with stiff hard strikes and sweet counters, don't get me wrong it had it's flaws like the slow start and the lack of sell towards the end but still just damn fun. ***1/2

B-Boy & Famous B vs. The RockNES Monsters
this was the first time B-Boy and Famous B have teamed up. Excalibur and Steen quickly and logically labeled them Famous B-Boy. Good solid tag team match that really didn't need to go 15 minutes. I like the Monsters as heels. It’s freshened them up and their heel antics are hilarious. ***

Davey Richards vs. Sami Callihan
Apparently these have wrestled before for the company AAW which I've yet to see. Both guys went balls to the walls from the opening bell. It was every bit the match you would expect from these two, with both men working their very stiff and neither guy sold the submission work their opponent did well at all, though but that was expected. They did do some fantastic counters and big moves towards the end. Richards’s no-selling some big moves and kicking out at one got the crowd really hot before he eventually tapped out. ***1/2

Roderick Strong vs. Rich Swann
This is Swann's first time in PWG and he put in a hell of a performance, granted Roddy did most of the work here, but Swann showed how good he can be away from CZW. These two have pretty great chemistry with each other and I loved the story of Swann using his "high flying" offence to counter and stay away from Roddy's "FRS" power moves. The story of the match saw Strong maintain control, with short, exciting, and impressive bursts of offense from Swann before being overpowered again. One of the highlights of the match saw Swann hit his trademark standing 450 splash. I’d love to see Strong wrestle more high flyers for a bit just to see him work beat the shit out of them and just throw them around. ***1/4

roderick.gif
roderick1a.gif

Willie Mack vs. Brian Cage
This was a grudge match set up when Cage interfered during Willie's championship match and attacked Kevin Steen, causing the DQ/no-contest. Brian Cage is fresh off his SCREW JOB in TNA's gutcheck contest when he lost to some guy called Jay Bradley :lmao. The first few minutes went absolutely nowhere and was super boring, but they really started to pick it up right when they needed to. I really liked how they actually told a story in the end with Cage continuing his heel run and hitting a low blow on Mack after he accidentally took out the ref. ***

El Generico & Kenny Omega vs. The Young Bucks
So great to see Omega back in PWG, Omega got a huge pop when he was introduced and a welcome back chant. Nick crouched himself walking the top rope before the match began, which was hilarious. Just a seriously fun and awesome tag team match as they started with some long heat segments from the Young Bucks. Once Omega got the hot tag later in the match, the pace really picked up after the Young Bucks had used cheap tactics to keep Omega and Generico grounded at different times during the match. The crowd ate up every nearfall leading into the finish and i saw myself marking for the big moves too. It’s a shame Omega can’t come back more often, but it was a treat to see him on this night. The Bucks don’t have bad matches anywhere but especially in Reseda, it's a shame TNA and ROH dropped the ball with them. ****

bucks.gif

Three Way Match For the PWG World Championship: Kevin Steen vs. Michael Elgin vs. Ricochet
I'm surprised this only went like 12 minutes, but the jam packed a shitload of action in it which was insane. I would say this was a total spotfest with little selling. All three men pulled off some great spots during the match and if you enjoy this style of match, you’ll love what they put together. The highlight of the match was Ricochet hitting a SSP to the outside on Elgin and then going right up top and hitting one on Steen for a good nearfall and the spot where Elgin had Steen up for a Samoan drop and held Ricochet for a fallaway suplex for over ten seconds before executing the moves simultaneously. ***1/4

elgin.gif

Overall: Apart from the awful opener this was just a regular great show after, that i've really become acustom to. It has everything a fan could want, from high flying to stiff strikes, if your wanting to get into Indy or just PWG this is a great show to start from and work you way forward or backwards depending on how you choose. :y:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
2rw72wh.png

PWG Mystery Vortex - Dojo Bros vs. The Young Bucks
One of the best openers of the year anywhere, as PWG wanted to start their year-end show off with a bang, all four men worked at a super-fast pace and did an excellent job heating up the crowd. The superkick/roll-up sequence was AWESOME! Edwards and Strong looked quite good in their debut as a team in PWG. And thankfully they started teaming elsewhere lets just hope ROH take note and start booking them as a team. ****

adiKBVHS.gif

Sami Callihan vs. Drake Younger
This is the first match in a best 2/3 series for a shot at the PWG World Title. This was absolutely ridiculous; don't get me wrong both guys are talented enough to keep my attention. However, because they’re so talented, I’m not sure why they can’t tell a story instead of resorting to mindless violence and NO SELLING. There were some aspects of this one that I know for a fact which i thought was stupid like a guy kicking out of brutal spots like piledrivers on the apron or a Gringo Killer in the second match of the show is too silly. Kevin Steen and Excalibur on commentary made this more enjoyable than it should of been. ***

adtYq4aB.gif

Adam Cole comes out and berates Kevin Steen by doing what else? Telling him to #suckmydick. He legit said "#suckmydick." Steen takes the mic and says since he has a lot of pull in PWG, their title match that night would be Guerrilla Warfare! Adam is not a happy guy. - #COLE!

PWG World Tag Team Titles: The Super Smash Brothers vs. The RockNES Monsters
This is the SSB’s long-awaited return to PWG, as they’d been gone for five months. RockNes Monsters are coming into their own as heels, and giving them the belts would probably have been too soon. Personally, I would have liked to have seen them get a victory on this show and get a title shot somewhere down the road. IMO this didn't touch the opener, but the finishing sequence had was AWESOME, and they upped the entertainment factor with some hilarious heel tactics. ***1/4

Joey Ryan’s Farewell: Joey Ryan vs. Scorpio Sky
Scorpio gets a "Harold" chant. Sky, by the way, has now faced every member of The Dynasty (Chris Bosh, Scott Lost, and now Joey Ryan) in their final PWG Match. This was alright and it was nice to see Ryan actually trying on his way out the door. They really packed a lot of fun action into a short window of time. I’m not sure if I like this more than Scott Lost’s retirement match, but they’re neck-and-neck and both had really good qualities. It wasn’t as emotional as it could have been. Post Match: Ryan says it’s been ten years, and he’s happy to be able to tell the fans to go screw themselves. The fans of course chant this. What wonderful people. Ryan tries to justify what TNA is doing with these DVD distribution deals. Ryan says he felt he did whatever the company needed him to do. Ryan says it’s a sad time and calls the people in PWG his family. Ryan says the show is even worth paying for even though he’s a wrestler. Ryan asks the females for an oral sexual act. Ryan says once PWG turns 16, he’ll be back. Wow. Excalibur tells Ryan to go to Orlando take all their money, and don’t come back. In this scenario, everyone wins. :lmao **3/4

Willie Mack vs. TJ Perkins vs. Brian Cage vs. B-Boy
Really fun and innovative four way as everyone integrated themselves and showcased the best of what they can do in a wrestling ring. They had a tone of innovative four way spots, and everyone got to shine. Most notable was Brian Cage, who once again put on a very entertaining show with lots of big moves and impressive feats of strength. Most notable was TJ diving into the ring from the top rope, only to be caught in vertical suplex position by Cage. ***1/4

adzA2Lb8.gif

El Generico vs. Rich Swann
Unbelievable to me that this is the first time these two have ever met because the sequences these two were able to pull off were nothing short of AWESOME! The last 6 minutes are just tremendous though, which really saved this from being average because the opening 10 was okay. The story was weird but cool with Generico played something of a heel role, allowing Swann to present himself as the younger, quicker, more explosive babyface for the crowd to get behind. And it worked. ***1/2

The Super Smash Brothers vs. Dojo Bros
So basically this was the first show for the World Tag Team Champions since Threemendous III in July so PWG is trying to get their money's worth with them while they're here in this non-title contest. This match was "FUCKING" AWESOME. They wasted no time in turning it on and one of the craziest sequences of the whole show was Stupefied’s crazy dives onto both Strong and Edwards in the span of about 30 seconds. For these two teams to be able to put on two great matches. After watching this, I want Strong and Edwards to KILL every teams in every promotion with their combinations. They beat up SSB and them look like the ultimate babyfaces. I loved this match most of all, mostly because of the incredible finishing sequence. ****

acbTB1ml.gif

Guerrilla Warfare for the PWG World Title: Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole
An insane match to cap off the show. Everything was just as you’d expect from a Guerrilla Warfare match and more, the intensity was off the charts here and Cole's heel antics is the best thing on the indies right now. This was a very enjoyable match, but to me it did just feel like a collection of spots. What really made the match was the insanity of some of those spots, although ironically that was also what took it down a notch or two in my eyes. Like the Callihan vs. Younger bout, there was some stuff in here that it felt silly to kick out of, even If it is the main event world title match. The big spot which the match pretty much built to from the beginning was Steen suplexing Cole onto a pyramid of steel and plastic chairs. ****1/4

aby8J5QA.gif
aceaqTC3.gif

Overall: 9/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=18]The New F'n Show[/MENTION] have you picked up the new Bret Hart DVD?