WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
21mtdly.png

Disc One

Stampede Wrestling July 1979 - Ladder Match for North American Heavyweight Championship and Cash: Jake Roberts vs. Big Daddy Ritter
Big Daddy Ritter who would late be known as The WWF’s Junkyard Dog. Here is a younger Jake Roberts and Ritter going at it in the first of its kind that they have on tape I believe, I do find it hilarious that they only used half a ladder and had to get another person come in and hold it:lmao Anyway the DVD takes us 4 minutes in so I've missed the opening 4, what was the point of that? This match is only here because it shows how far the ladder match has come throughout the years. *

WWF July 21 1992 - Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels
This is the first time I've ever seen this, lol. This is the first Ladder Natch that ever happen in the WWF not WM X like WWE would have you believe at time. This match was quite good for its time. Nothing amazing but for 1992 I bet this was a big deal. Both guys did some nice bumping in this but the ladder felt secondary. ***1/4

Summerslam 1995 - Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon
Obviously this match had high expectations going in, thanks to their match at WM X. Everyone was wondering if it would live up to the anticipation, and depending on whom you talk to some say YES! And some say NO! For me I still like the first more only because it was so revolutionary at the time but in this one they just tried too hard to top themselves and this had one too many botches. I have to mark it down a bit for the the ending which was botched twice, and It also loses points for forgetting about Shawn's injured knee just so that big spots. Afterwards, Razor takes the belt away from Shawn and hands it back to him as they embrace to show the world that everything is okay between them. CLIQUE. ****1/2

ladder1a.gif

Summerslam 1998 - Ladder Match for WWF Intercontinental Title: The Rock (w/Mark Henry) vs. (Triple H w/Chyna)
Now here is a career making match. Hunter would be forced to forfeit the title due to injury, but Rock would go on to the World Title later in the year. This was a terrific match that had some cool spots but told a good story as well. It was this match that really showed that both of these guys were going to be top guys in the very near future. My only problem with it was HHH not consistently selling his leg injury towards the end. ****1/4

No Mercy 1999 - Ladder Match: New Brood vs. Edge & Christian
This would be the finals of the Terri Invitation Tournament (Really just a best of 5 series) where the winners would receive $100,000 and the services of Terri Runnels. Now this is an all-time classic for how innovative and revolutionary it was. The match that not only built a reputation for four men but perhaps built a reputation in these types of matches. Unlike many of the other recent ladder matches, this one has aged quite well. The spots don't come off as "I'm only doing it for a poo" Everything here was just thought out perfectly and was done at the right time. ****1/4 1999 WWF MOTY

ladder1c.gif

Summerslam 2000 - Tables, Ladders and Chairs for the WWF Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz
These 6 guys set the bar ridiculously high in ladder matches it's not even funny. This is basically a ladder match where you have to climb up to retrieve the belts, but unlike the WrestleMania meeting tables and chairs are also involved. What can I say about this match that hasn't been said before? Just Phenomenal action from start to finish with a crazy amount of dramatic moments and insane bumps, and damn it still holds up pretty well after 12 years. ****1/4

ladder1d.gif

WCW Starrcade 2000 - Ladder Match for a Contract for the Cruiserweight Championship: 3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons
The weird thing was that it was a tag match but only one man could win it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Classic WCW. Man this was sloppy as hell at times, but when they weren't botching shit the action was pretty damn fun for a spotfeast. The finish with 3 count pulling down the contract together was pretty smart. **1/2

Royal Rumble 2001 - Ladder match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho
This still holds up as one of the all time CLASSICS and the greatest ladder match in WWF/E history "FUCK" Shawn/Razor and those TLC matches, Some of the best innovative offense you`ll ever see with the ladder mixed with the best bumping in my opinion. Just straight balls-to-the-wall action and from bell to bell and I know people shit on the ending cause both guys are overselling but C'MON they beat the shit out of each other with every moves being more violent than the last nothing wrong with selling huge bumps and exhaustion. ****3/4

ladder1f.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Two

WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match: WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
This match still holds up as the sick, painful, disgusting, amazing, athletic, insane and awesome spotfeast in wrestling history. The addition of Rhyno, Lita, and Spike only added to the awesomeness, and it still amazes me they were able to top what they did the previous year or even top the first TLC which was done eight month prior. The spots in this match were once again awesome as all six guys, plus their three friends, busted their asses to put on a great show. As usual, Jeff Hardy took the most insane bumps with the Swanton onto two people as well as the spear he took from Edge while hanging onto the belts. It was one of the sickest bumps I have ever seen and quite frankly I'm surprised he could walk after that one. I'm always shocked by these guys walking away without major injuries, although Edge did end up having major neck surgery a few years later and as we know it forced him to retire early. ****1/4

aczmXK6m.gif

Smackdown 05/24/2001 - TLC III for the World Tag Team Championship: The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Two-Man Canadian Violence (Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit)
This is probably my favorite TLC match cause it's more than just big spot after big spot it told an AMAZING story of Benoit missing the headbutt through the table so he gets taken to the back with "Bruised or cracked ribs" so that would leave Jericho alone for most of the remaining match. But it seemed as if the numbers were going to be too much for him. Suddenly, Benoit came back out to the ring with his ribs taped up and showed some tremendous courage by fighting off members of the opposing teams, Oh and the spot with the CON-CHAIR-TO to the injured ribs after Benoit covered his head is still one of the top 10 greatest things EVER! This was a great match that lived up to the insanity of the previous TLC matches and what made it even better is that we got to see it for free. ****1/2

acf8yX9O.gif
ladder2d.gif

No Mercy 2001 - Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Edge vs. Christian
This feud took a Nasty turn on the 10/15 Raw when Christian officially joined the Alliance. In a backstage segment Edge tells Christian his mother’s been in a car accident. Christian asks why he wasn't called first as they run down the hallway. On their way out, they meet up with Hugh Morrus, Kanyon and Chuck Palumbo. As Edge tries to push out of the way, Christian crushes him with his briefcase, and says “The only accident in our family is the one where Mom gave birth to you twenty-seven years ago!” Then at the Unforgiving PPV Christian beat Edge for the IC title. Now as for the match it was alright but nothing really special. I'm not saying it was terrible of anything but the action was just alright. Or maybe it's because this is the 10 ladder match in a row I've seen. IDK But I can say I loved the revenge spot Edge does the Con-chair-to to Christian on top of the ladder to end the match. ***1/2

ladder2e.gif

RAW 05/27/2002 - Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero
This match was FUCKIN' AWESOME! This match is definitely one of the best in Raw's history. Eddie and RVD were having great matches at this time and this was probably their best. This match saw both men take an insane amount of high risks and bruising moves including a sunset flip powerbomb from the top of the ladder. lol @ them editing when the fan tried to come into the ring and Eddie beat him up. This was clearly one of the very few highlight minus the Booker/Goldust stuff that Raw had during 2002. This would have had a higher rating if RVD didn't fall off the ladder during the frogsplah and if that fan didn't push Eddie off a ladder too, I hope that fucker got RAPED in jail. ****1/4

ladder2f.gif
ladder2g.gif

RAW 07/01/2002 - Ladder Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship: The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy
I remember this main evented Raw and no one thought Jeff could win the match but as the match went on the story it told sort of made you believe the impossible, that along with JR’s brilliant commentary. This seems to be a love it or hate it match. I love the story of the whole thing, while others hate the fact that it isn't a spotfest like most other ladder matches. And I think that's why I enjoyed it more because it's not a Spot after Spot match and hell this even had selling. Don't get me wrong the action was Phenomenal or anything but I just enjoyed the art of the story Post Match: Undertaker gives Jeff one last, Last Ride, rides off on his bike off the ramp and then Jeff said on the mic to The Undertaker you haven’t broken me. Taker walks back and instead of a punch…he raises his arm and gives him props as the crowd cheer. ***

ladder2h.gif

RAW 10/07/02 - TLC IV World Tag Team Championships: Kane & Hurricane vs. Rob Van Dam & Jeff Hardy vs. Bubba Ray Dudley & Spike Dudley vs. Chris Jericho & Christian
Kane was supposed to be partnered with The Hurricane, but he was taken out earlier in the night. This match was voted the greatest match in the first decade of Raw. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Not even in my top 50. Now this was a total spotfeast and I enjoyed it, maybe it's because I've only seen this like 3 times. The match featured some insane action like Jeff Hardy giving a legdrop to Kane through a table, RVD delivering a Van Terminator to Kane, Jeff Hardy being backdropped from inside the ring through a table on the outside, and Chris Jericho doing one of the most insane spots I've ever seen in a TLC match when he fell from the top of a ladder FACE FIRST to the outside of the ring. Plus I only think they broke 3 tables. ***1/2

ladder2j.gif

WWE Unforgiven 2004 - Ladder Match for the Vacant WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Christian
Man this is a forgotten match in the world of ladder matches. Edge was injured so the title is Vacant. And as much as I enjoyed this at times when I first saw it the match just doesn't hold up, it was pretty solid and filled with great high risk bumps, but the match just felt like it was missing that something to push it to the next level. The finish was too anti-climactic for my liking too. ***1/2

ladder2k.gif

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Three

WrestleMania 21 - 1st Ever Money in the Bank" Ladder Match: Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane
This is the “creationâ€￾ of Chris Jericho, to put these deserving wrestler’s in a Ladder match together with the winner getting a title shot any time, at any show for up to one year. Still holds up as the GOAT MITB Match. Not only were the spots great and innovative, the wrestling was top notch but there was also some storytelling unlike your usual mindless spotfest. Who could forget the AMAZING selling from Chris Benoit. But the MVP of the match was clearly MR. Benjamin who came out looking like a million bucks, Benoit looked like a tough bastard, and Edge shows his first signs of becoming the ultimate opportunist. Nothing beat the original. ****1/2

ladder3a.gif

SummerSlam 2005 - Ladder Match for the Custody of Dominick: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
As much as I loved this '05 feud I really didn't like bringing Dominick into the story, but more that I think about it, it was the next logic step. I still don't like it though, at least the matches made this watchable and Eddie's heel run was AMAZING! The spots were great in this match even if Vickie did screw it up a bit. The only real thing holding this back from being on the level of the "Great American Bash" and "Judgement Day" was the The botched sunset flip into a powerbomb, and when Mysterio back body dropped Guerrero from the top of one ladder onto another ladder was freaking terrifying. Guerrero barely made contact with the ladder he was supposed to hit, but Mysterio came crashing down onto both ladders. ***1/2 - ***3/4

ladder3d.gif

RAW 10/03/2005 - Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Loser Leaves RAW): Matt Hardy vs. Edge
Lita '05 whore outfits, WOW! The intensity was off the charts in this feud and I think I've said it every time I watch a Hardy/Edge match but I give both guys and Lita props for being so professional during this time. As for the match it was 10-12 minutes long and they did some really cool stuff, and glad they didn't try to clusterfuck it with spots that had no meaning. But I would say this was the weakest match they had. The ending was pretty cool though with Lita crucifixes Matt on the ropes which forces him to watch Edge climb the ladder and grab the briefcase for the win. ***1/4

RAW 01/16/2006 - Tables, Ladders & Chairs for the WWE Championship: Ric Flair vs. Edge
When 2006 started did anybody expect Ric Flair to participate in an amazing Ladder Match? Sure, he didn't take any of the big bumps, but this match had more drama and more action then most other matches of the year. Even though it was obvious that Flair wouldn't come away with the belt you still had to be on the edge of your seat to see if the Dirtiest Player in the Game could pull it off. Considering Flair was in his late 50's in this and Edge was able to carry him to a 4+ star match really speak volumes to how great he was. This took place in Flair's hometown and everyone wanted to see if he could pick up his amazing seventeenth world title win, Flair's kids was even at ringside. ****1/4

ladder3f.gif

Unforgiven 2006 - TLC Match for the WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Edge
If Edge wins, Cena signs a three-year deal with Smackdown. If Cena wins, he becomes the three-time WWE Champion. In case you didn’t know, this is also Edge’s hometown so the crowd is very pro-Edge. And the pop he gets is insane. I'm one of the few people that generall love this match with a passion you can tell Edge is out there trying to put on the match of his life even in losing. I loved how Lita's interference more or less cost Edge the match. If it wasn't for a few minor obvious botches this might be the 2006 WWE MOTY. ****1/2

ladder3h.gif

RAW 11/20/2006 - Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro
I don't remember much about this feud at all and have no idea how it became a ladder match. But I must say i was impressed with this. Nitro's standing dropkick while he was on the ladder was an AMAZING. Hardy's swanton on the ladder was sick too. I think Johnny Nitro had a star making performance in this match and Jeff Hardy continued on the role he's been on during his latest stint with WWE until he fucked up. ***1/2

ladder3i.gif

Armageddon 2006 - WWE Tag Team Championship 4-Way Ladder Match: Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor vs. Hardy's vs. MNM (w/Melina)
This was scheduled to be a simple tag match, but GM Teddy Long changes things up to make it a four-way ladder match. This match features what I would consider one of the most gruesome moments in WWE history, Joey Mercury shatters his nose with a ladder and blood pours everywhere. Needless to say, he had to go straight to hospital and while it's most remembered for that bump, the match was bloody entertaining of a spotfest which never boring. I did like the twist of Regal and Taylor being petrified of climbing the ladder, and now they have a legitimate gripe for a rematch because they thought they were going in to a regular match. I wouldn't call it a classic Ladder match but i do give respect to these teams for going balls out and putting their bodies on the line, I wonder how long they had to prepare for this. ****

acvFeYzp.gif

Overall: 8.5/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
flairintro.gif

Disc One

The first disc consists of a 2-hour documentary about his life and career, which sure if covers the aspics but it doesn't even scratch the surface of his career. I do like the stories told but if you really want to know everything about the "GOD" Flair I suggest you pick up the shoot interview which is like over 9 hours long. But yeah as for this you get to know he was adopted as a baby. And the story of the plane crash, rise of the Four Horsemen, all the way to the 80's feuds with Sting, Steamboat and Funk. Then the DVD goes into his first WWF run back in '91-'93 which I wish they would of covered more. Next was the trouble in WCW when Hogan came in and they kept booking him as a joke. Then the DVD finishes with chapters about returning to the WWF in 2001 and Evolution, then the DVD just skips all the way to WrestleMania XXIV, Hall Of Fame Weekend and Farewell to Flair on Raw :( The Extras are what really bring this set come alive. Everyone tells a unique story and whether it’s brawling with Terry Funk and using the table before anyone used tables, or going how the Steamboat matches still hold up. The documentary is also much more entertaining than Flair's autobiography. Compared to other wrestler documentaries, this is one of the best ones that the WWE has done. Oh and I think Flair has the most star studded cast of wrestlers to speak on and about his career.

Flair Stories

Too Many Distractions: English and Math scores kept him out of the great schools. He wanted to go to Michigan, but they didn't think he could cut it academically. Flair admits that they were right because, once he got into Minnesota, he found out there were too many distractions.

Buying Boots: Flair was making $200 a week, and Wahoo McDaniel told him to buy some boots, so Flair placed an order for three pair, which wound up costing him $800. "What a guy"

Bleaching His Hair: Verne Gagne discouraged him from bleaching his hair, He also discouraged Flair from changing his name to "Rambling" Ricky Rhodes and passing himself off as Dusty Rhodes' brother.

Hanging with the Outlaws: Flair admits that he was a huge mark for Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch. He also admits that he would tell his wife he was working and then go hang out at their house for a couple days. He says he got a break when someone got injured, so he got to go to Japan. Flair carried their bags for three weeks while they gave him the cold shoulder. He relates a story of trying to take a French fry off Dick Murdoch's tray and getting stabbed with a fork for it. :lmao They were so disgusted with his wussy blade job during a cage match that they left him at the arena and trashed his hotel room.

Ric's Relationship with the Members of Evolution: Flair's wife says Flair is really close with HHH, Batista and Shawn Michaels.

Key to the City March 24, 2008: Flair receives the key to Columbia, S.C. in a great and emotional ceremony.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Two

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (18/08/82) - Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair
Flair cuts a hilarious racist promo before the match, "he's unimpressed with Leroy Dorgan, the (black) guy he was supposed to wrestle, and says where he comes from they don't wrestle his type, they employ them." :lmao Wahoo McDaniel storms out and challenges Flair on the spot, but Flair says he's already got a guy in the ring that he wants to wrestler. The match itself was a good TV match for its time, Flair plays the role of coward heel scared of the face, but still taking it to him when he could get the advantage. Kind of a short match, but very good on the technical scale. **1/2

World Class Championship Wrestling (24/08/82) - 2 out of 3 Falls match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair
Pretty damn good match here, while everyone remembers their cage match & the match were Kerry won the title, in my opinion this was better than both of them. The end of the first fall was hilarious after Flair ducked a punch by Von Erich and hit the ref. The action continued until Von Erich seemingly won with a sleeper. The original ref returned to rule the first fall to Flair via DQ. CHEAP HEEL HEAT! They just went at it for 35 minutes. Von Erich didn't seem to feel like selling much in the early going, but once they settled into a groove these guys tore it up and had the crowd with them the whole way. The post-match stuff was pretty great too, Von Erich’s just upset and trying to cause a riot. ****1/4

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (31/08/83) - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Harley Race
Race put up a $25,000 bounty on Ric's head when Flair was still champion. Bob Orton Jr. and Dick Slater collected and hit Flair with a spiked piledriver, weakening Flair sufficiently for Race to defeat him and reclaim the title just two months prior to this. Flair is now a huge babyface because of the angle. The match certainly had that epic rematch feel, but it was a bit slow when Race was on offense but that's Race's style slow/methodical punishment. I remember reading a while ago that this was given away on free TV, and what a great match to give away. These guys beat the hell out of one another for close to thirty minutes and I'm amazed they could keep going on. A screwjob finish full of interferences doesn't take away from how good the match was, throughout. ***3/4

World Wide Wrestling (15/12/85) - Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Ole Anderson vs. Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA & Manny Fernandez
Just 11 minutes if fun. The crowd was hot from the opening bell to the end, It wasn't a classic wrestling match by any means but just each man doing what they do best as far as being entertaining & being able to hold the hot crowd in the psalms of their hands. I would have liked this on the Four Horseman set but this was part of the start of the Horsemren so I guess it makes it okay for the set. ***1/2

Clash of the Champions (27/03/88) - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting vs. Ric Flair
JJ is in a cage above the ring so he can't interfere and the referee making sure he can't get involved is Teddy Long who has AMAZING Jerry curls. JR says TV time constraints have reduced the time limit from 60 to 45 minutes and if necessary, the decision will go to the ringside judges. This is quite possible the worse panel I’ve ever seen. NWA board member Gary Juster, former authority-type figure and wrestler Sandy Scott, Penthouse Pet of the Year Patty Mullen, Eddie Haskell, and Wayne Arnold from The Wonder Years. "What a mess" The match ends in a 45-minute time-limit expires. Sting dominated a majority of the match and had Flair locked in his signature hold when the match ended. Patty Mullen votes for Flair and gives him a little wave; Gary Juster scores it for Sting; and Sandy Scott declares it a draw, so it's a split-decision draw and Flair retains the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. I guess Wayne Arnold and Eddie Haskell were just hanging out at the judges' table. Tell me again what the point of having the judges was? Flair retaining via time-limit draw was the right decision as a way to get Sting over to a national television audience without having him win the belt, but having this ragtag group of judges at ringside specifically in case of a time-limit draw and then STILL declaring it a draw made the promotion look like a joke. Okay now that I got the flaws out of the way I can talk about how Flair carried Sting to his best match ever. I wouldn't say Sting was still green here but he has only been in the business for 3 years. This was the match that defiantly made Sting a household name, and it was all thanks to Flair. ****1/4

Great American Bash (23/07/89) - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk
This was an incredible bloody, back-and-forth brawl match filled with great psychology; I love the story with Flair & Funk one upping each other by focusing on each other's necks & even using the branding iron against each other at one point or another. I consider this the most hidden of hidden gems cause it gets heavily overshadowed by their "I Quit" match at Clash of the Champions but hot damn this match is almost as good. The post-match brawl was great and sets up numerous angles for the rest of the year ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Three

Madison Square Garden (28/10/91) - Ric Flair vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Flair is still wearing the WCW World Championship belt at this point, and Bobby Heenan is still his advisor. This was a really fun match, while it's not the greatest of technical wrestling match, it was very entertaining as Flair tried to play Piper's game of brawling along with both men pulling off their comedic spots just made you chuckle a time or two. It’s too bad they never did it on a bigger stage like a Summerslam or Survivor Series. Post-Match: Piper gets revenge with some of the weakest chairshots you'll ever see. This was one of Piper's few losses in the WWF. ***

Spring Stampede (17/04/94) - WCW World Championship: Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat
Both guys are technically babyfaces, but Flair is on the cuff of a heel turn because Hulk Hogan is on his way in. Man this is such a hidden gem it's unbelievable. There is controversy with the finish as Steamboat then goes for the Double Chicken Wing and Flair rolls him back for the three-count, but Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel rules that a double-pin so that being a tie the title goes to the champ. The title would actually wind up being vacated, though, immediately after this until Flair won a rematch with Steamboat on TV. Anyway the match was fantastic, as could be expected from these two. They told a great story as they started off with some respectful clean wrestling and developed into a heated showdown, pulling out all the stops to score the victory. I loved that they played off their old matches but brought out some new stuff too. The finish wasn't bad in itself as they used it to set up a rematch, which happen a week later on TV. I have this as the 3rd best match of '94 with Bret/Owen WM10 as number one and Bret/Owen SSlam number 2. ****1/2

Taboo Tuesday (01/11/05) - Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Triple H vs. Ric Flair
Not only is this in the top 10 matches of 2005 put it's in my top 10 of steel cage matches of all time, it's just that phenomenal. This was like Flair's best match since '94 or '95. A phenomenal old-school style cage match. These two men have such good chemistry together. Triple H was AMAZING in this as playing that "Cold heartless bastard" It was really a fine little example of storytelling. The bonus of Joey Styles doing his old fashioned style of commentary which added to the storytelling of the match, and he even put over the never quit attitude Flair had and even almost had me feeling sorry for all the punishment being done. The blade jobs here was sick too and it seemed like every time HHH or Flair’s face would hit the cage they would gash more blood. ****1/2

WrestleMania 24 (30/03/08) - Career Threatening match: Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
HBK offers a handshake, but Flair just caresses his hair. Because he's the GOD of wrestling and hasn’t got time to be friendly. I should also point out Flair robe is fucking magnificent. Okay now the match which was a total Michaels carry job, as he called 99% of it. This was a solid match, but it had so much emotional which does make the ring work look better than it really was. Shawn Michaels busted out the moonsaults and such to try and make this more of a memorable match, but at this point Flair was stuck with fighting dirty, laying in the chops, and the Figure-Four. One of the coolest parts of the match was Shawn being gun shy on pulling the trigger on the Sweet Chin Music when he had the chance. Flair then tripped Shawn up and applied the Figure Four to try and continue his career. The closing moments when Michaels told Ric “I’m sorry. I love you.†before pulling the trigger and hit Sweet Chin Music to end Flairs WWE run is still the greatest finish EVER. ***1/2

Extras
RAW (31/03/08) - Ric Flair’s Farewell Address

Promos
NWA World Championship Wrestling May 25, 1985 - Limousine Ridin' Jet Flyin’, Stylin & Profilin’
NWA World Championship Wrestling June 22, 1985 - Take a Ride on Space Mountain
NWA World Championship Wrestling August 17, 1985 - The Boss
NWA World Championship Wrestling September 7, 1985 - Slick Ric
NWA World Championship Wrestling September 21, 1985 - Real Men Stay Up
NWA World Championship Wrestling December 20, 1985 - What’s Causing All This
NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987 - Space Mountain
NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987 - Golden Spoon

adgYQyP2.gif

Overall: 10/10 while it is impossible to top the Ultimate Flair collection, I must say this is almost as perfect. All that is needed next is a DVD set of matches never before released or seen on DVD since first release like the Bret Hart one and my life will be perfect.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Clash of the Champions (27/03/88) - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting vs. Ric Flair
JJ is in a cage above the ring so he can't interfere and the referee making sure he can't get involved is Teddy Long who has AMAZING Jerry curls. JR says TV time constraints have reduced the time limit from 60 to 45 minutes and if necessary, the decision will go to the ringside judges. This is quite possible the worse panel I’ve ever seen. NWA board member Gary Juster, former authority-type figure and wrestler Sandy Scott, Penthouse Pet of the Year Patty Mullen, Eddie Haskell, and Wayne Arnold from The Wonder Years. "What a mess" The match ends in a 45-minute time-limit expires. Sting dominated a majority of the match and had Flair locked in his signature hold when the match ended. Patty Mullen votes for Flair and gives him a little wave; Gary Juster scores it for Sting; and Sandy Scott declares it a draw, so it's a split-decision draw and Flair retains the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. I guess Wayne Arnold and Eddie Haskell were just hanging out at the judges' table. Tell me again what the point of having the judges was? Flair retaining via time-limit draw was the right decision as a way to get Sting over to a national television audience without having him win the belt, but having this ragtag group of judges at ringside specifically in case of a time-limit draw and then STILL declaring it a draw made the promotion look like a joke. Okay now that I got the flaws out of the way I can talk about how Flair carried Sting to his best match ever. I wouldn't say Sting was still green here but he has only been in the business for 3 years. This was the match that defiantly made Sting a household name, and it was all thanks to Flair. ****1/4

Still my favorite match of all time. Not sure if you knew that.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
jerichointro.gif

Disc One

The first disc includes a documentary which IMO is the best and well put together WWE Superstar doc' WWE has ever done and quite possible the 2nd best Doc WWE has ever done 1st being the ECW one. I love that amount of detail that goes into this and he pretty much speaks on everything that he's done in wrestling which is nice, because I've noticed with the WWE doc's the do skip over stuff, (I take that back Jericho didn't speak about his matches with Benoit or teaming with him 8D) But in all seriousness that would of been nice but it doesn't take away from how incredible this is. I'm not going to talk about all the chapters, because I want to ruin it for you but I can give you a list of all the stories told. I mean the doc' starts with Jericho’s life growing up in Winnipeg to him wanting to be two things when he grew up a rockstar and a professional wrestler. To how he broke in, to Mexico and Japan to become an international superstar, and goes on to cover his time in ECW, stories of how terrible WCW was and how happy he was once he turned heel because he could pretty much call his own shots. The debut in WWE with the help of the Millennium clock which strikes zero right as The Rock is doing one of his famous promos. And all the great stuff he's done in the WWE until 2005 when he felt he needed a break because he's been doing this non-stop for 15 years then the Doc' spends quite a lengthy time on his music with Fozzy. Next we have how he started getting the itch again when he saw the 2 Michaels/Cena match during 2007. To the debut and the brief 2007 face run that he wasn't happy with so what did he do? Well only what Jericho can do and reinvent him. By watching the movie "No Country for Old Men" and saw a character he liked and mixed it with Nick Bockwinkel from the AWA. He discussed the AMAZING 2008 run then pretty much goes over the stuff that happen with the feud with Edge and the DVD finishes with him Jericho hooks up with Wade Barrett in the first season of NXT. Really just phenomenal stuff here, I really urge you all to buy this if you can. Man I haven’t even got to the matches yet MARK!

Special Features

A Young Fanatic: Jericho talks about how he and his friend acted out the entire Steamboat/Savage match from WrestleMania III. "What a mark!"

Jack Action: Jericho’s describes how he got his ring name. He originally wanted to be called Jack Action. Lance saw the name and told Chris how terrible it is and Chris kind of played it off like he wasn’t going to use it. When asked what name he was going to use he had the Walls of Jericho tape in his car and so Chris Jericho was born.

Leon de Oro: When Chris went to Japan all the guys he liked had animal names so he wanted to be called the Golden Lion (Leon de Oro). The promoter in Mexico said "no, your name will be He-Man." I HAVE THE POWER! So they were going to give him a sword. So he was on a show where people would vote for his name. The three choices were Leon de Oro, He-Man and Chris Power. Chris lucked out because the name they picked was Leon de Oro. Turns out that the Leon De Oro name won out by a grant total of 8 votes, and only about 115 people voted.

The Thrillseekers Vignette #1: The Thrillseekers working out in a gym complete with a 80’s rock song.

The Thrillseekers Vignette #2: The Thrill Seekers are in a forest in Tennessee and they are there to show everyone that they are here to ROCK America! we get various clips of them standing around doing nothing, followed by them GO-Karting!

"Have you heard of Chris Jericho?â€: Christian talks about how him and Edge and a few of the other guys were in awe of Jericho when he debuted, but they all hung out before then. They went out and Christian said he would ask people if they had heard of Chris Jericho and surprisingly everyone said yes. They even went into a cab and asked a taxi driver and HE knew who he was, too. This was even before he was in WCW or WWE!

Paul Heyman’s Roommate: Jericho tried to get into ECW for over a year but Heyman would blow him off, saying that he was on the other line with someone important, or that he was Paul’s roommate Dave. Dave E. Dangerously. Chris finally talked to him in December of 1995 and Heyman said right away that he was trying to get a hold of Jericho for a WHOLE YEAR. :lmao

Mister Salty: Joey Styles talks about Jericho using a submission that he’d never seen before and Styles didn't know what it was called so he called it a Mr. Salty (because he’s tied up like a pretzel) to this day Jericho mentions it him every time Jericho sees him.

Nitro (March 30, 1998) - The Man of 1,004 Holds: You know the story already Jericho beats Marty Jannetty. And then cuts a post-match promo saying that "Dean Malenko, maybe the man of 1,000 holds" but Jericho is better because he knows 1,004" ARMBAR! Prince Ieukea came out and chased him out but Jericho only cared about his list of holds.

Nitro (June 1, 1998) - Conspiracy Victim: Chris Jericho walks around Washington DC completely in character, looking for evidence of a conspiracy against him by WCW and ways to fight back on it. Legitimate guards at the United States Capitol tell him he has to leave. He then is shown on a street corner, dressed in a suit and holding a sign identifying him as a conspiracy victim. He goes to the gate of the White House to speak with Bill Clinton about it, He then goes to the Library of Congress to look up the rules on WCW title belts.

Thunder (June 11, 1998) - Father Knows Best: Chris Jericho finds out that he has to wrestle Dean Malenko at the Great American Bash after Jericho successfully found a loophole to reclaim the title. But Jo Jo Dillon refuses to actually let him hold the belt and so Jericho throws a fit. Then his father shows up and yells at him.

Thunder (September 10, 1998) - "Hello, Lexington!": Jericho spoofing Goldberg's entrance but acidently gets locked out of the building. He even tries pulling open the door (which is actually open and it does open in his hands) but he’s locked out. His opponent, Wrath, tries finding Jericho by leaving the ring. Wrath finds him so Jericho runs away.

RAW (October 30, 2000) - Do You Smell What Y2J is Cookin’?: Jericho and Rock are about to have a number one contender’s match and are both being interviewed by Michael Cole. They keep interrupting each other and mock each other's catchphrases.

Post-RAW (August 25, 2003) - Sharing a Beer with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: After RAW goes off the air Jericho is joined in the ring by Austin and they entertain the live crowd.

Post-Smackdown! (November 17, 2009) - Jericho vs. The Old Man: Chris gets on the microphone and yells at the audience, telling them they can’t leave until he says they can. He says everyone in the crowd is jealous of him and even pokes fun at a grandpa at ringside. The Old Man takes his jacket off and is ready for a challenge and Jericho just goes off on him. The old man even uses profanity towards Jericho so Jericho tells the security guard to toss the Old Man and his friend out of the building.

Jericho’s Junction: This is a highlight reel of Jericho’s interview segments and tantrums. They even added the clip of the fan tells him to go back to Toronto and Jericho yells back that "I’m from Winnipeg, idiot." AWESOME!

Fozzy Music Video - Let the Madness Begin Music Video

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Two

Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990 - "Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm
This was Chris Jericho's first ever match as well as Lance Storm's, This wasn't terrible but you could tell it was two very green guys working in the ring together oh and this match has Alternate Commentary By Chris Jericho & Matt Striker. *1/2

Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994 - The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos
A basic high-flying squash match for the Thrill Seekers. DUD!

Japan July 7, 1995 - International Junior Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon
Damn good fast paced back and forth match, but this had no real story and lack of selling really hurt this down the stretch. And by the way this match got Jericho a job in ECW, and got him his job with WCW. This also has Alternate Commentary with Chris Jericho & Matt Striker on it which was fun. ***1/2

Hardcore TV March 12, 1996 - Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
Foley bumping like a mad man for Jericho in this was great. Good chemistry between these two as they adapted well to each other’s styles. The opening 5 minutes were pretty slow but it sure did pick up in the middle and had a hot ending. ***1/2

Fall Brawl September 14, 1997 - WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Just a fantastic match as they hit everything crisply and smoothly with some of the best reversals, chain wrestling and psychology you will ever see In later WCW, I loved the hair pulling shenanigans to start things off as Eddie tries to get on Jericho’s nerves. Jericho is working on the arm of Jericho while Eddy is working on the back. Why? I’m not so sure. But that wouldn't really mean anything because they no sold the work done at the end. ****

SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998 - Mask vs. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
Jericho refuses to take the belt off, so they start the match with him wearing it. lol. The first six minutes of the match were really boring but it really picked up during the last 7 minutes with some really cool reversals. Post-Match promo: Jericho: Ladies and gentleman I did it, I really did it. Thanks to all you Jericaholics I’m still the champ. I dedicate this to all you happy lovable Jerichaholics. ‘mon Juvy take off your mask bro. Let’s see what you got here Quasijucie. C’mon Quasi Forever. Please if you have a weak heart or you get sick easily please close your eyes or leave the building because he’s really ugly. C’mon Quasi. C’mon. This has taken far too long here. (Juvy takes it off) :lmao ***1/2

Nitro July 27, 1998 - WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
This is supposedly Malenko’s last-ever shot at Jericho and the title. This is probably the weakest Dean/Jericho match ever seen. It didn't have too much time to really develop and it had a screwy ending so it fit the mold nicely of what was on Nitro at the time. **1/4

RAW August 9, 1999 - The Millennium Countdown Clock Expires: Y2J! Chris Jericho debuts after months of the Millennium Countdown, gets an insanely huge reaction. Unfortunately Jericho’s big debut didn’t actually lead to anything big until a few months later.

No Way Out February 27, 2000 - Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle was the European Champion here and was looking to become a "Euro-Continental" Champion. Jericho is also still stuck with Chyna, this was a good match that first made me a fan of Angle's. ***1/4

RAW April 17, 2000 - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley & ShaneMcMahon vs. Chris Jericho
So this was originally built as a non-title match but Jericho brings up how he was punished last Thursday after calling Stephanie a brutal bottom-feeding trash bag and offers to apologize for slandering the “bottom feeding trash bags” by comparing them to Stephanie. Triple H storms out to the ring but Jericho quickly bails out to the floor and decides he’s not done talking yet. Jericho tells Triple H if he wants to really impress Stephanie he should put his WWF Championship on the line! Jericho continues to goad Triple H who gets so incensed at Jericho that he actually agrees to put the title up! Jericho then says he’s invested in an insurance policy before bringing the Acolytes out to ringside! Good match with a shocking ending and a hot crowd to boot. Triple H is shocked and tries to chase after Hebner but the Acolytes stand in his way as Hebner escapes. Triple H then goes after Jericho in the ring but Jericho bails with the belt to join the Acolytes at ringside. Triple H and Stephanie are furious in the ring at what just went down. ***3/4

No Mercy October 21, 2001 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
This match still holds up, I loved that the whole story and match is featured around the ego-maniacs that Rock and Jericho are and the story is "Can Jericho win the big one?" This forced fans to pick a side, and be more invested than they were for the other match. lol this one month feud was better booked than the whole WWF vs. WCW/ECW. This match is typical of a lot of Y2J/Rock matches in that Y2J carries the match technically and the Rock provides his signature spots to get the crowd even more invested. The ending was a bit of a clusterfuck with Stephanie interfering because she hates both men with a passion, IDK! Anyway Stephanie throws the chair into the ring then the Rock Bottoms her. Jericho uses the distraction to sneak up and hit the Breakdown on the Rock right into the chair for the win. ****1/4

Vengeance December 9, 2001 - Undisputed Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
What a mess, it had ref bumps and the run-ins and the screwjobs all in the space of 10 minutes. Austin was almost crippled and Jericho just finished wrestling a match so neither man was considered fresh going into the ring. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Disc Three

SmackDown May 2, 2002 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Hulk Hogan
This was during the Triple H/Jericho feud. Hogan is crazy over in Pittsburgh. The match isn't the best but it wasn't awful either, tbf I really don't know why this is on the DVD except that Jericho wants to show he wrestled Hogan. **1/4

WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003 - Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
These two had very good chemistry together, there was a lot of hype going into this because it was Michaels' WrestleMania return and to this point Jericho hadn't had a classic match at WrestleMania, so it was big for both guys. They delivered the goods as far as I'm concerned. They did an amazing job of making believable nearfalls, timing everything perfectly well and putting on a great display of counter wrestling. I wish Jericho worked more on the back and tbf the back work really didn't lead to anything. I did love the story with Jericho wanting to be Michaels so bad that once he became a professional wrestler all he wanted to do is destroy him, Jericho stealing all of Shawn's signature moves and putting Shawn in the Walls of Jericho on the outside. Was AWESOME! After the match Jericho teases the face turn, but kicks Shawn in the nuts instead. What a heel! ****1/4

RAW August 22, 2005 - WWE Championship or You’re Fired Match: Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
These two men had just faced off at Summerslam the night before where Jericho lost. Eric Bischoff who was helping Jericho against Cena and wanted Cena gone made this match where the loser would be fired. Bischoff was at ringside for this match and kept getting involved to stack the deck against Cena. This was a very good match where it looked like Cena might not be able to win. Both men got in a lot of offence. This wasn't as good as their match they had the night before at Summerslam but it was still very good. **3/3

RAW November 19, 2007 - Save_US.Y2J:
Randy Orton’s in the ring and some guy is running to the arena with a torch (get it, passing the torch) until he’s clotheslined down by some guy in the building. The music hits in the arena and the code (which had been airing on the television shows leading up to this) is finally broken: Save_Us.Y2J! Jericho’s music hits and a short-haired version of Jericho (looking a lot slimmer) come out. Jericho makes fun of Orton (and his Supercuts hairstyle) before saying he’s going to save us from Orton and he’s going to be taking that WWE Championship from him.

RAW March 10, 2008 - Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy
This is a fast paced match with lots of reversals, just a very good TV match. Only thing really hurting this was the lack of story it was more of moves, counter, moves etc. ***

No Mercy October 5, 2008 - Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
Different ladder match here, it was more about intensity than trying to one-up previous spot at the same time though, it lacked that aggression and violence of the Unforgiven match. There are some seriously awesome spots here including one of my favorites which see’s Jericho try and pin HBK down with the ladder only to have Michaels power up and push the ladder over sending Jericho crashing to the floor. I did love the finish with the tug-of-war with the belt which sees Shawn pulls Jericho forward with Jericho nailing an inadvertent headbutt. Shawn falls back, while Jericho pulls the belt down to retain. Jericho chipping his tooth and getting busted open of that WOW! ****

Extreme Rules June 7, 2009 - No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
Fantastic match here as these two have great chemistry. Jericho knows how to work with Mysterio which resulted in a really amazing match with a ton of great spots and, how fluidity all the spots really made this amazing. Every transitioned so well done that you never got the impression they were just going down a check list of all the neat stuff they planned to do before the match started. Jericho was really in "ASSHOLE" mode here, but what makes it so good is that he does exactly what he says he'll do. ****

SmackDown! November 13, 2009 - Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker
This is the first ever Undertaker/Jericho one-on-one match, and it was pretty damn good. It was a good match, it started off pretty slowly but built up well over time after Jericho countered "old school". This match was short and it would of been great to see these two have a big PPV match one day :( ***

WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010 - World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Edge
Edge returned from injury and won the Rumble in January. He immediately targeted his former Tag Team Championship Partner Chris Jericho once he won the World Title at Elimination Chamber. Not only is Jericho out first as champion, but he doesn't even get all the way down the ramp before his music is cut off and Edge’s starts. :lmao I really don't get why people shit on this, sure the crowd was dead but they just had to sit through a 11 minute Bret/Vince match. They used counters, nearfalls and submissions to tease the finish. They did a great job of starting slow, picking up the pace and then finishing with a bang. I loved that Edge sold the leg injury while getting up to receive the Codebreaker. Damn fun match. ****

Overall: 9/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re-watching The Latin American Xchange vs. A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels feud from 2006

TNA Hard Justice 2006 - NWA World Tag Team Championship: LAX vs. The Phenomenal Angels
Despite the fact that these two teams show some chemistry, I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Their heat segment was pretty boring, there are several extended chinlocks from Hernandez and his offense is pretty repetitive, and it’s lacking the cheating tactics that makes the tag team formula so much fun to watch with the right heel team. At least thing kind of picked up after the tope con giro and the hot tag with a red hot 6 minute finish sequence. ***1/2

tna1a.gif

TNA Impact 08/24/2006 - Border Brawl Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championships: LAX vs. The Phenomenal Angels
Pretty fun 8 minute brawl match, it wasn't mind-blowingly AMAZING or anything but it did get the job done of getting LAX over for their first title win and the finish was pretty cool with Konnan hits Daniels with the slapjack and Homicide hits the Ace Crusher through the table to win the titles. ***

tna1b.gif

TNA No Surrender 2006 - Ultimate X Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championships: LAX vs. The Phenomenal Angels
This is the first ever Tag Team Ultimate X match. LAX are the champs going in and this is their first defense. These are the type of matches I enjoy seeing Hernandez in just watching him throw his opponents around like dolls and showing how much of a tremendous athletic he is which covers up his repeated wrestling skills. But I have to admit it doesn't hold up like when I first saw it in 2006 It had some cool spots, but most of the match was just standard stuff and lots of no-selling. Which is silly because there were 4 of them? I did like that the heel tried to use the ladder and the finish was definitely memorable and creative. ***1/2

tna1d.gif

TNA Bound For Glory 2006 - Steel Cage Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championship: LAX vs. The Phenomenal Angels
This was an awesome match and a match of the year candidate. These teams delivered once again, with everyone working hard to make each other look good, I did mark for Homicide using the fork and started stabbing Daniel’s with it. There was a nice hurricanrana form the top rope but nothing will beat the move AJ pulled off a cross body form the top of the cage on LAX. The only negative thing that can be said about this match was the length of the match. The finish was pretty AWESOME! Too with Konnan using a coat hanger to reach through the cage and choke Daniels out. This allows Hernandez to hit Styles with a nasty clothesline and Homicide hits Styles with the Gringo Killer to get the pin. ****

tna1e.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
pwgddt42013.png

First Round Match: The Young Bucks vs. The Inner-City Machine Guns
The "Inner City Machine Guns" are Rich Swann and Ricochet and I read that they came out to Lionel Richie's "All Night Long," which makes me even more pissed that PWG doesn't show entrances. This was an AWESOME! Opening 12 minute soptfeast of a match The Young Bucks are so extremely entertaining and always play the "cocky dick, asshole heels perfectly". The ending was pretty cool when Swann's went for the Standing 450 but was meet with knees, and Matt cradles him for the win. ***1/4

pwg1a.gif

First Round Match for the PWG World Tag Titles: Super Smash Brothers vs. The Unbreakable Fucking Machines
Excalibur announced that the titles would be defended in every match of the tournament, so if the Machines win here, then they win the belts and have to defend it in the semifinals. The match ruled at times but then player Uno legitimately injured his left shoulder, most likely when he took a Suicide Dive onto Cage & Elgin, which saw him apparently bump into the legs of Stupefied, but it would later be reported that he was fine. This match was all about the displays of power from Elgin and Cage, who were a very fun tag team. While Elgin lifted Stupefied up for his delayed vertical suplex, Cage tagged in and took Stupefied while he was in the suplex position. He held him there for another 30 seconds, then Elgin tagged in and took him back. AWESOME! ***

pwg1b.gif

First Round Match: Dojo Bros. vs. Future Shock
The match starts with Cole gives Roddy a clean break, but earns a BLISTERING chop with a "SUCK MY DICK RODDY". Cole comes back in after running away, and undoes his tights to make Roddy suck his dick, but Roddy CHOPS HIM IN THE DICK. Kyle comes in, but Cole calls a timeout and yells at Roddy for what he just did. :lmao They really seem to cost and keep it in first or second gear in this match it's like they didn't want to blow the crowd up and go "insane" with a bunch of cool moves. The last 5 minutes or so was awesome, and I love that Cole is just a total prick by hitting Roddy in the head with the PWG World Championship for the win. Oh and I lost count with the amount of dick chops this had. ***1/4

pwg1c.gif

First Round Match: The Briscoe Brothers vs. Steenerico
Steen wants nothing to do with Generico, hardly even looking at him. Steen shoves Generico out of the ring because he wants to go first. lol. UGH! This only went 11-12 minutes, at least this had phenomenal storytelling as Steen and Generico still hate each other guts but they wanted to win, I love the fact that they wouldn't really look out for each other. The Briscoe’s wrestled a solid match, but not much that they did here stood out. In the end, it was The Briscoe’s setting Generico up for the Doomsday Device, but Generico rolled up the holding Briscoe for the pin. ***

Quarterfinal Match for the PWG World Tag Titles: The Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs. The Young Bucks
Bucks wrestled a Buck match, the leg work on Brian Cage went nowhere in terms of how it affected anything in the match, I also did laugh at the on and off selling Cage did in the match e.g. while the Bucks worked the leg he sold the leg like a champ but as soon as Elgin got the hot tag and things began to break down, shit was forgotten. The ending was pretty cool for some cheap heat and to set up a rematch when Elgin plasters Matt with a back fist and looks for a Buckle Bomb, but Nick ROLLS ELGIN UP and the Young Bucks win the tag titles. ***1/4

Quarterfinal Match: Steenerico vs. Future Shock
This was basically non-stop action and the dynamic and hatred between Kevin Steen and Adam Cole was on full show here. I loved how as the night goes on Steen and Genrico start not less hating each other but realizing that if they have a chance of winning they will need to work together at times. So they would start using double team moves in this. I did mark for Steen delivered a Rock Bottom to Cole and the ending with Steen delivering the Package Piledriver to Cole, then rolling him to Generico, who gave him a Brainbuster and pinned him. ***

aceaOtYR.gif

B-Boy vs. Willie Mack
This is a B-Boy match, and goes on too long and is far too even. B-Boy also tries to murder Willie Mack, which auto makes this the best B-Boy match ever. It's basically a "I'll get my shit in and you get your shit inâ€￾ exhibition match. **

pwg1e.gif

Knockout or Submission Only: Sami Callihan vs. Drake Younger
This is the second match of a best of three series, and Sami is up 1-0. I'm guessing the rules are you can only win by "knockout or making your opponent tap" I've said this before but I'm not a big Sami or Drake fan their matches are just basically hardcore nonsense with a whole lot of silliness. And the unprotected chair shots were a bit over the top. Drake refusing to sell his leg beyond the short time after getting sandwiched between chairs and thaw Simi work was hilarious. **

pwg1f.gif

DDT4 2013 Finals for the PWG World Tag Titles: The Young Bucks vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico
Yeah, this was the best match of the night. And quite possible might be their best match together, as this had more hate and emotion than their previous matches. The heat segment on Generico was pretty epic as they kept repeating the potential cut-offs tags which build very well until Steen gets the hot tag. The ending 5-7 minutes was sweet with Generico gets MURDERED with around 7 plus Superkicks, and then More Bang for Your Buck just for him to kick out. Rick Knox almost saving the day, only to have to count Generico's shoulders down was just fantastic. ****

acrUotCq.gif

Post Match: Generico and Steen are left in the ring with Knox, and Generico extends his hand to his former partner. Steen fakes him out, but comes back in and THEY EMBRACE~! The crowd goes batshit crazy, as Steen takes the mic and says that he would be nothing without Generico. He even goes out of the ring and slaps the mat as humanly hard as he can to celebrate who could be the best wrestler in the world. The locker room comes out and they all take turns thanking El Generico as the Briscoes put him on their shoulders. One of the biggest OLE! chants ever starts up as Generico noticeably starts crying. Generico takes the mic and says that the crowd deserves the truth....his name is El Generico, and he was born in Tijuana, Mexico. He has to go back to Mexico to take care of his orphans. He names off all of the orphans he has to care for, but he can't remember some of the names. He's super hard to understand, but he does clearly say "Wherever I go, this has been the best time of my life. This place is number one." He says that they were his family and he gets a standing ovation and a huge 'Thank You' chant. "If worst comes to worst, and the plane crashes, I'll come back."

pwg1g.gif

Overall: 8/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
unforgiven1a.gif

Four Corners Elimination match for the WWF Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Lance Storm & Hurricane Helms vs. Big Show & Spike Dudley
This match was booked smartly, non-stop entertainment and it didn't feel too clustered. But this was basically a Hardy/Dudley match this was also a perfect example of how the "Invasion" angle was a mess, You had some great new wrestlers such as Storm and Hurricane (who were basically kind of getting over at this point, well Hurricane was) but they would rather have the Hardyz/Dudleyz be that final two team and let’s be honest they did the same stuff in the ending that they've been doing for 2 years now. **3/4

In the back, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley offers her services to Rob Van Dam tonight in his match. But he says the only thing he needs is a dressing room big enough to contain his superstar status.

Raven (w/Terri) vs. Saturn
This feud started because Saturn picked Moppy over Terri so she decided to join Raven and the alliance, Moppy went suddenly missing, and on Raw a week prior to this, Raven says he found Moppy, and proceeds to put him through a wood chipper. BASTARD! His is also during the angle where Saturn suffered multiple concussions and permanent brain damage. This was pretty much a filler match that had no business on a PPV. Terri's whoreness was off the charts though. *1/2

unforgiven1b.gif

Christian says tonight, that turning on his "brother" will all be worth it when he leaves with the title.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Edge vs. Christian
After months of jealousy and teasing, Christian finally turned on his brother on the 09/03/2001 Raw from their hometown of Toronto when Christian gives the IC Champ a one-sided Conchairto. Which can be seen here Christian turns on Edge - Video Dailymotion this was a little disappointing considering the heel turn was so great and even the build was cool, but they only gave them 10 minutes which wasn't enough time for them to tell a story. Edge would dominate the battle early and the crowd was squarely behind him against his evil brother. Once Christian took over, he worked snugly with his longtime friend and the result as a stiff and bloody battle between the two. You could tell that both men, especially Christian, were trying a bit too hard to justify their singles pushes and the result was a bit of a choppy match but Edge would help keep up a good pace when on offense. Both guys get busted open hardway, Edge under his eye and Christian either a bloody nose or lip. **1/2

WCW World Tag Team Championships: The Undertaker & Kane vs. KroniK (w/Steven Richards)
Kronik interfered in the Brothers of Destruction’s title defense on the 9/17 Raw and cost them the WWF Tag Team Titles against the Dudley Boys. They were led by Steven Richards who was looking for revenge on the Undertaker for destroying the RTC back in the spring. HOLY! FUCKING! SHIT! This was bad. Taker 2001 has been awful His no-sells pretty much everything this year and what makes this match even worse is that no one’s selling for anybody. Man, big men vs. big men matches for 10 minutes are awful. 1/4*

Tazz wishes Booker and Shane look in their match against the Rock. He brings up how funny/pathetic it'd be if they can't beat the Rock while Stephanie could. Booker gets pissed so Tazz runs off. :lmao Then Stephanie talks to RVD's door trying to convince him to destroy Jericho since it's her bday tomorrow night. Jericho ends up standing behind her he then asks how old and she says 25. He says he asked how old she was, not how many dudes she slept with last week. Then wishes her the "Breast of luck."

WWF Hardcore Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho
RVD was quickly becoming the biggest babyface in the Alliance. Hell he was 2nd most over guy in the company 1st being Rock, 3rd being Angle. The match is still exciting as it was on first watch. I really think the "Hardcore" stipulation helped this as this was 16 and a half minute match with tremendous chemistry, psychology, it went back and forth, the fans were hot the entire time, with a ton of great thought-out spots. And the Stephanie interference didn't even take away from the match. ***3/4

unforgiven1cv.gif
unforgiven1d.gif

Young Simba and Booker pump each other up. Once Booker leaves, Shane wonders what it'd be like to be WCW World Champion.

2-1 Handicap Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship: The Rock vs. Booker T & Shane "Young Simba" McMahon
Booker and Shane control this match with cheap tactics. Shane hits a few cool moves, including a diving clothesline from the crowd barrier. Test would be the first to interfere, helping his buddy Shane and attacking Rock. Mike Chioda would finally come out to try and balance things out and WWF senior referee Earl Hebner would be there in the end as Rock put Booker down one more time. The ending was Silly and overbooked, and it made no sense, for if Shane wasn't in the match to be involved in the decision either way, then why is he in the match at all? But other than that it was fun due to Shane and Rock's bumping. **

unforgiven1e.gif

William Regal tells Torrie Wilson that he's thinking of banning everyone from ringside for the next match. Tajiri gives him the puppy-dog eyes, though, so Regal says its okay for her to go to ringside.

WCW United States Championship: Tajiri (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. Rhyno
This match is a quick spell between the two main event matches. Tajiri was getting seriously dicked around here, as he is very over with the crowd but is continuously getting jobbed out each week. A few days earlier on SD, Rhyno gored Tajiri on the entrance way, thus Tajiri's the reason his ribs are taped up. This matches and was pretty much the filler match that Heyman and JR used to hype the main event. *1/2 - *3/4

At WWF New York, Stacey Kiebler shows a video of her shaving her legs in a bathtub. WHAT!

WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin (w/Debra) vs. Kurt Angle
The build to this has been phenomenal, and quite possible the best feud of 2001. This wasn't SSlam amazing but I doubt Austin could of carried Angle to that type of match again. I did love how they used a lot of revenge spots e.g. Angle throwing Austin off the ramp in revenge, and the Piledriver spot being revisited just to have both guys counter it with back drops on the concrete. I will admit the best spot is near the beginning when Austin hesitates to throw the kick before the Stunner because Kurt is ready to catch the foot. Austin desperation and paranoia was Awesome here, as he had to hang on to ever fully attack by Angle and the fact that he brought back the from front suplex spots on the announce table that he did against Benoit was great, it’s just a shame Angle no sold it and that those spots had nothing to do with the story. However this match told a tremendous story of how much hatred both guys have for each other so both men are focusing on the neck of the other. This is smart considering both of their previous broken necks. It was kind of weird seeing Angle was more of the aggressor and really taking it to Austin but Austin was really selling the beating he was getting from Angle here, made Angle’s offense look LEGIT. The ending was pretty much a perfect way to set up a rematch as Austin finally goes for the Stunner, but Kurt grabs his foot and turns him over into the Ankle lock for the submission, but Austin's hand was under the ropes, which would lead to a rematch. Angle's family and the WWF superstars all come out to celebrate with Kurt. There is no doubt in my mind that if 9/11 didn't happen Austin would have retained the title. (As he won it back just a few weeks later on Raw when Regal screwed Angle out of the title) Don’t get me wrong though; there was nothing wrong with this patriotic ending for United States fans and for the hometown boy. ***3/4

unforgiven1f.gif

Overall: 5.5/10

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
nm1a.gif

WCW Tag Team Championship: The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) vs. Lance Storm & Hurricane (w/Ivory & Molly Holly)
This match just screamed, "We have nothing better to do with these guys." Don't get is twisted Helms and Storm have been team here and there over the past 2 months but I don't think they ever won a match. So I really have no idea why they are getting a title shot. This is a good opening match, lots of near falls and excitement towards the end, with everyone including the ladies getting involved. ***

Alliance Commissioner William Regal welcomes Rob Van Dam to the arena and encourages him to apologize to Steve Austin. Elsewhere Michael Cole gets the honor of putting on Vince’s coat. Vince says the next time he drops his jacket he’s going to drop him.

Kane vs. Test
This was an okay match. I would say that this was an above average big man match. I think that Kane carried this match and I never thought test did much. The pace picks up a bit near the end, where both men try hard to quicken the pace, but this bout is mediocre at its best. Best moment of the match was whenever Nick Patrick would help Test throughout the match. After the match, Kane gives Nick Patrick a pair of chokeslams and a powerbomb for revenge. *1/2

Coach wants to talk to Austin but gets Debra instead. Austin yells a promo through the door which Debra repeats into PG-13 language. Elsewhere, Stacy Keibler asks Matt Hardy for an opinion on her lingerie.

Lingerie Match: Torrie Wilson vs. Stacy Keibler
This is the first ever lingerie match, and let’s be honest you know I wasn't watching the ring action but both girls are green as grass here. DUD!

nm1b.gif
nm1c.gif
nm1d.gif

Christian says he’s better than Edge and incorporates a joke about the St. Louis Cardinals and Mark McQuire.

Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Edge vs. Christian
This feud took a Nasty turn on the 10/15 Raw when Christian officially joined the Alliance. In a backstage segment Edge tells Christian his mother’s been in a car accident. Christian asks why he wasn't called first as they run down the hallway. On their way out, they meet up with Hugh Morrus, Kanyon and Chuck Palumbo. As Edge tries to push out of the way, Christian crushes him with his briefcase, and says “The only accident in our family is the one where Mom gave birth to you twenty-seven years ago!” Then at the Unforgiving PPV Christian beat Edge for the IC title. Now as for the match it was alright but nothing really special. I'm not saying it was terrible of anything but the action was just alright. Or maybe it's because this is the 10 ladder match in a row I've seen. IDK But I can say I loved the revenge spot Edge does the Con-chair-to to Christian on top of the ladder to end the match. ***1/2

Spike is @ WWF New York getting drunk and enjoys the company of a young lady; I guess he's over Molly Holly.

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Dudleyz vs. Big Show & Tajiri
Not much to say about this match other than the fact that the Dudleyz practically beat the crap out of Tajiri in its entirety. Tajiri accidentally sprays mist in the ref's eyes, leading to Rhyno interfering and Goring the Big Show. Dudleyz would then hit the 3D on Tajiri for the win. This really could have been a TV match instead. **1/4

William Regal thanks Rhyno for his effort. Rhyno says he's going to single-handedly earn respect for the Alliance. Elsewhere, Shane McMahon gives Booker a pep talk and tells him "all he has to do is take out the Undertaker."

Booker T vs. The Undertaker
Awfully slow, I really wasn't into this at all and I think it’s due to the lack of the story here. The match isn't exactly bad but it was pretty boring. They did have some decent submission wrestling is thrown in along with some close near falls and a great ending. *3/4

WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
This match still holds up, I loved that the whole story and match is featured around the ego-maniacs that Rock and Jericho are and the story is "Can Jericho win the big one?" This forced fans to pick a side, and be more invested than they were for the other match. lol this one month feud was better booked than the whole WWF vs. WCW/ECW. This match is typical of a lot of Y2J/Rock matches in that Y2J carries the match technically and the Rock provides his signature spots to get the crowd even more invested. The ending was a bit of a clusterfuck with Stephanie interfering because she hates both men with a passion, IDK! Anyway Stephanie throws the chair into the ring then the Rock Bottoms her. Jericho uses the distraction to sneak up and hit the Breakdown on the Rock right into the chair for the win. ****1/4

nm1e.gif
nm1f.gif

Triple Threat Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship: Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam
All 3 guys have totally 3 different styles and I may be rating this a bit high but I really enjoyed this one. They never stopped moving in it and that means a lot when you consider that it’s over fifteen minutes long. The ending hurt it but the rest of it worked quite well. I don’t think anyone believed Austin was going to lose here but an obvious ending can be perfectly fine at times. I could have done without all the McMahons in the finish, though.

nm1g.gif

Overall: 5/10

Last edited: