WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
boasjcover.jpg

Quarterfinals: Spanky vs. Bryan Danielson ***3/4
Quarterfinals: Dragon Soldier B vs. Matt Sydal *
Quarterfinals: Black Tiger vs. Alex Shelley **1/2
Quarterfinals: James Gibson vs. Roderick Strong ***1/2
No DQ: The Second City Saints (w/Davey Andrews) vs. Jimmy Rave & Fast Eddie (w/Prince Nana & the Embassy) **
Semi-Finals: Dragon Soldier B vs. James Gibson (w/Spanky) 1/4*
Semi-Finals: Bryan Danielson vs. Black Tiger **3/4
Tag Team Scramble: Dunn & Marcos vs. Azrieal & Dixie vs. Lacey's Angels (w/Lacey) vs. Jack Evans & Roderick Strong **
Vacant ROH Tag Team Titles: BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal ***1/2
Finals: Black Tiger vs. Dragon Soldier B *
ROH World Title: Austin Aries vs. Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) ***3/4

Overall: Normally, have a couple of ***+ star matches would be a easy recommendation but not this show. It was a disappointing tournament mainly cause NJPW did some bullshit to make sure their two guys were in the finals. The tournament itself reminded me of King of the Ring. It started out hot with a good first round and then went to crap. But the non-tournament matches were quite enjoyable. Pass on the show but ASK BREAK TO UPLOAD THE ***+ star matches 8D

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
5126794.jpg

Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle ***1/2
Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho **
Edge vs Eddie Guerrero ***1/4
World Tag Team Championship: The Un-Americans (Lance Storm and Christian) vs. Booker T and Goldust **3/4
Interpromotional Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Rob Van Dam ***3/4 - ****
The Undertaker vs Test **1/4
Unsanctioned Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H ****3/4
WWE Championship: The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman ***3/4

Overall: This show is one of the the best WWE/F PPV in history i've got in top 10. It's not on Wrestlemania 17, 23 and 19 level but still pretty fucking amazing. First of all you have the start of Brock’s reign of terror as he wins the WWE Championship in convincing fashion and in a great match, and there’s the epic Shawn Michaels return match that is pretty unforgettable. A great Edge/Eddie watch showcasing Eddie's working the FUCK out of a body part and Edge selling like a BOSS. The tag title match was Tag wrestling 101 with a good heat segment and a great hot tag. The Angle/Rey opener was fucking great aswell and got the crowd hyped. A very hard hitting IC title match which is a hidden gem. The only two let down matches were Taker/Test (which was solid but taker should be in the ring with guys on his level to have a good match) and Flair/Jericho (Jericho pretty much did most of the work here seeing how Flair was still in SHELL OF HIMSELF MODE). Plus we only had 2/3 backstage interview and segment which only lasted like 5 minutes total. A MUST OWN AND A MUST WATCH. :y::y:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
15q42ea.jpg

Kane, Booker T, Goldust, and Bubba Ray Dudley def. The Un-Americans (Test, William Regal, Lance Storm & Christian) **3/4
Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho vs. Ric Flair **
Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge ***3/4
World Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam **1/2
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle ****1/2
WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs. The Undertaker *1/2

Overall: First of I skipped the Tag match and the divas match cause they both looked awful. I know this ppv get alot of recommendations but not from me i was not a fan of most of the stuff here. The Opener was an 8 Man Tag which was very fun, surprisingly it wasn’t a cluster and all men worked well. Jericho/Flair was bad Flair was still in SHELL OF HIS FORMERSELF Here and the match was rushed. Edge/Eddie was borderline great; these two have unbelievable chemistry together. The finish was insane especially with WWE billing Edge had a concussion. HHH/RVD made me sick these two do not have chemistry together. Benoit/Angle was amazing every time these two were in the ring they would just wrestle their hearts out and steal the show. Lesnar/Taker was what is was two big men brawling for 20 minutes. This is a no, no show but go find the Eddie/Edge & Angle/Benoit matches (3/4 of the SMACKDOWN SIX BABY!)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
7175566.jpg

World Tag Team Titles: Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Booker T & Goldust **
Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie *1/2
Rob Van Dam vs. Ric Flair *
Cruiserweight Title: Jamie Noble (w/Nidia) vs. Tajiri ***
World Title vs. Intercontinental Title: Triple H vs. Kane *
Vacant WWE Tag Team Titles, Tournament Finals: Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs. Edge & Rey Mysterio ****3/4
Women's Title: Trish Stratus vs. Victoria *1/2
WWE Heavyweight Title, Hell in a Cell: Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) vs. The Undertaker ***1/2

Overall: The smackdown six does it again. Everything else was borderline garbage. I’d recommend getting the show in order to see the amazing Smackdown tag title finals (and for the main event if you’re a mark for bloody and gore matches, oh and a very solid Cruiserweight match)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE1192-front.jpg

I watched disc one today, and i will prob was disc two later tonight or in the next coming week or weeks.

DISC ONE

Intercontinental Title: Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia (Raw 02.13.97) **3/4
Intercontinental Title: The Rock (w/The Nation of Domination) vs. Owen Hart (Raw 04.06.98) ** - **1/4
King of the Ring Quarterfinal: The Rock vs. Triple H (w/Chyna) ( Raw 06.22.98) **3/4
WWF Title Tournament, Finals: The Rock vs. Mankind (Survivor Series '98) *3/4
WWF Heavyweight Title, Last Man Standing: Mankind vs. The Rock (St. Valentine's Day Massacre '99) ***1/2 - ***3/4
WWF Heavyweight Title, Ladder Match: Mankind vs. The Rock (Raw 02.15.99) ***
WWF Heavyweight Title, No DQ: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WrestleMania XV) ***1/2 - ***3/4

DISC TWO

Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Triple H (w/Chyna) (Raw 07.05.99) **3/4
WWF Tag Team Titles: The Big Show & The Undertaker vs. The Rock 'n' Sock Connection (Raw 08.30.99) **1/4
No Holds Barred: The Rock vs. Kane (w/Tori) (Smackdown 12.30.99) *1/2
WWF Heavyweight Title: Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley & Vince McMahon) vs. The Rock (Backlash '00) **** - ****1/4
WWF Heavyweight Title, Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (w/HHH, Stephanie & Vince McMahon) (Raw 04.31.00 **3/4 - ***
WWF Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle vs. The Rock (No Way Out 2001) ****
WCW Heavyweight Title: Booker T (w/Shane McMahon) vs. The Rock (Summerslam '01) ***
Undisputed Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock (Royal Rumble 2002) ****

DISC THREE

The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania X-8 03.17.02) ***3/4
Unified Heavyweight Title, Triple Threat: The Undertaker vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (Vengeance 2002 07.21.02) ****1/4 - ****1/2
Non-Title: The Rock vs. Eddy Guerrero (Raw 07.22.02) **3/4
The Rock vs. Steve Austin (WrestleMania XIX 03.30.03) ****1/4 - ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Wwe_Survivor_Series_2002.jpg

Elimination Table Match: Bubba Ray Dudley, Spike Dudley & Jeff Hardy vs. 3-Minute Warning & Rico **
Cruiserweight Title: Jamie Noble (w/Nidia) vs. Billy Kidman **
WWE Women's Title, Hardcore Match: Trish Stratus vs. Victoria **
WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) vs. The Big Show *
WWE Tag Team Championship, Triple Threat Elimination: Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs. Los Guerreros ***1/2
World Heavyweight Title, Elimination Chamber: Triple H vs. Chris Jericho vs. Booker T vs. Kane vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Rob Van Dam ***1/2

Overall: The Elimination Chamber takes up nearly half of the PPV with all the hype, interviews, and entrances, so as that goes, so goes the PPV. The undercard had the good tag match and the semi-historic official face turn for Brock Lesnar that set off his little runas the top guy. ANYWAYS this is basically a two match show and the two matches aren't great enough for me to give this ant thumbs up. SORRY :n:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
armageddon02.jpg

World Tag Titles, Elimination Match: Chris Jericho & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Booker T & Goldust vs. William Regal & Lance Storm ***
Edge vs. A-Train *
Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero ***3/4
Kane vs. Batista (w/Ric Flair) 1/4*
Women's Title, Triple Threat: Victoria vs. Trish Stratus vs. Jacqueline 1/2*
WWE Heavyweight Title: The Big Show (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Kurt Angle **
World Heavyweight Title, 2/3 Falls: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (w/Ric Flair) **1/2

Overall: NOT Even Benoit vs. Eddit can save this. Only enjoyable things about this was the tag match and eddie/chris but other then that it was either horrible or highly disappointing. This waybe the one of the worse PPV's ever. :n:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
2rx8h0j.jpg

Tommy Dreamer & Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten vs. FBI *
Chris Candido vs. Jerry Lynn **
Great Sasuke vs. Justin Credible ***
Rob Van Dam vs. Ban Ban Bigelow *1/2
ECW TV Title: Taz vs. 2 Cold Scorpio *1/2
The Dudleys vs. New Jack & Kronus & Spike Dudley 1/4*
Stairway to Hell Match: Sandman vs. Sabu **

Overall: Quite possible the worse wresling show I've ever seen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
genericodvdfinal.jpg

DISC ONE

Do or Die IV 2/19/05 - El Generico vs. Arik Cannon vs. Fast Eddie vs. Josh Daniels *
Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05 - El Generico vs. Homicide **
A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07 - El Generico vs. Matt Sydal ***
Race to the Top Tournament Night 1 7/27/07 - El Generico vs. Delirious (First Round) (It's just a clip not the full match)
Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07 - El Generico vs. Chris Hero (Quarter-Finals) (It's just a clip not the full match)
Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07 - El Generico vs. Davey Richards (Semi-Finals) (It's just a clip not the full match)
Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07 - El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli (Finals) ****
Motor City Madness 2007 - El Generico vs. Naomichi Marufuji ***1/2
Eye of the Storm 2/22/08 - El Generico vs. Austin Aries (#1 Contender's Tournament First Round) **1/2
Eye of the Storm 2/22/08 - El Generico vs. Go Shiozaki (#1 Contender's Tournament Semi-Finals) ***
Return Engagement 4/19/08 - El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi ***1/2
Age of Insanity 8/15/08 - El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match) ***1/2
Battle of the Best 9/13/08 - El Generico, Shingo, & Dragon Kid beat Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & BxB Hulk ***1/2

DISC TWO

Tokyo Summit 9/14/08 - El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori ***
Proving Ground 2009 Night 2: 2/7/09 - El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson ***1/2
The Omega Effect 11/14/09 - El Generico vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima ***3/4
ROH on HDNet Episode 63 - El Generico vs. Tyler Black **3/4
Salvation 7/24/10 - El Generico & Colt Cabana vs. The American Wolves ***1/2
SoCal Showdown II 1/28/11 - El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match) ****
Manhattan Mayhem IV 3/19/11 - El Generico vs. TJ Perkins ***
Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 2: 4/2/11 - El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (this is just a clip not the full match)
ROH Revolution USA 5/6/11 - El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (No Disqualification) ***1/2
Best in the World 2011 6/26/11 - El Generico vs. Christopher Daniels (World TV Title Match) **** - ****1/4

Overall: the matches are really good but NO Steen vs. Generico, or even 1 Steenerico match. C'MON ROH that's fucking stupid. But other then that :y:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: Flyin' Brian & "Stunning" Steve watching WRESTLING

29bnhci.png

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ariesdvdfinal.jpg

Disc 1

Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe (ROH World Title Match) - Final Battle 2004 12/26/04 ****
Clip of Homicide beating Aries in Trios Tournament 2005 Finals 3/5/05
Austin Aries vs. Homicide (ROH World Title Match) - Best Of American Super Juniors Tournament 4/2/05 ***
Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley (ROH World Title Match) - Manhattan Mayhem 5/7/05 ****
Highlights of Aries vs. Gibson time limit draw from Stalemate 4/16/05
Austin Aries vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match) - Final Showdown 5/13/05 ****1/4
Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match) - Nowhere To Run 5/14/05 ****
Austin Aries vs. Spanky (ROH World Title Match) - New Frontiers 6/4/05 ***3/4
Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles - This Means War 10/29/05 ***1/4
Clips from Tag Title win - Final Battle 2005 12/17/05
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Bryan Danielson & Jay Lethal (ROH World Tag Title Match) - Tag Wars 06 ****1/4

Disc 2

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles & Matt Sydal (ROH World Tag Title Match) - Fourth Anniversary 2/25/06 ***3/4*
Austin Aries vs. Sydal - Arena Warfare 3/11/06 ***1/2
Austin Aries vs. Davey Richards - Glory By Honor V, Night 1 9/15/06 **1/2
Clips from Aries & Strong vs. Daniels & Sydal - Fifth Year Festival: NYC 2/16/07
Austin Aries vs. Matt Sydal *(Open The Brave Gate Championship) - Fifth Year Festival: Dayton 2/23/07 ***
Austin Aries vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match) - The Battle Of St. Paul 4/27/07 ***3/4 - ****
Aries return/contract signing at Driven on 6/23/07
Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong - Undeniable 10/6/07 ****1/4
Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 1 in The Best of Three Series) - Honor Nation 10/5/07 ***3/4
Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 2 in The Best of Three Series) - Chaos At The Cow Palace 10/21/07 ***3/4
Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (Match 3 In The Best of Three Series) - Glory By Honor VI, Night 1 11/2/07 ****1/4

Overall: This first disc was full of golden matches, and showed the evolution of Aries from great performer to elite top level. I personally would of liked 1 or 2 matches before he won the title. But they already had another dvd for that so i guess this was just to show his best matches. Disc 2 is really showed Aries as one of the top guys if not the top guy in ROH and showed some of his best work but their also was some questionable matches on here as well. e.g. The two Sydal matches now i'm a big fan of the first one but the second one not really, also the Davey match had no business being on here except for the fact it was the first meeting between the two and ROH has a hard on for Davey. With that being said why not have the match they had in '09 when Aries won the World title for the second time. SHIT now that i think about why was none of that included here, what about his feud with Jimmy Jacobs. And lastly not enough Strong/Aries tag matches. C'MON ROH. 8/10 I still say pick this up that is if you don't have all the dvd's already.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

kentadvdfinal.jpg

Disc 1

KENTA vs. Low Ki (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match) - Final Battle 2005 ****1/2
KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe - Best in the World 3/25/06 ****1/4
KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe - In Your Face 6/17/06 ****
KENTA vs. Austin Aries - Chi-Town Struggle 6/24/06 ***3/4
KENTA vs. Davey Richards - Fight of the Century 8/5/06 ***1/4
KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match) - Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06 *****
KENTA vs. Matt Sydal - The Bitter End 11/4/06 ***1/2

Disc 2

KENTA vs. Rocky Romero - United We Stand 6/22/07 ***1/4
KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson - Driven 6/23/07 ****1/2
KENTA vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (GHC Heavyweight Title Match) Glory By Honor VI Night 2 11/3/07 ***1/4 - ***1/2
KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima Tokyo Summit 9/14/08 ***3/4
KENTA vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match) 7th Anniversary Show 3/21/09 ****1/4
KENTA vs. Davey Richards (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match) Supercard of Honor IV 4/3/09 ****1/4
KENTA & Tyler Black vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Austin Aries - Take No Prisoners 2009 4/4/09 ***3/4
KENTA vs. Tyler Black - End of an Age 6/27/09 ***3/4

Overall: This was a great first disc, but the thing with Kenta was all his matches have the same formula. If you can looking past that and focus on the match quality you will see some of the most amazing and hardest hitting stuff you've ever seen. I wasn't a fan of them putting the Davey/Kenta match but once again ROH had their hard on for Davey and had to put him on here. Even if the story was teacher vs. Student. And the Sydal was another weird pick for this as well i personally enjoyed it but i think they could of had one of Kenta's tag matches against the Briscoe's or against Aries/Strong instead. but hey nothing we can do now. Disc two is crazy and the ratings speak for themselves but just like disc one i felt like they left a couple of better matches out and i'll list them after. Still this has so many amazing matches to watch. While I do strongly recommend picking this up, I also recommend watching it in multiple sittings, as some of the matches tend to get repetitive. 9/10 :y:

Matches that should of been on.

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. KENTA & Davey Richards - ROH Honor Reclaims Boston
ROH HDTV Taping (Episode #14) KENTA vs. Roderick Strong
ROH HDTV Taping (Episode #18) The American Wolves & Chris Hero (w/Sara Del Rey & Shane Hagadorn) vs. KENTA & Kevin Steen & El Generico
American Wolves vs KENTA/Roderick Strong - ROH Violent Tendencies
ROH HDTV August 14, 2009 - KENTA & Bryan Danielson & Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero & Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards
ROH HDTV Taping August 15, 2009 - KENTA vs. Chris Hero

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

nigelfinaldvd.jpg

Disc 1

Nigel McGuinness vs. Chet Jablonski - Wrath of the Racket 8/9/03 (ROH debut) *3/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Homicide - Midnight Express Reunion 10/2/04 ***
Nigel McGuinness vs. Colt Cabana (Soccer Riot Match) - Night of the Grudges 2 8/20/05 **3/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Samoa Joe (ROH Pure Title Match) - Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05 ***1/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries (ROH Pure Title Match) - Unscripted II 2/11/06 ***1/2
Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson (World Title Vs. Pure Title Unification Match) - Unified 8/12/06 ****3/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Naomichi Marufuji (GHC Heavyweight Title Match) - Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06 ****
Highlights: McGuinness vs. Rave NO DQ I Quit Match - Battle of the Icons 1/27/07
Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Rave (Fight Without Honor) - FYF: Finale 3/4/07 ****

Disc 2

Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match) - Fighting Spirit 4/14/07
Highlights: McGuinness & Danielson vs. Morishima & Marufuji - United We Stand 6/22/07
Highlights : Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match) - Live In Tokyo 7/16/07
Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match) - Undeniable 10/6/07 ***1/2
Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries - Rising Above 12/29/07
In ring speech from Final Battle 2007
Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black (ROH World Title Match) - Take No Prisoners 3/16/08 ****1/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli (ROH World Title Match) - New Horizons 7/26/08 ***3/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. El Generico (ROH World Title Match) - Glory By Honor VII 9/20/08 ***1/2
Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Jerry Lynn - Supercard of Honor IV 4/3/09
Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson - Glory By Honor VIII 9/26/09 ****1/4

DVD Bonus:
Sit-down interview with Nigel McGuinness prior to Glory By Honor VIII

Overall: This was different to the other "Best of DVD's ROH has released because before every match we would get a mini-interview with Nigel talking about how he was feeling before/during and after the match. e.g. the intro to the dvd has Nigel talking about him being in developmental in 2003 and him borrowing a ROH dvd and saw that this was a place to Prentice his craft. I thought this was a nice tough, some of the other interviews were before his match with Colt he put him over and talked about what it was like, To the before and after the Unified match where he talking about the ring post spot that lead to the concussions and what Danielson meant to him personally and professionally. Which we haven't ROH do in the past which was nice. As for the i felt their was better matches that they could of used but this really showed the "Evolution" of Nigel from those 2 first matches that showed a still learning Nigel - to the really good mid-card guy who was almost ready for that main event push - to the guy who could go down as the greatest ROH world champion of all time. What this DVD does is show some of the older fans who want to relive some of Nigel's best matches and show some of the new fans who never got to see him wrestle what he could offer. My only thing with this was as much as i enjoyed watching this i feel they missed quite a few gem matches, but that speaks to the greatest the Nigel was. :y: