Woman loses her damn mind at RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When Bret Hart was face of the company, Vince booked him to his strengths not Hogan's. The same took place with Austin because each person is different and, lo, and behold society took to him.

Jim Cornette says pro wrestling is dead. It is an entertainment company now which spells an uphill battle for one Roman Reigns.

This is why the booking system being used for Cena is now being applied to Reigns. This is bad systemology, however, because being human isn't so rigidly defined.
Society can dictate what is popular not a system. Austin was extremely popular for reasons that went against Vince's tradional system.

Each babyface eventually had to sell out and crossover. Reigns biggest problem could come at this point. Until then, WWE shouldn't anticipate so much. Book Reigns like a man, because it isn't truly fair to book him otherwise.

Roman Reigns can't cater to a demographic of 0 - 90 including both males and females. However, he could explode the demographic of 12 - 49 if he catered to mostly them.

Then again, WWE has painted themselves into the proverbial corner as usual. They are all quantity, less equality instead of a relatively decent mixture of both.
Exactly. Why do you need to have your top guy doing shitty recap promos to open every show? If that is the requirement to be the face of the company then obviously Reigns doesn't fit the bill. But why the fuck is that a cookie cutter requirement for your top guy? Cena is probably the closest thing we've had to Hogan all things considered... does that mean Reigns has to be booked in that mold? Fuck that! Book him like Roman fucking Reigns, not Hulk Cena 3.0

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
SmackDown has canned heat in general, bro.
For faces? lol.

This is clearly an indicator of a heel turn if true.

Expect an epic promo to open the Raw after mania with Reigns digging in on the haters. I'd tune in for that

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
For faces? lol.

This is clearly an indicator of a heel turn if true.

Expect an epic promo to open the Raw after mania with Reigns digging in on the haters. I'd tune in for that

You obviously haven't seen Natalya coming out to a Steve Austin pop, man. I LOL'd so hard a few weeks back. And then KO got boos, but you could see the crowd was cheering him. I mean, sometimes it's not even funny.

I hope they do a double turn at Mania. The crowd will turn Reigns either way, so they might as well roll with it.

Then, heel Reigns unleashing on the fans the next night on RAW will be great. inb4 he instantly gets cheered.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Double turn? HHH has no business as a face at this point. And I understand they always have canned reactions, but I've never heard of a face getting canned boos or a heel getting piped cheers. That is strange.

Anyway, people keep acting like WWE is ignorant to the fact that fuckboy kids like to boo their newly pushed guy but it obviously isn't the case. It is no mystery to them that Reigns going over HHH to end the show won't be received warmly by the "teehee we know the booking plans because we're smart marks" crowd. How they deal with it is semi-interesting to me. Sad that this is the state of pro wrestling in 2016... a half ass game of checkers between shitty fans and shitty bookers to try and stay a step ahead of one another. Yee haw.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The Authority in general has no business being on the show, yet they're still present, so I'm not putting a double turn past them.

Heels don't get piped cheers, but Reigns getting piped in boos is strange (considering they/Vince still want him as a face once he wins the title). It's like he's being sabotaged.

Yo, what if HHH vs Reigns doesn't close the show? What if it's Taker vs Shane-O Mac and the negative reaction towards Reigns' title win is reduced?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure what the "authority" encompasses at this point, but I find it funny when people act like HHH has no point on the show at this stage. Like having an asshole authority figure who can take off the suit and look like a million bucks and still put on great brawls is a negative somehow.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I love HHH, but The Authority thing has ran its course long ago. Remember when Ziggler won that SS match and got The Authority fired? Well, they shat on it by returning too soon and that got a lot of fans pissed.

I'd be fine if RAW didn't have a GM, tbh. There's no need for 20 minute promos each week. But, that Shane-O Mac vs Taker match guarantees we're either going to have him as the GM or Trips/Steph will be staying where they're at right now.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with Reigns. Hopefully a heel turn.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I love HHH, but The Authority thing has ran its course long ago. Remember when Ziggler won that SS match and got The Authority fired? Well, they shat on it by returning too soon and that got a lot of fans pissed.

I'd be fine if RAW didn't have a GM, tbh. There's no need for 20 minute promos each week. But, that Shane-O Mac vs Taker match guarantees we're either going to have him as the GM or Trips/Steph will be staying where they're at right now.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with Reigns. Hopefully a heel turn.
They have 5 hours of tv to fill on their main shows and countless bs filler shows besides that. If not for Authority storylines you just get even more pointless 15 minute Ziggler matches. Nobody wants that.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Double turn? HHH has no business as a face at this point. And I understand they always have canned reactions, but I've never heard of a face getting canned boos or a heel getting piped cheers. That is strange.

Anyway, people keep acting like WWE is ignorant to the fact that fuckboy kids like to boo their newly pushed guy but it obviously isn't the case. It is no mystery to them that Reigns going over HHH to end the show won't be received warmly by the "teehee we know the booking plans because we're smart marks" crowd. How they deal with it is semi-interesting to me. Sad that this is the state of pro wrestling in 2016... a half ass game of checkers between shitty fans and shitty bookers to try and stay a step ahead of one another. Yee haw.

There's been plenty of guys who can't talk. Taker, Goldberg, Vader, etc. Sure they were never "THE guy" but they still had memorable, if not legendary careers. Don't see why it can't be the same with Reigns even if he doesn't become the next Cena/Hulk/whatever.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

I guess it would be nice to see a babyface GM for the change, but I can see why they wouldn't want to write "Triple H comes out and kisses ass for 20 minutes" into the script.
it would still be better than this bullshit with Stephanie tho and trying to make the audience feel depressed for coming to watch their show

Since bringing up this show in unrelated threads is my gimmick, if there's any way to get your thoughts on Aztec Warfare this week it would be fascinating. Watching Fenix and Ricochet do typical Lucha stuff and 630 splashes and dives off ceilings is great and all for us smarkymarks who love our vanilla midgets, but the show works because 3 of the 5 top guys are actually incredible badasses. Was just thinking about how quality writers actually took that stiff who had a shitty barbed wire cage match with Abyss and was never seen again, and turned Mil Muertes into a really cool World Champion. While these clowns can't figure out Roman.

On topic: Someone elsewhere described the perfect way to book Roman after that god-awful TLC go-home segment. "Before writing any Roman Reigns segment, replace his name with "Brock Lesnar" and see how it comes across."

Reactions: Prince Bálor